The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"X-Factor USA Judges Home #2 ECST"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-16-11, 07:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"X-Factor USA Judges Home #2 ECST"
Keep all discussion of tonight's very special episode of X-factor on this thread, and this thread only, until the West Coast finishes off trying to figure out what happened to Animation Domination, or can't tell the difference, whichever.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Intro/Recappage Snidget 10-16-11 1
 Audtions Part 1 Snidget 10-16-11 2
 Auditions Part 2 Snidget 10-16-11 3
 Auditions Part 3 Snidget 10-16-11 4
 Auditions Part 4 Snidget 10-16-11 5
 Auditions Part 5 Snidget 10-16-11 6
 Auditions Part 6 Snidget 10-16-11 7
   RE: Auditions Part 6 Pretty_Kitty 10-17-11 13
       RE: Auditions Part 6 Snidget 10-17-11 14
           RE: Auditions Part 6 cahaya 10-18-11 17
 Auditions part 7 Snidget 10-16-11 8
 Auditions Part 8 Snidget 10-16-11 9
 Auditions part 9 Snidget 10-16-11 10
 Cue Dramatic Music Snidget 10-16-11 11
   RE: Cue Dramatic Music Estee 10-17-11 12
       RE: Cue Dramatic Music cahaya 10-18-11 20
   RE: Cue Dramatic Music emydi 10-17-11 16
 RE: X-Factor USA Judges Home #2 ECS... frodis 10-17-11 15
 Full recap cahaya 10-18-11 18
 Should/will make it or go home cahaya 10-18-11 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

10-16-11, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Intro/Recappage"
LAST EDITED ON 10-16-11 AT 08:03 PM (EST)

16 acts sang on Thurs instead of Weds because of baseball.

Tonight the remaining acts sing for their survival. Judges decide their fate. 32 must become 16. It's time to Face The Music.

If they do all the decisions tonight what will be JH#3 episode?

If you forgot about the 4 groups and which group is which mentor is reviewed and special guests, because America has the attention span of a gnat with ADHD.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-16-11, 08:14 PM (EST)
2. "Audtions Part 1"
Jazzlyn Little, talking about her nerves the whole time that disappear when she sings.
"I Will Survive" R&B version rather than disco.
Hands shaking afterward. Vocal Coach and Music producers in. Maybe put herself back in the frame. One of the guys says high school talent show and Simon glares over the glasses.

Brennin Hunt. The I'm Sexy and I Know it Guy background music guy. He's the life experience guy and wants to be bigger than Lady Gaga.
"Like a Star" Overwrought version.
Rihanna thinks he is beautiful and tone correct at times, little bit corny. Not convinced he sings like a star.

10-16-11, 08:28 PM (EST)
3. "Auditions Part 2"
Stereo Hogzz.
"I Heard It Through The Grapevine". Hip Hop Choreography. Why is the tall guy singing with the microphone at his hip?
Old Motown mixed with genuine. Paula pounds on him and says he gets it and wants him to sit in Simon's chair for a few show.

Josh Krajcik. Has a 13 year old daughter. Wants to show her dreams come true.
"The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" Dirge paced version.
Not your typical star, rough around the edges.

10-16-11, 08:39 PM (EST)
4. "Auditions Part 3"
2Squar’d
"Bohemian Rhapsody" Oh Yikes Version.
They say it is a difficult song, but they can sing.

Tim Cifer from NC (so if he makes it I'll never hear the end of it).
"Dance With My Father"
Rihanna liked his voice, real country singer. LA Wanted more, it was good, but.

10-16-11, 08:51 PM (EST)
5. "Auditions Part 4"
How many times do they have to tell us which groups are where?

Rachel Crow.
"I Want It That Way". Another Dirge paced version sung with next to no emotional depth, which given her age is not surprising.
Simon says that was unbelievable, she takes risks and he liked the deep tone that I couldn't stand. Worries about if she can handle the pressure at her age.

Leroy Bell. Oldest person, just turned 60. Been lying about his age for years.
"Make You Feel My Love" Another really slow song...please someone sing something up tempo that doesn't make me cringe like the girls singing Queen.
Nicol thinks his nerves make her feel like he's holding back.

10-16-11, 09:03 PM (EST)
6. "Auditions Part 5"
Illusion Confusion
"Let's Dance" remixed version as best as I can tell, not heard it with these lyrics.
More impressed by the drive, ambition driving talent, may have a problem.

Tiger Budbill, professional DJ. Work has been slim, needs the money really bad.
"Don't Give Up On Me" Another slow song. What is this? Dirge-a-palloza, I'm trying to hang with you baby... but... OK that screeching woke me back up.
Nicole says sometimes the voice is effortless, but is there a market for him. Enrique says anyone can make it with the right song, shouldn't be rules of what can be marketed.

10-16-11, 09:17 PM (EST)
7. "Auditions Part 6"
OMG They are in 4 groups, when did that happen???!?!?!

Marcus Canty who has to either make it or give it up. Mom's tossing him out of the nest.
"All My Life"
Rihanna is freaking out and can't contain herself. She isn't sure he sings like a star. He looked dead in her eyes. Made her feel really good.

Tiah Tolliver, Simon fought for her.
Getting nervous, the wind is getting to her, she's freaking out.
"No Diggity"
Simon seemed to like it. There is something about her, It's raw, needs some fine tuning. She's moldable.

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-17-11, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Auditions Part 6"
I have been casually watching (as in reading a book and its on in the back round)Tiah Tolliver sucks. She sucked in her first audition and she sucked last night. Pretty girl. Awful awful voice. If this were AI Simon would have annihilated her. I dont get it.

10-17-11, 01:27 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Auditions Part 6"
Assuming that US X will go the way of UK X the live performances will be full stage productions with costumes and dancers and all kinds of hoopla.

Makes what you are picking for different than a sing with a band and maybe a musician on stage or a choir if the producers like you.

There are a fair number of musical acts that are much more about the stage production than the ability to sing well live. I think Simon is looking more for acts that will make ratings with their stage production in addition to whoever he thinks will sell enough to be worth the contract in the end.

Ag Potion Number Nine

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-11, 00:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Auditions Part 6"
Agree. In fact, I find Tiah a refreshing change from the "singing competition performances" many of the others are giving, verging on the boring same old thing. Rather than just stand up there and singing and showing off vocal technique, she's having fun with her Do Wop's and Hey Yo's! I hope Simon sees her through just for variety's sake. After all, there's only one winner, so why not a few in the final 16 who can entertain?

10-16-11, 09:30 PM (EST)
8. "Auditions part 7"
Christa Collins. Made a splash at bootcamp. Was the prototype of the Disney singer girl. Lot of hard work at 10, retired at 16, this is her second chance.
"No Suprises" Radiohead. Another overwrought version.
Only feels whole on stage, that's never a good thing. Enrique says it was intense and it felt good. Nicole wanted to see a bit more of the pain and emotion behind the lyrics.

InTENsity, 10 people who didn't cut it as solo artists.
They skype a lot, but really never had a chance to get together.
"That's Not My Name" Mash Up with "You Make My Dreams Come True"
Like a cookie with star morsels in there. But they may need more time.

10-16-11, 09:40 PM (EST)
9. "Auditions Part 8"
Chris Rene, has to stay straight to stay on the show, sober for not all that long.
"People Everyday" by Arrested Development
With some of his own lyrics, I don't think they would let him sing a lot of that. Samples "Everyday People" by Sly and the Family Stone, I believe.
Rihanna thinks he is special, wants to know more. They think for him it is about his art, not the money.

10-16-11, 09:49 PM (EST)
10. "Auditions part 9"
One audition left, one of the girls, and we see all so far.

Melanie Amaro. She has doubted herself, but wants singing more than anything.
"Will You Be There"
Simon falls over on the couch and says rip rip rip. She stepped it up. Gave her the "you wrote me off" look. Worried about in a contemporary style.

After the break, moment of truth. Who is in and who is out.

10-16-11, 09:59 PM (EST)
11. "Cue Dramatic Music"
Will we really get the decisions in next couple of minutes?
Recapping which category was where with who judging it.

Lots of shots of deliberations and confessional bits.

and it keeps going on and on and on and makes it seem unlikely we will get the reveal tonight, unless it is a quickie.

This Tuesday, it is decision time...I called it.

Who is in and who is out. As the final 16 are revealed.

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-11, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Cue Dramatic Music"
I'm guessing that when the overnight ratings come out, Phil will officially become the newest member of the I Kicked Simon's Ass ratings club.

I missed nearly all of the episode: my building had a power failure which stretched out for a few hours, and nothing kicked back in until Stacey claimed she'd had to steal the electricity to power the heart implant which keeps her alive. Because, y'know, she also has a horrible medical condition which she plans on trotting out just as soon as the other story falls apart. So I got to skip out on the agony, by fuse order. And from the sound of it, I missed Absolutely Nothing, possibly minus a couple of people who didn't even make the 'and we'll get rid of you later' cut.

Maybe the action will pick up a bit when the actual voting starts. But at this point, I have serious doubts -- and they're not going away any time soon.

10-18-11, 01:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Cue Dramatic Music"
From TVBTN:

Overall, yes, TAR beat TXF by a slight margin, but TXF took the 18-49 category.

Football, of course, even if it was a stinkin' Bears/Vikings game, took the cake.

8:00 NBC Football Night in America 4.6/12 12.73
FOX The X Factor 3.4/8 8.74
CBS Amazing Race 2.5/6 9.26
ABC Extreme Makeover: Home Edition 1.9/5 7.10

9:00 NBC Sunday Night Football: Vikings at Bears 6.1/14 15.53
FOX The X Factor 3.3/7 8.56
ABC Desperate Housewives 2.7/6 8.24
CBS The Good Wife 2.1/5 10.04

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-11, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Cue Dramatic Music"
LAST EDITED ON 10-17-11 AT 03:58 PM (EST)

The only ones I liked: Leroy (nicole better pick him over Tiger or Stacey), Melanie, and Rachel (eta) the little girl that sang n'Sync

inTENsity was better than I thought (they only get 500K and all of them will have momagers, won't they?)

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-17-11, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: X-Factor USA Judges Home #2 ECST"
Thanks, Snidget! My DVR didn't get the memo and we were watching football, so I didn't even realize that we'd missed it until after it was over.

10-18-11, 00:56 AM (EST)
18. "Full recap"
... with photos and scorecard ratings here!

10-18-11, 01:21 AM (EST)
19. "Should/will make it or go home"
A full list, including my Scorecard rating, and a note if they are IN or OUT or it's a close call and is JUDGE'S CHOICE.

Boys
Skeylor Anderson (black country guy): A- IN
Phillip Lomax (the crooner cat in the hat): A- IN
Tim Cifers: A- IN
Marcus Canty: B+ JUDGE'S CHOICE
Brian "Astro" Bradley: B JUDGE'S CHOICE
Chris Rene: B- OUT
Brennan Hunt: B- OUT
Nick Voss: C OUT

Girls
Jazzlyn Little: A- IN
Tiah Tolliver: A- IN
Drew Ryniewicz: A- IN
Rachel Crow: B+ JUDGE'S CHOICE
Kaitlin Koch: B+ JUDGE'S CHOICE
Melanie Amaro: B JUDGE'S CHOICE
Tora Woloshin: B OUT
Simone Battle: C+ OUT

Over 30's
Elaine Gibbs (super diva): A IN
Leroy Bell: A- IN
Josh Krajcik: A- IN
Stacy Francis: B+ JUDGE'S CHOICE
James Kenney: B JUDGE'S CHOICE
Christa Collins: B JUDGE'S CHOICE
Tiger Budbill: B OUT
Dexter Heygood: C+ (being kind) OUT

Groups
4Shore: A- IN
Stereo Hogzz: B+ IN
2Squar'd: B IN
Lakoda Rain: B (a bit generous for props) JUDGE'S CHOICE
InTensity: B (a bit generous for props) JUDGE'S CHOICE
The Brewer Boys: B- OUT
The Anser: B- OUT
Illusion Confusion: C+ (bad edit? it got chopped) OUT

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •