The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Pre-Top 24 Performance Picks"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-28-11, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Pre-Top 24 Performance Picks"
Now that we have our Top 24, just for fun...based on what you've seen so far, who would be your picks to win? Yes, you can pick more than one.

My Picks To Win

1) Paul McDonald - I just love this guy's voice. There has been nobody on Idol with a voice like his. Its hard to describe, but he is one of the few UNIQUE voices this season. I hope he does well.

2) Casey Abrams - The Dawg was correct. Perhaps the most talented musician ever on Idol, but also he is UNIQUE like Paul. He has the gruffy Taylor Hicks vibe but in a cooler way.

3) Lauren Alaina - One word: Power. Amazing vocals for a 16 year old. I usually don't go with the teens but this girl has something special. She could go all the way.

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Pre-Top 24 Performance Picks Estee 02-28-11 1
 RE: Pre-Top 24 Performance Picks csnumber23 03-01-11 2
 RE: Pre-Top 24 Performance Picks TWoman 03-01-11 3
 RE: Pre-Top 24 Performance Picks cahaya 03-01-11 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-28-11, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Pre-Top 24 Performance Picks"
I'm going to agree with VFTW and pick WGWG: White Guy With Guitar. Lauren will get the fundie vote (and the more disturbing her rumors become, the more she'll get), but in the end, we are going to wind up with the most generic individual holding the most common instrument. And that worthy will then go on to break Lee's sales record by remaindering an extra 20,000 releases.

It's not about talent, it's about fanbase -- and for the last few seasons, all the majority wants is WGWG. They just don't want to pay for the results.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

csnumber23 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-01-11, 06:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail csnumber23 Click to send private message to csnumber23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Pre-Top 24 Performance Picks"
My top 3 picks are winner Casey runner up Lauren A. and 3rd being James!! To round out my top 5, Haley 4th and Jacob 5th! 6th through top 10 - 6th is Scotty, 7th Rachel, 8th Julie, 9th Pia and 10th Paul - of course this is pre live performance, we'll know more tonight. BTW, I think this year is far more talented than last year in my opinion!

TWoman 78 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-01-11, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TWoman Click to send private message to TWoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Pre-Top 24 Performance Picks"
At this point I'm pulling for Paul, with Casey a close second. Haven't seen any girls that really excite me yet.

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-01-11, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Pre-Top 24 Performance Picks"
I'd like one more go-round with all 24 before choosing. Some of these 24 got a lot of air time and are fairly clear choices about going the distance (Casey is a good example) and some hardly got any airtime at all besides a hodgepodge of snippets that make it difficult to judge them.

Having said that, of the guys I'd go with Casey and Jacob. Casey's outstanding bass piece showed a side of him that we wouldn't have expected from the auditions. Jacob is not a Big Mike clone, although he reminds me of him with that larger-than-life voice of his. Jacob is better on stage and a bit more modest off of it.

Of the gals, my jury is still out. I think Lauren has the talent and chops to go the distance, but I'd like to hear her (and the some of other 11 gals) once more before listing her as the best of the gals.

All in all, a fairly talented bunch this season, perhaps one of the best top 24 crops in quite a while. I'm looking forward to tonight and tomorrow night. (Thursday, I'm not so sure.)

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •