The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Nightmares and Dreamscapes"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

bystander 4967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-12-06, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Nightmares and Dreamscapes"
Another Stephen King book comes to life on TNT starting tonight at 9:00 EST and running for 4 weeks. Anyone going to take a break from reality TV to tune in? He's one of my favorite authors so I'll be there.

Tonights stories are:

Battleground
Jason Renshaw (William Hurt), a professional hit man, successfully murders the CEO of a prestigious toy company only to face the biggest fight of his life when a package from the toy company is delivered to his house with surprising, deadly contents.

Crouch End

A newlywed American couple (Eion Bailey and Claire Forlani) honeymooning in London, goes to Crouch End to have dinner with a friend. They soon learn the town is not what it appears to be, and the more they get lost, the more they become trapped in another dimension.

I'm hoping they do a decent job with these. His books don't always translate to film/tv smoothly.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Battleground zombiebaby 07-13-06 1
 Crouch End zombiebaby 07-13-06 2
 RE: Nightmares and Dreamscapes CattyChat 07-13-06 3
   RE: Nightmares and Dreamscapes bystander 07-13-06 4
   RE: Nightmares and Dreamscapes ARnutz 07-13-06 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-13-06, 08:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Battleground"
Fantastic.

Incredible.

I think it strayed a little from the book if I recall. Wasn't the objective of the soldiers to build the nuclear launch? I mean while they were attacking him. I did not remember the commando guy and the elevator.

But really, really well done.

Siggy conceived by Arkie, gestating done by Zombs
IT'S A GIRL!!!!!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-06, 08:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Crouch End"
LAST EDITED ON 07-13-06 AT 08:15 AM (EST)

This was OK. I mean it was good but after Battleground it seemed very cliched.

I still liked it.

I don't remember this story from the book though.*scratches head*

I am still waiting for an adaptation of one of my favorite King stories...The Long Walk

Siggy conceived by Arkie, gestating done by Zombs
IT'S A GIRL!!!!!

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-13-06, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Nightmares and Dreamscapes"
LAST EDITED ON 07-13-06 AT 10:57 AM (EST)

Darn it, I forgot when it was airing and missed the first 2 stories last night. Luckily, I just checked and TNT is airing it again tonight at 11 p.m. EST, so I will be sure to set my DVR to catch both shows.

I agree that, lately, SK's stories haven't translated well to the screen, for the most part. He needs to get better directors in the future to get the right stuff in and not stray from SK's story.

Some great book to screen translations --
Shawshank Redemption
The Green Mile
Stand by Me
The Shining (w/Jack Nicholson, of course)
Misery (Kathy Bates was the bomb)

Biggest Disappointments:
IT (story was super creepy/TV movie was super lame)
The Stand (one of my fave books)
Secret Window (AND it had Johnny Depp, go figure)
Sleepwalkers (Worst of them all)

Not too bad:
Christine
Children of the Corn (1st one only)
The Running Man (After Terminator, Arnold's best role)
Silver Bullet (*hangs head in shame* Yeah, I liked it)
Salem's Lot (orig. scared the carp outta me when I was about 10)

Kind Creation of ARNutz

bystander 4967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-13-06, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Nightmares and Dreamscapes"
Don't tell anyone but I like Silver Bullet also and I watch it whenever I see it on TV.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-06, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Nightmares and Dreamscapes"
I was busy last night so I'll be watching it tonight too! I was very upset that I missed these, so was glad to find it comes on again tonight! It looks like that will be the case next week too (the 2 eps. will be aired Thursday at 11 pm & midnight).

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •