The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Pushing Up Daisies"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-04-07, 07:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Pushing Up Daisies"
LAST EDITED ON 10-04-07 AT 08:07 AM (EST)

OK this is now my favorite show this year!

Quirky, romantic and funny! All the actors are appealing, I just love it!

Edit: Is the title Pushing Daisies? *sigh* Figures I scewed up.

One more of J
Slice's Awesome Creations!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Pushing Up Daisies Estee 10-04-07 1
   RE: Pushing Up Daisies zombiebaby 10-04-07 2
       RE: Pushing Up Daisies Bebo 10-04-07 4
 Pushing Daisies trigirl 10-04-07 3
   RE: Pushing Daisies Snidget 10-04-07 5
 RE: Pushing Up Daisies Ahtumbreez 10-04-07 6
   RE: Pushing Up Daisies Tamena 10-04-07 7
 RE: Pushing Up Daisies Peyton414 10-04-07 8
 How will the Religious Reich react? Estee 10-04-07 9
   RE: How will the Religious Reich re... KwietOne 10-05-07 12
 RE: Pushing Up Daisies Asrai 10-04-07 10
   RE: Pushing Up Daisies Silvergirl1 10-05-07 11
 Hooray moonbaby 10-07-07 13
 RE: Pushing Up Daisies Puffy 10-08-07 14
 Pushing Daisies: Episode #2 michel 10-10-07 15
 RE: Pushing Up Daisies CantStandToLook 10-10-07 16
 RE: Pushing Up Daisies Seana 10-11-07 17
   RE: Pushing Up Daisies SilverStar 10-12-07 18
 10/17 Episode Bebo 10-18-07 19
   RE: 10/17 Episode Ahtumbreez 10-18-07 20
 RE: Pushing Up Daisies emydi 10-19-07 21
 October 24 Episode Seana 10-25-07 22
 RE: Pushing Up Daisies mattben 10-25-07 23
 Chuck's dresses moonbaby 10-26-07 24
   RE: Chuck's dresses zombiebaby 10-26-07 25
 Annoying Schedule Changes Seana 11-29-07 26
   RE: Annoying Schedule Changes Bebo 11-29-07 27
   RE: Annoying Schedule Changes flipxcyd 12-02-07 29
 Hey Pie Ho's! zombiebaby 11-29-07 28
   RE: Hey Pie Ho's! Seana 12-04-07 30
       RE: Hey Pie Ho's! SilverStar 12-05-07 31
           RE: Hey Pie Ho's! Seana 12-05-07 32
 The minute's not up yet. Estee 02-11-08 33
   RE: The minute's not up yet. SilverStar 02-12-08 34
   RE: The minute's not up yet. mom2bjm 03-05-08 35
       RE: The minute's not up yet. Ahtumbreez 03-06-08 36
   RE: The minute's not up yet. syren 03-25-08 37
       RE: The minute's not up yet. mrc 03-27-08 38
           RE: The minute's not up yet. syren 04-16-08 39
               RE: The minute's not up yet. mrc 04-23-08 40

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-07, 07:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Pushing Up Daisies"
Recorded it: didn't watch yet. But hearing Jim Dale was doing the narration became the tipping point.

And shouldn't you be just a little bit worried about anyone who can resurrect at a touch?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-04-07, 08:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Pushing Up Daisies"
I wonder if this show will last? Any show that has a place called "Pie Hole" is ok in my book!

I was worried that Ned and Chuck would accidentally trip and fall on each other.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-07, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Pushing Up Daisies"
As soon as we saw the Pie Hole, Mr. B and I were in lvoe with this show. It's a keeper.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-04-07, 08:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Pushing Daisies"
Loved it. Quirky, stylized, fun. Can't say for sure that I won't get tired of it, but love it for now.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-07, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Pushing Daisies"
I enjoyed the first show, it was a very good start.

The question for me is can they keep up the charm and plot lines enought to keep it going.

Smokeysmom made me ducky! Icey bounced me!

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-07, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Pushing Up Daisies"
Loved it. The main girl reminds me of Zooey Deschamel. I may get tired of the narration, but other than that I loved it. I had to call the DD and tell her to watch simply for the fact that he said "cause that's the way I roll" (from another thread).

Tummy

Veni, vidi, velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

Tamena 174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-04-07, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tamena Click to send private message to Tamena Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Pushing Up Daisies"
It has a lot of Dead Like Me undertones, hubby and I loved it, even the ever-elusive 15yr old drama queen came down and graced us with her presence for the show
Definite keeper imho, I think this has the potential to be really good long term

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Karma doesn't come back on people because some universal controller-god pushes buttons. It comes back on people because they dig holes for themselves to fall into.

Peyton414 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-04-07, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Peyton414 Click to send private message to Peyton414 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Pushing Up Daisies"
i only was able to watch the beginning but i thought it was verry clever and charming. i couldn't help but feel bad for the young boy when his mom died! sadd

10-04-07, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "How will the Religious Reich react?"
On the one hand, it has definite supernatural elements and gives Ned a power that only God or assigned representatives are supposed to have.

On the other, it's pretty much the ultimate abstinence commericial.

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-05-07, 03:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: How will the Religious Reich react?"
HA! Abstinence commercial - good one.

Gotta admit I was surprised with the show, although the narration may get a bit irritating.

surfkitten siggie shop 2007

Asrai 6083 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-07, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Asrai Click to send private message to Asrai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Pushing Up Daisies"
LAST EDITED ON 10-04-07 AT 04:10 PM (EST)

We loved it! In fact, both our girls watched with us. It may have been a bit cramped in the living room, but that sure was a nice feeling to finally have something we all wanted to do together!

GF said, "yep, it's weird...that means it'll be my fave!" Honestly, if I had to choose just one show to watch, this would be my choice!

Loved the narration, the Pie Hole, the witty one liners, the actors, just everything...great show. Also, loved that the pilot was called "Pie-lette"

Summer Siggies by Sharnina

Silvergirl1 9320 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-07, 02:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Pushing Up Daisies"

Yes, the "Pie-lette" was funny. Our family enjoyed it together, too.

In some ways this show reminds me of the movie "Big Fish", because it's told in a fairy tale fashion.

I did the math, and the dog is 23 years old (Ned was 9, and the dog was 3 when Ned touched him back to life, and Ned is 29 now, because he is one year older than Chuck, who is 28 years old), and the dog doesn't look old or sick at all.

This raises some interesting questions. How long will the dog live? Is he immortal because of Ned's touch or will he die when Ned dies? Since there is no rule book, I guess there will be some things revealed as time goes on.

I love the Pie Hole, too. Mmmmm, pie!

A 2007 Sharnina original

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-07, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Hooray"
for something different!

Bonus: ABC is showing full episodes of this online so you can view it whenever you get a chance to. YAY!

He who throws mud loses ground.

Puffy 6571 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-07, 01:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Pushing Up Daisies"

Whee! We recorded it and just watched it tonight. Yup, quirky, funny, drama, sci-fi, all rolled into one. I think it's my favorite new show, too. In addition to what was already mentioned, loved the fact that the aunt couldn't see Chuck because of the eye patch!

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-07, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Pushing Daisies: Episode #2"
I watched episode 2 last night and it's already wearing thin. For the fun stuff, maybe Estee spoke too soon about the abstinence commercial! Ned and Chuck are fun to watch together and they will find a way!

The girl that's in love with Ned, Olive (?), has some funny lines but it's never good when the story is more about giving an actor a chance to sing than act. This time, the choreography with the floor cleaner made it funny but I hope her role isn't to sing in every episode.

I'm wondering if there is anything to the narrative always telling us the age to the last minute of individuals. It weighs down the narrative quite unnecessarily if there isn't a justification given.

Ned is having more and more trouble with his conscience about Chuck's father and that's an interesting storyline, much more than the lame detective stories. If it continues to be mainly a detective show, I don't give it long.

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-07, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Pushing Up Daisies"
We're going to have to rearrange our TIVO schedule to make sure we get this show. Last week we recorded it the old fashion way on VCR because we also record Back to You at the same time but after watching the episode on Friday we knew we'd have to change our schedule.

It is the cutest little show.

Syren did this

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-07, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Pushing Up Daisies"
Oh, DH, my cousin and I all just love Pushing Daisies! I think we get it a day early here (Tuesday).

I hope they don't lose the narrator. A lot of shows that start with narration lose it. Just as an example, Las Vegas (which I don't watch anymore) was originally narrated by Danny.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-07, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Pushing Up Daisies"
No fair! I wanna see it on Tuesdays!

I actually don't like the narration. Well, I don't like the amount of narattion there is. I would be fine with it if it wasn't constantly interrupting the show.

One word: GOTHMOG!
Seana! Good to see you. *smooch*

10-18-07, 06:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "10/17 Episode"
I enjoyed this episode even more than the Pie-lette.

10-18-07, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: 10/17 Episode"
*snort* Bebo's one funny lady.

Well, I'm irritated. I watched up until dead guy spilled the beans on bro, and then channel 8 decided that since 80 mile an hour winds were blowing thru they should interrupt programming. So I missed Daisies, Practice and Sexy Money. Arrgh, I miss the good ole days when I had both East and West Coast affiliates on my satellite!

Tummy

Veni, vidi, velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-07, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Pushing Up Daisies"
Count me in !! I love it!! Although evil that am, I'm waiting for Olive to figure it out and have her push Chuck into Ned

I love the 2 aunts and Olive.

My only question is how in the heck has Ned kept his dog from jumping on him the last 20 years? I can't make it 2 seconds in my house before the dogs are all over me!!

10-25-07, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "October 24 Episode"
I'm afraid that Bedazzling a pigeon sort of crosses a line for me. I'm prepared to suspend my disbelief for any number of things, but that isn't one of them.

Even still, I like this show.

Agman made it so!

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-25-07, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Pushing Up Daisies"
This show has legs, er, roots, I think. It's a clever fun watch.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

10-26-07, 07:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Chuck's dresses"
are to die for!

Seriously, I love the clothing this character wears. Well, except for the bee keeper garb.

10-26-07, 10:13 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Chuck's dresses"
I like them too. The actress is very pretty as well.

Arkie's Art! He's real and he is looking for you!

11-29-07, 12:56 PM (EST)
26. "Annoying Schedule Changes"
CTV is playing this show up here in Canada. They keep making scheduling changes and it's bugging me because I end up taping the wrong show. Luckily I caught the last 2 minutes last night so I know that there will be no episode next week. Are the US stations doing the same?

I don't watch regular TV, just kiddie shows. I don't know when stuff gets changed! Stop it!

So in two weeks, the Pie Maker will admit to having killed Chuck's dad? So that should be interesting.

Agman made it so!

11-29-07, 04:01 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Annoying Schedule Changes"
It was an hour late here in the US so that ABC could air Christmas specials. And yes, our next episode is in two weeks.

And the very last thing in last night's episode was Ned admitting he killed Chuck's dad. From the previews, we can tell she didn't take the news well.

flipxcyd 1053 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-02-07, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Annoying Schedule Changes"
Rescheduled to last night - just watched this morning. So, Pie Maker blurts out he killed her Dad. This will be interesting I'll have to agree.

11-29-07, 05:43 PM (EST)
28. "Hey Pie Ho's!"
Sorry I just had to use that!

Another observation on Chuck's dresses. Is she going through different era's or something? Is that intentional?

Her first round of dresses seemed to be inspired from late 50's to early 60's. Then last night and the last episode she seemed to jump to late 60's, early 70's. Is this relevant?

Arkie's Art! He's real and he is looking for you!

12-04-07, 08:00 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Hey Pie Ho's!"
I don't know about Chuck's dresses, but in contrast, Olive seems only to have two or three. I keep noticing a green sleeveless mini dress that appears to be made of linen.

I wonder if this is meant to be symbolism of some kind (endless variety for Chuck, sameole sameole for Olive). Will my high school English teachers be disappointed with me for missing the point yet again?

Agman made it so!

12-05-07, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Hey Pie Ho's!"
I always assumed that the green minidress (there is an orange one, too) was her uniform for work at the Pie Hole. I think when we see her outside of work she does have different clothes.

Drinkin' with Ahkie!

12-05-07, 01:16 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Hey Pie Ho's!"
I never thought of that.

You see? Another essay question I'd have failed.

Iciness by tribe

02-11-08, 07:23 PM (EST)
33. "The minute's not up yet."
Pushing Daisies has been renewed for a second season.

02-12-08, 03:46 PM (EST)
34. "RE: The minute's not up yet."
Yay! That's great news. I miss this show.

mom2bjm 1465 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-05-08, 07:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mom2bjm Click to send private message to mom2bjm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: The minute's not up yet."
Hooray! This is one of the favorites at our house! I think we read online that it'll be back in the fall!

Tribe's got me bouncing!

03-06-08, 04:24 PM (EST)
36. "RE: The minute's not up yet."
Yay!

Agman took me to the islands
still in denial about Journeyman

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

03-25-08, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: The minute's not up yet."
Any idea on when it starts?

Warcrack, it's not for kids.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-08, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: The minute's not up yet."
It won't start until this fall. It, Private Practice, and some other shows won't return until then.

I'm a mAGMANimous ruler

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-08, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: The minute's not up yet."
Thank you.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-08, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: The minute's not up yet."
You're welcome.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •