The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Windfall"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-12-06, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Windfall"
Anyone watch? Anyone? It aired on Thursday, and they showed it again last night. I don't really have an opinion yet, I guess I'll need a few more episodes. At the moment, there seem to be a lot of people to keep up with.

Luke Perry is in it, so that right there made me watch.

It's Arkie Love

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Windfall Glow 06-12-06 1
 RE: Windfall SilverStar 06-12-06 2
   RE: Windfall samboohoo 06-12-06 4
       RE: Windfall SilverStar 06-12-06 6
   RE: Windfall AugustGirl 06-14-06 12
       RE: Windfall SilverStar 06-14-06 14
           RE: Windfall samboohoo 06-14-06 15
           RE: Windfall AugustGirl 06-14-06 19
               RE: Windfall SilverStar 06-15-06 21
   RE: Windfall nailbone 06-16-06 23
 RE: Windfall Estee 06-12-06 3
   RE: Windfall samboohoo 06-12-06 5
 RE: Windfall weltek 06-13-06 7
   RE: Windfall Padme 06-13-06 8
       RE: Windfall Deekeryu 06-13-06 9
       RE: Windfall samboohoo 06-13-06 10
           RE: Windfall AugustGirl 06-14-06 11
               RE: Windfall samboohoo 06-14-06 16
                   RE: Windfall AugustGirl 06-14-06 18
           RE: Windfall Padme 06-14-06 13
               RE: Windfall samboohoo 06-14-06 17
 RE: No Windfall for me foonermints 06-14-06 20
 Episode 2 SilverStar 06-16-06 22
   RE: Episode 2 samboohoo 06-18-06 24
   RE: Episode 2 AugustGirl 06-19-06 25
 RE: Windfall Hoobie 06-20-06 26
 RE: Windfall Das Mole 07-01-06 27
 RE: Windfall Puffy 07-05-06 28
 RE: Windfall brvnkrz 07-06-06 29
 RE: Windfall CouchTater 07-07-06 30
   RE: Windfall Bebo 07-08-06 31
 RE: Windfall Hoobie 08-30-06 32
   RE: Windfall brvnkrz 08-30-06 33
       RE: Windfall samboohoo 08-31-06 34
   Nina and Cameron samboohoo 08-31-06 35
       RE: Nina and Cameron brvnkrz 08-31-06 36
           RE: Nina and Cameron Bebo 09-01-06 37
               RE: Nina and Cameron brvnkrz 09-01-06 38
                   RE: Nina and Cameron samboohoo 09-01-06 39
 RE: Windfall Hoobie 09-06-06 40
   RE: Windfall samboohoo 09-07-06 41
   RE: Windfall Puffy 09-11-06 42

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-06, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Windfall"
We watched it. We enjoyed it. We'll continue watching.

My favorite part was when the pizza delivery girl got the phone call.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-06, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Windfall"
I agree with you, Boo. Too many characters to know how I feel about them yet. I need a few episodes before I decide whether I really like the show or not. I like the premise of it though, seeing how people's lives change with large sums of money.

One thing was bothering me though-- several of the characters went out and made huge purchases (new car, helicopter ride) before they even had the money. How did they do that? Especially the pizza delivery girl. I doubt she had enough in her savings to pay for a private helicopter.

She nice, the Syren.

06-12-06, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Windfall"
Yep Stah, I agree. The one girl who was driving that clunker stepped right over to the Mercedes dealership and bought a new one. And then she wrote a $25k check to that woman for surgery.

There were a few other things that were off as well, perhaps it was too much crammed into one hour to get it started.

1. The donations/names on the clipboard. That part confused me. I thought there was a mention of who had put into the pot and how much they put in. Did they all put in $1, or did some put in more than others?

2. Beth and Cameron. They have supposedly been married for a few years or more. I didn't exactly see him denying that he slept with a student, only that the child wasn't his. She didn't appear to be as upset as I would have thought she would be.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure there are more.

It's Arkie Love

06-12-06, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Windfall"
Right. The check for the surgery. I knew there was some other instance that I was forgetting about. And also, the young boy presumably paid the Russian girl $10K and set himself up in a hotel.
I'm hoping the believablity of this show improves, or I may not be able to stick with it.

She nice, the Syren.

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

06-14-06, 07:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Windfall"
One thing was bothering me though-- several of the characters went out and made huge purchases (new car, helicopter ride) before they even had the money. How did they do that?

I had a problem with that too, Stah.

As to the many characters, I don't have a warm and fuzzy for any of them except for Luke Perry's character and only because I have a bad feeling his wife is going to screw him over for the cheater. I hate cheaters! (anyone care to hear my opinion of Tom "Whack Job Nut Case Cheater" Cruise?) LOL!

Hi Stah!

06-14-06, 01:14 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Windfall"
Why yes. I would love to hear your opinion of Tom "WJNCC" Cruise. I know he's your favorite. *grin*

Sigs by Bob! Fear and chemistry keep everyone happy!
Hi Augie!

06-14-06, 01:21 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Windfall"
*pulls up a chair next to Stah*

It's Arkie Love

06-14-06, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Windfall"
*whacks* Stah and Boo!

Doing anything this weekend, Stah? *grin*

06-15-06, 10:31 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Windfall"

This weekend? I'm getting ready for my trip! Woohoo! *smooch*

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

06-16-06, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Windfall"
One thing was bothering me though-- several of the characters went out and made huge purchases (new car, helicopter ride) before they even had the money. How did they do that? Especially the pizza delivery girl. I doubt she had enough in her savings to pay for a private helicopter.

Happens all the time. Banks give loans based on the income from the yet-to-be-claimed winnings. Dateline (or some show like that) did a deal awhile back on people that get loans to buy stuff based on the "You have won a million dollars" junk mail. People get loans based on the idea that they've won a buncha money that just needs to be collected, and then get slammed when they don't actually win.

Sig by Slice

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-06, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Windfall"
Not without paying me a good share of the lottery winnings. NBC aired enough commercials for the premiere to turn me off watching it forever. 'Money is evil! Except when we have it!'

06-12-06, 02:35 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Windfall"
This is how I felt about CBS's Ghost Whisperer. By the time it aired, I just wanted it dead.

It's Arkie Love

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-06, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Windfall"
I liked it thus far. The characters are fairly compelling. Each is different enough, yet I can see how they weave together.

Padme 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

06-13-06, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Padme Click to send private message to Padme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Windfall"
I loved it. I watched only because I have had the biggest crush on Jason Gedrick since Iron Eagle. Now I'm a happily married woman however, woo! He makes me melt.

I am, disappointed that he always plays a bad guy. Although we don't know for sure at this point, it sure looks that way. Regardless, considering that I love it, I'm quite sure it'll be cancelled. My favorite shows never seem to make it. (The Book of Daniel. I still miss that show)

Anyway, I agree with others about how everyone seemed to spend their money before they had it. I did like the kid marrying the Russian Bride, thought that was a great zinger and the soon-to-be ex-husband who finds out about the winnings. That was just too rich!

Deekeryu 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-13-06, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Deekeryu Click to send private message to Deekeryu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Windfall"
I watched the last half of it on the repeat on Sundays. Seemed like a pretty good concept. Money does create problems doesn't it? haha. Everyone wants a piece. The Sean storyline seems the most interesting. I wonder what his past is all about.

Loved how the helicopter came in and picked those people up out of their old home, the trailer. In your face, picky neighbors, haha.

06-13-06, 06:04 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Windfall"
Which one is Jason Gedrick?

It's Arkie Love

06-14-06, 07:22 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Windfall"
Jason Gedrick is the cheater married to Jack Bauer's former girlfriend.

Hi Boo!

06-14-06, 01:23 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Windfall"
And Jack Bauer is who?

It's Arkie Love

Hi Augie!

Just kidding. I know who Jack is, just not his girlfriend. I do know who Jack Deveraux is though.

06-14-06, 03:08 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Windfall"
*whack*

The actress playing Beth was Kate Warner, Jack's love interest on 24's season 2.

Padme 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

06-14-06, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Padme Click to send private message to Padme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Windfall"
>Which one is Jason Gedrick?
>
>
>
>
>>"blue"] It's Arkie Love

He's the one who is married to the blonde but is trying to get Luke Perry's wife to have an affair with him. He's also the one who supposedly slept with a student and got her pregnant...

06-14-06, 01:23 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Windfall"
Cameron.

He reminds me of someone. I bet if I googled him, I'd find out who.

It's Arkie Love

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

06-14-06, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: No Windfall for me"
I had to *stop* after the first episode.

Brucie is going to get crampies.

06-16-06, 11:26 AM (EST)
22. "Episode 2"
*yawn* Maybe I was just in a bad mood last night, but this show was boring me to death. I gave up on it after 30 minutes. The acting was bad, the characters weren't holding my interest. I think this show has lost me as a viewer.

Your thoughts?

Sigs by Bob! Fear and chemistry keep everyone happy!

06-18-06, 05:41 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Episode 2"
LAST EDITED ON 06-20-06 AT 06:44 PM (EST)

I haven't watched yet. It's on the Tivo. Conner is all coughy again, so I haven't had time to sit down and watch anything.

ETA: I'll give it to the end, which is probably only another week or so. If I could watch Titans till the end, I can watch this. Especially when it involves Luke.

It's Arkie Love

06-19-06, 06:42 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Episode 2"
I finally watched last night (had taped it) and I think I'll give it one more episode. The only character I really care about--Luke Perry's character--didn't really have much screen time and I'm not much interested in the other people.

Anyone else finding the reporter and her constant questions annoying to say the least? And the one with the loose lips--the one who bought her niece and nephew braces--is the most annoying of all. If my friend blabbed freely to the press after I just won the lottery she wouldn't be my friend anymore.

And one more thing...I really DO NOT care what happened to Chloe. I mean we all know what happened to her, but I don't care. Not one bit.

Heh. Anyone think NBC will air all the episodes, or will pull a Fox "Reunion" and cut it loose?

Guess I was in a bad mood too, Stah.

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-20-06, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Windfall"
I thought that it was a B+.

I think Sean and the hussy lawyer are oh-so boring. The Luke Perry's wife & Cameron storyline is good. I just don't understand why they took off to Paris for a day - did anyone else find that odd? (And "because they can" is not the answer I'm looking for).

Most of the other story lines are pretty good. I'm looking forward to the new woman who was interviewed and wants a piece (is that the girl from North Shore, only with dark hair??).

DH said he doesn't want to watch any new shows because he was scarred after they didn't finish Reunion. One can only hope, but I don't think it's looking too good

Das Mole 2364 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-01-06, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Windfall"
OK so this thread is old...but I had to comment.

I must say, the acting is kinda...not the best. And the plotline is kinda crappy. But I must watch this show. Every week. I've seen all of the first four episodes so far and I kinda like it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they got rid of the show, though, since it is kinda dull. Perhaps once the story gets moving it'll become more viewable.

It's awn.

Puffy 6571 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-06, 07:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Windfall"
I watch Windfall. Each week, I keep hoping it'll get better, but it doesn't.

©Tribephyl Creations, 2006

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-06, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Windfall"
I think that as long as nothing else exciting is on against it, we will keep watching. But it isn't a must see for me.

One nation under George, divided.

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-07-06, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Windfall"
I quit. I thought it might be good after watching the first two epy's, but after the third I felt it was too boring. I think the premise is good and it has potential, but it's too blah for me to keep watching it at the moment.

A Tribephyl gift

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

07-08-06, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Windfall"
ZZZZZZZZZZ. The last ep practically put me to sleep. We've been taping It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia to watch later, but I think we're going to switch. Windfall took a promising premise and made it dull dull dull.

08-30-06, 02:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Windfall"
Is anyone still watching this? I heard through the grapevine that it was canceled. No biggie, but I'll finish it.

My TiVo crapped on me though and I missed the episode from 2 weeks ago. Does anyone know why Nina and Cameron didn't stay together?

08-30-06, 08:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Windfall"
Nina is Peter's wife, right? If so, she told Cameron that she didn't love him and she didn't want to be with him. But she is still leaving Peter.
I'm still watching. It's actually starting to grow on my a little bit.

Fembots by Tribe: L.O.J. One for all and all for Janelle

08-31-06, 08:56 AM (EST)
34. "RE: Windfall"
*giggles* I'm still watching too.

Thanks Tribe!

08-31-06, 09:01 AM (EST)
35. "Nina and Cameron"
Hoobie, I just realized that I haven't watched last week's episode yet. I'm usually a few days behind, I guess I just forgot this week.

I think the guilt just got to Nina. Beth pretty much had things confirmed for her at the hospital when she arrived. Then she pretty much spilled to Peter. Peter arrived at the hospital because the police called him to tell him his wife (Nina) had been in an accident.

Peter went home and threw all of Nina's stuff out. They told the girls that she was going to see her sister for a few days or something like that.

Nina went to the house that Cameron had bought for her. When Cameron showed up later, she told him she didn't love him and that they were through. Unless I missed something significant, there wasn't a real explanation. So I'm assuming the guilt finally got to her.

I usually fast forward through the Damian/Frankie stuff, so it's possible I missed something.

Thanks Tribe!

08-31-06, 10:46 AM (EST)
36. "RE: Nina and Cameron"
That's pretty much it in a nutshell. She really didn't give an explanation.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-06, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Nina and Cameron"
Last night was interesting - Nina wanted to work on her marriage, and Peter let her go. Then Nina decides to go to Cameron since she now has Peter's blessing, and he's about to get on a plane to China with Sarah.

Since I can't stand Nina, I'm giggling that she'll be left out in the cold. She waffled between two men since high school, and in the end gets neither.

So folks, who kidnapped Frankie? Unhinged Daddy or creepy Russian cousin?

09-01-06, 11:00 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Nina and Cameron"
Gah!! *covers eyes* I haven't watched last night's episode yet.
Frankie gets kidnapped? I would lean towards the Russians. Ohhhhh but maybe it is Daddy and he will ransom her to the Mom. Hmmmmm.

09-01-06, 03:49 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Nina and Cameron"
I've only seen half.

My guess is it's a set up by her mom. No way she relented and came back that easy.

Thanks Tribe!

09-06-06, 01:16 AM (EST)
40. "RE: Windfall"
Is it over? There weren't any previews for next week, and that video montage at the end made it appear as if there wouldn't be any more... But what of the kidnapping? That's the only unresolved story.

Overall, I give the series a B/ B+.

09-07-06, 09:11 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Windfall"
The last show (the one with the "Dream On" montage) was the last one of the season. I didn't realize it at first either, but when I hit the info button on the Tivo, it read "Season Finale."

Thanks Tribe!

Puffy 6571 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-06, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Windfall"
Yep, last show. I guess it was just a summer replacement. I wonder if it will be back mid-season or next summer. I only watched it because there was nothing else on. But, yes, I watched it every single week. Every week had such a huge "over-the-top" cliffhanger. Dumb. I'm rooting for Beth. I wish the pizza-delivery girl who won the money had been featured more.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •