The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"And now it's the Axed-Factor."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-31-12, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"And now it's the Axed-Factor."
Well, obviously not breaking all ratings records wasn't Simon's fault, so it's time to start getting rid of personnel. Two gone so far, maybe three, and the firing will continue until the viewership improves...

So far, we have definitely lost Steve Jones (fired) and Nicole (claims to have walked away, but that sounds like a failed attempt at dignity saving: let's say terminated with prejudice) -- plus we have a not-yet-network-backed report that Simon's finally sick of the fumes from that cup and Paula is out. The new incoherent idiot limit per panel is zero! Gosh, that's going to limit the number of possible replacements...

I think that should be it for on-camera losses: Simon's not getting rid of himself and as much as Reid tries to show him up, he probably recognizes that makes for some level of chemistry that was lacking with the others. Which means the question now turns to the upcoming Attack Of The Clones, because someone's gotta sit in those seats and hold that microphone while continually glancing at the stopwatch.

So -- who's available?

Would Cheryl like another shot?

*pulls back slightly*

You don't suppose Seacrest has any free hours left...?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Paula gone, too moonbaby 02-01-12 1
   RE: Paula gone, too Estee 02-01-12 2
       RE: Paula gone, too Tummy 02-02-12 3
           RE: Paula gone, too agman 02-02-12 4
 But this Thursday nite... emydi 02-06-12 5
 Whitney Houston approached. Estee 02-11-12 6
   RE: Whitney Houston approached. Snidget 02-11-12 7
 Bring in the pros. Estee 02-19-12 8
 You must be this drugged to apply. Estee 02-26-12 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

02-01-12, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Paula gone, too"
So ends the Simon and Paula lovefest. From story below:
Simon Cowell (who will remain as a judge with L.A. Reid) and Abdul went out of their way to indicate they remain close, sources on “The X Factor” contradict that.
The parting was “anything but amicable and there were a lot of angry words,” said a key show staff member. “I know Simon and Paula say they’re still friends, and Simon’s claiming he and Paula will again work together, but there will have to be some time for that to heal after what went down the past few days.”

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/10351385-421/paula-abdul-fired-from-the-x-factor-because-she-was-too-soft.html

Most predictable ouster? Nicole. Most surprised about Paula, and I am most sad about losing the Timekeeper. He was so swoony Wonder if they will tear down that awful seizure inducing stage.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

02-01-12, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Paula gone, too"
Firing Paula for being soft -- when you're the one who hired her -- is like ABC blasting Chris Harrison for being insincere: either way, you knew what you were getting at the time, you knew it was never going to change, and you're the one who decided it didn't work any more. (The flaw in this is that Harrison remains employed. For now.) Paula was never going to be tough on her contestants (plus giving her the youngsters in the groups destroyed her usual source of tension release), and to claim you ever believed otherwise is to lie on a presidential candidate level.

The stage -- it sounds like the producers were paying some degree of attention to viewer commentary and backlash: that's part of what cost Nicole her seat. So if there was enough complaining about the stage, we might see some kind of change. I just think their main priority will be the star power in the seats instead of the voltage power in the back.

And I don't think we'll see Timekeeper get a U.S. job for a few years. The industry needs time for the stink to dispel.

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-02-12, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Paula gone, too"
I'm a little sad about the Paula oust. Simon knew exactly what he was getting after working next to Paula for years.

But I do think Nicole and Paula should only be replaced with one judge and not have groups. I just don't think the audience likes groups.

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-12, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Paula gone, too"
I just
don't think the audience likes
groups.

Amen to that! Look how fast they exited. I'm not sure the judges even took groups that seriously because look how they threw a couple of groups together using castoffs who didn't make the final cut in other categories(most noteably boys and girls)

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

02-06-12, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "But this Thursday nite..."
Asstro is a CBS star!

Whereas Melanie was a dud with Sir Elton

02-11-12, 05:21 PM (EST)
6. "Whitney Houston approached."
Oh, I get it! Paula wasn't taking enough drugs! The show was in trouble because they had a serious I Can Actually Understand Half Of What She's Saying gap! Well, we know how to fix that!

This? Is not good.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-12, 10:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Whitney Houston approached."
I've heard of dying to be on a show, but dying to get away from it???

too soon

02-19-12, 10:00 AM (EST)
8. "Bring in the pros."
In host rumor news: Janet Jackson. Well, it's not as if Simon's running short on damaged singers any time soon. And if he wants that Special Ratings Boost, he can switch from contestant nude on stage to judge nude at table. Bonus points!

But the bigger story is in the show's change to their application standards. And I quote: "a new rule this season means hopefuls with a pre-existing management contract (subject to limited restrictions) are also eligible to try out."

So the contestant standards for the three shows currently look like this:

American Idol: Amateurs, some failed professionals which the show will never admit to and generally passes off as amateurs, plants.

The Voice: Mix of amateurs and professionals who are currently without a contract. Recruiting acknowledged.

X-Factor: 'And now, your 2006 Top Forty remix.'

02-26-12, 10:21 AM (EST)
9. "You must be this drugged to apply."
Newest rumor: Britney.

Simon does seem to believe in a certain degree of consistency.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •