The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Smallville"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-29-06, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Smallville"
Anyone else love this show?

No show on TV does a better job with season ending cliff hangers than these guys.

Thought the season opener was great last night. Nice to see Jimmy Olson added to the mix. Wonder if Perry White will reappear this season.

Also, looks like the Clark/Lois thing is starting a little bit.

One question, does anyone know if Ria (the girl who helped him in the phantom zone) is Supergirl?

And when is he going to fly already??? Hopefully this season.

And I hope they have another superhero cameo like they did in previous years with the Flash and Aquaman. I'm hoping for either Wonder Woman or Bruce Wayne this year.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Smallville Estee 09-29-06 1
   RE: Smallville shakes the clown 09-30-06 2
       RE: Smallville Estee 09-30-06 3
           RE: Smallville Ahtumbreez 09-30-06 4
           RE: Smallville shakes the clown 10-05-06 5
 great episode! shakes the clown 10-06-06 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-29-06, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Smallville"
It'll be Green Arrow this season, who will appear in several episodes: he's basically looking for other heroes to form the foundations of the Justice League. Clark is already planning on not being the joining type. As per a TV Guide article , Wonder Woman will not appear because the rights are apparently both in dispute and tied up in the movie project.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-30-06, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Smallville"
>It'll be Green Arrow this season,
>who will appear in several
>episodes: he's basically looking
>for other heroes to form
>the foundations of the Justice
>League. Clark is already
>planning on not being the
>joining type. As per
>a TV Guide article ,
>Wonder Woman will not appear
>because the rights are apparently
>both in dispute and tied
>up in the movie project.
>
>

Really? Where'd ya get that info Estee? Is the TV Guide article online?

If I remember correctly, aren't they havning the same problems with using Bruce Wayne/Batman?

And are you saying that there is going to be a Wonder Woman movie, or a Smallville movie?

Also, not sure about this, but isn't it part of DC mythology that Green Arrow put together the JLA? I'm sure I read that storyline in a comic book recently.

So, will Green Arrow be a youngster like Clark, Aqua an Flash or will he be grown up? Any word on who the actor is? If I remember correctly, isn't Green Arrow really rich, kinda like a playboy/sportsman type? Somewhat similar to Bruce Wayne, but much more outgoing?

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-06, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Smallville"
LAST EDITED ON 10-01-06 AT 05:43 AM (EST)

I got the information from the print version of TV Guide. So far, I'm not having much luck getting the original article online -- at least for the GA one -- but I did get this picture:

The actor's name is Justin Hartley. Same age category as Clark, from the looks of things.

This is from the magazine's website: Michael Ausiello's column. The same information appeared in the print version/

'Tori Spelling has been cast as the new gossip columnist at the "Daily Planet" -- and she just so happens to have the ability to turn herself into water. (Top that, Liz Smith.) I tracked down exec producer Al Gough inside the CW soiree to get more details on the camptastic casting coup. (Warning: major spoilers coming.) "It'll be our first episode back in January, and she'll be kind of our villain of the week," he reveals. "She'll be exposing the very big secrets that will be driving the second half of the season, and I can't tell you any of them. Zero." (Did you really think I'd let him off that easy?) "OK, I'll tell you one snippet," he continues. "Episode 11, which is our second episode back in January, is going to be called "Justice," and it'll basically be our first look at the Justice League. We're gonna have Green Arrow, Cyborg, Flash and Aquaman, played by Alan Ritchson, who is coming back. That's gonna be our first Justice League episode." And where exactly is Wonder Woman? "Ask Joel Silver," Gough grumbles. "He's the producer; he controls the movie rights. We'd do a whole Wonder Woman series if we had Wonder Woman, but Joss Whedon is writing the movie, so we can't have her." Damn, damn, damn!'

There's a tiny bit more on the new season at http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ask-Ausiello/default.aspx?columndate=20-Sep-2006

So it's a Wonder Woman movie. I think the problem they're having with her might be what's keeping Bruce off the show. (I dimly remember that the former WB was entertaining thoughts of a pre-Batman series focusing on Bruce's travels and training -- and then Batman Begins came along.) The last I read about the WW project, it was still having problems with casting. They were actually looking at a former American Idol contestant. Whee...

The problems with my trying to quote DC history is that I'm just someone who reads the occasional graphic novel in Borders and hopes not to get caught -- plus DC history changes every time they need a major sales boost. (I had to get Dweeze to explain Infinite Crisis to me. I'm still not sure he wasn't joking.) But the last graphic novel I read on the subject -- set pre-IC, for whatever that's now worth -- was that Green Arrow wasn't one of the original members, and he didn't put the League together: they responded to an alien invasion and decided to stick with each other from that point on. He was, however, the original bankroll. He sponsored the League (HQ development, costs, upkeep) without their knowledge for some time while tweaking their noses every time he ran into them in public. He may have been the first person to join after the original five. Dweeze would know better than I would.

The mainstream comics GA -- Oliver Queen, let's see if they dare to keep that name -- is rich and something of a sportsman, but he's also the DCU's heavyweight liberal. Champion of the small causes, hero of the little guy, and yes, a lot more social and outgoing than Bruce. No idea how much of that will translate to the small screen version. (They'll probably be terrified of making him a liberal.)

I do know that in the most current comics stories, he just became the duly-elected mayor of Star City and has been instituting some liberal-style reform. But that's the adult GA post-IC, and as said, I'm still waiting for the punchline...

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-06, 10:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Smallville"
Ewww, Tori Spelling.

I haven't watched this since the DD went to live in HI and casting her doesn't entice me to start again.

10-05-06, 06:50 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Smallville"
thanks for all the info Estee!

I think we both read the same graphic novel about the JLA regarding Green Arrow refusing to join but actually being the hidden person behind all the money funding the JLA.

I didn't realize Cyborg was a real character from DC lore? I don't rememmber him from any of my exposure to the JLA or DC comics.

Too bad about Wonder Woman sharing the same fate as Batman. And I doubt we'll ever see Green Lantern since GL is just a normal person till he gets the ring handed to him as an adult. Although I guess they could have an appearance by the GL Corps although adding little green men to the equation seems a little over the top for this series.

Same goes for Martian Manhunter.

What about classic enemies? We've seen Lex Luthor (obviously) and Braniac so far. Has there been anyone else I'm missing? DC doesn't have a very impressive stable of villains unlike Marvel so that could be a problem. Maybe Bizzaro? Although that seems over the top as well. Same with Darkseid.

Can't wait to see the episode tonight!

10-06-06, 12:48 PM (EST)
6. "great episode!"
Amazing! Green Arrow, new super powers AND Lois writes her first newspaper article all in the same episode!

Love the way they set up the backstory for Oliver Queen (you lose that bet Estee) with him being prep school rivals with Lex.

Looks like Oliver and Clark are NOT going to be fast friends this season...gonna be a love triangle with those two and Lois, at least according to the ad I saw in People today.

Loved the end of the ep when he says "how bout Borneo" and then shoots the arrow about a mile away till it lands right on Borneo on the Daily Planet globe. That was kewl.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •