The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rankings - Top 6"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

csnumber23 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-28-11, 08:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail csnumber23 Click to send private message to csnumber23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rankings - Top 6"
1st - James - again the best of the night and looks like the one to beat.
2nd - Haley - She is getting better by the week but I don't think she can win it all based on the voting.
3rd - Casey - Another consistent solid performance.
4th - Scotty - A real solid performance and changed up a little.
5th - Lauren - Very good and only lands 5th, tough competition.
6th - Jacob - Solid but below the top 5 in my opinion.

Overall - I think Jacob will go and we'll have an outstanding top 5 where I would not complain with any of them winning it all.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rankings - Top 6 geekboy 04-28-11 1
   RE: Rankings - Top 6 Tummy 04-28-11 3
       RE: Rankings - Top 6 cahaya 04-28-11 4
 RE: Rankings - Top 6 cahaya 04-28-11 2
   RE: Rankings - Top 6 mindy23 04-28-11 6
 RE: Rankings - Top 6 emydi 04-28-11 5
   RE: Rankings - Top 6 mindy23 04-28-11 7
       RE: Rankings - Top 6 emydi 04-28-11 8
           RE: Rankings - Top 6 zazzy 04-28-11 10
               RE: Rankings - Top 6 agman 04-29-11 19
           RE: Rankings - Top 6 agman 04-29-11 18
           RE: Rankings - Top 6 mindy23 05-05-11 22
               RE: Rankings - Top 6 emydi 05-05-11 23
   RE: Rankings - Top 6 Estee 04-28-11 13
 RE: Rankings - Top 6 Max Headroom 04-28-11 9
   RE: Rankings - Top 6 zazzy 04-28-11 11
       RE: Rankings - Top 6 Estee 04-28-11 12
       RE: Rankings - Top 6 TWoman 04-28-11 14
           RE: Rankings - Top 6 zazzy 04-28-11 15
   RE: Rankings - Top 6 csnumber23 04-28-11 16
 RE: Rankings - Top 6 Belle Book 04-28-11 17
 RE: Rankings - Top 6 susang 04-30-11 20
   RE: Rankings - Top 6 emydi 05-02-11 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-28-11, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rankings - Top 6"
1 - James - He mixes it up yet again. He's been consistantly consistant. A brilliant take on this song.
2 - Scotty - I think this was his best so far. Another great take on a CK song. Like James, he's been consistant throughout the season except for last week when he was coasting. This is why he's #2 in my book.
3 - Casey - I love this guy, but unfortunately, I don't see him winning. As my wife says..."He sings angry". I think this turns off some people. He could be in trouble tonight.
4 - Haley - Haley is the one contestant who has GROWN all season long. She could be a darkhorse. She was a little off last night, IMHO.
5 - Lauren - Great voice, great potential, i think she's emotionally and vocally still a little young for the competition.
6 - Jacob - I think its just his time to go. Lets not even talk about the wardrobe.

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-28-11, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rankings - Top 6"
It was weird to get on this morning and see a "Rankings" thread not started by you! Now my day is going to be off-kilter!

Floating my cares away with Agman - 2011

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-28-11, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rankings - Top 6"
His rankings and mine are the same, so I know my day is off to a harmonious start.

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-11, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rankings - Top 6"
Not quite a night that does Carol King justice, but not quite a train wreck, either.

1. James - Masterful performance by James with this song. Touching solo vocal intro to start with, picking up into a rock song playing the electric guitar. Although he was barely moving in rhythm at the mike, softly switching between a few chords, his voice and performance had a hidden, yet quite visible and audible, intensity to it. At this point, I'd say he would be the favorite to win this season, given his versatility and intensity.

2. Scotty - Considering the song and lyrics, a fine (and even a privileged) arrangement for Scotty. He does well in this setting, taming down his expressions compared to previous weeks and is vocally good as ever except for the high note sustains (which it's clear he's experimenting with). This was another side to Scotty well worth watching and listening to. Thumbs up.

3. Casey - Perfect song choice and an interesting arrangement for Casey in showcasing his growling voice and stage presence. He seemed a bit tight, perhaps a little too intense, where a more relaxed demeanor may have made it better yet. Like Randy, I dig how Casey can bring something new and different with each performance. Vocally, he doesn't compare to some of the other guys in style and range, but after the first bar, in a good way, you know it's Casey. Thumbs up, but he's got a big challenge ahead to overcome the likes of the energetic James and charismatic Scotty in votes.

4. Hayley - Moo-utiful! Hayley does the usual vocal gymnastics in a fast pace with enough background music and choruses to get away with the slides and fades in her notes. No growls tonight, but we'll see if we hear any during tomorrow night's results show. Although we can give Hayley credit for improving over the last several weeks, abandoning some of her karaoke moves, she's clearly not destined to be the Idol.

5. Lauren - Lauren comes out and tries to give a pop star concert performance and didn't quite shine at it. Her vocals were ok, easy enough on the ears and she appears fairly attractive. But getting that dork on stage with her and then circling around the judges and then finishing out the song sitting next to the dork isn't what America is looking to vote for. What few lady-vote male voters there are out there will switch to Hayley if she can woo them over. And girls don't like other girls already happy with their b/f. As a whole, a typical and almost already forgotten Lauren performance that was par for her course.

6. Jacob - Jacob comes on stage with yellow shoes, yellow shirt, blue vest, purple tie, black/grey & white coat and blue jeans, and you have to wonder whether wardrobe took it a little bit too far when they were told to add some color to this guy's outfit. As far as the performance went, it was rather lively but with all the background music and chorals, he didn't have the opportunity to show off his solo voice much in this piece. As a whole, outfit included, it didn't really work for me, and I share Randy's cautious (possibly futile) hope that Jacob is going to get the votes. This isn't the performance that will save Jacob from elimination.

Agman's Muse

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-28-11, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rankings - Top 6"
I'm having a tough time deciding between James and Scotty for the number one slot. Both were amazing, but I think I'll have to give it to Scotty for pulling the rabbit out of a hat and doing something incredibly different!

That song-"You've Got A Friend", as far as I know, or heard, hasn't been done in the country genre, and I felt, hearing Scotty sing it, it could be a number one hit today on the radio! Not just with Country fans, but Soft Rock fans as well. He did it justice all the way!!

James-I have to agree with Randy, and have since day one. I think he has this competition in his pocket. It's his to win or lose, and so far, he's done everything to win. He is brilliant, shining, sweet, and his duet with Jacob, which could have been a disaster, turned out to be entertaining because of HIM!

Lauren: think the finale will encase these three in this order, IMHO. She did seem a little off, emotionally last night. Could be 'that time of the month'; maybe she's reading too many idol fan garbage, or just tired of the beating she's taking. But she was still up on her vocals, as always.

Hailey seems to be coasting, and while her voice is 'good', there is just something about her that does not ring IDOL to me. She is more lounge lizard, cruise singer. But I think she may have a career after this, even if it's hosting other Idol shows, like Kimberly Caldwell.

Casey: good choice, and he does justice to his songs. But something about him is growing old and waring. Can't put my finger on it....Don't see him as an IDOL, either. But I do see him heading out within the next few weeks, possibly after

Jacob: who should have been gone way before Pia and possibly a few others. Not going to go there-that horse has been dead for so long. He obviously has a fan base. Hey, I'm an avid church goer, but this guy is just tooooo.much. Over sings, over acts, over costumey. Prince Poppeycock-where are you to rescue us??

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-11, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rankings - Top 6"
6. They all sucked

04-28-11, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rankings - Top 6"
>6. They all sucked

I'm seriously curious why you feel that way. Not to be confrontational, but I'd really like to know why someone would watch, critique and come to the conclusion that ALL SIX of the contestants were that bad. What are you basing your judgements on? I really want to know. THANKS!

04-28-11, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rankings - Top 6"
The fact that they were singing Carole King songs in 2011 and their parents weren't even born when all the songs were out Horrible horrible theme I did not like it at all

I watched the show in less than a half hour it was so bad and the judges comments were uselesss

Jacob was screechy bad dancing
Scotty was ok in his solo but it was boring
Haley and Casey's duo was ok but not great
Lauren is always a yawnfest to me
James a capella was good but he must scream in every song and it's old
Lauren and Scotty's duo was predictable...boring
Casey song choice was odd and I'm even getting tired of growling
Haley was blah
James and Jacob's duet was hilariously bad bad dancing bad singing

I would have shaken up the duets and went

Lauren and James
Scotty and Haley
Jacob and Casey

All of this is just IMHO YMMV

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-28-11, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rankings - Top 6"
I loved this theme! I am hoping they have it again. I'd much rather have Ck night than...Dolly night again, for example.

Carol has written so many songs, there were many more they could have done.

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-11, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Rankings - Top 6"
I'm eagerly awaiting Patridge Family Night!!!!!

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-11, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Rankings - Top 6"
LAST EDITED ON 04-29-11 AT 02:24 PM (EST)

You're right, They did all suck!!!!!

a snidget original 2007

05-05-11, 10:26 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Rankings - Top 6"
>The fact that they were singing Carole King songs in 2011 and their parents weren't even born when all the songs were out Horrible horrible theme I did not like it at all
>
>I watched the show in less
>than a half hour it
>was so bad and the
>judges comments were uselesss
>
>Jacob was screechy bad dancing
>Scotty was ok in his solo
>but it was boring
>Haley and Casey's duo was ok
>but not great
>Lauren is always a yawnfest to
>me
>James a capella was good but
>he must scream in every
>song and it's old
>Lauren and Scotty's duo was predictable...boring
>
>Casey song choice was odd and
>I'm even getting tired of
>growling
>Haley was blah
>James and Jacob's duet was hilariously
>bad bad dancing bad singing
>
>
>I would have shaken up the
>duets and went
>
>Lauren and James
>Scotty and Haley
>Jacob and Casey
>
>All of this is just IMHO
>YMMV

Thanks for the input! Just wondering.

05-05-11, 10:27 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Rankings - Top 6"
I'm not doing one for Top 5 either...

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-11, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Rankings - Top 6"
Pretty much where I wound up after a night to sleep some of the disgust off. I could rank them, but mediocre was a small step above the best in show. And after that, it becomes a war between 'put me to sleep' versus 'put me in the hospital'.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-11, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rankings - Top 6"
I'm starting to see some separation.

Contenders:
1. James - Maybe not the best pure singer, but the best overall performer.
2. Casey - The most versatile and generally very good.
3. Haley - Getting better each week, which is always a good thing to do.

Long shots:
4. Scotty - A one-trick country singer but very good at it.
5. Lauren - Has a good voice but isn't quite there yet.

Long gone:
6. Jacob - Following in the footsteps of Paul and Stefano, he just isn't as talented as the top 5.

04-28-11, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rankings - Top 6"
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-11 AT 11:49 AM (EST)

My reply isn't just to your post, it's to all the people who are saying Jacob is long overdue to go.

WIth AI song assignments and wardrobe sabotage, + singing first...it will be a surprise if he does not go tonight.

Imagine, if Jacob, clothed differently, in something flattering and current, sang "You've got a friend" with out going over the top, and sang it somewhere in the second half of the show. He could have had a moment.

Wonder if Jacob chose his song or was assigned it. Wonder if the wardrobe was Jacob's idea or if it was foisted upon him. Gay preppy look or such. There's plenty of song material meant for Jacob and it has not been many of the weeks.

He's talented, and was there to be part of the top 10 but not to win. Not this year. And imo he knows it and that's why he's looked unhappy the past few weeks. He's probably been pocketing his wardrobe allowance instead of spending it to further his time on the show, lol!

Compare Big Mike to Jacob. Big Mike made it top top 4....and I think Jacob is much more talented than Big Mike is.

Interesting is that if Jacob goes, we'll have two blues/jazz singers + 2 country singers + one rocker left. Who would have thought it?

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-11, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rankings - Top 6"
If we're doing Mike vs. Jacob, don't forget the list of things Mike could do that Jacob either hasn't or simply can't.

1. Connection with a song.
2. Connection with the audience.
3. Display of a sense of humor.
4. Demonstrate stage presence.
5. Being honest about oneself.

You can call Jacob the superior talent, but Mike remains the superior performer -- and Jacob's inability to reach outside himself will ultimately be what sends him home.

TWoman 78 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-28-11, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TWoman Click to send private message to TWoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Rankings - Top 6"
"Compare Big Mike to Jacob. Big Mike made it to top 4"

Agree that Jacob is probably more talented than Big Mike although I don't care for either as singers. BUT, Big Mike will have made it further in his season for a few good reasons.

1. He was saved by the judges and should have gone out sooner
2. There was a less talented pool in his year.
3. He evoked egotistical machismo...Jacob evokes..well, you know.

04-28-11, 01:40 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Rankings - Top 6"
Good replies! Thank you.

Estee-agree with points 4 and 6.

TW--agree with all your points.

It makes me remember how much more pimped Big Mike was, and how often we were reminded that Big Mike was a new dad. Jacob doesn't have a new baby to use for pimping, and when Ryan does call him out on results night, it's about the comment that Jacob is a diva. Jacob has not gotten good pimping from AI for awhile.

I guess he is toast...unless his fan club is stronger than we know. I just thought he'd crack the top 4 over the jazzy singers.

csnumber23 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-28-11, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail csnumber23 Click to send private message to csnumber23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Rankings - Top 6"
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-11 AT 02:28 PM (EST)

Max - I agree completely with everything you said here!

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-28-11, 07:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Rankings - Top 6"
Here are my rankings, based mainly on the solo performances:

1. James -- once again, he was the best of the night. With his consistency while taking risks, he's the one to beat.

2. Scotty -- this was my favorite performance from him yet! This may help prove he's more than just a one-trick pony.

3. Lauren -- she was more confident this week but Scotty just did better.

4. Haley -- I think she could've done a little better, but I don't think she's going home.

5. Jacob -- for once, he did an up-tempo song! Unfortunately, the others just did better.

6. Casey -- it started out fine, but when he began growling it turned me off. Sorry.

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-30-11, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Rankings - Top 6"
In the future, they should have a Paul Simon theme week. He is prolific like Carole King. There are tons of song choices (PS as a solo artist, and with Simon & Garfunkle).

05-02-11, 10:17 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Rankings - Top 6"
Good idea maybe too $$ to get rights

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •