The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Raines"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-16-07, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Raines"
Did anybody else watch this quirky little show?

Dang, now I have to set aside another hour for a good show. I liked it a lot, but then again, I've always liked Jeff Goldblum a lot.

I'll watch it again to see if it continues to be good.

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose. Must See TV

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Raines MKitty 03-16-07 1
   RE: Raines sharnina 03-16-07 2
 RE: Raines MollyTV 03-16-07 3
   RE: Raines maddymal 03-18-07 4
 RE: Raines dabo 03-18-07 5
   RE: Raines Loree 03-21-07 6
 RE: Raines sharnina 03-23-07 7
 03-22-07 Episode sharnina 03-23-07 8
   RE: 03-22-07 Episode MollyTV 03-31-07 9
   RE: 03-22-07 Episode adricharlie 04-05-07 10
       RE: 03-22-07 Episode sharnina 04-05-07 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-16-07, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Raines"
I watched it last night and really enjoyed it. Querky, interesting and enjoyable to watch. I will definately watch it again.

I too have always liked Jeff Goldblum, and enjoyed his character in this new show. It was refreshing to see a new detective show not be so much about blood and guts and killing and angst...we have SOOOO many of those type already! Maybe he could be the next Columbo (with a twist!)

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

03-16-07, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Raines"
I was also worried it was just going be another form of Medium (love it) or Ghost Whisperer (hate it).

But it really wasn't at all. I loved when he figured out that she was hooker and her whole appearance changed to the cheerleader outfit, boufant hair, garrish makeup, and a cigarette. Then she asks him why she suddenly looks like that -"Is it because that's what you imagine a hooker must look like?" And then she immediately changes back into a wholesome person.

I loved the ending when he was talking to his partner. I didn't see that coming.

MollyTV 480 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-16-07, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MollyTV Click to send private message to MollyTV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Raines"
ooooo i can't wait to watch it...i have it recorded on my DVR.

i love me some jeff goldblum....i always wanted to marry him but i am taken.

molly

maddymal 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-18-07, 10:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maddymal Click to send private message to maddymal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Raines"
i love jeff too, but I can't look at him without thinking of the fly!!!

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-18-07, 11:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Raines"
Neat first episode, love the quirkiness of the title character. Saw the surprise ending coming pretty early on.

SMILES ARE FREE

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-21-07, 09:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Raines"
I told the hubby what I thought about Jeff's partner too. And hubby didn't see it coming at all.

I really enjoyed this show. Hopefully it will continue to be good.

03-23-07, 01:11 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Raines"
Best dialogue exchange from last week's episode (at the end)-

Caretaker: Hey, who are you talking to?
Raines: The dead. They hunger for human brains. The feasting will begin at sundown. (Raines walks away)
Charlie: Jerk.
Raines: I know.

03-23-07, 01:14 PM (EST)
8. "03-22-07 Episode"
Loved, loved, loved it!

Madeline Stowe was great. I can't wait to see how much she pulls from Raines. She won't be taking any crap from him.

Best and funniest dialogue of the episode-

Victim: (sings) Ay yai yai yai - I am the Frito Bandito...
Raines: So pretty - that, that uh, vibrato..
Victim: Is that the only Mexican song you know?
Raines: Macarena, I know the Macarena.
Victim: Oh, I need to see you doing that. (Victim begins humming and doing the Macarena)
Raines: This is my life. Watching a hallucination doing the Macarena. Doesn't get any better than that.

Loved A Martinez and cried at the end when his character realizes what he's done.

MollyTV 480 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-31-07, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MollyTV Click to send private message to MollyTV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: 03-22-07 Episode"
i have now watched two episodes...some how i missed the first one...but i LOVE this show....so interesting...different.

please lets hope they dont cancel this one!
oh jeff i am pining for you....lol...don't tell hubby!
mollytv

adricharlie 1242 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-05-07, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail adricharlie Click to send private message to adricharlie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: 03-22-07 Episode"
I saw the first two episodes and really liked this show. When is on now or did they cancel it already? I haven't been able to find it again.

Courtesy of Tribe....

04-05-07, 03:20 PM (EST)
11. "RE: 03-22-07 Episode"
It's on Fridays. All three episodes are online now.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •