The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Finally, two reasons to have SHO"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

bacon 2824 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-02-07, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bacon Click to send private message to bacon Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Finally, two reasons to have SHO"
The SHOwtime network, that is. Just when I was about to end my subscription, because of horrible shows like "The L Word", they come out with two gems.

The first is a gem in progress called "The Tudors" about Henry VIII's life. Granted, it's much more sexed up than his actual life probably was, but this soap opera mixed with history has plenty of potential. Especially when Henry doesn't much like his wife and can not get her to produce a son for him. There's also a Duke who is claiming to be the real heir to the throne, who is seemingly going to create an uprising for the seat.

Even better, at least so far, is "This American Life". Based on a popular radio show, the program brings oddball stories of everyday people living across America. One feature was about a politician who ran on the platform of always telling the truth. Sounds great until you find out he's cheated on his wife, had multiple wives at the same time, contracted various sexual diseases, and had multiple gay encounters while married. All of a sudden hiding the truth doesn't sound like such a bad idea.

I'm keeping my subscription for now. And at this point "The L Word" is getting so loopy that I might as well go down with the ship and continue watching that, too.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Finally, two reasons to have SH... Tahj 04-02-07 1
 RE: Finally, two reasons to have SH... AZ_Leo 04-09-07 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-02-07, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Finally, two reasons to have SHO"
So you missed Dexter? That's one reason why I kept Showtime.

Tribe rocked my sig!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-09-07, 05:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Finally, two reasons to have SHO"
I picked up Showtime when I dropped the sports/VS package (which I only had for Survivor reruns) hoping that the Tudors would ease my Rome withdrawal. After all, I loved the old BBC productions (6 Wives and Elizabeth). Unfortunately I have to disagree with you as far as the Tudors being worth the cost. The lead is so badly miscast (the actor who played Buckingham would have made a better Henry). I have trouble watching when he is on screen, especially when he starts slipping into an Irish accent. When he could barely hold a lance in the first episode, he fully lost me. Most of the other actors and their scenes are better, although hardly great. I don't mind when they mess with the history (and have they ever made a mess of the facts here) if they can still tell a good story. For me, this doesn't.

I haven't seen "This American Life" yet. If that or the other mentioned are at least somewhat better maybe I'll keep the subscription.

A tribephyl original

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •