The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sitcom PayDirt"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-21-05, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sitcom PayDirt"
Finally New sitcoms worth watching - Kitchen Confidential & My Name is Earl. If anyone hasn't caught the premier eps, I suggest you tune in next week.

Mon nights on Fox, right after the intelligently witty Arrested Development (so happy it's on Mondays now) is Kitchen Confidential. This show actually had me smiling & laughing throughout and I will be tuning in each week. Love the cast of tasty dishes, serving it up -- so good to be bad in the kitchen. Hope this sitcom stays for awhile, because it really was fun.

Because of the craziness of last night's many finales, I had to tape My Name is Earl & I watched it today. I just knew this was going to be good and I wasn't disappointed. Jason Lee is great, this show is great. This show should have serious longevity, because obviously Earl has been a very bad boy growing up & has A LOT of fence mending to do.

Good sitcoms do seem to be a dying breed, but at least there are two very bright shows for the new season. Now, NBC just has to hurry bring back Scrubs to follow or lead in Earl on Tue night & NBC will have a great 2-hour block again (I'm a HUGE SVU fan) and at least one night they might not die in the ratings.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Sitcom PayDirt flipxcyd 09-21-05 1
 RE: Sitcom PayDirt zombiebaby 09-21-05 2
 RE: Sitcom PayDirt okaychatt 09-22-05 3
 RE: Sitcom PayDirt bullzeye 09-22-05 4
   RE: Sitcom PayDirt SherpaDave 09-22-05 5
       RE: Sitcom PayDirt bullzeye 09-22-05 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

flipxcyd 1053 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-21-05, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Sitcom PayDirt"
Heard some great reviews about these 2 shows: Kitchen Confidential & My Name is Earl. I wasn't disappointed at all. Reason I watched KC was the fact that Bradley Cooper got his own shoe. Too bad he got witness protected on Alias. I like KC; thought it was pretty funny and I actually enjoyed it. My Name is Earl was a peculiar one. I wasn't really sure about it, until I started watching it. I love the part where the song, "It Takes Two to Make a Thing Go Right" makes that guy do that fisherman casting a fake line to someone and reeling them in. Hilarious. Now I've got 2 more shows for Tuesday nights in addition to NCIS and TAR.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-21-05, 07:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Sitcom PayDirt"
I was able to seee the end of My Name is Earl and I love it! This one has winner all over it.

It is getting so I can't stand sitcoms with laugh tracks anymore. It is so distracting. I was watching an old episode of M*A*S*H and even that quality show with the laugh track was so annoying.

Look at me I got a Sweet Summer Syren Siggie!

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-22-05, 05:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Sitcom PayDirt"
I'll have to give these a try. Thanks for the heads up - I'm not on NBC or Fox much any more.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-22-05, 08:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Sitcom PayDirt"
Watched both KC and Earl and loved them both. I typically don't watch sitcoms but I think I will watch both of these and Everyone Hates Chris - which the critics say may be the best of the bunch. Oh - and Jason Lee - been a big fan since Chasing Amy!

This is turning into a pretty decent tv season for a change.

SherpaDave 8324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-22-05, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Sitcom PayDirt"
Sounds like your first Jason Lee experience was the same as mine. And I've loved him in all the Kevin Smith films I've seen since. Really enjoyed "My Name Is Earl."

Dibs!

See Dave write. See Dave edit. See Dave blog.

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-22-05, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Sitcom PayDirt"
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-05 AT 10:44 AM (EST)

What other Kevin Smith films has he been in? I don't recall him in "Clerks", but I am pretty certain he skipped Dogmata and the follow up (memory like a toad)...what else was he in?

ETA: Oh - he was in Mallrats as well.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •