The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The L Word, Revisited"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-26-06, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The L Word, Revisited"
I was not thrilled with last season's L Word but this season the show seems to have hit its stride. Wondering if anyone else still watching.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The L Word, Revisited brvnkrz 03-17-06 1
 RE: The L Word, Revisited Glow 03-20-06 2
   RE: The L Word, Revisited ginger 03-20-06 3
       RE: The L Word, Revisited Glow 03-20-06 4
           RE: The L Word, Revisited brvnkrz 03-20-06 5
               RE: The L Word, Revisited ginger 03-22-06 9
                   RE: The L Word, Revisited brvnkrz 03-22-06 10
   RE: The L Word, Revisited HobbsofMI 03-21-06 6
       RE: The L Word, Revisited brvnkrz 03-21-06 7
           RE: The L Word, Revisited HobbsofMI 03-22-06 8
               RE: The L Word, Revisited Sonya 03-23-06 11
                   RE: The L Word, Revisited brvnkrz 03-23-06 12
                       RE: The L Word, Revisited Sonya 03-23-06 13
                           RE: The L Word, Revisited ginger 03-23-06 14
                               RE: The L Word, Revisited brvnkrz 03-23-06 15
                                   RE: The L Word, Revisited ginger 03-24-06 20
                                       RE: The L Word, Revisited brvnkrz 03-24-06 22
   Glowie brvnkrz 03-23-06 16
       RE: Glowie Glow 03-24-06 17
           RE: Glowie brvnkrz 03-24-06 18
               RE: Glowie Sonya 03-24-06 19
                   RE: Glowie ginger 03-24-06 21
                       RE: Glowie brvnkrz 03-24-06 23
                           RE: Glowie Sonya 03-27-06 24
                               RE: Glowie Glow 03-27-06 25
                               RE: Glowie brvnkrz 03-27-06 26
                                   RE: Glowie ginger 03-27-06 27
                                       RE: Glowie brvnkrz 03-27-06 28
                                       Oh, and... brvnkrz 03-27-06 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-06, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The L Word, Revisited"
Hi Sweetie,
I don't know why I didn't see this thread before. I just came here looking for the old L Word thread from season One.
I was liking this season until they killed Dana. I did NOT see that one coming.
Lots of interesting stories this year. I think we discussed this the last time we went out drinking, didn't we?
I'm not thrilled with the Moira/Jenny storyline but did laugh when Tim came back for last week's show and was thinking about what a nut Jenny is.
Still shocked about Dana. I thought that whole story line was leading back to Dana and Alice getting back together.

An awesome Arkie siggie

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-06, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The L Word, Revisited"
LAST EDITED ON 03-20-06 AT 10:43 AM (EST)

Glad bravie bumped this.
I'm still a fan of the show. I'm not loving the Jenny/Max storyline either. And yeah, wow, Dana's death really took me by surprise. I came downstairs hugging my stuffed monkey, crying, and said to DH, "Dana died." He said, "Who?" So I told him and he said, "Jeez. I thought you meant one of you friends." heh. *sigh*
Now what are they doing with Lara/Alice? Shane's getting married? Tina's with a dude? Lots of stuff going on this season. It'll keep me interested for sure.

03-20-06, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The L Word, Revisited"
I was surprised they bumped Dana off so quickly (although they pretty much warned us what would happen in the scenes the week before-they all but announced it would be the Very Special, Dana Dies Episode). Frankly, I never liked Dana as much as *some* of us do. However, she's more appealing as the young, winsome, flashback, closeted-and-then-not Dana than she was as the strident, Alice-crushing jock star.

The show is so odd and off at times I wonder why I watch, and yet there is something about the actresses that brings me back, particularly Alice and Bette. Jennifer Beales is always worth watching.

"If you believe that the right of a fetus to be born is more important than any right the woman carrying the child might have, but do not believe in making sure that every child has access to adequate health care, education, or any of the other basic needs an individual requires to become a functioning, capable, productive member of society, then you are NOT pro-life. You’re just pro-birth." -- Devious Weasel

03-20-06, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The L Word, Revisited"
I don't see the previews for the following week (I watch it On Demand), so I was surprised to see her die.

Yep. Bette and Alice. And Shane. I'm a Shane fan too.

I wouldn't mind seeing Tina killed off.

03-20-06, 10:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The L Word, Revisited"
I like Shane too. Not sure how I feel about her getting married though. But Carment is a hottie. I didn't like her character last year and I hated her hair. But yummmmmmy they did some transformations on her this year and she is one of my favorites.

Yes, Ginger was referring to me as the dorky Dana lover. I do like the flashbacks because they show the real hotness of her.
I think Erin Daniels is hot, maybe not Dana so much.

03-22-06, 03:48 PM (EST)
9. "RE: The L Word, Revisited"
You're hot when you're dorky.

I like Shane a bunch, too. I can understand her leaping at marriage out of grief over Dana's loss, but I hope they don't go through with it. Shane's character is not ready to go the monogomy route yet, and I don't want to see her and Carmen become The New Bette & Tina.

Here's hoping they also wind down the stoopid Kit and Studmuffin plotline, and give Max a penis and send him/her on his way....he could take Jenny with him (please?!).

And Angelica is incredibly cute.

03-22-06, 03:52 PM (EST)
10. "RE: The L Word, Revisited"
I just shake my head whenever Max/Moira is on screen. I am so not mature enough to deal with this subject matter yet. Not to mention the fact that the girl is just a terrible actress. Jenny? Gag. Make her go away.

An awesome Arkie siggie

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-06, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The L Word, Revisited"
Dana died.....dam I need to get Season 2 and then get Showtime...

sig by arkieglr and bouncy by IceCat

03-21-06, 05:56 PM (EST)
7. "RE: The L Word, Revisited"
You're missing quite a season. Get on it, Hobbs. I've been waiting for your opinion this year.

An awesome Arkie siggie

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-06, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The L Word, Revisited"
Yea....I need to get on it....lol....I'll be laid up next week for 4 days so I'll watch Season 2 then and then I might be able to talk Mrs. Hobbs into Sho...I just got her talked into HBO for the Saprono's. I also might have my HDTV so DTV will give me Sho for free. So many things to do and so little time....lol....

Dana was one of my fav's from season one though.

sig by arkieglr and bouncy by IceCat

Sonya 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-23-06, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sonya Click to send private message to Sonya Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The L Word, Revisited"
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-06 AT 02:08 PM (EST)

brvnkrz just told me about this thread this morning. I'm a huge L Word fan. I cried over Dana. I was shocked. I can't stand Moira. Don't know why Jenny puts up with her especially after she was messing witht he club promoter. I mean I thought Moira wanted to be a guy and liked women. It looked like he wanted to be a gay guy instead or something. I just think Moira/Max has issues and not one I care for. Jenny is my least favorite. I liked the wild Shane, but Carmen is a hottie. I'm ready for Bette to come a wild one. I'm glad Kit has hooked up. I hope Tina doesn't decided after being with a guy she wants women again. I'm afraid she might burn her bridges. No one has brought up the Helena twist either. I liked Tina and Helena together. I think Helena and Bette should take out their frustrations on each other. I could see them to having hot and steamy moments.

03-23-06, 03:11 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The L Word, Revisited"
I absolutely loathed Helena last season. But for some reason she is sort of growing on me this season. I hope they continue to make her more human. I like her vulnerable side.

An awesome Arkie siggie

03-23-06, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sonya Click to send private message to Sonya Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The L Word, Revisited"
I think Helena is hot. Not as hot as Carmen, but hot. In real life I wouldn't like her cuz of the Bette/Tina love triangle last year, but for tv she brought the drama.

03-23-06, 05:19 PM (EST)
14. "RE: The L Word, Revisited"
Although it's totally unrealistic, I like the way Helena's character has developed. And I felt genuinely sorry for her when the skeezy guy and his wife-in-denial tried to extort money from her.

HOWEVER, the next time they bring a new character in? I'd like it to be someone a little less gorgeous. As I've mentioned to Brave, the show gets a little nuts with its World Of 1,000 Beauteous Lesbians. Not every single gal on the show has to be model perfect, you know? Even the freaking meter readers are like Playboy candidates.

Of course, this aspect does NOT displease my boyfriend, nor do any of the more explicit sex scenes.

03-23-06, 06:19 PM (EST)
15. "RE: The L Word, Revisited"
Well, I would argue about Max being model perfect. As much as I dislike her character, she is at least a little more real as far as the lesbian look goes.

*sits in the corner by my butch self*

03-24-06, 04:36 PM (EST)
20. "RE: The L Word, Revisited"
Still, if they wanted to show a more honest, "butcher" lesbian, why a person who is considering transgender ops? I think being a man trapped in a woman's body is sort of different than being a woman who loves women. Max was supposed to be the "not completely unrealistically beautiful" lesbian, but it seems they felt they had to take that to an extreme.

*sits down next to your little butch self and buys little butch self a drink*

03-24-06, 09:45 PM (EST)
22. "RE: The L Word, Revisited"
True, I hadn't thought of it that way. I think I'm going to have to go to LA and see if they'll give me a part. *grin*

Mmmmmmm, Cosmos at The Boulevard. *toasts Ginger*

03-23-06, 06:20 PM (EST)
16. "Glowie"
It's so weird to me whenever you refer to me as Bravie or Knockers. It must be strange for you to call me that. *smooch*

An awesome Arkie siggie

03-24-06, 10:43 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Glowie"
heh. Yes Carey, it is very weird for me. I type in your real name and then go "oops. better fix that." I just feel funny calling you knockers now. It's very strange for me. Thank you for realizing this.

Regarding Helena, I never figured out how one second she's all hateful and hated and the next she's all loving and loved. I either missed something or there's a slight plot hole.

03-24-06, 11:20 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Glowie"
i think they can't figure out whether to make her a good guy or a bad guy and so they are sort of doing both to see which gets a better reaction. It was sort of the same thing with Marina in the first season.

An awesome Arkie siggie

03-24-06, 12:06 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Glowie"
I also mess up and try to call brvnkrz her "real" name. LOL!

I never figured out how Helena got in with the group either.

03-24-06, 04:38 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Glowie"
I never use her real name. But then, she never calls me anything but Ginger, even IRL.

Plus, she IS brave. And, well, a little crazy.

And she has these splendid knockers, too.

03-24-06, 09:47 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Glowie"
*adjusts oobies* You mean your real name isn't Ginger?

Funny that you say that I never call you by your real name. I was going through my phone messages today and your message says "Hey Brave, this is /Ginger..."
As if I wouldn't know who you were if you just said your real first name. *giggle* You're so cute. It made me smile.

03-27-06, 09:42 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Glowie"
What did you think of the season finale last night? Does Max not care that Jenny sleep with the other chic? Is Shane's dad a piece of crap or what? Does Allison and Lara really have feeling for one another? Will Helena survive w/o mummy's money? Will Bette really run or turn around? Will Kit have her baby? Will Tina stay with this guy? Will Shane try to get Carmen back? Will Carmen ever have anything else to do with Shane? Did anyone know Helena's mom was in the closet? When does the season return?

03-27-06, 09:54 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Glowie"
What did you think of the season finale last night?
Season finale? I didn't even know it was the season finale. I liked it. Lots of stuff hanging.

Does Max not care that Jenny sleep with the other chic?
Something violent is going to happen with Max at some point. Jenny is horrible.

Is Shane's dad a piece of crap or what?
Piece of crap or not, I liked that storyline a lot.

Does Allison Alice and Lara really have feeling for one another?
Of course they do. These may be we're-going-through-this-together feelings, but feelings nonetheless. I hope it works out for them.

Will Helena survive w/o mummy's money?
I think so. She has great friends to help her out however they can.

Will Bette really run or turn around?
I was wondering the same thing.

Will Kit have her baby?
I was wondering the same thing.

Will Tina stay with this guy?
I doubt it. I hope not. I hate this storyline. Hate it.

Will Shane try to get Carmen back?
Maybe. But I don't think she will.

Will Carmen ever have anything else to do with Shane?
She's on a new sitcom. I was wondering how she'd balance the two. Maybe she's leaving the show?

Did anyone know Helena's mom was in the closet?
Never really thought about it. Didn't think much of it.

When does the season return?
*pout*

03-27-06, 09:56 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Glowie"
Lots of unanswered questions. I hope they aren't getting rid of Carmen. I knew that Shane wasn't going to go through with it.
I'm not happy with Alice and Lara getting together. GF says that if that's what gets them through this then it is okay. It's not okay with me.
Shane's Dad is an #####hole. I saw that coming although I wouldn't have guessed he would rip of Helena.
Bette is blowing it. I wish she hadn't done that. And I think Tina's new boyfriend is a little too possesive and threatened. Me no like him right now.
I hope Kit doesn't have the baby.
I'm loving the Helena thing. I'm really starting to like her.
And yes, we knew about Peggy. It was either last season or early this season that they explored that. I believe she even hit on Bette at one point. That was great when she got in the limo and kissed the pastor. *snort*
Can't wait for the new season.

An awesome Arkie siggie

03-27-06, 02:42 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Glowie"
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-06 AT 02:43 PM (EST)

You knew Shane's Evil Dad would be, well, evil, because Eric Roberts played him. I haven't seen Eric Roberts play a good guy since King of the Gypsies (when Judd Hirsch - tee! hee! - played the bad guy). I like Eric a lot better than Julia.

I think Laura and Alice are not unusual - a lot of instant passion springs out of the loss of a loved one. I think it would be much better for both of them to leave it alone soon. Otherwise, there will always be a ghostly third party to the relationship.

Glad Shane and Carmen didn't do it. It just was not in keeping with Shane's character, and then we'd see the nasty divorce in epiode 2 or so of next season. Much as I like Carmen, and hot thought the two of them may be, I really like Shane the Dog. Inappropriate Crush #2,067, I guess.

Helena is, indeed, the bonus character of the season. I am okay with losing Dana to gain Helena. I knew her mother was in the closet but I can't remember why. Great actress, that lady who plays her.

I never saw Jenny and Max as a passionate, monogomous thing. They just sort of fell into it while on their road trip. If Jenny wants to go back to guys, she has completely wasted a lot of our time. If she doesn't, Max ain't the gal for her. I would like them both to move to Alaska, taking Kitt's babydaddy with them. And Tina. And Tina's hetero guy. Leave Bette to us.

Kitt have the baby? Fuggedabout it. I don't want to hear all about the dangers of being 55 and pregnant. One baby that needs to be constantly carried per show is plenty.

That was a FAST season!

I want to go zip lining!

03-27-06, 03:39 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Glowie"
I told Michelle last night that I now put zip lines ahead of bungee jumping. And everytime one of them went down the line I yelled "wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" Michelle was laughing at me. *grin*

An awesome Arkie siggie

03-27-06, 03:42 PM (EST)
29. "Oh, and..."
There was an episode telling us about Peggy's earlier dips into the lesbian pool.

An awesome Arkie siggie

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •