The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Invasion"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-30-05, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Invasion"
Anyone watching this? I liked the first episode okay. It is definitely visually appealing. I have a feeling that it is an "Invasion of the Body Snatchers"-type show.

A PhoenixMons(ter) Creation

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Invasion Loree 09-30-05 1
 RE: Invasion willinCal 09-30-05 2
 RE: Invasion bystander 10-01-05 3
 RE: Invasion kathliam 10-02-05 4
 RE: Invasion zombiebaby 10-02-05 5
 RE: Invasion buckeyegirl 10-02-05 6
   RE: Invasion Swami 10-03-05 10
 RE: Invasion DRONES 10-03-05 7
 RE: Invasion Breezy 10-03-05 8
 RE: Invasion bystander 10-03-05 9
 RE: Invasion mrc 12-11-05 11
   RE: Invasion bystander 12-12-05 12
 RE: Invasion mrc 01-12-06 13
   RE: Invasion Bebo 01-12-06 14
       RE: Invasion bystander 01-12-06 15
           RE: Invasion Das Mole 01-12-06 16
               RE: Invasion mrc 01-13-06 17
                   RE: Invasion Das Mole 01-13-06 18
                       RE: Invasion mrc 01-13-06 19
                           RE: Invasion Das Mole 01-13-06 20
                               RE: Invasion bystander 01-13-06 21
 1/18 episode mrc 01-19-06 22
   RE: 1/18 episode bystander 01-20-06 23
 And the Award for Most Improved Sho... CattyChat 01-21-06 24
 2/8 Episode anyone? bystander 02-10-06 25
   The sheriff moonbaby 02-10-06 26
   RE: 2/8 Episode anyone? CattyChat 02-10-06 27
   RE: 2/8 Episode anyone? mrc 02-17-06 28
       RE: 2/8 Episode anyone? bystander 02-18-06 29
 RE: Invasion Loree 02-21-06 30
 RE: Invasion mrc 03-16-06 31
   RE: Invasion bystander 03-16-06 32
 Returns Tonight....Anyone care? bystander 04-19-06 33
   RE: Returns Tonight....Anyone care? Snidget 04-19-06 34
       RE: Returns Tonight....Anyone care? mrc 04-22-06 35
 4-26 episode mrc 04-27-06 36
   RE: 4-26 episode bystander 04-28-06 37
 5-3 episode mrc 05-05-06 38
   RE: 5-3 episode MollyTV 05-07-06 39
       RE: 5-3 episode Elaine0 05-08-06 40
           RE: 5-3 episode mrc 05-08-06 41
 5-10 Episode bystander 05-11-06 42
 Report: Invasion canceled SurvivorBlows 05-15-06 43
   RE: Report: Invasion canceled bystander 05-15-06 44
       RE: Report: Invasion canceled CouchTater 05-20-06 46
   RE: Report: Invasion canceled mrc 05-20-06 47
 5/17 Last Episode Ever! bystander 05-18-06 45

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-30-05, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Invasion"
I am watching. I liked the first ep and after the second ep I'm still watching. And yes it does seem to be body snatchers.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

willinCal 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-30-05, 08:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail willinCal Click to send private message to willinCal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Invasion"
Gotta agree too, although it has lost my interest.

bystander 4967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-01-05, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Invasion"
I'm still watching, and liking it. We'll see how the storyline develops.

kathliam 3666 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-02-05, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Invasion"
'Invasion' is the only program I've managed to talk DH into sitting all the way through. 'Body Snatchers' was also the connection he made, but he said he liked the show.

It's not worth buying an entire pig, just to get a little sausage.

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-05, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Invasion"
Hey Sis!

I have been watching it. I like it. Tons of plotholes but I can overlook them.

The sherriff guy is creepy.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-05, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Invasion"
LAST EDITED ON 10-02-05 AT 08:50 PM (EST)

I'm watching it. I think it's a great follow up to Lost, but while I really liked the first episode, the second one bored me a little. I guess I'm just a little hestitant to watch a sci-fi show on a network other then well, the Sci Fi network...mainly because they tend to kill the show before letting the plot get going. (Ok, I'm still bitter that Fox killed everyone off of the little watched and known Space, Above & Beyond.

An ARnutz!

Swami 5883 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-05, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Invasion"
SciFi Friday on the SciFi channel is sacred around here and has been for a long time. It's in reruns for a while now, but their Friday line-up is dynamite. When those shows go back to new episodes (in January?) I'm gonna drop these network shows just. like. that.

I wish the stupid networks would spread Sci Fi shows over more than one night. Us Sci Fi fans could watch more of 'em!

DRONES 611 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-03-05, 02:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DRONES Click to send private message to DRONES Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Invasion"
All of these shows have a similarity to The 4400, which I really like. I've watched all of them(Invasion, Threshold, Surface) and thus far I'm not very impressed.

DRONES

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-05, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Invasion"
I agree with MRC. *grin*

What?

10-03-05, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Invasion"
OK, one problem I DO have with the show is this: Alligators.

The show takes place in the Everglades.

The Everglades have many Alligators.

People on this show wander around in the dark without much concern about stumbling onto Alligators. (i.e., TV reporter wife going to get generator from shed, next to swamp, in dark, 1/2 mile behind house. Little girl wandering off during Hurricane to find kitty, next to swamp, in the dark. Park Ranger guy retrieving dog-tags after walking waist high, through the swamp in the dark.)

OK I'm not good at remembering names. That's it for now. I still like it.

12-11-05, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Invasion"
The last ne episode was the best yet. I was getting bored with it, but the sheriff dude is bad news. "Here's a chainsaw--you know what to do." That's messed up!

A Slice of Us for the Rest of Us!

12-12-05, 11:42 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Invasion"
Oh man that was eerie. I saw it coming from a mile away but still, listening to the guy scream as he cut off his own arm with a chainsaw? Yikes!

Seasonally appropriate greetings by Bob!

01-12-06, 12:39 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Invasion"
Honestly, this show is getting better and better. I'm not sure how long the plot can last, but it's enough for one season, at least.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-06, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Invasion"
I gave it another try last night, and it was pretty interesting. Don't know if it makes my appointment TV list yet, but I'll probably give it another chance.

01-12-06, 03:30 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Invasion"
I agree that this is definitely getting better. It's one of my favorite new shows. People are starting to believe the Sheriff is evil. His wife now knows she's an alien and is going to fight the full upgrade process. The kids are missing. What or who is in the locked room? Nailbiters I tell ya.

Plus, a bonus; there's no mysterious CGI black cloud floating around.

Das Mole 2364 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

01-12-06, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Invasion"
"Plus, a bonus; there's no mysterious CGI black cloud floating around."

LMAO. I love Lost, but that had to have been the dumbest thing I've seen on the show ever, and I almost wanted to change the channel...in that one moment the show added another genre its list: sci-fi. And I hate sci-fi.

On the topic of Invasion...I saw the first part of the first episode and it seemed really dumb to me. It doesn't seem interesting at all and the location is terrible, it's very dull.

And is it just me, or does every commercial for Invasion show Muriel (or whatever her name is) in the f*cking bathtub?

01-13-06, 12:42 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Invasion"
This week, there was ahot college girl in a tub. They switch it up occasionally.

01-13-06, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Invasion"
So what's w/all the tubs, then?

01-13-06, 02:36 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Invasion"
Snarky answer: Ppfizer is a sponsor?

Real answer: They are a convenient way to submerge one's self in water. The hybrids like the water.

01-13-06, 03:32 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Invasion"
Oh...I knew there were aliens and that water was important but...I didn't quite make the connection, lol.

01-13-06, 03:35 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Invasion"
See, now you know it's interesting and you'll continue to watch.

Unless you're more into those unbelievably fake looking black clouds.....

01-19-06, 12:36 PM (EST)
22. "1/18 episode"
Wow. This show keeps getting better and better. I will say this, though. People complain about how the Lost writers seem to be making things up as they go along. I strongly disagree with that opinion, but I think it applies to Invasion. There are a lot of loose threads with this show, some of which are coming together, but others of which are still dangling with no seeming resolution in sight.

The whole Russell-Larkin relationship is bugging me. I hate it when "heroes" have to lie to their significant others for the greater good. It is so cliche, and last night offered up a healthy serving of it.

01-20-06, 09:20 AM (EST)
23. "RE: 1/18 episode"
I agree MRC. This show does indeed keep getting better. Now we have the militant mutant group down in the keys? What's up with that? Are they going to take Homestead by force? Who's calling on the phone all disgruntled. Are there factions of mutants forming? So many questions. And what's up with Muriel? Did she agree to embrace the change? I hope not.

I was surprised that Russell told Larkin about the whole alien thing. As he was trying to explain I was thinking, Right, Like she's gonna believe THAT.

I can't wait to see what happens next.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-21-06, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "And the Award for Most Improved Show goes to . . ."
I have the say that I HATED the first ep of this show & thought it was really ridiculous & hokey and I figured it would be yanked fairly quickly.

Then, a funny thing happened. A few shows in, it actually got a little better. The last couple of episodes were actually entertaining & the show is not playing like a BAD nighttime soap anymore.

I'm actually semi-into this show now. I think the only reason the show wasn't pulled right away (like some shows that actually start out much better) is because Invasion was handed the Lost lead-in on a silver platter. I'm glad they didn't waste such a blessing & are now actually trying to put out a good show.

I'll keep watching now and hope Invasion stays on its game and continues to improve.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

02-10-06, 02:55 PM (EST)
25. "2/8 Episode anyone?"
Is anyone still watching? This is another show that just keeps getting better (Surface watchers, you know what I mean).

That hybrid creature running around the house and garage was freaky.

I really dislike the sheriff. Never would have guessed the priest as the shooter. He seemed to be so loyal.

I wonder why the deputy's arm hasn't regenerated again, eventhough he cut it off. It seems like it should.

Anyone else out there?

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-06, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "The sheriff"
kept reminding me of someone. I finally realized who it is-Christopher Walken! Creeeeepy. He's very good. Loved when he said something like "you call us hybrids? How trendy!" And the thing in the garage-when I first saw the eyes I knew it was going to be a mutant Dave. That little story line was freaky and yet oddly touching.

I keep expecting the deputy's arm to renew itself, too! Maybe it will!

It was hilarious that during the show they aired the migraine meds commercial with the young actress who plays the psycho girl (who killed her mother). She'll make mincemeat out of the priest at the Camp for Evil Hybrids.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-10-06, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: 2/8 Episode anyone?"
I'm still watching, Bystander, but I haven't gotten around to the 2/8 episode yet. Can't wait to see it (probably watch it tonight & DVR the opening ceremony).

I am with you 100% that this show has gotten so much better. I could barely watch the first 2 eps & I quit watching. When I tuned back in, it actually got good. (I also agree about Surface, except I thought Surface started good, died a bit in the middle & all of a sudden is really interesting again.)

Kind Creation of ARNutz

02-17-06, 09:15 AM (EST)
28. "RE: 2/8 Episode anyone?"
The Dave-hybrid was pretty dumb, IMHO. And can Ciara (or however you spell her name) BE any more annoying? </Chandler voice>

02-18-06, 01:26 PM (EST)
29. "RE: 2/8 Episode anyone?"
Well now that she's taken a midnight swim with the funky glowing sea creatures she'll probably develop a personality.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-06, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Invasion"
I have finally given up on this show. I realized I was FFing through the last couple eps. So I didn't even watch the last one. I'm done.

03-16-06, 11:32 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Invasion"
I thought last night's episode lost some of the momentum that had been building.

If I see Muriel in the bathtub again, I'm gonna hurl something at the TV. Anyone ever wonder why the sheriff doesn't take as many baths as his wife?

I hope Annoying Hybrid Girl is dead. She was getting on my nerves.

Does anyone know if this show has been picked up for next season?

Ferociously purrfected by thndrkttn

03-16-06, 02:31 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Invasion"
It looks like Annoying Hybrid Girl and her baby's Daddy are both dead but who knows. She's gonna hatch something next episode though. Wonder what it'll be. A litter of glowing red hybrids? Blech.

I did like how Muriel told the sheriff that she won't be hatching anything for him anytime soon. He didn't seem to like that answer. I guess he hasn't been hittin it since the hurricane or I'm guessing she would've been pregnant by now also.

I hate how they put new episodes of Invasion on after reruns of Lost. It throws my whole schedule off and I end up missing half the episode.

04-19-06, 10:03 AM (EST)
33. "Returns Tonight....Anyone care?"
After falling off the TV schedule for quite a while it returns tonight with a new episode. Is anyone watching?

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-06, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Returns Tonight....Anyone care?"
DVR should be set to record it, so I'll probably watch it soon. The taking it on and off the schedule rather than showing re-runs can't be good for the ratings.

Imaginary friends by Bob!

04-22-06, 06:28 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Returns Tonight....Anyone care?"
Meh. It was an okay episode. I'm hating the fake backgrounds. They're so obvious.

Ferociously purrfected by thndrkttn

04-27-06, 07:10 PM (EST)
36. "4-26 episode"
Last night's episode was pretty good. There is a lot of tension in the plot right now, with another hurricane coming and a potential invasion by the hybrids. Cool stuff!

04-28-06, 10:30 AM (EST)
37. "RE: 4-26 episode"
I agree. Tensions are building between the humans and the hybrids and it won't take much of a spark to ignite the powderkeg.

Don't even tell me that the sheriff is going to end up being a good guy after all is said and done. He's so skeezy man. Can't stand him.

Frankly I don't know why the humans are still hanging around. I would've packed up the truck and moved to Beverly by now. And I sure as hell wouldn't be sending my kids to that hybrid school!!!!

05-05-06, 10:35 AM (EST)
38. "5-3 episode"
It's getting better. I really like the direction of plot. It reminds me of "V," for some reason. I hope the show gets a chance to have a second season.

My only question is: if the hybrids take over the town, how will the rest of the world respond? Or are we supposed to assume that the hybrids can keep their concentration camps secret?

MollyTV 480 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-07-06, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MollyTV Click to send private message to MollyTV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: 5-3 episode"
i hope someone can help me.

does anyone know the real name of the woman who played rose's teacher on the last episode?

i think she is the daughter of someone famous or there is some reason i recognize her and can't figure it out....she wasn't on the credits at the end.
help.
mollytv

Elaine0 1507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-08-06, 06:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: 5-3 episode"
does anyone know the real name of the woman who played rose's teacher on the last episode?

Her name is Tina Holmes. I don't know anything else about her.

05-08-06, 01:43 PM (EST)
41. "RE: 5-3 episode"
She was on L&O SVU (with Dean Cain) recently.

05-11-06, 09:40 AM (EST)
42. "5-10 Episode"
Yikes! This episode was really disturbing to me in a WWII Concentration Camp kind of way. The whole genocide during the hurricane feel of it was really creepy. The whole hybrid breeding room/maternity ward was really creepy.

Props to Dave for subduing 2 hybrids in his garage.
Props to Kira for volunteering to run for help.

I hope the writers leave us some hope at the end of next week's episode in case this thing isn't renewed for another year.

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-06, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "Report: Invasion canceled"
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-06 AT 04:12 PM (EST)

Bummer... I'm one of the ones still watching. NBC also apparently confirmed Surface is dead today, so last fall's Lost knockoffs ended up going 0 for 3.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117943156?categoryid=14&cs=1

NBC has decided to pull the plug on Dick Wolf's "Conviction," while ABC is halting its "Invasion."

With less than 24 hours to go before the Peacock kicks off upfrontupfront week in Gotham, final decisions about the fates of bubble shows are starting to be made. And over the weekend, the word wasn't good for a pair of skeins nets desperately wanted to bring back.

As for "Invasion," skein was a personal favorite of ABC Entertainment prexy Steve McPherson. But despite a huge promotional push behind the show, viewers simply never warmed to the concept.

05-15-06, 11:00 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Report: Invasion canceled"
Pfft! Invasion AND Surface? I feared this would happen. I guess I'll have to find something else to watch now!

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-20-06, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Report: Invasion canceled"
Where could these two shows go though? I really loved "Surface" and I'm really disappointed that it got cancelled, and "Invasion" was good up until about 2 shows ago. I probably would have stopped watching "Invasion" anyway.

I think both of these shows would have been much better as a 2 hour TV movie or as a mini series like "Taken".

Oh well...

05-20-06, 12:54 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Report: Invasion canceled"
There apparently was some brief discussion about CW picking up Invasion, but it was too expensive.

05-18-06, 10:45 AM (EST)
45. "5/17 Last Episode Ever!"
I don't know if its because I knew this thing was cancelled or what but I just couldn't get into it. Too much bullsh!t going on to even be believable. One Sheriff with a truck stops 25 hybrids with automatic weapons? Yeah Right. Oh wait, he did get help from Russell. I really didn't even care that Larkin was tossed into the water at the end by the Sheriff cuz we'll never know if she becomes a hybrid or not. Also, couldn't care less about the family being held hostage at Sheriff Underlay's house.

And as someone previously mentioned, the special effects were lacking and the use of the green screen was blatently obvious!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •