The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Showtime's (Possible) Chaunukah Prezzie to Ginger-Arrested Development?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-14-05, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Showtime's (Possible) Chaunukah Prezzie to Ginger-Arrested Development?"
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051214/en_nm/arrested_dc

I was crossing fingers that Comedy Central or someone might do this.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Showtime's (Possible) Chaunukah... Bebo 12-14-05 1
 RE: Showtime's (Possible) Chaunukah... CattyChat 12-14-05 2
   RE: Showtime's (Possible) Chaunukah... ginger 12-15-05 3
       RE: Showtime's (Possible) Chaunukah... Bebo 12-15-05 4
 RE: Showtime's (Possible) Chaunukah... Fishercat 01-11-06 5
   Could be alphabetical Bebo 01-11-06 6
       RE: Could be alphabetical ginger 01-11-06 7
           RE: Could be alphabetical Fishercat 01-11-06 8
               RE: Could be alphabetical Bebo 01-12-06 9
                   RE: Could be alphabetical Fishercat 01-12-06 10
 Update Fishercat 01-16-06 11
 RE: Showtime's (Possible) Chaunukah... Fishercat 01-26-06 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-05, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Showtime's (Possible) Chaunukah Prezzie to Ginger-Arrested Development?"
I've already told hubby that we may be adding Showtime to our cable package.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-14-05, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Showtime's (Possible) Chaunukah Prezzie to Ginger-Arrested Development?"
Ooh, I hope so. I'm still simmering because of its cancellation. Fingers & toes are crossed.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

12-15-05, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Showtime's (Possible) Chaunukah Prezzie to Ginger-Arrested Development?"
If it DOES get picked up, cancellation from Fux could be a boon. Because you have so much more flexibility on cable. And no commercials!

12-15-05, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Showtime's (Possible) Chaunukah Prezzie to Ginger-Arrested Development?"
But you know, I would really miss the bleeps. Part of the fun is when they bleep stuff out. They wouldn't have to bleep on Showtime.

Maybe they will anyway.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-11-06, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Showtime's (Possible) Chaunukah Prezzie to Ginger-Arrested Development?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-11-06 AT 07:58 PM (EST)

Honestly, I don't care who picks it up. Showtime, HBO, NBC, Comedy Central, freaking Lifetime, I don't care. I just want someone to save it from the moronic executives at FOX who didn't even promote the show enough to gain an audience.

If this is cancelled forever right as I am rolling through the first two seasons and waiting for the third for next Christmas (hopefully), I will be extremely pissed off.

If there's one thing more annoying than my habit of not finding some amazing shows until the second or third season (24, Lost...), it's finding the show then it getting cancelled.

Amazing show, so witty, great references, my goodness...

ETA: And honestly, if FOX promoted it adequately (I do not remember seeing a single ADev ad, on it's own, ever. It was always the "after the Simpsons, Arrested Development"), the ratings would be high enough to justify keeping such a great cast and filming costs. Every show has it's place, but when a treat like AD comes along, it always seems to be on FOX and they always seem to jump off the bandwagon. Even when they don't, they don't exactly keep clear relations with the cast (as Alia Shawkat (Maeby) and Michael Cera (George Michael) have stated, and harkens all the way back to the more blunt, but still hilarious, Married...With Children when the cast didn't even know that they had been cancelled). It's a real shame, especially with "War at Home" getting ad time and actual clips on television.

I don't blame the American public completely (although some people would be offended, and some wouldn't get it), moreso the shameful "promotion" for the show.

ETF: Spellin' y'all!

01-11-06, 05:23 PM (EST)
6. "Could be alphabetical"
Read on E!'s site that ABC would love to pick it up. But until Fox officially cancels it, noone can have it, which is why we're in wait and see mode.

01-11-06, 05:59 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Could be alphabetical"
I'm still rooting for Showtime. Since I already have Showtime.

But anything that keeps the show around
I just rewatched some Andy Richter and it is horrible to think of the waste.

BOUNCE:

Esp. when shows like fvcking "War at Home" are on.

01-11-06, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Could be alphabetical"
LAST EDITED ON 01-11-06 AT 08:04 PM (EST)

I'm with you, on the condition that AD isn't limited in what they can do by toning down the material.

Really though, anything to keep it alive, and if that means I have to ask to be able to order a package to see it, or get the DVDs, so be it.

ETA: I'd love to see NBC pick it up. Something like a Scrubs/Earl/AD/Office Thursday night would give NBC one of the best comedy lineups in recent history for any day.

01-12-06, 07:35 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Could be alphabetical"
Mr. B and I have already decided we'll get Showtime if they pick up the show. That was a no brainer decision.

We already have the DVDs. I had to make sure I've got something good to watch during the upcoming middle of the night feedings.

01-12-06, 05:17 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Could be alphabetical"
Just finished the second season set, I just wish FOX would repeat part of the third season...ever. Even if they put it on FX for repeats, I wouldn't care. Of course, FOX is wasting a huge resource with FX. They have the good original shows, but I'm willing to believe that they would get very good cable ratings if they had a set schedule of repeats for shows on FX. For instance, if they have the AI Show on Tuesdays at 9, they could show a repeat at Fridays on 9 for instance, for people who are simply looking for something to watch or missed it the first time. They could do that with 24 (although that's hit elsewhere), Prison Break, House, you name it. For the longer running shows (really, anything above 40 episodes), they could show older versions daily. I'd love to see the first season of AI...

Yes, yet another FOX rant. Thank you David Cross on the bloopers.

On the main topic, even if I didn't pick up Showtime (and for AD, I might) the show keeps going, so the DVDs come out.

01-16-06, 01:43 AM (EST)
11. "Update"
http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1148667_3|89677||0_0_,00.html

The article's top says that two networks have made official offers to make a 4th season of AD.

Also, rumors I read on the biggest AD Fansite I've seen said that one of the grips and another confirmed employee have talked about the new season. Quoting the thread from the Balboa Observer-Picayune (the fansite)

"...anything can happen, but we're being told the 4th season will start up in July...actually prepping and relighting the sets will start in July...actual shooting will start in Aug. They struck all the sets except Lucille's penthouse...and the model home we took down all the backings accept the huge one outside the penthouse....it hangs on a track which is staying up....the electricians are taking down all the lights....we're leaving the whole pipe grid up that the lights hang on over every set....that would have been 2 more weeks of wrap to get all that down..."

I have only spoken with this gentleman through E-Mails & don't want to assume authenticity, but everything he has told me has been damn realistic and convincing. To possibly reinforce their authenticity, I have a message from back in 8/29 that states:

"...there are many departments working on a movie set....grip dept. being the most important....the "key" grip is the boss. We do lighting,camera movement, and misc. rigging....this show is quite easy compared to most for a few reasons...we have 2 HD cameras rolling all the time that are "handheld" meaning no dollies or cranes....
we spent 2 weeks lighting all the sets....this allows us to move from set to set and not have to monkey around with lighting them everytime. We mount the cameras in cars sometimes when we "go out"each episode is shot in 5 days....3 on stage,2 around town. Although I'm a key grip for 20 years, i'm not the key on this one..."

Arrested fans, cross your fingers and hope that this news is encouraging for a fourth season.

Bob Factoid: The fishercat is the only creature known to have gone completely insane chasing its own tail.

01-26-06, 08:30 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Showtime's (Possible) Chaunukah Prezzie to Ginger-Arrested Development?"
A reminder, the last four episodes of the season will be shown on 2/10 starting at 8 EST...

Bob Factoid: The fishercat is the only creature known to have gone completely insane chasing its own tail.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •