The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Studio 60"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Rebel Crown 1411 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-19-06, 04:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rebel%20Crown Click to send private message to Rebel%20Crown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Studio 60"
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-06 AT 05:26 AM (EST)

...made it's debut Monday night. I've been eagerly awaiting this one. And I wasn't disappointed! Fans of "The West Wing" will recognize the name of its creator, Aaron Sorkin. Did anyone catch it? My personal opinion is it was very enjoyable!

The premise: Set in 2016, it's a behind-the-scenes look of a "SNL"-type show. It was fast-paced but not too MTV-ish, and the characters drew me in right away. Starting out with a live tirade reminiscent of "Network" and ending with the drugged up writer that Matthew Perry plays taking over the show, along with his friend and fellow druggie, Bradley Whitford (Josh from "The West Wing"), it moved along quickly and I was wanting more after it was over.

I was a big fan of "WW" and mourned its cancellation. I have a feeling that "Studio 60" will make me feel the same when it has run its course, as well.

Anyone else catch it? Anyone else like it as much as I did?

Edited for spelling and to finish a thought-hey it's 5 a.m., what can I say?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Loved it! zombiebaby 09-19-06 1
 RE: Studio 60 weltek 09-19-06 2
 RE: Studio 60 LadyT 09-19-06 3
   RE: Studio 60 mrsunderstood 09-19-06 4
   RE: Studio 60 Rebel Crown 09-19-06 6
 RE: Studio 60 Bebo 09-19-06 5
 RE: Studio 60 Tahj 09-19-06 7
 RE: Studio 60 KwietOne 09-19-06 8
 RE: Studio 60 Loree 09-23-06 9
 RE: Studio 60 CouchTater 09-24-06 10
 RE: Studio 60 Hoobie 09-24-06 11
 RE: Studio 60 SurvivorBlows 09-25-06 12
 RE: Studio 60 trigirl 10-01-06 13
 RE: Studio 60 sharnina 10-03-06 14
   RE: Studio 60 Fishercat 10-03-06 16
       RE: Studio 60 sharnina 10-04-06 17
           RE: Studio 60 Bebo 10-04-06 18
               RE: Studio 60 trigirl 10-04-06 19
 RE: Studio 60 Captain_Savem 10-03-06 15
 RE: Studio 60 sharnina 11-07-06 20
   RE: Studio 60 Fishercat 11-10-06 21
       RE: Studio 60 CattyChat 11-10-06 22
       RE: Studio 60 trigirl 11-10-06 23
   RE: Studio 60 sharnina 11-10-06 24
 RE: Studio 60 mom2bjm 11-29-06 25
   Yup Bebo 11-30-06 26
       RE: Yup mom2bjm 02-01-07 29
 RE: Studio 60 sharnina 01-30-07 27
   RE: Studio 60 DebCapsFan 01-31-07 28
 RE: Studio 60 sharnina 02-13-07 30
 Studio 60 is BACK Fishercat 05-23-07 31
   RE: Studio 60 is BACK DebCapsFan 05-24-07 32
   RE: Studio 60 is BACK trigirl 05-24-07 33
   RE: Studio 60 is BACK Puffy 05-27-07 34
   RE: Studio 60 is BACK Bebo 05-27-07 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-19-06, 08:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Loved it!"
I never watched The West Wing but I watched this last night. I just loved it. Very funny.

I had no idea it was set in 2016 though!

I did have trouble staying awake until the end though. So I hope I continue to watch.

Siggy conceived by Arkie, gestating done by Zombs
IT'S A GIRL!!!!!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-06, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Studio 60"
I came in a little late to it & had a hard time catching up. It was a little dark and drawn out. It certainly has good story potential though. A great cast, too.

-A Spooky Seana Sig

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-06, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Studio 60"
I loved it! However, I don't think it's set in 2016 because in the beginning it said that they were celebrating their 20th anniversary and that the show had been on since 1986. I may be wrong though. I love the chemistry between Matthew Perry and Bradley Whitford. And Amanda Peet, man she looked gorgeous. I can't wait til next week

mrsunderstood 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-19-06, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrsunderstood Click to send private message to mrsunderstood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Studio 60"
I LOVE THIS SHOW! I hope nexy week they identify what the characters do ie. why was the President of the network threatend about being fired? Does D.L. hugley just warm up the crowd or does he do something else? But i love that I still hve questions the morning after. It's like MUST SEE TV all wrapped in a one hour show

"I'll tell you in another life when we are both cats"

Rebel Crown 1411 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-06, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rebel%20Crown Click to send private message to Rebel%20Crown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Studio 60"
<<...that the show had been on since 1986.>>

I heard it as the show started in '96 and it was its 20th anniversary. But I could be wrong, too. I didn't tape it, so I can't go back and check.

I totally bought into the idea of it being set in the future; maybe next week's show will give us more clues as to the year in which it's set.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-06, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Studio 60"
With that cast, I knew I was hooked. Bradley Whitford, Matthew Perry, Steven Weber (whoa, he's smarmy!), DL Hughley, Timothy Busfield...

Yup, I enjoyed it.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-19-06, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Studio 60"
I just listened to the first part of the episode online and the announcer said it started in 1986. So it's now 2006.

I liked it a lot too! I just hope it does well enough against CSI Miami so that it doesn't get cancelled.

Tribe rocked my sig!

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-19-06, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Studio 60"
Liked the show - it has potential. Bradley Whitford, Matthew Perry - great casting. Steven Weber is perfect for his role. I may need to see another episode for Amanda Peet's character - on the fence about her.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-06, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Studio 60"
Part of the charm of this show was the casting. I really like the cast (well except for Timothy Busfield who I can't stand, but we can't have everything).

And I assume we will have several guest stars playing themselves like Felicity was. That part reminds me of the Larry Sanders show.

But I did like the pace and it's different. I enjoyed it.

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-24-06, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Studio 60"
I just got around to watching it last night and I really loved this show. It's fast paced and has a sharp, witty diologue. I love the characters and the cast already seem to really click. It's a keeper for me and I hope it stays on the air.

Tribey Rocks!

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-24-06, 11:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Studio 60"
It took me awhile to get into it. DH stopped watching after 20 minutes, and he gives most things a running chance. I think it is O.K. Hopefully, Matthew Perry will be in more scenes!

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-06, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Studio 60"
I watched this and, like just like The West Wing's first few seasons, thought it was really well done, I'll defintely be coming back.

It also did pretty decent ratings numbers considering it was going up against CSI: Miami and MNF over on ESPN, so hopefully this will be around for a while. Then again, given its Aaron Sorkin pedigree and cast, it will probably be around all season even if the ratings start to fall off -- even Sorkin's "Sports Night" got a couple of season's from ABC

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-01-06, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Studio 60"
It is on Sunday night's here in Canada. Like the timeslot.

I am not a Matthew Perry fan so was very pleasantly surpirsed with his performance. Maybe the problem all along was not with matthew perry but with Chandler Bing!!!!

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-03-06, 04:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Studio 60"
LAST EDITED ON 10-03-06 AT 05:57 PM (EST)

Another great show. I got an email last week from American Family Association alerting Christians to the fact that this show is anti-Christian and that Christians across America should join together to get this show off the air. All I can say is - Lighten up, for cryin' out loud.

I enjoyed the show and I'm really liking the Amanda Peet character. I generally tend to not like Timothy Busfield either but I think I like him in this role. He's the go to guy who gets it done - and all with a great attitude - what's not to like.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-06, 08:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Studio 60"
The AFA e-mail is kind of ironic considering the subject matter of the past couple episodes. Heh.

10-04-06, 03:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Studio 60"
Agreed. Here is an an excerpt from the article;

The premier episode began when the host of this fictional show was forced to delete a comedy sketch called “Crazy Christians” from the show. The network representative dropped the segment for fear of angering Christians and advertisers. The host of the show went on a rant on air complaining about his network and stating, in part, “And the two things that make them scared gutless are the FCC and every psycho religious cult that gets positively horny at the mere mention of a boycott.”

With great cunning, Aaron Sorkin and NBC send the message repeatedly throughout this hour-long show that Christians are extremists and the enemy of “free speech”. The first and second episodes of “Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip” center upon the theme of Christians as ‘nut-jobs’ who terrorize networks and advertisers with threats of boycotts. In other words, people like you and me, who voice our concern over the decline of decency, are part of a “psycho religious cult”.

A link to the rest of the article;

http://www.afa.net/studio60.asp

I am a Christian and I'm just not seeing it.

10-04-06, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Studio 60"
Frankly, I just keyed in to the part where Harriet said that Jesus must have had a sense of humor. It made me smile.

10-04-06, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Studio 60"
Life imitating art. Freaking hilarious.

"psycho religious cult" LOL.

Captain_Savem 3731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-03-06, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain_Savem Click to send private message to Captain_Savem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Studio 60"
I gotta admit, this show is growing on me. I mean, it's not that I thought it was bad, but just that it was more like "been there done that". With Aaron Sorkin and Bradley Whitfield working together it felt like "The West Wing: SNL Edition". But, I may be wrong.

And I agree with Trigirl, I'm not a big Matthew Perry fan but I'm starting to think that it was more that I wasn't a Chandler Bing fan. I really like him in this role. Also love Amanda Peete and D.L. Hughley.

Handcrafted by RollDdice, yo.
MySpace

11-07-06, 01:36 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Studio 60"
I know that it looks like this show is about to be cancelled and I am so disappointed. I watched last night and I can hardly wait until next week to see more of John Goodman. I want to know why Tim was speeding through the little town of Fahrump. And I want to watch the Steven Weber guy get pummelled for his big mouth.

I like this show a lot and can't help but compare it's demise with one of the story lines - the network opts for a smart, intelligent show rather than another reality show that shows the worst side of humanity.

11-10-06, 08:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Studio 60"
Not so fast my friend...

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/nbc-studio-60-gets-full-season-pick-up-1010453.php

Woo-hoo!

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-06, 08:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Studio 60"
Finally, a network makes the smart & right decision. I'm dancing for joy with the news. This is my 2nd fave show of the new season & I hope more people give it a chance & bring up the ratings. Each episode just gets better and better.

BTW, As Sharnina, I am a Christian who LOVES the show & doesn't see what the fuss is all about. Lighten up, people! It's called satire, comedy, entertainment . . .

11-10-06, 09:29 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Studio 60"
Yippee!

11-10-06, 12:50 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Studio 60"
Wooo Hooo! indeed.

*does a little happy dance*

Whew! that wore me out...

mom2bjm 1465 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-06, 11:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mom2bjm Click to send private message to mom2bjm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Studio 60"
So, after Jordan's revelation.. that she's pregnant - does anyone know if Amanda Peet really is?

We were thinking that last week - (11-21-06 ep) that she was looking a little preggers then! The blouse she was wearing was NOT disguising anything there!

Once there was a snowman, snowman, snowman...

11-30-06, 07:25 AM (EST)
26. "Yup"
Aaron Sorkin made the character pregnant to write in Amanda's real-life pregnancy.

mom2bjm 1465 desperate attention whore postings

02-01-07, 09:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mom2bjm Click to send private message to mom2bjm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Yup"
Figured as much, but I hadn't researched it or anything.

Why should I ? when someone smarter that me here would have already looked it up?

My hippos love Tribe!

01-30-07, 03:19 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Studio 60"
Did you love Hiro on the show tonight? The Dolphin laugh was hilarious.

I am not digging the Simon story right now. He is being such an a$$ to the writer guy. What's up with that?

Amanda Peet is better everytime I see her. I am truly enjoying the story between her and Danny.

Okay, did anybody else think it was incredibly stupid when Tom lied to Lucy aboout why he couldn't go out with her? What was he thinking?

"These are the days when the Christian is expected to praise every creed except his own."
- G.K. Chesterton 1928

DebCapsFan 2747 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-31-07, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DebCapsFan Click to send private message to DebCapsFan Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Studio 60"
The Simon story bugs. He's supposed to be a likeable guy...the way the writers have dug him a hole with the story line I'm not sure he can be likeable again. I don't think the writers know where they are going with this. Even Tom isn't backing him up anymore.
Isn't Tom the one who suggested the boot of the Pussy Cat Doll to make Harriet jealous? He's not the brightest guy when it comes to romance.

02-13-07, 03:25 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Studio 60"
Okay, last week the Simon Being Ugly story got resolved and Simon and Black Writer Guy are friends again. Yay!

I love, love, love the Danny and Amanda Peet (can't think of her character's name) story. They are sooo cute and the story line for them next week looks hilarious.

From the moment that singer gave Matt the pills I kept saying over and over, "Dont, do it Matt, don't do it." He did it.

"These are the days when the Christian is expected to praise every creed except his own."
- G.K. Chesterton 1928

05-23-07, 07:40 PM (EST)
31. "Studio 60 is BACK"
Well, for a few episodes, NBC has taken Studio 60 off of hiatus (quietly it seems, but I don't watch much NBC outside of Scrubs and S60) for a little bit.

The new episode, "The Disaster Show", is on at 10:00 PM tommorow night!

DebCapsFan 2747 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-24-07, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DebCapsFan Click to send private message to DebCapsFan Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Studio 60 is BACK"
Thanks for reminding me. I almost forgot until I saw the bumped thread.

05-24-07, 10:42 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Studio 60 is BACK"
Yippee! Now that Lost, Heroes and 24 are finished (all in the same week) I will have something to look forward to.

Puffy 6571 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-07, 02:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Studio 60 is BACK"
I wonder why the three main stars weren't on the May 24 show.

İSyren Creations, 2005

05-27-07, 09:31 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Studio 60 is BACK"
That episode was appropriately named - yuck.

I was so excited about the prospects of this show - Aaron Sorkin, great cast - but if Thursday's show is any indication. I am not going to be able to sit through these episodes. Studio 60 has officially been cancelled, but NBC is burning through the episodes that have already been filmed.

On the plus side, the "Scrubs" musical was rebroadcast Thursday night. Awesome. We had just watched our DVR of it earlier in the day, not realizing it would be on that night, but we still sat eagerly in front of our TV at the appointed time.

After all, everything comes down to poo.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •