The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Which Shows to Keep?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-20-05, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Which Shows to Keep?"
Ok, you've had your chance to watch the new fall shows for a few weeks now. Which are keepers?

I'm going to keep watching My Name is Earl & How I Met Your Mother.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Which Shows to Keep? CattyChat 10-20-05 1
 RE: Which Shows to Keep? flipxcyd 10-20-05 2
 RE: Which Shows to Keep? Bebo 10-20-05 3
 RE: Which Shows to Keep? bullzeye 10-21-05 4
   Prison Break Bebo 10-22-05 7
       RE: Prison Break flipxcyd 10-22-05 8
           RE: Prison Break CattyChat 10-23-05 9
               RE: Prison Break flipxcyd 10-23-05 10
 RE: Which Shows to Keep? Breezy 10-21-05 5
   RE: Which Shows to Keep? bullzeye 10-21-05 6
 RE: Which Shows to Keep? Draco Malfoy 11-04-05 11
   RE: Which Shows to Keep? willinCal 11-04-05 13
       RE: Which Shows to Keep? Draco Malfoy 11-10-05 14
 RE: Which Shows to Keep? okaychatt 11-04-05 12
 RE: Which Shows to Keep? Molaholic 11-11-05 15
 RE: Which Shows to Keep? dougray 11-23-05 16
 RE: Which Shows to Keep? KScott 11-26-05 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-20-05, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Which Shows to Keep?"
I checked out a bunch & many lost their must-see need, but I hope the following stick around:

My Name is Earl (part of Great Sitcom Block w/The Office)
Kitchen Confidential (part of Great Sitcom Block w/Arrested Dev.)
Supernatural

I'm on the fence with:
Nightstalker (I had such high hopes)

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

flipxcyd 1053 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-20-05, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Which Shows to Keep?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-05 AT 01:35 PM (EST)

NEW shows:
Kitchen Confidential
Commander in Chief
E-Ring
Ghost Whisperer
My Name Is Earl (forgot to add this one)

Dropped out after 2 episodes....
Invasion
Threshold
The Apprentice: Martha Stewart

Not necessarily NEW, but just started watching this season:
Medium
Grey's Anatomy

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-05, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Which Shows to Keep?"
Kept:

Earl - I actually let him go for two weeks (one deliberately, one accidentally because of stoopid DVR), but had to put him back into my regular TV watching. That's the only absolute, have to watch, not gonna miss anymore of the newbies for me.

Kinda sticking around: I watch, but I won't cry if I miss them.

Kitchen Confidential - Definitely not missing the Michael Vartan episode. Bradley and Michael together again? *swoon*

Threshold - With a cast including Carla Gugino, Brent Spiner, and Peter Dinklage, I'll forgive this show for its numerous shortcomings.

Not enough room in the schedule for:

Everybody Hates Chris - If it were in a different time slot, I'd watch, but it's third on my list for Thursday at 8pm, and I can only DVR/watch 2 shows at a time.

Never figured out what the hype was all about:

How I Met Your Mother - The first episode was OK, but the second one I watched was rather boring. This is your basic, run of the mill sitcom. So what?

Invasion

Commander in Chief - If it can't make me turn on TARF, then it's just not that compelling. I can't believe I'd rather watch people whine in the car as they search for the biggest office chair in the world than watch this show - that's just a sad statement on the show.

| |

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-21-05, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Which Shows to Keep?"
Not necessarily in order:

1. Earl - just love Jason Lee, don't know why - just do. And, the supporting cast is really growing on me.
2. Kitchen Confidential - read the book, like the show and the Monday timeslot works well.
3. Prison Break - very suprised at how much I am enjoying the dark, broodiness of this one.
4. Everyone Hates Chris - this one is starting to wane but will give it a couple more chances.

In fairness, the baseball playoffs have killed some momentum, but, IMO, the above shows are good enough to ride it out.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-05, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Prison Break"
Oh my heck, can't believe I forgot to list that one! It's must-see in my household. Ranks right up behind Earl on my TV viewing list.

| |

10-22-05, 05:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Prison Break"
Sunday's my chance to catch up. Fox is having a Prison Break marathon starting at 12pm with the catch up episode airing last.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-05, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Prison Break"
Sunday's my chance to catch up. Fox is having a Prison Break marathon starting at 12pm with the catch up episode airing last.

After reading so many good things about this show, I am taping all the back eps today, so I can check the show out, too.

Personally, I wish they'd do this with more "critically acclaimed" new shows. There are many shows that I hear are great, after the fact, and I just never tune in, because I feel like if I haven't seen it from the beginning, I probably missed too many important plot points and so I don't bother with it.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

10-23-05, 02:53 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Prison Break"
Whoops...my bad. It's on the FX Network. Good thing my Tivo remembers it. =)

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-05, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Which Shows to Keep?"
New ones to keep-

Invasion
How I Met Your Mother... gives me gigglepants all the time. Doogie cracks me up all the time.

hmmmm when is this Earl on? Everyone seems to like it, I must check it out.

I've been Gothed.

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-21-05, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Which Shows to Keep?"
9PM EST on Tuesdays - same time as the Race - so I usually tape it and watch it Wednesday's...

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-05, 07:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Which Shows to Keep?"
The only ones we've allowed ourselves to get into are Kitchen Confidential and How I Met Your Mother. We gave Supernatural a shot but it was just too formulaic for our tastes.

Thank god for TiVo, since for some reason all the shows we like seem to come on at the same times.

"Speaking of Draco, he has serious issues, still, the little snot." - kathliam

willinCal 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-04-05, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail willinCal Click to send private message to willinCal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Which Shows to Keep?"
Even with the dual tuner Tivo I've got, there are a couple of time slots where THREE shows I like come on at the same time. Fortunately, I've got the old standby....a VCR hooked up to an additional receiver. (gasp!)

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

11-10-05, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Which Shows to Keep?"
Oh, I have the same problem. Or worse, because the networks like to start their shows a minute early or late, if 2 shows I want to watch come on at the same time (How I Met Your Mother and Kitchen Confidential), I can't record a show that comes on right after it (WWE RAW). So I do the same as you, record wrestling in the bedroom.

"Speaking of Draco, he has serious issues, still, the little snot." - kathliam

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-04-05, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Which Shows to Keep?"
<My Name is Earl

I watched this the first time last Tuesday, and I'll be on NBC for this show each week.

It's quirky.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-05, 11:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Which Shows to Keep?"
Commander In Chief -- even though the episodes are already getting a little trite. I tape it on my other DirectTV receiver and watch later in the week. Tuesday I let the tape roll on and caught Boston Legal for the first time.

LA Law meets Twin Peaks.

Shatner was just creepy.
The clown story was just stoopid.
The beastiality story was just bizarre (though it was nice to see Henry Gibson again!)

dougray 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-23-05, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dougray Click to send private message to dougray Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Which Shows to Keep?"
Keepers(for now):
- The War At Home (only because it's sandwiched between The Simpsons and Family Guy, both of which I record and watch when having a few brews...)
- Surface (I actually watch this one live... I'm a sucker for a mystery, even if it is a half-baked one)
- How I Met Your Mother (NPH is hilarious!!)
- Kitchen Confidential (presuming it makes it back to the airwaves...)
- Prison Break (best new drama of the fall season)
- My Name Is Earl (best new comedy of the fall season)
- Commander In Chief
- Supernatural (it's fun!)
- Threshold (something tells me it is not long for this world though... great cast, average execution)
- The Apprentice:Martha Stewart (only because I started and want to see it through -- thankfully, no "Season 2")
- Invasion
- Reunion (shitty ratings could hurt it's chance of lasting, but against CSI that is to be expected -- and it's had some neat twists so far)
- Close To Home (found it's groove on Friday's... we'll see how long I stick around...)

Already dropped:
- Night Stalker(lost out to Reunion during a busy timeslot -- mostly becuase it wasn't that great...)
- Everybody Loves Chris (was OK, but not as great as hyped... and I don't get UPN, so finding this on other channels consistently was a PITA)

Never bothered with:
Everything else.

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-05, 00:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Which Shows to Keep?"
Keep: Criminal Minds, yes it took the place of Lost for me but this way I can buy the 2nd season DVD set of Lost and actually not know what happens...

Also want to keep Close to Home, I am glad they moved it to Friday nights because I like Law & Order SVU and hated missing that.

A Syren original
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •