The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"National Bingo Night"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-21-07, 07:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"National Bingo Night"
Finally: a game that takes less intelligence than DOND to play -- mostly because there has to be a serious lack of insight (or major delusion) for the player to think they might win.

Anyone up for a light touch of math? Any of the so-called games for the player have the same rig factor: in the long run, a maximum of half their pulled balls will count for their total. The 200 people playing regular Bingo and trying to beat them get to count any ball that would apply to their cards. So the player is working with, at best, half a load of ammunition, while the competition needs just a touch of luck to fire off five in a row. Two hundred against one means that someone in the two hundred is going to win a lot more often than the one. And if the audience member wins, with their prize being a tenth of the player's potential jackpot -- just how little did ABC want to spend on this series, anyway?

A twenty-five foot bingo ball chamber. Home-printable cards that were pre-rigged to deliver a given number of Rascal Flatts CDs whether you wanted them or not. A host who's drugged up enough to think this is exciting. Anyone who's one number away standing up and looking at the player like a jury about to render a guilty verdict. And a judge in the stands watching people to see if anyone can count to five.

Maybe I should rephrase that first sentence. 'Finally: a game that takes less intelligence than Big Brother to play.'

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: National Bingo Night Colonel Zoidberg 05-28-07 1
   How cheap can they get? Estee 06-04-07 2
 RE: National Bingo Night Fishercat 06-04-07 3
 RE: National Bingo Night Cygnus X1 06-08-07 4
 RE: National Bingo Night foonermints 06-09-07 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-28-07, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: National Bingo Night"
Lemme put it this way. My wife loves bingo. She plays Yahoo! bingo and once got a little Tiger bingo game that she sat glued to for hours on end. She envisions herself as one of those old ladies who hangs out in bingo parlors playing into the night (and she's 22 right now.) She'd never pass up an opportunity to play.

And she thought the show was stupid. And I mean just flat-out dumb. She wouldn't even bump it up to "aggravating," the ways she does with shows like TAR (which we've agreed stands for "The Aggravating Race.")

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

06-04-07, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "How cheap can they get?"
They're still adjusting the odds, and now the audience is really getting the long end of the stick. Apparently on the last episode, a fifty-fifty game that previously needed seven correct contestant guesses to win was up to ten -- and there was a second game where the only way a contestant's pulled ball would count was if there was a five on it. That one made the whole thing backfire: she pulled fives out so quickly that no one in the audience or America made Bingo. (They had to draw an extra ball just to give the home group some winners.) But even so -- it's getting harder and harder for the contestants to win this no-strategy, all-luck, no-hope game...

Hey, ABC? It's not like they're playing for a million dollars.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-04-07, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: National Bingo Night"
I'm actually missing Bob Saget and the 1 v. 100 crew right now. I know it's a different network. I don't care.

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

06-08-07, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: National Bingo Night"
Oh, my heck. Ladycub and I watched about 10 minutes of this dreck, and it was obviously 10 minutes more than necessary.

We saw this game that was reminiscent of "Card Sharks" where this actress woman was trying to determine whether the next ball called would be higher or lower than the one before; if the sum of the ones she guessed correctly added up to 500, she would win $50K. Her reactions were of the over-the-top variety not seen since the days of "The New Treasure Hunt" with Geoff Edwards.

And somehow, she won. Guess it's an easier way to $50K than eating (insert disgusting animal part here) for Joe Rogan.

Ehhhh, I'd rather watch "Card Sharks."

I used to call Bingo at my old parish. Do NOT sit in one of The Regulars' Seats!

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

06-09-07, 01:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: National Bingo Night"
I rather enjoy bingo. Then again, who can replace the BOB?

There's a bone to pick, however:

»'Finally: a game that takes less intelligence than Big Brother to play.«
I really hope you're not being disrespectful of the chenbot.

When I was less elderly, we'd look for arrowheads and anyone who found one would shout: BINGO!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •