The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Fall TV Schedule Deathwatch Pool Picks"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-04-06, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Fall TV Schedule Deathwatch Pool Picks"
OK, no one else started it, so I'll do it. Name your Top 5 soon-to-be canceled new fall TV shows.

We'll do it vote thread style and put the names of the shows in the subject line of your reply.

I've already had my list in my head for a few weeks now so I'll go first...

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Happy Hour/Kidnapped/Runaway/Men In... SurvivorBlows 10-04-06 1
   RE: Happy Hour/Kidnapped/Runaway/Me... KScott 10-05-06 3
       RE: Happy Hour/Kidnapped/Runaway/Me... KScott 10-05-06 5
   RE: Happy Hour/Kidnapped/Runaway/Me... SilverStar 10-05-06 4
   Smith bites the dust KScott 10-06-06 8
   RIP Runaway KScott 10-18-06 9
 Happy Hour/Vanished/The Class/Kidna... KScott 10-04-06 2
 RE: Fall TV Schedule Deathwatch Poo... Captain_Savem 10-05-06 6
 Friday Night Lights/The Class/Helpi... buckeyegirl 10-06-06 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-06, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Happy Hour/Kidnapped/Runaway/Men In Trees/Smith"

To make it more interesting, I listed one pick from each of the five main networks (anyone can pick five new fall Fox shows and probably end up right on four of them! )

Beyond my Top 5, I'd say other strong Deathwatch candidates include:

- Friday Night Lights (NBC)
- Justice (Fox) -- may get a Bruckenheimer reprieve for a few weeks
- The Class (CBS) -- depends on other midseason sitcoms CBS has
- Vanished (Fox)
- Standoff (Fox)
- Help Me Help You (ABC) -- will be losing its Dancing lead-in soon)
- The Knights Of Prosperity (ABC) -- hasn't premiered yet
- Six Degrees (ABC)
- Daybreak (ABC) -- replaces Lost after its first six episodes
- 20 Good Years (NBC) -- hasn't premiered yet

CBS only premiered four new shows (Jericho, Shark, The Class, Smith) so there's not much to work with there. And Sunset 60 is bleeding viewers weekly, but its so high-profile that I think NBC will at least give it a full season

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-05-06, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Happy Hour/Kidnapped/Runaway/Men In Trees/Smith"
According to http://www.brilliantbutcancelled.com NBC has cancelled Kidnapped.

A PhoenixMons Masterpiece

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

10-05-06, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Happy Hour/Kidnapped/Runaway/Men In Trees/Smith"
Although this appears on CNN:

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- Production on NBC's low-rated newcomer "Kidnapped" is set to shut down in a few weeks after the serial thriller completes its 13th episode, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

The trade publication quoted sources as saying that NBC and producer Sony Pictures TV have agreed to wrap up the story line about a wealthy family, headed by Timothy Hutton and Dana Delany, whose teenage son is abducted.

The show remains in the Wednesday 10 p.m. slot, and the network has committed to airing all 13 episodes. Last week, it ranked No. 67 in viewership, drawing just 6.3 million people, according to Nielsen Media Research. The premiere episode pulled in 7.6 million the week before.

It was created by Jason Smilovic, who wrote the gangster feature "Lucky Number Slevin."

I just received an updated e-mail from brilliant but cancelled that NBC has not officially announced that Kidnapped has been pulled, so who knows at this point...

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-06, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Happy Hour/Kidnapped/Runaway/Men In Trees/Smith"
I've been watching Vanished and 6 Degrees. I like them both, but probably wouldn't be too terribly crushed if they were cancelled. I'd like Vanished to stick around, if only for my love of Gale Harold (although he was shot like 6 times last episode. Is he leaving the show?) If he's killed off, I wouldn't care if it was cancelled.

I watched all of the episodes of The Class this past weekend. I was pleasantly surprised. The acting is so-so, but it's really pretty funny. I wasn't expecting much out of it, but I would like it to stick around. I think it has potential.

A Tribe work of art

10-06-06, 04:50 PM (EST)
8. "Smith bites the dust"
NEW YORK (AP) -- Here's something Ray Liotta and Virginia Madsen won't be putting on their resumes: stars of the first new TV show to bite the dust this fall.

"Smith," the Tuesday night CBS drama with Liotta leading a band of high-stakes thieves, is off the schedule, the network said Friday. It will be replaced temporarily by reruns of "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" and "Criminal Minds."

Networks don't like to use the word "cancel" -- it sounds so messy -- but the show's producers have been given no promise that it will return.

Its last episode had only 8.4 million viewers on Tuesday, according to Nielsen Media Research. It faced tough competition in the time slot from NBC's "Law & Order: SVU" and ABC's "Boston Legal."

Meanwhile, NBC announced the sort-of cancellation of its Wednesday night serial comedy "Kidnapped," which stars Jeremy Sisto. NBC gambled by putting the show in the time slot held for a long time by "Law & Order," and it failed miserably.

"Kidnapped" will be moved to the television purgatory of Saturday nights, starting October 21. Its producers have been told to wrap up the serialized drama's story lines by the end of the show's 13-episode order, NBC said.

Networks have been wrestling with how to satisfy fans who've gotten involved in serialized dramas when the ratings are poor enough for the show to be canceled.

Fox has put its new comedy "Happy Hour" on hiatus, but insists it will return.

10-18-06, 02:47 PM (EST)
9. "RIP Runaway"
Another one bites the dust

10-04-06, 02:38 PM (EST)
2. "Happy Hour/Vanished/The Class/Kidnapped/Help me Help you"
LAST EDITED ON 10-04-06 AT 02:39 PM (EST)

Happy Hour/Vanished/The Class/Kidnapped/Help Me Help You

Those will be/are gone.

Also Men in Trees will be toast.

Captain_Savem 3731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-05-06, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain_Savem Click to send private message to Captain_Savem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Fall TV Schedule Deathwatch Pool Picks"
LAST EDITED ON 10-05-06 AT 05:16 PM (EST)

I haven't watched all the shows so I won't list the ones I haven't seen. But I'll list the ones that I've seen which I think may be in trouble even though I may like them...

1) "6 Degrees" ~ Not a bad show. I like some of the elements and characters but I have a feeling that it's missing something. I wouldn't be upset about if it didn't come back.

2) "Men In Trees" ~ I really like this show. But last week I didn't watch it, and to be honest, I didn't miss it. That's not a good sign.

3) "Brothers & Sisters" ~ I really couldn't care less about this show. Although the last episode was considerably better than the premier. Must be nice having "Desperate Housewives" as a lead-in. I'm gonna pass on this one.

4) "Smith" ~ So far I'm liking it. Not alot. But fairly well. I think the next two or three weeks will be make or break for this one. I would say this show is definitely "On the Bubble" for me.

5) "Friday Night Lights" ~ I really liked the pilot episode. And the only reason it's on my list is because the only other show left that I've seen is "Heroes" and it ain't going anywhere any time soon. So FNL is here by default I guess. Although I will say this, if FNL doesn't do something besides the old Remember the Titans/ Varsity Blues/ Friday Night Lights movie plots, this show will get old, very fast. So far, this show hasn't given me anything that I can't reach into my DVD collection and get on my own.

Handcrafted by RollDdice, yo.
MySpace

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-06, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Friday Night Lights/The Class/Helping you help you/Brothers&Sisters/Jericho"
LAST EDITED ON 10-06-06 AT 01:54 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-06-06 AT 01:43 PM (EST)

Friday Night Lights-having it on back to back nights is never a good sign...
The Class-Too much hype. Tried to watch the pilot and got bored midstream...
Helping you help you-or whatever the name of the new Ted Danson show is...again, a lot of previews for it, which isn't always bad, but can't be that great either...it's one of those shows that I mean to watch, but can't remember when it's on...
brothers & Sisters-all star cast shows never seem to work out, and I haven't heard anyone talking about this at all.
JerichoI really, really, really wanted to like this show, but it's just well, boring...not Lost-intriguing at all. Also the networks have this annoying of cancelling these type of shows before the plot line ever takes off. (i.e.Invasion)

Edited to add: That Smith and Men in Tress are totally gone...tried really hard to watch and like both, but couldn't sit through the whole hour of either one of them. Maybe I'm just being picky in my old age?

A scary ARnutz..bouncy by IceCat

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •