The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Identity"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-15-06, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Identity"
I know this much from the commercials.

1. NBC is putting on another game show. That means they're cheap.

2. They're going to run it every day for five days, starting next Monday. That means they think it's Deal Or No Deal II.

3. The contestants have to match fourteen people to their professions, apparently based on looks alone, to get half a million dollars. That means no one will ever win the top prize.

4. Penn Jilette is hosting. That means someone will be called an idiot.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Identity volsfan 12-16-06 1
   RE: Identity Estee 12-17-06 2
 RE: Identity susang 12-18-06 3
 RE: Identity Snidget 12-18-06 4
 Critical declaim. Estee 12-18-06 5
 RE: Identity HistoryDetective 12-18-06 6
 RE: Identity Bebo 12-18-06 7
   RE: Identity Ahtumbreez 12-19-06 8
   RE: Identity Estee 12-19-06 10
 RE: Identity Colonel Zoidberg 12-19-06 9
   RE: Identity volsfan 12-19-06 11
 RE: Identity HistoryDetective 12-19-06 12
   RE: Identity Estee 12-19-06 13
       RE: Identity SilverStar 12-20-06 14
           RE: Identity Estee 12-20-06 15
           RE: Identity MKitty 12-20-06 16
       To-may-to, to-mah-to HistoryDetective 12-20-06 17
       RE: Identity Fishercat 12-20-06 18
           RE: Identity dabo 12-24-06 22
 RE: Identity Estee 12-22-06 19
 RE: Identity Snidget 12-22-06 20
   RE: Identity Estee 12-23-06 21
 It's baaaaaaaaacccckkkkk! vince3 03-09-07 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-06, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Identity"
That means someone will be called an idiot.

Will this also include the two of us that will watch?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

12-17-06, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Identity"
Who says I'm going to watch?

Penn is probably the best thing the show has going for it -- he's more of an antagonist than a host, and if he decides to actively bait the contestants, we'll have a very rare thing: the on-site basher. But NBC will probably want a calmer, gentler Penn. So: tranquilizers or cancelation after five airings. Pick one.

Or maybe it'll one-up the celebrity cooking whatsit and vanish in mid-episode.

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-18-06, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Identity"
NBC is putting on more game shows to save money. Guess they don't want to take chances on new sitcoms. But there are already too many game shows, IMO.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-06, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Identity"
What it's sweeps already?

Checks calendar.

Nope it's rerun week. It'll probably do OK in the ratings as they don't expect anyone to watch anything at all.

Hall's Decked by Tribe!

Please keep the muzzle off Penn. Give a girl something as an early Christmas present NBC.

12-18-06, 05:14 PM (EST)
5. "Critical declaim."
Not exactly a good average score. (Oh, and my mistake: it's twelve people.)

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/shows/identity

Just for comparison: the Deal Or No Deal rating was 48.

Apparently Stan Lee is in the Mob crowd to be identified tonight. Okay... I guess that means no second season for Superhero...

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-06, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Identity"
Why did they think it would be a good idea to let Salacious Crumb be a contestant?

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-06, 10:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Identity"
ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

OK, I turned to it between shots of MNF and watching The Santa Clause 2 again. I far preferred the football and the rerun movie. The highlight was listening to Mr. B mocking Penn Jillette's hand gestures during his intro.

Given the choice between watching the show tomorrow night and watching paint dry, well, I'll think I'll go with a cheery mauve. And if that doesn't work, well, I'll go watch my dryer. It'll be more interesting, I'm sure.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-06, 01:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Identity"
That was horrible. Horrible host, horrible concept, horrible contestants. Poor Jan Brady, reduced to this....sigh.

gift wrapping by THE tribe

12-19-06, 03:24 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Identity"
Longer commentary -- maybe -- if I bother watching even a few seconds of it tonight. Right now, I've just got one question.

Did you get the feeling the show would have been improved about a thousand percent if, instead of saying 'Is that your identity?', Penn had been allowed to say 'Number Three -- who the @#$% are you?'

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-19-06, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Identity"
See, this was just a guessing game anyway...it's like Deal or No Deal with a lower prize and no negotiating skills.

See, Who Wants to Be a Millionaire was the golden age of game shows. It will take lightning in a bottle to match that.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-06, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Identity"
See, this was just a guessing game anyway...it's like Deal or No Deal with a lower prize and no negotiating skills.

I don't mind that there are/were no negotiating skills but I think it would be much improved if the person trying to guess the identities got to ask questions. To stand there and randomly pick people is just plane stupid, boring and total luck!

12-19-06, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Identity"
I'm surprised Robert Talon from Tuesday's episode has children.

12-19-06, 08:59 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Identity"
I'm not. Obviously his spouse likes energetic men. And if his sperm cells share that energy, he's guaranteed to father children.

Kind of annoyed right now. Not that he won: that when you reach the last call, the free wrong answer is taken off the board. I thought that was the point of running the table to the last two. You won the freedom to make one pure guess, sort of like having the 50/50 and Double-Dip on the final question for Millionaire. So much for that idea.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

12-20-06, 01:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Identity"
I agree. It was stupid of them to take away the "Mistaken Identity" thing when he only had 2 people left. Shouldn't he get the reward for guessing all of the others correctly??

I think I might like this show if the pace wasn't so god awful, excruciatingly slow. There is no need to take

such

long

pauses

on the

first

few

answers. (On the premiere, did we really need 30 seconds to decide if the fat Asian guy in a thong was a sumo wrestler???)

And to take commercial

(break for commercial)

breaks every 2 answers.

Is

*dramatic pause*

THAT

*longer dramatic pause*

your

*longest dramatic pause known to man*

*dramatic hand motion*

IDENTITY??

It's infuriating. I don't think I'll be able to watch another episode, which is a bummer because I like trying to pick out the different identities.

The little annoying guy should not have had an entire episode to himself. I wanted to punt him like a football. Editing is your friend.

12-20-06, 08:02 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Identity"
I'll address your problems with the show -- on tomorrow's episode!

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-20-06, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Identity"
LAST EDITED ON 12-20-06 AT 12:38 PM (EST)

I agree. What do they do in the training? Make all the "strangers" count to 20 before they are allowed to answer? I hate all the fake suspence-inducing carp...just tell us already!

I find it somewhat interesting though, as there are some logical choices while others seem off in left field. Yes, if you are looking for a pro beach volleyball player, then you wouldn't pick the little old lady, but the tall buff blonde athletic woman...but others...yikes!

Yes, if they pick up the pacing, it could be mildling interesting. Do you think Teller is pissed off?

A Tribe original!

12-20-06, 01:00 PM (EST)
17. "To-may-to, to-mah-to"
You say "energetic," I say "so flamboyantly gay that it makes even me uncomfortable."

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-20-06, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Identity"
Absolutely, that was completely bush league. If he can get 10 identities right out of a pool of 12 (some of which were hard), then he deserves the right to keep all his "helps", including the lock for the 500k.

At the least, make it interesting. If you have to take it away, offer a bonus for running the table without flaw, make the final prize from 600k-1m.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

12-24-06, 00:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Identity"
Actually, if you can save your "Mistaken Identity" until you're down to three, that's a good time to try to guess; particularly if you are reasonably certain you know who one of the identities belongs to, just skip that stranger and identity and risk it on one of the other two strangers with one of the other two identities. So a bonus for running the table would be a good twist.

It was kinda neat seeing which celebs would slunk onto a stranger pedestal. I guess the Beaver is still a DAW.

Seasons Greetings!

12-22-06, 08:20 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Identity"
Anyone get the feeling Penn might have had some faint idea who Stan was from the moment immediately after the lights came on?

Starting to get really annoyed with the lightshow during the 'look! strangers!' bit. They want to have smoke. It's obvious they want smoke. Is smoke too expensive?

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

12-22-06, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Identity"
Friday show two questions.

I haven't watched much this week, but are all the contestants like 1/2 Penn's size?

And Bruce Jenner? Ventriloquist? How far the mighty have fallen.

Hall's Decked by Tribe!

12-23-06, 11:43 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Identity"
Well, y'see, it's not that Bruce doesn't move his lips when he talks, it's that he can't move his lips when he talks... The contestant might have been the only person in the room who didn't know who Bruce was, though: the audience very clearly had a clue. I was sorry they brought out the guy's family when they did: I was fully expecting him to go out by getting Bruce's ID wrong for the second time.

I just looked up Penn's height: he's 6'6". So most contestants are going to be visibly shorter than the host, but -- yeah, it feels like we're getting some really short people.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-07, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "It's baaaaaaaaacccckkkkk!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-07 AT 08:06 PM (EST)

They had a taping last night.

How do I know this? One of the strangers on last night's taping was the WWE's (and former Real Worlder) The Miz! There's an article about it on WWE.com........

ETA: the link be warned, there's a picture of him in the article

ETA2: During tonight's 1 vs. 100 they had a commercial saying that it will return next Friday, March 16, at 9:00 EDT

A gift from Cygnus!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •