The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Torchwood"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-12-07, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Torchwood"
BBC America show. There's only 3 shows left for this season and I'm sad.

I really like this show and Jack is hot. Which begs the question: why are Jack's in my RL not as hot as the many Jack's on t.v.?

Has anyone else gotten sucked into this scifi show the way I have? It's the only saving grace on Sat night TV

agman lvoes me

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Torchwood Loree 11-12-07 1
 RE: Torchwood CattyChat 11-13-07 2
   RE: Torchwood Ahtumbreez 11-13-07 3
 RE: Torchwood (wtih some mild SPOIL... strid333 12-05-07 4
   RE: Torchwood (wtih some mild SPOIL... Ahtumbreez 12-06-07 5
 RE: Torchwood MissMyth 01-09-08 6
 RE: Torchwood Ahtumbreez 01-25-08 7
   RE: Torchwood Ahtumbreez 01-28-08 8
 RE: Torchwood CattyChat 02-06-08 9
   RE: Torchwood Ahtumbreez 02-07-08 10
 RE: Torchwood AZ_Leo 02-17-08 11
   RE: Torchwood Ahtumbreez 02-18-08 12
       RE: Torchwood MissMyth 02-18-08 13
           RE: Torchwood AZ_Leo 02-18-08 14
               RE: Torchwood Ahtumbreez 02-19-08 15
                   RE: Torchwood MissMyth 02-19-08 16
                       RE: Torchwood Ahtumbreez 02-26-08 17
                           RE: Torchwood MissMyth 02-26-08 18
                               RE: Torchwood Ahtumbreez 02-29-08 19
                                   RE: Torchwood AZ_Leo 03-01-08 20
                                       RE: Torchwood Ahtumbreez 03-05-08 21
 RE: Torchwood MissMyth 03-17-08 22
   RE: Torchwood Ahtumbreez 03-21-08 23
 Finale Ahtumbreez 04-24-08 24
   RE: Finale AZ_Leo 04-27-08 25
       RE: Finale Ahtumbreez 05-01-08 27
 RE: Torchwood mysticwolf 04-30-08 26
 RE: Torchwood Loree 09-12-08 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-07, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Torchwood"
I'm watching. I never even realized at first it was a spin-off of Dr Who since I don't watch Dr Who. But I think of this as sort of a UK version of the X-Files.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-13-07, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Torchwood"
Yay, I'm not the only one addicted to this show. I've been watching since the beginning and am really going to miss it when it's finished. At least it was definitely picked up for another season, though.

Jack is great -- those lips and eyes. Sagebrush Dan informed me, though, that John Barrowman is happily married to his partner in England -- why is it all the best guys are taken and gay???

The cast is great together and the show is really funny, as well as mysterious. I really can't wait to find out the whole story of Capt. Jack "born in the future, lived in your past" and immortal.

Like Loree, I have never watched Dr. Who and did hear that the character of Capt. Jack & John Barrowman are from Dr. Who, but that Torchwood isn't related to Dr. Who in storylines or anything.

Either way, this show is great and makes my Saturday night (along with Graham Norton, who really gets me rolling)

It was Autumn & incessant piped the quails from shocks & sheaves;
like living coals, the apples burned among the withering leaves.
~~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

11-13-07, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Torchwood"
Never watched Dr Who either.

I think Jack looks like Tom Cruise and NCIS guy (can't remember his name)kid if they had had a kid .

Last night's episode was the best, as the week before epi was the worst. I hate that it's ending soon and hope we get some answers.

Tosh I feel sorry for so I hope she has a good episode before the end.

agman lvoes me

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-05-07, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Torchwood (wtih some mild SPOILERS)"
Good show. Not as good as Doctor Who. I've downloaded and watched them all already because I was too impatient for them to air a year later in the North American market (aired on CBC in Canada).

The second season of Torchwood should be airing in January on BBC so it will be available to download. I think that the CBC will be airing it at the same time as the BBC (or a couple of weeks later) this time around. Martha Jones should be appearing in the second season of Torchwood before returning to Doctor Who.

This Christmas, I plan to watch the Sarah Jane Adventures which I've downloaded, despite the fact that this show is considered a kid's show that is a spin-off of Doctor Who.

Three is the perfect number.

12-06-07, 09:24 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Torchwood (wtih some mild SPOILERS)"
We US citizens got it on BBC America and they advertised that season 2 would start up in January.

winterized by agman

MissMyth 352 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-09-08, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MissMyth Click to send private message to MissMyth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Torchwood"
LAST EDITED ON 01-16-08 AT 12:46 PM (EST)

This is a great show and I do love me some Captain Jack Harkness. Although you can certainly enjoy Torchwood without having watched Doctor Who, it does help. BBC America was kind enough to recently run four of the five episodes with Christopher Eccleston that introduces Captain Jack. Those, plus the last three episodes with David Tennant, really explain a lot about what's going on with Torchwood.
Now, for pure yumminess: the new season starting in January brings James Marsters to play in Captain Jack's world.

01-25-08, 09:15 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Torchwood"
The second season starts this Saturday on BBC America. Jan 26th. Can't wait to see James Marsters again.

winterized by agman
I AM the Abbott of Vermont!

01-28-08, 02:48 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Torchwood"
I have no idea if anyone else saw the season opener but it was just as quirky as the first season. And Jack is still kissing all the boys. I can't tell who he's in love with more.

My suggestion is that if you're tired of reality shows, flip over and watch. Unless you're a bit homophobic, then this is not for you.

winterized by agman
I AM the Abbott of Vermont!

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-06-08, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Torchwood"
I'm still watching, Ahtum. I just love this show. Capt. Jack has chemistry with EVERYONE!! He obviously just has so much love to spread around and I enjoy it. Who knows who he's going to be with next?

The first episode with Capt. John (James Marsters) was a fantastic way to start the new season. Holy smokes.

The second episode was pretty good, too. However, I really can't wait to see ep 3. The previews look really good. I enjoy the rift letting past/present/future intermingle.

02-07-08, 10:03 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Torchwood"
Glad to see someone is watching and it's not just me!

Yep epi 3 looks great. But I want James Marsten on every week

Agman took me to the islands

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-17-08, 01:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Torchwood"
Anyone have any good tofu recipes? I think this last episode is going to make me go vegetarian for a while.

Since I also caught Graham Norton's "splosh" demo that aired after, I may never eat cake again, either.

A smokeysmom original

02-18-08, 10:11 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Torchwood"
Aww, poor Leo. That was gross, wasn't it.

Didn't watch Norton, so I'm still good with cake.

02-18-08, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MissMyth Click to send private message to MissMyth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Torchwood"
LOL on becoming a vegetarian. I may join you.

But our Jack's empathy with the beast and his comment on being "imprisoned, chained, and drugged" was so poignant given what happened to him during the year that never was.

I really like that Rhys knows about Gwen's job now. I think it will add a new dimension to the relationships now.

02-18-08, 11:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Torchwood"
It wasn't so much that it was gross since I do watch Dexter (the Showtime version) and CSI (but not Miami, I'm not that masochistic). But they did an excellent job of not only showing Jack's empathy but activating mine. Kudos to the audio crew on coordinating the sounds of hacking with moaning. It made the CA slaughterhouse footage on the news last night even more difficult to watch.

Until last night, Gwen's sticking with Rhys never really made sense. This episode gave his character some real character (although I still need close captioning to understand most of what he says). Glad she couldn't retcon him and, in essence, chose him over Jack.

And Ianto kicked some serious body parts as well as delivered some lovely one-liners.

A smokeysmom original

02-19-08, 11:04 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Torchwood"
I'm thankful I didn't see the CA slaughterhouse footage that people keep talking about

Rhys did surprise me, though I still find him completely dorky and irritating at times. I think he may become even more irritating if he tries to establish himself as part of Torchwood. And if he doesn't he may send Gwen over the edge with his questions.

Gwen's very protective of Rhys, and sometimes it comes across as more sisterly than loverly (I know that's not a word ).

Wipe your mouth, there's still a tiny bit of bullshite around your lips

02-19-08, 01:41 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Torchwood"
Of course there is. Eliza Doolittle tells us "oh wouldn't it be loverly ..." Closed captioning would help with Eliza too.

02-26-08, 04:06 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Torchwood"
I think my theory about Gwen's love for Jack vs Rhys was upheld with this past Saturday's epi.

02-26-08, 07:12 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Torchwood"
Yes indeed. That Gwen is conflicted. But I love the home scenes between her and Rhys. They're so cute.

And Martha Jones will be on this week. It'll be interesting to see what information she shares about the Doctor and the year that never was. But it seems that one member of the Torchwood team will either be dead or missing by the end of the episode.

02-29-08, 10:52 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Torchwood"
For some reason I thought James Marsten was going to be a regular this season

I've never watched Dr Who so I hope this epi isn't over my head.

-yes-

03-01-08, 10:52 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Torchwood"
I watched the 3rd season of DW when it was on Sci Fi last year and there did seem to be quite a few references to its season finale. It's kind of bizarre since they have just started airing the early episodes right before Torchwood.

I'm curios to know if it got confusing?

A smokeysmom original

03-05-08, 01:03 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Torchwood"
LAST EDITED ON 03-05-08 AT 01:04 PM (EST)

There were alot of references and innuendoes I didn't get, but at least I knew going in who she was. If I hadn't read something about this episode beforehand I would have been lost.

I'm really feeling bad for Tosh.

03-17-08, 04:21 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Torchwood"
I am NOT liking the developing story with Dead Owen.

03-21-08, 09:40 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Torchwood"
Me either! At all.

04-24-08, 04:50 PM (EST)
24. "Finale"
Killing off Owen and Tosh was horrible!

Why? Surely they're not gone for good. Though in the interview with Owen he sure made it sound that way.

*weep

04-27-08, 02:30 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Finale"
Remember Owen was already dead. They were pushing it trying to deal with the consequences so I think they either had to find some way to revive him or get rid of him (presumably his brain is still functioning while trapped in the bunker "watching himself decompose" so they could always bring him back later, although I understand the actor already has other plans). As for Tosh, Owen's removal would not have been anywhere near as poignant if it was just him. She brought the heartbreak to the whole story.

As for the next season I have heard rumors: new writing/production staff, new UK channel, new characters imported from Dr. Who, shorter season, and (most disturbing) more "family friendly" (I really hope that doesn't mean the same thing in England as it does here).

A smokeysmom original

05-01-08, 11:39 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Finale"
So the end is near is what you're saying Leo.

I liked the unfamily friendly version. I watched a few episodes of Dr Who that had Jack in it. I like Torchwood much better. Shorter season- yikes.

So family-friendly = Jack's not going to be kissing all the boys.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-08, 01:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Torchwood"
*raises hand* Yep. We watch religiously. Torchwood's a spin off from Dr. Who, which we also watch. They're out of synch at the moment because of when we're getting rights to broadcast the Dr. As I understand it that should change soon and the interlacing will make more sense. Great show.

A smokeysmom
"In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught." - Baba Dioum

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-08, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Torchwood"
Canada is behind in the second season. We are just at the point where Owen died and they brought him back with the glove. It is getting strange. I don't like this. Now I read that Tosh dies too? I know I am not going to like that.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •