The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Reaper"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-26-07, 06:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Reaper"
It doesn't exactly take long to figure out who the director is...

It'll take some fast scriptwriting to keep this from turning into the Monster Of The Week special, not to mention explaining why all these escapees keep showing up within Sam's operating range. (You can just hear the yell of 'Road Trip!') I'm willing to give them that pattern for a few episodes while our protagonist finds his bearings, but they've already said what the cycle is going to be -- which means it's already time to think about breaking it.

Some interesting casting here, and stronger performances than I was expecting from the leads (although you can pretty much dump the best friends in the toilet right now). F/X is going to be a problem as the series goes on: the CW is not the network you want to turn to when you need a big budget -- but Smallville seems to do well enough.

I'll be curious to see how much they dig into the psycological impact of Sam's life. Essentially, when you know you've been pre-damned, have absolutely no hope whatsoever for redemption, and it's no fault of your own -- what do you do? Are you free to commit whatever actions you wish? Do you just keep living by your moral code and call it a victory, despite the fact that said code will never ultimately save you?

Interesting. I'll be back next week.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Reaper Bebo 09-26-07 1
 RE: Reaper Ahtumbreez 09-26-07 2
   RE: Reaper Bebo 09-26-07 3
       RE: Reaper Snidget 09-26-07 4
           RE: Reaper Ahtumbreez 09-26-07 9
 RE: Reaper SilverStar 09-26-07 5
   RE: Reaper Estee 09-26-07 6
   RE: Reaper Bebo 09-26-07 8
 RE: Reaper ginger 09-26-07 7
   RE: Reaper Tahj 09-26-07 11
   RE: Reaper bullzeye 10-03-07 14
 RE: Reaper Max Headroom 09-26-07 10
 RE: Reaper KwietOne 09-26-07 12
 RE: Reaper zombiebaby 09-27-07 13
 RE: Reaper Snidget 10-03-07 15
   RE: Reaper Tamena 10-08-07 16
 RE: Reaper emydi 10-19-07 17
 RE: Reaper SilverStar 10-24-07 18
   RE: Reaper Max Headroom 10-25-07 19
 RE: Reaper emydi 10-31-07 20
   RE: Reaper bullzeye 11-01-07 21
 RE: Reaper flipxcyd 11-09-07 22
 11/13 episode Max Headroom 11-14-07 23
 11/27 episode Max Headroom 11-28-07 24
   RE: 11/27 episode bullzeye 12-09-07 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-07, 07:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Reaper"
The kids kept me from watching the whole episode, but the parts I saw made my glad I had the DVR running. I'm going to go back and watch the whole thing, because it looks promising.

Ray Wise as the devil? Most excellent casting.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-07, 08:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Reaper"
This is one that I wanted to see, but as it plays opposite of House, well......Hugh Laurie wins everytime. Of course, there's always the chance Reaper will be moved around, and around and around if the networks haven't changed much.

09-26-07, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Reaper"
That's the joy of the DVR. Mr. B and I started watching House over the summer, so we set it to record so that we don't have to miss either show.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-07, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Reaper"
Love the DVR.

They are replaying the pilot Thursday night at 9 pm. Most likely to entice some Supernatural and Smallville viewers to the show.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-07, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Reaper"
My DVR will only record the show I have the tv on. I know it's ancient, but.....
and crap Snidg..same time as ER..I can't catch a break!

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-07, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Reaper"
Loved it! This is my favorite of the new shows so far. There were many LOL moments-- throwing the bleach at his head (someone getting hit in the head or falling down will get a laugh out of me every time. I'm easy like that.) and sucking up the bad guys with a Dirt Devil and then taking them to the DMV, aka Hell on Earth. *snort* Also, waiting for the Dirt Devil to recharge. I wasn't expecting to like this show, but I was very pleasantly surprised.

One word: GOTHMOG!

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-07, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Reaper"
Also, waiting for the Dirt Devil to recharge.

To me, the 'supernatural tools don't take nine-volts' shot was the funniest thing in the entire episode. And besides, who wouldn't believe a Dirt Devil would need a full recharge after only five seconds of use?

09-26-07, 11:24 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Reaper"
You were supposed to move that with your mind.

I'm already trying to figure out ways to squeeze that phrase into regular conversation.

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-07, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Reaper"
It's Sean of the Dead meets Buffy the Vampire Slayer. WITH LAURA PALMER'S DAD AS SATAN!

What's not to like?

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-26-07, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Reaper"
Exactly!

Tribe rocked my sig!

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-03-07, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Reaper"
I just finished watching the premiere and when my DW asked me what I thought I said it reminded me of Sean of the Dead.

I was pleasantly suprised and will tune back in (have the second ep on DVR).

Another Arkie Masterpiece!

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-07, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Reaper"
It was a surprisingly fun and entertaining show. I'll be back next week.

agman's got me ready for fall

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-26-07, 11:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Reaper"
Or...I'd carjack 'ya, if you were driving an Escalade!

I too was surprised with this show. Tivo...check!

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-07, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Reaper"
Anotother hit for me!

This is the first show I have ever watched on CW or even knew about.

I loved that it was fast paced and not exactly convuluted. It was easy watching. Loved the physical comedy and the casting of the devil!

I never saw Buffy but the premise reminded me of it. Was the chick on Heroes?

One more of J
Slice's Awesome Creations!

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-07, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Reaper"
For some reason the ad for this organization with this website http://www.leestokes.org/ seemed out of place during the show.

Tamena 174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-08-07, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tamena Click to send private message to Tamena Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Reaper"
Finally watched it the other night with the whole family -
this is a definite Must Watch for us, we loved it!

The fact that the DMV is the portal to hell...and us being from NJ, just about sent me to the hospital choking on whatever it was we were munching on that night
I think this is going to be one of those shows people will be slow to catch on to but hooked once they do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Karma doesn't come back on people because some universal controller-god pushes buttons. It comes back on people because they dig holes for themselves to fall into.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-07, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Reaper"
Love this show... the main character Bret Harrison was Sam (too) in "The Loop" a very funny sitcom on Fox the last two summers.

And I agree about friend. when b and I saw him...we both said "Jack Black wannabe"

Love Satan

The bug lady was great

And Andi-- she's Big Ben's gf in rl

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-07, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Reaper"
I'm still loving this show. Last nights epi was hilarious.

"This better be one bad ass vessel."
*open ominous box to reveal tacky Christmas sweater*

I laughed and laughed for the rest of the show over that one. And when Sock was wrestling with the Senator guy and he's screaming at him, "Wear the Christmas sweater!"

That is my favorite part of the show; seeing what the vessel will be and trying to figure out how they will use it.

Um. Strike that.

I have a huge crush on Bret Harrison, so my actual favorite part of the show is the Shirtless Moment of the Week.

I am very curious as to what is going on with Sam's dad. I gasped when he ripped that page out of the contract and threw it in the fire. I knew he was up to something.

One word: GOTHMOG!

10-25-07, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Reaper"
The Christmas sweater was hilarious, but the show in general has taken a gloomier turn. Sam needs something good to happen to him.

Tell Andi about the deal with the devil, already.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-07, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Reaper"
Darn I was hoping that Leon could stick around...maybe he'll be a recurring character and keeps escaping for therapy...

I love how the Devil hates Halloween

11-01-07, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Reaper"
I love how the Devil hates Halloween

That made me laugh as well. It reminded me of Buffy - where all the vamps and ghouls stayed home on Halloween.

Another Arkie Masterpiece! Is that woman talented or what?

flipxcyd 1053 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-09-07, 07:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Reaper"
So, the devil has a lost love, eh?

Radar Love - 8 track - pine hollow yellow Pinto...LOL

11-14-07, 01:27 PM (EST)
23. "11/13 episode"
"It's my toy, I'll break it if I want to." - The Devil

That line totally cracked me up! As did the dream sequence with Sock and Gladys the DMV Demon.

I like this show.

11-28-07, 09:51 AM (EST)
24. "11/27 episode"
Am I the only one who watches this show?

I thought last night's episode was the best this season. The Devil with a mistress? And treating her badly? I loved Sam's interaction with Mimi, telling her what to do even though he knew there might be "consequences" later. And just how long can it take to fix a washing machine?

12-09-07, 01:35 PM (EST)
25. "RE: 11/27 episode"
I'm still watching - just got caught up with the episode you referenced and last weeks. So is Sam's new girlfriend the Devil's daughter? Appears she might be after seeing the goldfish die and the flowers wilt.

I wish they would give more airtime to Missy.

Have yourself a very Agman Christmas!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •