The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Unit"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-08-06, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Unit"
No, this was not another HBO Real Sex special. The pilot was on CBS last night. I only caught the last half-hour, but I really liked it. I wish I'd seen the first of it, but Full House was on.*

I don't know much about the rest of the cast, but I think the leader of the group was cast perfectly, as it should be. That's Allwayne's stand.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
*hey, it keeps the 20-month old occupied and calm long enough for him to go to sleep.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Unit trigirl 03-09-06 1
 RE: The Unit flipxcyd 03-10-06 2
 RE: The Unit flipxcyd 04-01-06 3
   RE: The Unit newsomewayne 04-14-06 6
 RE: The Unit HobbsofMI 04-01-06 4
   RE: The Unit newsomewayne 04-14-06 7
 Note to Casting trigirl 04-02-06 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-09-06, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Unit"
Anything with Dennis Haysbert and Scott Folley on the same screen is worth watching in my book.

Even though it goes against my "not watching new shows that the network will cancel as soon as I get hooked" policy.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

flipxcyd 1053 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-10-06, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Unit"
I gotta disagree with you on this one. I keep imagining him as the President (24) or that dude with the Allstate commercial. Also, I couldn't ignore it, but I noticed he sort of had this pot belly action going on. He doesn't seem really convincing as the leader. Now, had he switched roles with Robert Patrick, maybe. If I can get pass all this, then maybe I can continue to watch this show.

It's sort of a "meh" reaction right now.

flipxcyd 1053 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-01-06, 01:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Unit"
Ok...last episode convinced me to set up a Season Pass for this show. I loved the part where the Allstate guy (LOL-Dennis Haysbert's character) convinced the female reporter to hold off from reporting the news about that man's family being kidnapped. "Consider this card your get-out-of-jail-free card". Intense.

It caught me off guard when one of the guys in the unit was ordered to go hunting. Little did I realize it was all just a mission. Too bad the wifey misunderstood it and had an affair with his superior. Sheez...

An arkiegrl siggie

04-14-06, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Unit"
The affair was ongoing before this episode.

Sigs by Bob! For the discerning palate!

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-06, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Unit"
What wrong with HBO Real Sex....Since I picked up HBO last month for the Sapronos I've seen the new In the Valley special...but still no Taxi Cab Confessions....

I've seen this show and it seems so fake. They get their jeeps all shot up and catch some bad guy they've been chasing for many years but they leave him unhandcuffed and he jumps out of the plane? Some great speical forces work there. I'm sorry it just is not real life for me.

sig by arkieglr and bouncy by IceCat

04-14-06, 12:02 PM (EST)
7. "RE: The Unit"
Instead of handcuffing him, his hands were tied behind him with zip ties. I think even some law enforcements use them now for certain situations.

Sigs by Bob! For the discerning palate!

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-02-06, 08:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Note to Casting"
Dear Casting Director,

You may have noticed that our star Denis Haysbert is 6'5". When casting bit parts and Washington dweebs please do not cast anyone under 6" it looks ridiculous. If you feel the need to honour existing contracts, please use the Tom Cruise stepping stool that we keep on set for vertically challenged actors.

Regards,
The Exec-Producer

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •