AI is recording those two episodes a week in advance, which is all the more time for the conspiracy theories to fly. Some of the better ones already taking wing are:
2. Selected use of autotune. (Call it electronic pimping.)
3. It's the only way to make sure the show finishes within its time slot. (Oh, sure -- now they care.)
4. All storylines will be extra-predetermined.
5. Group musical number expected to be extra-embarrassing.
6. And this way, Nigel can get the votes in advance too!
VFTW is already asking people to apply for audience seats and give them song & performance spoilers. They'll likely get more than a few. But what the audience sees and what ultimately airs might be two completely different shows.
We've been in WWE territory for a while now. About all that's left is for each singer to cut their own promos. "Columbia Girl is going down!"
Oh, and we may need a top rope.
But no nooses. The producers have exclusive noose-signing rights.