The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Sopranos"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-05-07, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Sopranos"
So how does it end?

There is much speculation on Tony dying. I think that's too obvious - unless his death comes at the hands of someone unexpected.

RIP Bobby. *sniff*

Will Sil live?
Is Paulie really loyal to Jersey?

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Sopranos Loree 06-05-07 1
   RE: The Sopranos samboohoo 06-05-07 2
       RE: The Sopranos strawhat 06-06-07 3
 Huh? moonbaby 06-10-07 4
   RE: Huh? AZ_Leo 06-10-07 5
       RE: Huh? memzoo48 06-10-07 6
           RE: Huh? Molaholic 06-10-07 7
               RE: Huh? JessicaRN 06-11-07 8
                   RE: Huh? HobbsofMI 06-11-07 9
                       RE: Huh? ginger 06-11-07 10
                           RE: Huh? JessicaRN 06-11-07 11
                               Me too... moonbaby 06-11-07 12
                                   RE: Me too... samboohoo 06-11-07 13
                               RE: Huh? AZ_Leo 06-11-07 15
                                   RE: Huh? ginger 06-11-07 16
                           RE: Huh? Loree 06-12-07 18
                               RE: Huh? ginger 06-12-07 19
               RE: Huh? memzoo48 06-12-07 21
 Junior samboohoo 06-11-07 14
 RE: The Sopranos nicalai 06-11-07 17
   RE: The Sopranos Molaholic 06-12-07 23
 Mixed zombiebaby 06-12-07 20
   RE: Mixed memzoo48 06-12-07 22
 RE: The Sopranos ginger 06-15-07 24
   RE: The Sopranos JessicaRN 06-16-07 25
       RE: The Sopranos memzoo48 06-16-07 26
           RE: The Sopranos ginger 06-20-07 27
               RE: The Sopranos memzoo48 06-23-07 28
 A thousand symbols, signifying... Estee 06-27-07 29
   RE: A thousand symbols, signifying.... ginger 06-27-07 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-07, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Sopranos"
I suspect that Sil will wake up and speak on the last ep. Otherwise they could have had him die in the car.

I was so happy to see Tony finally treat AJ like the little pathetic jerk he is. Uncle Bobby dying was only about how it affected AJ. Give me a break. But where exactly did AJ end up? He didn't show up at the house with Carmella and Meadow when they went to see Janice and kids. The last we saw was him out the window with that girl while Tony and Paulie were looking in the cupboards of the house. But AJ didn't go with them to the safe house.

Maybe Tony's family will end up in the witness protection program. I assume Phil will get killed in the finale. But I can't see things ending good for Tony.

Interesting that Paulie is still alive. I don't want to think that Paulie isn't loyal. He is old school and Tony was one of the few people that showed up at that funeral. I think that meant alot to Paulie.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

06-05-07, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Sopranos"
There is an MSNBC quiz that indicates that the actor playing Paulie (I forget his real name) had it in his contract that Paulie would not betray the family.

Actually, "not be a rat" is the multiple choice answer and "not betray the family" is the explanation.

Interesting. I agree about Sil.

strawhat 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-06-07, 00:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strawhat Click to send private message to strawhat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Sopranos"
>There is an MSNBC quiz that
>indicates that the actor playing
>Paulie (I forget his real
>name) had it in his
>contract that Paulie would not
>betray the family.
>
>Actually, "not be a rat" is
>the multiple choice answer and
>"not betray the family" is
>the explanation.
>
>Interesting. I agree about Sil.
>
>
>
>
>
>>"blue"] Clear eyes, full hearts,
>can't lose.
>
>

i agree

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

06-10-07, 09:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Huh?"
Really, did my tv poop out at the last minute?

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-10-07, 10:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Huh?"
For those waiting for the west coast feed and who haven't seen the end, the answer is no, the cable didn't go out at the end.

That was it.

A tribephyl original

memzoo48 347 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-10-07, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memzoo48 Click to send private message to memzoo48 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Huh?"
I actually swore at my tv, thinking it had screwed up. WTF?! After last week's awesome episode, I've been so excited all week anticipating what might happen tonight. I'm not sure I'll ever watch another Chase series.

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

06-10-07, 11:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Huh?"
LAST EDITED ON 06-11-07 AT 08:29 PM (EST)

I agree, after the Great War last week, this week's non-ending had me calling the TV a -- well, something Tony uses quite often.

But I did like the way Phil ... well, honoring the west coaster who don't watch the east coast feed ... I'll just say "the way Phil..."

eta -- now that's it's safe -- Phil : Closed casket.

Another Slice gem hurling at you. 2007 Summer Siggie celebration.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-11-07, 00:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Huh?"
LAST EDITED ON 06-11-07 AT 00:02 AM (EST)

I thought the last scene was really interesting the way the focus kept shifting and I kept thinking that everything could be significant, but than I thought the DVR malfunctioned. Was this worse than Seinfeld's finale or maybe tomorrow it might become a genius ending?

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

06-11-07, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Huh?"
I'm so glad I canceled my HBO after what I thought was a boning season and it sounds like a bigger bust of an ending.

People are saying Tony got shot and killed thus the blank screen....now Six Feet Under...that is the way to end.....

Save the Cheerleader Save the World
sig by Pepe and bouncy by IceCat

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

06-11-07, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Huh?"
I thought the ending was brill. Truly. I thought the final six episodes, in fact, were pretty spectacular.

I'm even reconciled to the fact that a Journey song was the final number.

06-11-07, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Huh?"
Well, it's the day after and the more I live with the ending, the more I'm beginning to like it also. I have found myself thinking of possible scenarios of what happened next, and perhaps that is what the writers wanted to achieve. And, I happen to like Journey songs, so I guess Tony and I are the same generation.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

06-11-07, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Me too..."
but boy was I frantic last night when I thought the fairly new tv was broken

06-11-07, 02:10 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Me too..."
Me three.

It's funny because I thought it was just the Tivo for a moment.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-11-07, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Huh?"
Sorry to disagree. After thinking about it overnight my thoughts are that the entire episode was reminiscent of something that a pretentious film/TV school student would do to prove s/he was creating art rather than entertainment. The cat, the weird editing, the false tension (I used that in one of my own student productions more years ago than I care to name), not to mention the ending, felt too forced and obvious.

A tribephyl original

06-11-07, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Huh?"
LAST EDITED ON 06-11-07 AT 02:47 PM (EST)

ETA Link to our SFGate t.v. guy, who discusses the ending a lot more lucidly than I - TOTAL SPOILAGE SO DON'T CLICK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/indexn?blogid=24

I think Milch was making statements about the show, about how much the fans read into everything, about our expectations, about our predicted endings. He was playing with us. It worked for me.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-07, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Huh?"
My only complaint with the finale was that it dealt too much with AJ. I can't stand him and less is better. But I liked the way they built the tension at the end. Every person in the diner looked suspicious. We were all on the end of our seats waiting for them to get whacked. Then Chase just pulled the plug on the series.

And the Paulie and the cat scenes were hilarious.

I had heard they shot 3 different final episodes & one of them ended with dead air. So I knew the TV had not gone dead when it happened. I just realized that one spoiler was correct. This one also leaves it open if they do ever decide to do a movie.

06-12-07, 10:55 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Huh?"
My understanding is there will be no movie.

"Brilliant wasn't a good enough word for screenwriting professor Richard Walter, of the UCLA Film School, to describe Sunday night's finale. 'That's too tame,' he said. 'This was genius!'"

06-12-07, 07:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memzoo48 Click to send private message to memzoo48 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Huh?"
>eta -- now that's it's safe
>-- Phil : Closed casket.
>

BWAHHHHH! Well, at least he was able to save the children by stopping the SUV!

06-11-07, 02:12 PM (EST)
14. "Junior"
I am still debating whether he really doesn't remember or if it's all an act.

nicalai 133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-11-07, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nicalai Click to send private message to nicalai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The Sopranos"
does anyone remember the name of the restaurant they said they had reservations for? because i was surprised that they ate at the diner. i dont believe i have ever seen them eat anywhere that wasnt upscale.

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-07, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: The Sopranos"
I saw a review that visited the actual place -- it's an ice cream parlor, so they weren't actually slumming.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-07, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Mixed"
I kind of liked it...the tension...that's what Tony's life is like all the time I would assume. You never know and his family is all oblivious around him. I never thought of "Don't Stop Believin'" as a tense song! Reminded me of the "Sister Christian" scene from Boogie Nights.

However overall the episode was meh while strangley I am ok with the final scene. I felt no resolution and I guess that is ok but (I do agree with I think Leo said it above) that it smacked of pretentious film school student attitude.

I think Tony and Carm steered AJ into Christopher's old career thinking it would be safer than being a soldier in the army. But why spend so much time on that with all the buildup about AJ? Who takes over NY? What was all the buildup for the asbestos dumping?

Last 8 episodes were a treat though with maybe this last one the weakest of the bunch for me.

One more of J
Slice's Awesome Creations!

06-12-07, 08:00 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Mixed"
I agree, Zombie. Great tension in the final scene. I'm disappointed with no resolution, though. I watched the Sopranos to be entertained, not as an art form

And why was so much of the final episode focused on AJ? I would have much preferred to see more of Paulie and Tony. I would have loved to find out if Paulie was betraying Tony.

There won't be a movie, at least not one with Tony Soprano. James Gandolfini has already said he's finished with the character, and I can't say I blame him.

06-15-07, 03:54 PM (EST)
24. "RE: The Sopranos"
I feel compelled to post this, in memory of Sil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5l2dXIqziw&mode=related&search=

06-16-07, 00:56 AM (EST)
25. "RE: The Sopranos"
I just read that there were clues to imply that Tony was killed. The biggest one seems to be a flashback of Tony talking to Bobby about what it would be like to die and one of them said it would just be nothing.

06-16-07, 07:48 PM (EST)
26. "RE: The Sopranos"
>I just read that there were
>clues to imply that Tony
>was killed. The biggest
>one seems to be a
>flashback of Tony talking to
>Bobby about what it would
>be like to die and
>one of them said it
>would just be nothing.

Yeah, it was when they in the fishing boat the first ep of this season. Bobby said something like "everything just goes black." Which is what millions of tv's did!

06-20-07, 05:40 PM (EST)
27. "RE: The Sopranos"
LAST EDITED ON 06-20-07 AT 05:41 PM (EST)

Certainly, there were those clues.

But there are as many that they went into the witness protection program (Carmela eyeing the floor plans of beach properties, the cat watching Chwistopher's picture -- he and A. almost went into the WPP), or that Tony winds up going to jail like Al Capone, for comparitevly minor offenses (the entire conversation with the lawyer to that effect, the way the final six episodes started out with the lost gun in the snow).

I think everyone wanted whackage for the finale so the Bobby clue is the one everyone clings to (that and the vague comments Milch made about it "being out there to see if you watch").

06-23-07, 09:21 PM (EST)
28. "RE: The Sopranos"
True, true. I'll tell you what gets to me. Why make the next-to-last episode so freaking mindblowing, only to peter out in the finale? The week before's ep left us all thinking something really, really BIG was going to happen in the finale. Other than Phil's whacking, the finale just didn't live up to its hype. IMO.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-07, 06:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "A thousand symbols, signifying..."
http://www.bobharris.com/content/view/1406/1/

06-27-07, 03:58 PM (EST)
30. "RE: A thousand symbols, signifying..."
Wow. That was interesting. I'd forgotten about the orange leitmotif in the Godfathers.

If nothing else, the prolonged discussion/fascination means the ending did not suck. We are still thinking about it.

Thank you, Estee Dahlin!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •