The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Nine"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-05-06, 01:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Nine"
Did anyone else get sucked into watching this, just because it was on right after Lost? Did anyone make it through the entire episode? I did, only because I was watching it with someone else and felt it would be rude to leave part way through.

I wasn't really sure what the show's premise was after seeing the commercials, and I'm still not sure after watching the first episode. It's on my death watch list.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Nine mrc 10-05-06 1
 RE: The Nine zombiebaby 10-05-06 2
 RE: The Nine Ahtumbreez 10-05-06 3
   RE: The Nine udg 10-05-06 5
       RE: The Nine Ahtumbreez 10-06-06 8
       RE: The Nine HobbsofMI 10-06-06 9
   RE: The Nine djandy 10-05-06 6
 RE: The Nine Captain_Savem 10-05-06 4
 RE: The Nine AugustGirl 10-05-06 7
   RE: The Nine geg6 10-12-06 16
 RE: The Nine Loree 10-06-06 10
 RE: The Nine SilverStar 10-07-06 11
 RE: The Nine flipxcyd 10-07-06 12
 RE: The Nine sharnina 10-07-06 13
 RE: The Nine CouchTater 10-08-06 14
 RE: The Nine Rhyn 10-09-06 15
 RE: The Nine shakes the clown 10-13-06 17
   RE: The Nine Glow 10-14-06 19
 RE: The Nine CattyChat 10-14-06 18
 RE: The Nine willinCal 10-17-06 20
 RE: The Nine trigirl 10-17-06 21
 RE: The Nine Loree 10-22-06 22
 I'm done shakes the clown 10-28-06 23
   RE: I'm done Ahtumbreez 10-30-06 24
   I'm still here trigirl 10-31-06 25
 I'm Hanging In CattyChat 11-01-06 26
   RE: I'm Hanging In shakes the clown 11-02-06 27
 The Intrigue Begins? trigirl 11-09-06 28
 RE: The Nine mrc 08-20-09 29
   RE: The Nine trigirl 08-20-09 30
       RE: The Nine mrc 08-21-09 31

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-05-06, 08:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Nine"
I liked it, but I'm not sure how it will last past one season. They are suposed to tell us what happened in the bank by the end of season 1. What's left after that?

Sigs by Bob about chalk dust. Pretty exciting stuff

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-06, 08:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Nine"
Yeah I liked it. I was very intrigued.

I don't know how I am going to keep up with all these hour long serials now! Wednesdays are definately full for me.

Siggy conceived by Arkie, gestating done by Zombs
IT'S A GIRL!!!!!

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-06, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Nine"
Once again falls in line with mrc and zombie.

I read something "weird" was suppose to have happened in the bank. Now what that means who knows.

I'll stick around for a while. And I love the cast.

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-06, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Nine"
I think it's obvious that the jailed robber was sympathizing with the hostages by the end. The doctor did something to tick off his girlfriend. The people on the outside screwed up. I have no interest in the details.

Strangely, I think the show would make a great novel. Not so much as a television show.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

10-06-06, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Nine"
See, I wouldn't consider any of that "weird", I consider that done to death.

Hoping it's something actually interesting.

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-06, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Nine"
Doc kissed or made out with the sister left in the bank and then had sex after the funereal, the banker’s daughter has Stockholm syndrome for the jailed robber and I bet they had a moment because dad said he was not with her the whole time. The cop and DA connected and I think the DA might have been raped/molested by the shot robber, and the crazy guy will lose it by the end of the season even though he's a hero now...

It seems predictable…..but I’m kind of interested….

sig by Syren and bouncy by IceCat

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-05-06, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Nine"
So, is Audrey not returning to 24 this season? The actress who plays the ADA in The 9?

djandy

Captain_Savem 3731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-05-06, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain_Savem Click to send private message to Captain_Savem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Nine"
I had planned on watching it, but I was watching that Jack Abramoff/K Street Project expose by Bill Moyers on PBS. I couldn't turn away from it!!

Handcrafted by RollDdice, yo.
MySpace

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-06, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Nine"
I liked it and will definitely be staying tuned. Of course I enjoy looking at Tim Daly so that gives me extra incentive.

a J Slice original. bounce by Icey.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-06, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The Nine"
I'm with you, Augie.

Tim Daly. Yum.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-06, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Nine"
I am curious about what happened. So I have to watch to find out. But with my luck it will turn out to be something lame and I will regret this decision.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-06, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Nine"
I really liked it, and will continue watching. I think it's an interesting premise for a show. Strangers thrown together and bonding over a horrific experience, but we don't really know what it is. I hope this one doesn't get cancelled. I have to know what happened!

Oh, and it doesn't hurt that Scott Wolf and Tim Daly are in it. Yum!

A Tribe work of art

flipxcyd 1053 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-07-06, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Nine"
It's not a good sign on a Friday night when you find that you've still got 5 shows to watch...specifically 1 hour shows. I was hesitatant to invest more time in another 1 hour show, and I think I'm hooked..for now. What's up with the bank manager's daughter visiting one of the robbers in jail? You think they did the deed during those 52 hours? I agree...the hero will lose it eventually.

An arkiegrl siggie

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-06, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The Nine"
Here's what Hobbs was referring to when he said the bank manager's daughter suffers Stockholm Syndrome

"The Stockholm syndrome is a psychological response sometimes seen in an abducted hostage, in which the hostage exhibits loyalty to the hostage-taker, in spite of the danger (or at least risk) in which the hostage has been placed. Stockholm syndrome is also sometimes discussed in reference to other situations with similar tensions, such as battered person syndrome, child abuse cases, and bride kidnapping."

A link to more details if you're interested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-08-06, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Nine"
I really liked the pilot of the show. It was fast paced and well done. I hope they can keep this going though.

What is up with Chi McBride looking so dorkish though? When I heard he would be in this show I was expecting hot bald headed strong Chi. But he's so different here, I almost didn't even recognize him. It's interesting though.

A Tribephyl gift

Rhyn 524 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-09-06, 07:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rhyn Click to send private message to Rhyn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The Nine"
I watched. I really like the premise, but something better than average better have happened, or I think I will be super annoyed.

The show wasn't as good as I thought it could be, but I'll hang around another few weeks. The first week, setting up all the exposition and junk, might be why I wasn't impressed overall, but once the story is actually rolling, I might like it better.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-06, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The Nine"
I'm giving this show one more week. Its pretty bad so far. All I care about is what happened in the bank, everything else is boring, uninteresting, poorly written and just plain stupid.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-06, 09:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The Nine"
I'm dittoing shakes.

Yes, he can be right sometimes.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-06, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: The Nine"
I've been way behind on what I call my "second-tier" viewing and just last night finally got around to watching the first 2 eps of The Nine.

Well, I really like it. The casting is pretty good and the premise is intriguing so far. I can't wait to see how everything unfolds about what happened in the 52 hours -- especially what Scott Wolf's character did to upset his ex-girlfriend so much. I'm torn between doc either doing something extremely un-heroic or that he "had a moment" with the young bank teller.

Weird seeing Chi with hair, but he's still great. Glad to see Tim Daly in something decent. I don't know how this would last more than one season, either, and I hope they don't plan on dragging it out past the end of this season. I don't know that they could keep viewers interested in all the "aftermath" plotlines without revealing the entire bank incident past one season.

I was surprised doc killed the gunman, but I guess he did everyone a favor, including the brother in jail. I'm sure doc is going to get caught on it, though.

So far all the characters are interesting to me, except social worker girl & formerly-depressed insurance guy (his act is already a little annoying, though I pity him having to go home to that "supportive" wife of his).

Kind Creation of ARNutz

willinCal 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-17-06, 08:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail willinCal Click to send private message to willinCal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: The Nine"
Ok, I've dropped this my Tivo's Season Pass. I just don't have the time especially one-hour serials!

Sig by arkiegrl

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-17-06, 08:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: The Nine"
I'm like Cathy.....DVR'd it as optional viewing and now really like it. Just watched the first two eps and think I'm hooked. I think I am a serial tv junkie. Like something that holds my attention for longer than an hour.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-06, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: The Nine"
I've dropped this show. I have too many other things to watch or do. I will just wait till someone else tells me what happened during the robbery. Unless the show is cancelled before that is ever shown.

10-28-06, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "I'm done"
20 minutes. That's how long I made it into this week's episode before finally just deleting it from my TIVO and giving up on this series.

If this show didn't have such an interesting premise it would've been dead by the second episode. As it is, I'm sorry I wasted as much time as I did on this steaming pile of crap.

I gave up on this ep and the series in general when I realized they were actually going to have a plot line whereby the hostages rallied to get the bad guy a new liver.

This show is beyond stupid, beyond unrealistic. The characters are unlikeable at best, completely unremarkable at worst. The storylines are contrived and just plane annoying and stupid. And the scenes in the bank where everyone just darts their eyes from one person to the next got old really quick.

I was somewhat interested in what happened in the bank, but not enough to sit through 50 minutes of feces to see a 10 minute glimpse of the bank robbery.

10-30-06, 02:50 PM (EST)
24. "RE: I'm done"
They blew a really good premise for a show. I think their biggest mistake was 20 seconds of bank and 40 minutes of crap. I lasted a little longer than Shakes last week, but I'm done.

10-31-06, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "I'm still here"
...but barely. I agree. More bank, less other crap.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-06, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "I'm Hanging In"
I still like the show, overall. Yes, I wish there was more about the bank, but then the show would be over with too soon.

I have much more patience for this show, especially since a couple others I tried I have dumped (Jericho), about to dump (Fri Night Lights) or are about to be cancelled (Studio 60 ). Thereby leaving only Heros as an addition to my DVR recording repertoire (although Daybreak, esp. Taye Diggs looks enticing).

Kind Creation of ARNutz

11-02-06, 11:54 AM (EST)
27. "RE: I'm Hanging In"
>I have much more patience for
>this show, especially since a
>couple others I tried I
>have dumped (Jericho), about to
>dump (Fri Night Lights) or
>are about to be cancelled
>(Studio 60

...if you are giving up on Friday Night Lights and still watching thsi crapfest than the problem is quite simple...you just have lousy taste.

But at least you gave up on Jericho so maybe you're not a total lost cause.

11-09-06, 05:53 PM (EST)
28. "The Intrigue Begins?"
Thought last nights ep was pretty good. Saw a lot more bank (have they been listening to us, or was that the plan all along) and the ep ended with a little intrigue. There's hope.

08-20-09, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: The Nine"
In case anyone is interested, DirectTV has been showing the last episodes, which were never aired on ABC. The finale was last night.

A Slice of Manga

08-20-09, 07:36 PM (EST)
30. "RE: The Nine"
Did you learn anything?

08-21-09, 02:16 PM (EST)
31. "RE: The Nine"
I don't have Direct TV, so I didn't get to see the episodes. I was hoping someone else was able to.

A Slice of Manga

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •