The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"X-Factor USA Boot Camp #1 ECST"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-05-11, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"X-Factor USA Boot Camp #1 ECST"
162 Acts, keep it here until the West Coast drops and gives us twenty.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Intro Snidget 10-05-11 1
   RE: Intro Snidget 10-05-11 2
 Quick Taste of Performance Skills Snidget 10-05-11 3
 Four hours of Idol in seventeen min... Estee 10-05-11 4
 First Singing Round Snidget 10-05-11 5
 One-downsmanship. Estee 10-05-11 6
   RE: One-downsmanship. Snidget 10-05-11 8
       RE: One-downsmanship. cahaya 10-06-11 28
   RE: One-downsmanship. cahaya 10-07-11 37
 Gah-roups Snidget 10-05-11 7
   RE: Gah-roups Snidget 10-05-11 9
       RE: Gah-roups Estee 10-05-11 10
           RE: Gah-roups Snidget 10-05-11 12
               RE: Gah-roups Estee 10-05-11 16
                   RE: Gah-roups suski1304 10-06-11 31
                       RE: Gah-roups Estee 10-06-11 32
                           RE: Gah-roups cahaya 10-06-11 33
                               RE: Gah-roups Estee 10-06-11 35
                                   RE: Gah-roups cahaya 10-07-11 36
 Ensemble #2 Snidget 10-05-11 11
   RE: Ensemble #2 Estee 10-05-11 15
 State of the gah-roups. Estee 10-05-11 13
 Group 3 Snidget 10-05-11 14
 Group 4 Snidget 10-05-11 17
 The DC Revamp kills again. Estee 10-05-11 18
 Group 5 Snidget 10-05-11 19
 Group 6 Snidget 10-05-11 20
   RE: Group 6 Estee 10-05-11 21
       RE: Group 6 Snidget 10-05-11 23
           RE: Group 6 Estee 10-05-11 27
 Group 7 Snidget 10-05-11 22
 Group 8 Snidget 10-05-11 24
   Tomorrow Night Snidget 10-05-11 26
       RE: Tomorrow Night emydi 10-06-11 29
           RE: Tomorrow Night Estee 10-06-11 30
               RE: Tomorrow Night emydi 10-06-11 34
 RE: X-Factor USA Boot Camp #1 ECST Estee 10-05-11 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

10-05-11, 08:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Intro"
Split into groups and the judges get their categories. Time To Face The Music.

And crying Paula.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-05-11, 08:06 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Intro"
LAST EDITED ON 10-05-11 AT 08:08 PM (EST)

Boot Camp in LA. Show people on the journey there. Mostly people we've already seen. Because we will never see them again, or are they finalists.

Cut to 8 per group and then make the decision at the judges homes to get selected for live performance shows.

10-05-11, 08:12 PM (EST)
3. "Quick Taste of Performance Skills"
Dancing skills.

Choreographer, Stylist, and Vocal Coaches will also weigh in on the contestants.

Brian Bradley (young boy) won't dance.

Rows of 10 will come in to sing.

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-11, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Four hours of Idol in seventeen minutes."
,,,who left? Who stayed? Who was ever there to begin with? When did they let 162 acts go through? Did anyone get their names? Any names at all? Did you see what happened --

-- oh, forget it. We could through the episode frame by frame and not catch two-thirds of the survivors. We'd be lucky to get the magic 32%. Maybe AI can feel ridiculously drawn out, but this version just felt ridiculous.

10-05-11, 08:20 PM (EST)
5. "First Singing Round"
Brief snatches of singing with mostly snide comments by the judges, with a few good comments thrown in.

Stacy gets advice that a little less is more, held a note for way too long.

Decisions Acts to find out who is the top 100.

Group 1 on the stage.

Stacy in this group, you are all through to the next round.

Group 2 takes the stage. They are the send you home group. Some drama from the rejected

Group 3 is going on to tomorrow. Tells group 3 there were more yeses and brings group 1 back in.

The judges are throwing a party for the remaining 100 acts. Some go to bed early, some party into the night.

10-05-11, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "One-downsmanship."
They are putting groups into gah-roups.

Gawds help anyone who has to recap this mess.

10-05-11, 08:26 PM (EST)
8. "RE: One-downsmanship."
*says a prayer for cahaya*

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-11, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: One-downsmanship."
Amen, sister.

I went with Survivor first last night, edited and posted that recap, poised PLAY for TXF and then read this thread as a preview. Uh, oh. I had thought an hour and a half show would be a reprieve.

Following the show's example, it looks like "condensed format" time for the recaps, which will be up tonight and tomorrow night.

10-07-11, 02:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: One-downsmanship."
Gawds help anyone who has to recap this mess.

Done.

They actually posted a photo of every one of the 100 contestants on the X Factor Web site, with X's across the 68 who didn't make the cut. I'll post a preview gallery of the final 32 in next week's opening recap.

Another observation... unlike AI, the audition clips did indeed give an indication who'd get through. We recognize many of the final 100 from their auditions, I'd say about half, maybe more.

10-05-11, 08:26 PM (EST)
7. "Gah-roups"
Each Ensemble gets a song from the judges. 5 hours to learn and polish the performance.

1/3 will be set home.

10-05-11, 08:28 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Gah-roups"
LAST EDITED ON 10-05-11 AT 08:30 PM (EST)

We get to see more of the people we have already seen.

Wait, did we see Ike's wife before?

10-05-11, 08:32 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Gah-roups"
Don't ask me. I'm still trying to get past The Sister From Nowhere.

BTW, I hate that they're trying to make it feel like dancing is near-mandatory in this contest. 'And in order to avoid any awkward moments, all people with canes and wheelchairs have already been sent home.'

10-05-11, 08:43 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Gah-roups"
Waiting to see if this is some Big Brother Twist where they didn't know the other was there until they showed up a boot camp.

10-05-11, 08:55 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Gah-roups"
No, he was shown searching for her in the crowd.

Given the simplistic methods this show is using, the Group Of Doom would have had sixty-two people in it. They know a hundred are surviving, and the producers aren't going to do two groups of 62 and one of 38 because that's just too much drama. Also too sensible. Look around, count, and if you go over fifty, you're screwed.

suski1304 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-06-11, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suski1304 Click to send private message to suski1304 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Gah-roups"
Is that true, though? There are 100 acts that were put through, but not necessarily 100 people. But yes, if someone were to keep track of exactly who belonged with who, then they could easily count and figure out if they're in a stay or go group.

10-06-11, 01:51 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Gah-roups"
True: my math was off, and I was counting each group act as a single person during the rush. (I had to work out the weight of $20,000,000 U.S. currency earlier in the day. I claim burnout.) Given the slipshod operation of the show, they still might have had a single representative from each -- but 99%+ has the fault in that post as mine. Good catch.

But if the rumors are true, the numbers are about to go unstable. There's been reports that entering groups may be broken up -- or have people added to them. (I don't know if anyone was broken up before the stage gatherings last night -- everything seems to be saying after.) And that's not the Boot Camp performances, that's 'and in the voting rounds, please fill out your invitation with a plus one.'

Get your scorecards ready.

10-06-11, 02:43 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Gah-roups"
Welcome to the RTVW boards, suski!

It's not on just any board, nor every day, that you see a newly minted 1 poster ask a sensible question to be duly answered with a self-correction by the top veteran 47,380 poster.

Estee, recall that one Ton of Cash post -- a ton of $1 bills amounts to $908,000. Weight of $20 million = $20,000,000 / $908,000/ton = 22.02 tons. You'll need a semi to haul it.

10-06-11, 03:52 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Gah-roups"
Well, the scam story in question had it being hauled through an airport, so I recalculated for $100s. It could be done with custom-made rolling luggage, a level surface, and several friends, but the bag check fee would be more than the contents and you'd never get it into the overhead.

10-07-11, 02:45 AM (EST)
36. "RE: Gah-roups"
Yeah, in 100's that'd still come to 440 pounds. Ten Samsonites should do the trick.

10-05-11, 08:42 PM (EST)
11. "Ensemble #2"
Stacy Francis in this group. She's never had anyone train her? (or was that train her to do a bit less)

http://crushable.com/entertainment/did-the-x-factor-intentionally-obscure-stacy-francis-past-success-as-a-singer-393/

This group sings I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

10-05-11, 08:53 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Ensemble #2"
Yes, they made her lie. They'll make her do a lot more before they're done.

But to be fair, it was hard for FOX to shoot their credibility when they had nothing to aim at.

10-05-11, 08:50 PM (EST)
13. "State of the gah-roups."
As long as Leroy doesn't leave, I don't care.

10-05-11, 08:51 PM (EST)
14. "Group 3"
Singing Desparado.

Old guy who is giving up after this it is his last attempt, and some young peeps in the group to contrast.

Socking through this world all alone?

I don't remember these lyrics the one black guy is singing.

10-05-11, 09:00 PM (EST)
17. "Group 4"
Wishing on a Star Jay-Z, Has Rapping in it. Rapper Kid is happy about this.

Brian messed up on his words.

10-05-11, 09:02 PM (EST)
18. "The DC Revamp kills again."
Given: Superman.
Result: Kryptonite.

10-05-11, 09:04 PM (EST)
19. "Group 5"
Superman 5 for Fighting.

Young kid starting them off flubs it. Not really doing any better as it goes along to other people. Josh does his best to rescue the thing.

10-05-11, 09:12 PM (EST)
20. "Group 6"
Has Tiah of the judges fight. Singing Feelin' Good.

Simon says he felt a lot of anxiety over her, she did a good job.

10-05-11, 09:14 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Group 6"
Even with the current run of hyperspeed, do we have time for the cuts?

10-05-11, 09:24 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Group 6"
I think they have 2 hours tomorrow, I mean how to up the "after the break" then a 22 hour one.

10-05-11, 09:33 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Group 6"
I'm half-convinced they're going this fast because they're trying to make us forget people.

10-05-11, 09:21 PM (EST)
22. "Group 7"
I Have Nothing Whitney Houston

On the one hand, I like seeing a good portion of all the groups. On the other hand...there are a lot of people I don't want to hear.

10-05-11, 09:30 PM (EST)
24. "Group 8"
Siameze is in this group. The 12 year old has nerves.

Singing "Run". Leona Lewis.

10-05-11, 09:31 PM (EST)
26. "Tomorrow Night"
Gah-roups reach a climax.

Final 32 are revealed, then split into 4 categories.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-11, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Tomorrow Night"
LAST EDITED ON 10-06-11 AT 12:44 PM (EST)

my guess

LAR: boys
Nicole: groups
Paula: girls (they couldn't give her the boys)
Simonver 30

has this been spoiled? does anyone care?

if you want to see http://www.mjsbigblog.com/x-factor-usa-spoilers-see-how-your-favs-did.htm

omh

10-06-11, 12:58 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Tomorrow Night"
I did see a rumor that Paula had the boys, but we won't know for sure until the first one sues her.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-11, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Tomorrow Night"
hence, my eta omh

10-05-11, 09:31 PM (EST)
25. "RE: X-Factor USA Boot Camp #1 ECST"
Just imagine how ugly tomorrow's episode-opening recap is going to be.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •