The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Veronica Mars"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

calamityc 1041 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-30-05, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail calamityc Click to send private message to calamityc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Veronica Mars"
CBS decided to air some episodes of this UPN show on Friday nights and I caught the first ones last night. I really liked it, enough that I might get the DVD of the first season-and that is saying alot! Anyone watch while it was on UPN?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Veronica Mars RealityMom 07-30-05 1
   RE: Veronica Mars janisella 07-31-05 2
 RE: Veronica Mars photokitty 08-22-05 3
 RE: Veronica Mars mrc 09-15-05 4
   RE: Veronica Mars pumpkinqueen 02-06-06 12
 Season Premiere on Wednesday!!!! janisella 09-24-05 5
 RE: Veronica Mars mrc 10-03-05 6
   RE: Veronica Mars janisella 10-13-05 7
       RE: Veronica Mars nicalai 02-01-06 9
           RE: Veronica Mars mrc 02-01-06 10
 Call me Oprah mrc 01-31-06 8
   RE: Call me Oprah DebCapsFan 02-02-06 11
 Short hiatus for Veronica Mars mrc 02-17-06 13
 Back from hiatus mrc 03-16-06 14
 RE: Veronica Mars mrc 04-22-06 15
 Penultimate episode mrc 05-08-06 16
   RE: Penultimate episode DebCapsFan 05-10-06 17
       RE: Penultimate episode EnglProf 05-10-06 18
       RE: Penultimate episode tralala 05-11-06 19
 Yay! mrc 05-17-06 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

RealityMom 560 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-30-05, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityMom Click to send private message to RealityMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Veronica Mars"
I watched it all season and I really like it. It reminds me of "Twin Peaks" with that same kind of quirkiness. But the relationship between Veronica and her father is one of the best parts. I actually haven't seen the finale yet- it's still on my tivo. I've been saving it and I'm looking forward to next season. If it had aired on a major network to begin with, it might have gotten the recognition it deserves.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-05, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Veronica Mars"
The finale is AWESOME! I taped it and watched it twice.

I started watching the show from the third episode, and caught the first episode on reruns this summer.

I think moving it to Wednesday ought to improve the ratings. I didn't see anything promising on the other networks' Wednesday lineups.

photokitty 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-22-05, 04:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail photokitty Click to send private message to photokitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Veronica Mars"
I never watched it while it was on UPN. I heard it was good, but, eh, I didn't care. Another show about teenagers. Whatever.

BUT, I saw a few episodes on CBS and I like it! Surprise, surprise! Guess I'll have to rent the DVD and see it from the beginning.

She reminds me of Chloe from Smallville, both in looks and because they are high school students doing some pretty grown up snooping around. Don't they have homework?

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-15-05, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Veronica Mars"
I watched this series over the summer. Great, great, great! The finale was spine-tingling.

The only thing I don't like is this Logan character's relationship with Veronica. It feels forced and there is zero chemistry.

Ferociously purrfected by thndrkttn

pumpkinqueen 220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-06-06, 00:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pumpkinqueen Click to send private message to pumpkinqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Veronica Mars"
The only thing I don't like is this Logan character's relationship with Veronica. It feels forced and there is zero chemistry

ok, i just finished watching the first season on dvd--everyone i know who watches it said i would love it (and i do). even though i haven't seen a single episode of the second season, the scenes with logan and veronica from the first season were amazing. i thought they had chemistry to spare--but my heart went out to logan, and i think he's adorable and sweet--only not on the surface.

the first season is like the first season of the o.c and the 2nd and 3rd seasons of buffy--i can't wait to catch up! only, i don't know what to do about the lost/veronica choice--i guess i will have to get cable after all. that would be nice, since battlestar galactica is one of my favorites too!

arkiegrl 2005

09-24-05, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Season Premiere on Wednesday!!!!"
Who do you think is at the door?

It seems the popular opinion is that it's Duncan.

My dh thinks it might be her mother, returning the money.

I was thinking Wallace, but after re-watching the last few episodes, I'm changing my guess to Logan. I heard the actor was coming back, which must mean he doesn't jump. He's the type of person that would want to make sure Veronica was ok after what his father did to her.

10-03-05, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Veronica Mars"
This season's first episode was very good. I don't like Veronica with Duncan any more than I did her with Logan, though. Why does she even have to have a boyfriend? She's a strong, independent young woman, and I think this lip-hopping demeans her character.

Otherwise, I am still enjoying her wit.

A PhoenixMons(ter) Creation

10-13-05, 09:53 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Veronica Mars"
I like her alone as well. Last season she didn't have a boyfriend until the end, and she was much more interesting. Fortunately, Duncan was only on for about 40 seconds this week, so it was cool.

nicalai 133 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-01-06, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nicalai Click to send private message to nicalai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Veronica Mars"
i caught last nights episode, haven't watched in forever. who's baby was that? veronica's? i know it was duncan's, but i was a little lost.

thanks.

02-01-06, 12:38 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Veronica Mars"
It belongs to Duncan and Meg, Duncan's old flame who kicked the bucket.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

01-31-06, 11:52 AM (EST)
8. "Call me Oprah"
But I gotta pimp my girl, Veronica. Still a very good show, although it should get better now that Duncan has left town.

And for those Lost fans who complain when reruns show up for two or three weeks, you wouldn't want to be a Veronica fan. Almost two months between new episodes.

DebCapsFan 2747 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-02-06, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DebCapsFan Click to send private message to DebCapsFan Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Call me Oprah"
Yay, I love this show. I was in bad withdrawls when it wasn't on. I always thought Hector was the big bad and not Thumper. Where does Weevil go from here? He knows who killed Felix. It's gonna be interesting to see what he's going to do.

Rolly is da man.

02-17-06, 09:22 AM (EST)
13. "Short hiatus for Veronica Mars"
FYI--

VM is taking a short hiatus during sweeps/the Olympics. New episodes will be back in March.

Source: tvguide.com (the Ask Aurellio column)

03-16-06, 11:26 AM (EST)
14. "Back from hiatus"
Even with the Laguna Beach bimbo on this week's episode, still a great show. I hope the new WB/UPN network keeps this show and figures out how to promote it. It's a heck of a show.

A Nefarious Dice Creation

04-22-06, 06:30 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Veronica Mars"
This season's bus crash plot has plodded a little bit. I'll kinda be glad when it is solved.

What is Phil's golf equipment?

05-08-06, 03:33 PM (EST)
16. "Penultimate episode"
Here's me, rambling to myself in the VM thread. *crickets*

A good episode overall. I thought it was stoopid that the crazy janitor went on a shooting spree with blanks. I also didn't like Aaron Echols getting off free. I'm hoping there's some reason for that, like Mayor Woody's influence.

I'm predicting (assuming series renewal) that Veronica winds up at the local university where Wallace and Co. are attending. It's obvious.

Without renewal, I think there will be a lot of loose threads left untied. And I will be majorly pissed that on of the best shows on TV is gone.

P.S. That Veronica is a riot! Would you believe that the actress who plays her is almost 26? Put her on Lost if she can't have her own show. Now that? would be funny!

DebCapsFan 2747 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-10-06, 07:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DebCapsFan Click to send private message to DebCapsFan Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Penultimate episode"
I love this show soooo much. So much continuity, such brilliant acting, it just rocks. Oh heck no... she can't be on Lost because there must be a season 3. How fitting that Aaron died while watching himself on the tube. Is Lamb dead too?

Assuming Kendall hasn't lured Keith to the Fitzpatricks to die, it would be nice to see Keith as Sheriff again.

EnglProf 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-10-06, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnglProf Click to send private message to EnglProf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Penultimate episode"
I never thought they'd tie things up since the episode was moving pretty slowly for the first half, but amazing in the end. How exciting--and moving. I was so upset watching Veronica yell "You raped me!"

And all this time, she'd been thinking that she hadn't been raped, right, but had slept with Duncan? Now she has that to deal with again.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

tralala 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-11-06, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tralala Click to send private message to tralala Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Penultimate episode"
Lamb's not dead. He called from Neptune to have Keith removed from the plane by the locals.

At least they left plenty to still be resolved for next season:

Cordelia's - I mean Kendall's brief case
Thumper's murder & Weevil's ultimate aquital
And what's up with the Mannings? What's their deal with Lucky?

And of course everyone will end up at UC Sunnydale - I mean Neptune...

05-17-06, 07:47 PM (EST)
20. "Yay!"
Veronica will be back in the fall on the new CW network.

http://www.tv.com/story/story.html&story_id=4566

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •