The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Revelations?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Silverado 89 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-01-05, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silverado Click to send private message to Silverado Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Revelations?"
Is this show's premise about the end of the world or something? Keep seeing the commercials for it on NBC.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Revelations? zombiebaby 04-04-05 1
   RE: Revelations? Silverado 04-11-05 2
 RE: Revelations? I_AM_HE 04-14-05 3
   RE: Revelations? weltek 04-14-05 4
       RE: Revelations? volsfan 04-14-05 5
           RE: Revelations? Silverado 04-14-05 6
               RE: Revelations? weltek 04-15-05 9
   RE: Revelations? sittem 04-19-05 13
 Random thoughts, synopsis of Ep 1 BriarRosie 04-14-05 7
   RE: Random thoughts, synopsis of Ep... Silverado 04-15-05 11
       RE: Random thoughts, synopsis of Ep... BriarRosie 04-19-05 12
           RE: Random thoughts, synopsis of Ep... Silverado 04-21-05 14
 Not for me. Swami 04-15-05 8
   RE: Not for me. weltek 04-15-05 10
       RE: Not for me. Agman2 01-14-16 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-04-05, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Revelations?"
Don't know but it does look intriguing.

I just hope it is not like the Left Behind book series.

One more of J Slice's Awesome Creations!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-11-05, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silverado Click to send private message to Silverado Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Revelations?"
read last week in the new york post that it'll be taking over the west wing timeslot starting this wednesday.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-05, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Revelations?"
I thought it was very good. The opening segments in particular were wonderfully shot. They had a lot of different/mini-stories to get in, so there was a lot of switching back and forth which I assume may have confused some people, but it was done pretty well, and I'm sure was necessary to set the stage. I really like the main character (the nun). The Harvard professor I can take or leave so far. And the Satanist was a pretty strong character.

The premier definitely has me hooked enough to give it an extended trial period. Of course, since Wednesdays are pretty much open anyway (M - 24, T - TAR, R - Survivor) it's in a good slot

weltek 16934 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-05, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Revelations?"
The opening scenes were a bit confusing. We hopped in about 5 minutes late, so that didn't help.

I'll give it a few more weeks before I decide, but I'm intrigued enough to tune in a few more times. I'm interested to see if the characters grow on me. The storyline is refreshing-a new concept for primetime.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-05, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Revelations?"
The opening scenes were shot very well from different angles however I was totally lost (no pun intended!). I did catch the rest of the show and will prolly watch again.

04-14-05, 05:44 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Revelations?"
agreed on the intro scenes-but what about the scenes from Greece (I'm assuming that's where they shot in Prague) and the use of lighting? Thought it was interesting the way they had the tone shown in the scenes with their dramatic use of light or lack thereof.

I missed the previews for next week-what did they say about them?

04-15-05, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Revelations?"
Next week-aparently Dr. Massey starts having visions that his daughter is reaching out for his help to get into heaven.

They all are looking for the child born to the masses...meanwhile the giant cross in that church drops & must kill a bunch of people.

You can see the preview on the website:
http://www.nbc.com/Revelations/index.shtml (right hand side of the screen)

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-19-05, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Revelations?"
Well, lookie, lookie - we have exactly the same TV schedule. And, thanks for the reminder of the schedule - I caught a part of Rev and may try again tomorrow night now that I know it's on.

I'm sure you've got May 24 penciled in to your TV schedule?

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-14-05, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Random thoughts, synopsis of Ep 1"
I was really impressed so far. The opening scene, to me, set
the stage for Bill Pullman's character. Apparently, he
was somehow instrumental in catching or convicting the satanist
cult leader who killed Bill's daughter (using the heart for
a ritual). We're introduced to the nun's character as almost
a scientific character, doing research on the validity of
miracles. The crucifixion shadow on the mountain "miracle"
effect was impressive.

I found it interesting how John Rhys Davies and Bill Pullman
used science to punch holes in the spiritual aspects of the show.
But I have a feeling that Bill Pullman's character's faith in
God will be restored by the end of the series. I thought I
read somewhere that they compared the nun to Mulder and Bill's
character to Scully. Believer vs Skeptic. Interesting analogy.
(I can't remember the characters names...I'm bad!) Bill's
character researches the nun's background through the foundation
she works for, discovering that she also lost a loved one by a
cult, (her sister, mass suicide).

From what I can tell, Bill's just relocating back to Harvard,
a little girl in Miami is a comatose prophet of sorts after
being struck by lightning (twice!!), a satanic cult leader has
some seriously strong clairvoyance and/or power, and there's
some sort of "miracle" baby that survived a shipwreck on the
Aegean Sea. And the nun seems to be aware of it all.

I'm hooked....can't wait 'til next week.

The cult guy is seriously creepy, but in an entertaining way.

04-15-05, 02:53 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Random thoughts, synopsis of Ep 1"
great summary briar-you really captured the essence of the show. Interesting theories about Pullman and how his faith may be restored. Any thoughts on why he lost his faith to begin with?

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-19-05, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Random thoughts, synopsis of Ep 1"
I briefly caught a bit of a repeat on CNBC as I was flipping channels the other night. Now I can call Bill Pullman "Dr. Massey".

I think his faith was broken when his daughter was murderered.
I thought the writers hit us over the head with that.
Hmm, I'm not sure how they'll restore his faith, but who knows?
They might not.

It's a good thing my Wednesdays are reality TV free so I can watch this. LOL

04-21-05, 10:41 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Random thoughts, synopsis of Ep 1"
Good point-I think you're probably correct with thinking that Massey lost his faith when his daughter was murdered. But the guy in prison has faith-just towards the devil it seems. Do you think this journey he's taking with the nun will help him regain his faith?

Swami 5883 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-05, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Not for me."
I watched this show and tried to get into it--I really did. But nada.

The music kept telling me I was supposed to feel something, but nothing much came to mind. The production dteails were nicely done but I didn't care one way or the other about the characters portrayed. Their emotions didn't feel real to me.

Maybe you have to be a "believer" to be intrigued by this particular storyline? I usually enjoy this kind of stuff but I found this show to be a dud.

I don't like the Left Behind books & can't read them either.

04-15-05, 11:29 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Not for me."
I'm not necessarily a "believer," but I'm intrigued enough to keep watching. Wednessday is a pretty boring night of tv.

Agman2 1548 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-14-16, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Not for me."
I'm not impressed at all. I think I'll skip it and comment at a later date.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •