The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Good shows gone bad"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

bacon 2824 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-09-05, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bacon Click to send private message to bacon Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Good shows gone bad"
Remember when you would eagerly anticipate a certain show, but then they decided to make it crappy? Every good show gone bad has that fatal error that just makes you shake your head and remember when it used to be good. Some call this "jumping the shark". Here's a few examples.

Life Goes on-Remember when this show first came on it used to be about the challenges of a family dealing with a teenager who had down syndrome? Suddenly, the show did a complete 180 on us and started focusing on Jesse, a fellow teen who had the AIDS virus. There's nothing wrong with a show wanting to raise awareness about such a disease, but it seemed like the show was shifting away from what made it popular to begin with...that Corky kid.

Roseanne-Probably the best case of a good show gone horribly wrong. Once Dan had that heart attack it was all downhill. The last season had the Connor's striking it rich, by way of the lottery. Gee, the whole reason this show was funny was because they were so poor. Roseanne+Money=Crap. Who would have known?

The Drew Carey Show-Why did they think it would be a good idea to transform The Drew Carey Show into The Mimi Show? Mimi was a funny character, in small doses. Plus, Carey all to quickly became obsessed with dance numbers(of all things). That would be fine if the dance numbers were actually funny instead of just sad.

ER-Remember when the original cast was still on here? That was about 10 seasons ago. Sure, sometimes a show loses cast members, especially on dramas. The problem is that ER lost EVERY cast member and replaced them with, what seems to be, robots.

The Real World-One of the worst things to happen to TRW wasn't even it's fault. It has to do with the fact that MTV no longer shows anything but reality. And not just reality, but reality that features the same exact reality that they've been showing us for the last decade. That same damn people keep popping up over and over on their reality shows. Why do I need to see Puck and Erik for the nine millionth time, just in a slightly different scenario? Plus, the show suffers from stereotypes. The girls know they have to act slutty to get on. There has to be a gay person. There has to be one black person. There has to be obnoxious frat-like white guys. It's just tired.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Good shows gone bad LadyT 06-09-05 1
   RE: Good shows gone bad Dizwiz 06-09-05 2
       RE: Good shows gone bad HistoryDetective 06-10-05 4
           RE: Good shows gone bad Bebo 06-10-05 5
               RE: Good shows gone bad Dizwiz 06-10-05 6
                   RE: Good shows gone bad Bebo 06-10-05 8
                       RE: Good shows gone bad flipxcyd 11-30-05 32
   RE: Good shows gone bad bullzeye 06-23-05 28
 RE: Good shows gone bad weltek 06-10-05 3
   RE: Good shows gone bad missygirl3 06-14-05 16
       RE: Good shows gone bad HistoryDetective 06-14-05 17
           RE: Good shows gone bad missygirl3 06-15-05 20
               RE: Good shows gone bad HistoryDetective 06-15-05 21
 RE: Good shows gone bad Pretty_Kitty 06-10-05 7
 RE: Good shows gone bad Tahj 06-10-05 9
 RE: Good shows gone bad RealityMom 06-10-05 10
 RE: Good shows gone bad foonermints 06-11-05 11
 RE: Good shows gone bad strid333 06-11-05 12
   RE: Good shows gone bad MollyTV 12-06-05 33
 RE: Good shows gone bad Smooth23 06-11-05 13
   RE: Good shows gone bad bacon 06-12-05 14
       RE: Good shows gone bad HistoryDetective 06-13-05 15
           RE: Good shows gone bad bacon 06-15-05 19
               RE: Good shows gone bad HistoryDetective 06-15-05 22
                   RE: Good shows gone bad Smooth23 06-19-05 24
 RE: Good shows gone bad bystander 06-14-05 18
 RE: Good shows gone bad Surveysez 06-15-05 23
   RE: Good shows gone bad Smooth23 06-19-05 25
 RE: Good shows gone bad universityofkentuckyrocks 06-21-05 26
 RE: Good shows gone bad lvoetulips 06-21-05 27
   RE: Good shows gone bad FlamingCactusIT 06-26-05 29
       RE: Good shows gone bad bacon 06-27-05 30
 RE: Good shows gone bad susang 11-30-05 31
   RE: Good shows gone bad mrsunderstood 05-17-06 34
       RE: Good shows gone bad ineedchocolate 08-19-06 35
           RE: Good shows gone bad Jadens Mommy 01-22-07 36
 RE: Good shows gone bad Colonel Zoidberg 02-05-07 37
   RE: Good shows gone bad dabo 02-05-07 38
       RE: Good shows gone bad MKitty 02-15-07 39
           RE: Good shows gone bad bacon 02-16-07 40
               RE: Good shows gone bad Jadens Mommy 02-16-07 41
                   RE: Good shows gone bad Jadens Mommy 02-16-07 42
               RE: Good shows gone bad Loree 02-16-07 43

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-09-05, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
I agree with you on The Real WOrld. When they started making them work together it was all downhill.

Alias. When they had Vaughn married and his wife was on, hit a roadblock. Now it is getting better however getting bounced from one night to another isn't going to help.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The Initiative season almost killed it.

Family Ties. When that kid grew up, the show got old. Actually when Michael J Fox grew up that show grew old.

Growing Pains. Ok, when Kirk Cameron got all powerful and dictated the show. They got rid of Julie in like one episode. They made Mike Seaver, who was awesome as a lovable smart aleck, sanctimonous. And they brought on Leo DiCaprio who still hasn't reached puberty.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Dizwiz 2699 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

06-09-05, 08:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dizwiz Click to send private message to Dizwiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
I'm STILL pissed about season 3 of Alias. The Scooby-Doo masks were what almost killed it for me. This last season was much better, though.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

06-10-05, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
No, it wasn't. I was still onboard with Alias after season 3, but season 4 has killed my love of the show. All kinds of continuity problems. No overarching storyline for the season. Too many self-contained episodes. Generally dumbed-down in an attempt to capture a broader audience.

I don't have to THINK any more when I watch Alias. That's too bad.

courtesy of Seana and Syren - thanks gals!

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

06-10-05, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
I wasn't thrilled with this season either. And during the Night of the Living Dead finale, they almost lost me for good.

Dizwiz 2699 desperate attention whore postings

06-10-05, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dizwiz Click to send private message to Dizwiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
Agreed. With the exception of the last minute or two, the finale sucked. And when they explain exactly who the eff Vaughn really is, it had better make sense, or I am DONE.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

06-10-05, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
That's why the almost was in there. If it weren't for that last scene, I wouldn't have been back for the new season. Damn them for giving me just enough to want to come back.

flipxcyd 1053 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-30-05, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
Hey. I'm just happy they moved it back to Wednesdays. There's just too much to watch on Thursdays.

A PhoenixMons creation

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-23-05, 09:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
I know this is a totally late post - but you hit the nail on the head with the Buffy "Initiative" season. I was buying the DVD's, (can't believe I admit to this..), and almost stopped after this season - thankfully - I perserved - they recovered nicely from that carp...

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

06-10-05, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
LAST EDITED ON 06-10-05 AT 11:17 AM (EST)

I agree with all of these. Might I add:

Friends- When they all started dating eachother it went downhill fast.

missygirl3 541 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-14-05, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail missygirl3 Click to send private message to missygirl3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
LAST EDITED ON 06-14-05 AT 10:13 AM (EST)

I disagree with Friends. Joey and Rachel never officially got together and Chandler and Monica eventually got married. Ross and Rachel broke up in Season 3 and did not reunite until the finale. But I have to add my own:

Whos the Boss?-When Tony and Angela got together.
BH 90210-When all the major cast members left.

06-14-05, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
I didn't want Ross and Rachel to reunite at all. Blah blah blah, been there, seen that. Then again, I didn't care for the whole idea that the only way to have a happy ending to the series was for everybody to get married and have kids, except for the guy getting the spin-off, of course.

missygirl3 541 desperate attention whore postings

06-15-05, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail missygirl3 Click to send private message to missygirl3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
Nobody got married on the series finale of Friends.Whats wrong with a happy ending??? I would rather have seen that than someone dying or it all being a dream.

06-15-05, 03:11 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
First, Ross and Rachel were so over so long ago. There was not reason to shove them back together in the last coupel of seasons. It felt so artificial.

Second, I didn't appreciate the implication that the only way to experience happiness is to have a boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife and/or children. These characters were interesting enough as single people. In fact, they were celebrated as single people - that was their identity on the show and why it spoke to so many 20-somethings of my generation. Having every single one of them (except spin-off guy) end up in a relationship (and four of those with one or more rugrat) betrayed so much of what the characters and their experiences were about.

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings

06-10-05, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
I couldn't agree more with you about Life Goes On stop preachin and start entertainin!

The Real World--I was 20 when this show came out and I have watched faithfully but now I'm older and I find those darn teenagers & early 20 somethings get on my very last nerve and so I only watch bits and pieces (no offence to non MTV teens or early 20 somethings your not on my TV every week)

Id like to add Road Rules It was great and then they started the voting off crap totally ruined it how can you develop relationships with people if they keep leaving? stupid MTV stooopid!!!

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-10-05, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
West Wing. I stopped watching mid-season.

Moves courtesy of Syren

RealityMom 560 desperate attention whore postings

06-10-05, 07:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityMom Click to send private message to RealityMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
LadyT, I definitely agree with you about "Family Ties". I never even saw the episodes with Courtney Cox because I'd stopped watching by the time she came on.
I'd also have to include "Cheers" after Diane left. I never liked the relationship between Sam and Rebecca and really hated when they tried to have a baby together.
What's been fun recently is watching the first few episodes of "Moonlighting" which just came out on DVD. Maddy and David were great together in the beginning. Cybill was gorgeous and Bruce had hair! The dialogue holds up really well. But then, when Cybill got pregnant the show went downhill, fast. I don't even remember all the details but Maddy was involved with some creepy guy and David got involved with Brooke Adams, who's now married to Tony Shaloub. The show had some great years but not at the end.
For lots of shows, getting horizontal is definitely the jump the shark moment.

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

06-11-05, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
Just for my personal tastes:
Star Trek: Enterprise. Turned into Star Trek: Booby Prize.
Andromeda. Should have let everything blow up and die in season 4. What a waste of Kevin Sorbo. *sob*

Handcrafted by RollDice

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings

06-11-05, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
I completely agree with The Drew Carey Show. I think the show officially jumped shark when Drew got into his coma and started having that messed up dream. And Christa Miller (Kate) decided to bale on the show and join her husband on Scrubs (which is still funny IMHO).

That 70's Show used to be great for me but I stopped watching when Donna and Eric got back together again and then got engaged. Are they married now? I don't know. Is Jackie dating Hyde or Kelso? I don't know. Do I care? Not really.

There are others that I lost interest in but none come to mind immediately other than maybe Everybody Loves Raymond. ELR is funny but I found a lot of the jokes were getting repeated.

Three is the perfect number.

MollyTV 480 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-06-05, 08:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MollyTV Click to send private message to MollyTV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
i started forcing myself to watch 70's show after hyde moved in with the foremans...to me that is when it jumped the shark....oh and when lori the sister left too...i thought she was Hilarious!

sorry to see them all leave.
mollytv

Smooth23 1244 desperate attention whore postings

06-11-05, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Smooth23 Click to send private message to Smooth23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
Agree about everything, except Roseanne, did you see the series finale? That kind of redeemed the whole lotto win thing (If you missed it, it turned out dan died from the heart attack and the rest of the show was roseannes book that she was writing after the death of dan)

Except for ending slavery, fascism, nazism and Communism, war has never solved anything.

06-12-05, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bacon Click to send private message to bacon Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
LAST EDITED ON 06-12-05 AT 06:13 PM (EST)

Oh my God, I could not disagree more. I thought the final episode was a horrible conclusion. They made it seem as if they had the whole last season planned as all being a dream, or was it something about Roseanne writing stories? I never could completely figure out the last part of that episode. Becky was really with David? Darlene was really with Mark? Jackie was a lesbian? Huh?!

The final season of Roseanne was the worst ever for a show of that quality....EVER!

06-13-05, 10:27 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
I'm with Smooth on this one. I thought that the finale was quite a twist that redefined the show. I can't see a re-run without thinking about the revelations of the finale and re-imagining the show every time. I like it when shows, even comedies, force me to think. Does everything from the finale make perfect sense? No. It doesn't all work --- but it gave the show new layers.

06-15-05, 08:55 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
I really think you all are looking too much into that last episode. It was a last ditch effort to give actual meaning to the ridiculous final season. In other words, it was no "Sixth Sense" in terms of twists. It was more like a..."Hide and Seek" or the Tim Burton version of "Planet of the Apes" kind of twist. It made no freakin sense.

06-15-05, 03:14 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
Can we meet halfway? I'll admit that I don't think they had any idea that would be the finale as they wrote all the rest of the crap during the final season --- and it was a bunch of crap --- but I liked the "twist" all the same.

06-19-05, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Smooth23 Click to send private message to Smooth23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
History hit the nail on the head. They had no idea what they were planning for the last show, but just like he said before.. it sure makes the repeats interesting to watch.

Except for ending slavery, fascism, nazism and Communism, war has never solved anything.

bystander 4967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-14-05, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
I think you could put 24 in this category. This show makes US law enforcement look feeble at best. How many times can a terrorist escape when surrounded in the middle of nowhere, when trapped on the 9th floor of an office building or when wandering down the street unarmed with an "I love Terrorism" Tshirt on. Geeze.

How incompetent is CTU if every season you have some evil-doer working in your midst. What kind of screening process are you using for your employees. I think my company screens their summer interns better than that.

Also, how unbelieveable was Edgar as anyone with any kind of intelligence to run anything involving counter terrorism. Geeze man, I wouldn't trust you put the stamps on the envelopes before the bills get sent out in the mail.

OK I'm done bashing 24 for now. Can't wait till next season!

Surveysez 2793 desperate attention whore postings

06-15-05, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Surveysez Click to send private message to Surveysez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
I'd like to make one little point about some shows - they go into sydication way too early. I always liked the 70s show and now I never watch. Why? Cause it's too much trouble to find out which one in the listings is for the new show, or is it the syndicated repeats again. The new ones get lost in a sea of repeats, especially if you have a dish that gets stations from each time zone.

It makes me a little nuts.

06-19-05, 09:01 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
I agree on this count too, whatever happened to the 100th show=syndication rule?

universityofkentuckyrocks 2572 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-05, 01:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail universityofkentuckyrocks Click to send private message to universityofkentuckyrocks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
I was so surprised when they canceled The Drew Carrey show. I remember when it was awsome!

lvoetulips 1025 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-05, 07:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lvoetulips Click to send private message to lvoetulips Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
Alias does need to get some more writers on board to draw me back in... I've got the first 3 seasons on DVD; seriously considering Ebaying them...

Roswell- I'm probably the only one to watch this show, the first season was awesome- until Tess was revealed. HATE HER!! The second season was crap. Didn't even bother w/ 3rd season. WILL be ebaying seasons one and two.

X-Files- They lost me somewhere in the middle. I don't really remember much after Scully was infected with a baby? Or something along those lines.

courtesy of the talented Syren

FlamingCactusIT 452 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-05, 10:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FlamingCactusIT Click to send private message to FlamingCactusIT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
Yes, Dear-- This show seems like it's going to go downhill now that Greg & Kim's House Set had to be wrecked down because of the new Big Brother House, and then writing it into the script was a bad idea.

06-27-05, 12:16 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
That show was actually good at some point?

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-05, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
Will & Grace. The show has lost its focus. It was better before Grace married Harry Connick Jr. Having celebrity guests hasn't helped. The writing used to be more witty. No wonder this is the last season for W&G.

mrsunderstood 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-17-06, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrsunderstood Click to send private message to mrsunderstood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
New Ones
Four Kings--Good Premise but all wanna-be chiefs no indians

Joey--could have done well (fraiser) but too many initial cast members and Joey was getting too old for some of his antics.

Teachers--Ummm just doesn't have the spark. Same message at the end of the shows

Not So Old
West Wing--Strayed off course (Aaron Left) the finale actually gave me the goosebumps like it used to.

Ally McBeal--Love interest dying, too many character and way too slapstick. THe first 2 seasons were great.

Older

Cosby--They kids got old and Cosby got too preachy...and that little girl...pain in my rear

Roseanne-The lottery, the diffrent beckys, the new babies, whew..must I go on.

"I'll tell you in another life when we are both cats"

ineedchocolate 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-19-06, 07:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ineedchocolate Click to send private message to ineedchocolate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
Ally McBeal when the kid arrived

Buffy - after she died

Growing Pains - Leonardo ruined it.

Jadens Mommy 333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-22-07, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
I know I'm going to get laughed at for bringing this show up.

I'm a huge fan of Little House on the Prairie. But the show jumped the shark in the beginning of Season 9 when Charles, Caroline and the kids moved away from Walnut Grove leaving Laura, Almanzo, Rose, Jeeny and Mr. Edwards behind. A new family was living in the Ingalls home. The show wasn't the same anymore without the Ingalls. Season 9 was their last season. After that only 3 two hour movie episodes were made, the last one being the show finale.

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-05-07, 08:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
Are there any Family Guy fans here? The shows before cancellation were comedic gold. The shows since cancellation have generally been more like silver...still good, but lost a step, with a few exceptions (the episode with Meg being sold into slavery and with Brian and Stewie singing at a nightclub some to mind.) Most new episodes started off pretty good...until recently. I don't know when the last good episode was, but I can guarantee I own it on DVD. Last week's episode, where Brian and Stewie tracked down Rupert the teddy bear, was completely devoid of jokes and terribly written. And it's becoming the norm.

Maybe we can just pretend those shows never happened and get the show on track...that or kill the show mercifully and start ramping up American Dad, which is still pretty well-written.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

02-05-07, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
Count me as one who loved "Family Guy" during its original run and never understood why it was cancelled. Then it was revived and turned into the crassest most deplorable dreck ever. Imagine Fred and Wilma Flintstone making Pebbles in the tub, no firkin' thanks.

Of course, other shows have limped on long past their prime, M*A*S*H and All In the Family come to mind. The absolute nadir, though, was the Seinfeld finale.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-07, 06:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
Ah yes, the Seinfeld finale. It was infamous for its level of crappiness. I would couple that with last year's 3 hour Apprentice finale (the one with Kelly Perdu (sp?) and REGIS!) If that was the a tie for worst.finale.ever....I don't know what is!

02-16-07, 00:32 AM (EST)
40. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
Yeah, the Seinfeld finale was bad. In fact, I'm not exactly sure what Larry David was trying to get at in this episode. I think the idea behind it was that the four main characters have been so uncaring that they deserved to get some sort of punishment in the end. Yet, the foursome always got punished at the end of every episode. It's not as if they ever got away with their crudeness.

02-16-07, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jadens%20Mommy Click to send private message to Jadens%20Mommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
Am I the only one that liked the Seinfeld finale? It wasn't so much the story line but getting to see all those characters again that was the fun part.

02-16-07, 12:12 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
I also liked that it wasn't the typical "and we lived happily ever after" ending.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-07, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Good shows gone bad"
I loved Seinfeld and still watch the reruns. But I never rewatch the finale. Whenever I see it is that episode I change the channel. I hated the way they ended it.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •