The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-30-10, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week"
A surprising week, in more ways than one...

1 - Lee Dewyze - Treat Her Like A Lady - Why they didn't get Lee the pimp spot is a shock. Best performance of the night, and Lee has finally found his comfort zone on Idol. Watch out. He could surprise us all.
2 - Crystal - Midnight Train - For a song that has been overdone, she brought new life to it and switched it up. Love this girl.
3 - Casey - Hold On - Like Crystal, he knows who he is and he's finally getting the respect he deserves from the judges
4 - Andrew - Forever - FINALLY the Andrew we loved from Hollywood finds his way back. Excellent performance and he too has gained confidence.

--- GAP ---

5 - Michael - Ready For Love - I didn't know the song, but he did it well. Excellent pitch on that song.
6 - Aaron - Aint No Sunshine - Pretty good, he's been better.
7 - Katie - Like Aaron, pretty good. I agree, i cna't see a 17 year old singing that song...but...

--- GAP ---

8 - Siobhan - Through The Fire - Wow, what happened to Siobhan. Not good, pitch was all off, out of tune, shocking.
9 - Didi - What Becomes... - Agree with the judges 100%, flat, boring.
10 - Tim - Sweet Love - Wow, most obscure song choice ever on Idol?? Bizarre. I love the song but can anyone other than Anita Baker sing that one? I don't think so, and especially not Tim Urban. High School Talent Night.

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week csnumber23 03-30-10 1
 RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week bostonrobfan 03-30-10 2
 RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week FFantasyFX 03-31-10 3
 RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week Glow 03-31-10 4
   RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week mathiascruz 03-31-10 5
       RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week Glow 03-31-10 8
   RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week geekboy 03-31-10 6
       RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week mathiascruz 03-31-10 7
       RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week Glow 03-31-10 9
 RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week emydi 03-31-10 10
   RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week zazzy 04-01-10 21
 RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week mrc 03-31-10 11
 RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week mathiascruz 03-31-10 12
 RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week cahaya 03-31-10 13
 RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week Tummy 03-31-10 14
   RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week geekboy 03-31-10 15
       RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week Tummy 03-31-10 18
   RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week mathiascruz 03-31-10 17
 RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week riverrocker 03-31-10 16
 RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week Belle Book 03-31-10 19
 RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week zazzy 03-31-10 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

csnumber23 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-30-10, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail csnumber23 Click to send private message to csnumber23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week"
Geekboy, our rankings are very similar

1 - Lee - I thought this excellent and his best performance.

2 - Andrew - A huge comeback, by far his best performance.

3 - Casey - I was really impressed with this and I like Sam Cooke

4 - Chrystal - As usual, she was excellent and I loved the change up.

5 - Katie - When I saw what she was singing I thought disaster but she did well and seems to be improving every week.

gap

6 - Michael - Better than the last few weeks but I did expect more since this was his type of music.

7 - Siobhan - She seems to be going backwards to me, the screams are way past old.

8 - Aaron - Not real good but not nearly as bad as the bottom 2

Big gap

9 - Didi - She is just not that good and this performance was awful.

10 - Tim - This guy needs to go home, he has no business still being here.

Overall - I thought the top 5 were really good with Lee being the best tonight. Tim and Didi were by far the worst and if Tim doesn't finally go it should be Didi!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

bostonrobfan 490 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-30-10, 11:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bostonrobfan Click to send private message to bostonrobfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week"
1. Crystal
2. Lee
3. Casey
4. Andrew
5. Michael
6. Tim
7. Siobhan
8. Didi
9. Katie
10. Aaron

FFantasyFX 1011 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-31-10, 02:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week"
After last week's train wreck, this week was actually surprisingly good. But, year of the woman? Pshaw . . . my rankings below:

1.) Lee Dewyze - Lee nailed it tonight. The song suited him perfectly and he brought the appropriate intensity to the performance. Needs to show some consistency and go for two in a row next week.

1B.) Crystal Bowersox - Glad she changed up her regular routine and the song itself as well. Love the emotion she's starting to instill in her performances. Contra Cowell, she needs to show some flexibility (while not losing her essential essence, of course )

3.) Michael Lynche - I love him with guitar in hand; it prevents Michael from flapping his arms around in an awkward manner like he usually does. Seriously, it was my favorite performance from him thus far. Emotionally attuned and pitch perfect.

4.) Casey James - An extremely enjoyable performance, but I continue to doubt that Casey will ever truly wow me vocally.

5.) Andrew Garcia - Best performance in what . . . two months? Nice song choice and sung well.

6.) Katie Stevens - I give her credit. She put a lot of energy and pizazz into her performance tonight & it was her best vocal of the season. I think the song choice is going to backfire on her though - the song just came across as too old-fashioned and unbelievable coming from Katie. Although she wouldn't deserve it, I see a potential return trip to the bottom three on Wednesday.

7.) Aaron Kelly - He was better in the rehearsal clip than he was live tonight!? Vocally OK, but the performance just seemed flat.

8.) Siobhan Magnus - That was a hot mess, Chernobyl style. I can't think of one thing I truly liked about the performance. What should have been a home run (it was an inspired song choice) somehow turned into a triple play for the defense. It'll be interesting to see where we go from here - will tonight cause Siobhan's confidence to be permanently shot, or can she rebound? She seemed to take the criticism really hard tonight (althought it probably didn't help having the judges do an impromptu extended judging segment).

9.) Tim Urban - Stiff and uninspired during the first half, but I think Tim was getting into the song by the end. It was a bit too slow, and a bit too old-fashioned (although I think Tim prefers old-fashioned), so I think he's in real danger of going this week.

10.) Didi Benami - Robotic and mechanical. If Didi is emotionally attached to the song, it certainly didn't come through in her performance. The poor girl looks completely lost on stage at this point.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-31-10, 08:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week"
1. Lee - That was wonderful. I've been waiting for that.
2. Casey - same as Lee. After he was done, I said that was my favorite performance of the season. It was until Lee performed.
3. Michael - I love that song. He did it beautifully.
4. Andrew - nice. He needed that desperately.
5. Crystal - I didn't love it but it was different for her.
6. Aaron - he'd have gotten the 5 spot but I kept hearing Kris Allen. Sorry, Aaron, Kris did it better - no competition.
7. Katie - by default
8. Siobhan - I'm not sure what happened.
9. Didi - I didn't think it was as bad as the judges said.
10. Tim - his voice is average. His looks are average. He's not entirely unlikeable but he's not entirely likeable either.

I miss Alex more than you could imagine.

mathiascruz 65 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-31-10, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mathiascruz Click to send private message to mathiascruz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week"
did you find casey hot this time around?

03-31-10, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week"
almost. If he keeps going in that direction, I'll keep getting warmer.

03-31-10, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week"

6. Aaron - he'd have gotten the 5 spot but I kept hearing Kris Allen. Sorry, Aaron, Kris did it better - no competition.

Dittos.

I miss Alex more than you could imagine.

Double Dittos.

10. Tim - his voice is average. His looks are average. He's not entirely unlikeable but he's not entirely likeable either.

Like I say to my wife every week, "Time for Ben Stiller on Idol!"

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

03-31-10, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mathiascruz Click to send private message to mathiascruz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week"
ben stiller has that goofy look. tim doesn't. he is sexy.

03-31-10, 10:11 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week"
I opened up an Entertainment Weekly at the doctor's office last week. They were all excited about Alex. I guess it was an old one.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-10, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week"
1. Crystal-I thought she would pick this song (or the one Tim did) I loved it. She shouldn't play the piano again bc it distracted her from her singing. I loved her shoes

2. Siobhan-I liked this, esp. the beg. I thought it was a good choice and she sounded good to me until the end when she was screaming again

3. Casey-great song choice. I think this was his best but if he's going the electric guitar he needs to move around more...next week he should go back to acoustic and the chair

4. Andrew-meh on the Chris Brown song choice but he did okay with it but not as good as this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfsgXe24cqk

At one point when he sang Double your pleasure Double your fun--he should have sang DoubleMint gum! it would have shown some personality.

5. Tim-Teflon Timmy I love him. And I voted for him for over an hour! He didn't sound that bad and I love how he laughed in the judges' faces. Simon's admissions are all too true!

6. Lee-meh Nickelbacking R&B it was not that great but he did get into more but life changing, um no

7. Mike-meh...he can't play guitar so he should leave it backstage. I thought it was too slow and the lighting that they were using to try to pimp him did not help at all. I still think he should have picked a Luther song

8. Katie-such a horrible song choice. She did sing it pretty well but it was all wrong re lyrics needed to pick more contemporary like last week

9. Aaron-yeah, Kris won last year bc of this song imho. This was no where close and too close in time so everyone is going to compare. Also a bad song choice for him he needed something more contemporary. This was horrible and he completely ignored Usher's advice (great mentor by the way I love him) and just sang Iknow...100 times in monotone

10. Didi-what a rubbish of choice of song. Really, the lounge from the 70s called Didi and you got the job. This was horrible. I couldn't even listen to it all...I hope she goes this week.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-01-10, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week"
You got your wish!

Psst...who are you wishing for next week? My PTTE and Snidget contest both took a hit since Tim didn't get the boot! I need the inside wish scoop. ;)

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-10, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week"
1. Lee: Clearly the best performance of the night.
2. Andrew: Most improved performer.
3. Michael: Very good.
4. Crystal: Needs to go back to who she is and stop trying to please the judges.
5. Casey: Nothing special but a competent performance.
6. Tim: Weird song choice.
7. Didi: Not great.
8. Siobhan: Train wreck.
9. Katie: Bleh.
10. Aaron: Archuleta-lite and very weak.

A Slice of Manga

03-31-10, 12:37 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week"

1. Mike
2. Lee
3. Andrew
4. Casey
5. Crystal
6. Tim
7. Siobhan
8. Didi
9. Katie
10. Aaron

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-10, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week"
1. Michael - Ready For Love - Cool acoustic ballad, unlike what I expected. This guy is good. (And I was surprised to see him playing the acoustic guitar!)

2. Siobhan - Through The Fire - She cuts through and joins in with the background vocals and band. I'm familiar with the original and she made a good attempt to make it original of her own in just a week. Usher was totally right about her.

3. Crystal - Midnight Train - Nice performance after the strong start by the first three. Good cover, but not extraordinary.

4. Casey - Hold On - Nice week's work for a Chicago-ish band sound and vocal (and they didn't even cover the song). He's no Terry Kath, nor are his vocals great. He's a band man, not the soloist. Good follow up to Siobhan to energize the night.

5. Aaron - Aint No Sunshine - Again, know the original by heart... and yeah, I grooved on Aaron's take on it. Not stellar by any means, but hey, I like this dude.

6. Lee Dewyze - Treat Her Like A Lady - Energetic, perhaps, but still second rate.

7. Andrew - Forever - In short... the Subway singer. Five dollah in the hat.

8. Katie - Chain of Fools - Ta-da-dat-dat-dat-dah. But nuthin' like the Lady. Nuh, uh, tho' passable.

9. Didi - What Becomes of a Brokenhearted - A wannabee singer in a singing competition. 'Nuf said.

10. Tim - Sweet Love - Aw, man, there goes for VFTW votes.

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-31-10, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week"
1. Siobhan - even though she sounded a little flat at times and even after re-watching this morning I thought she's still ahead of the pack. And she doesn't compromise who she is. She's just wicked good.

2. Crystal - If she'd left off the piano and back up singers she might have been first this week.

3. Michael - loved the coustic guitar. Did a great job with this song.

4. Casey - he was in his element and it showed.

5. Lee - I can see improvement. Hopefully he's just getting used to being on stage and just keeps getting better and better.

6. Aaron - I just like the kid. And the kid can sing.

7. Andrew - Better but not as good as I thought he was going to be at the start of this season.

8. Katie - Chain of Fools - Only one I wanted to FF thru, I don't know why she bores me so much.

9. Didi - Sometimes she's hot, sometimes she's not. She was not last night.

10. Tim - Ellen hit it on the head a few weeks ago, the boy should try out for a part on Glee. He's cheesy, tweens think he's hawt and he has a passable voice. Sometimes.

03-31-10, 02:28 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week"
1. Siobhan - even though she sounded a little flat at times

a LITTLE flat?? C'mon...listen to it again. The girl was flat and out of tune practically the whole song.

geekboy

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-10, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week"
No, you come on!

I did, and.....I disagree with you. She had some bad spots but most of the time she was crystal clear and sounded lovely. In fact, I would have rated it even higher if she'd left the scream off.

I understand her doing the scream last week as it's her thing and it was to get into the top 10 but it wasn't necessary to do it this week. I think the judges would have been easier on her had she left it off also.

03-31-10, 04:32 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week"
i kinda agree with your opinion. i thought she was good. katie and crystal bore me too.
i'm not a teen anymore but i find tim hot and sexy.
didi is never not hot.
aaron? he needs a lot of training.

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-31-10, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week"
LAST EDITED ON 03-31-10 AT 02:33 PM (EST)

1. Lee, amazing
2. Casey
3. Crystal
4. Aaron

HUGE gap:

5. Mike (how can such a big guy have such a "soprano" voice?)
6. Katie (marginally okay)

Even bigger gap:

7. Shioban (really based on other nights; she bombed this)
8. Didi (okay for a singer in a cheap bar)
9. Tim (at least stayed in tune)
10. Andrew (fingernails on the chalkboard to me!)

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-10, 08:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week"
Here are my rankings:

1. Crystal -- I enjoyed her performance of "Midnight Train to Georgia." Cool performance!

2. Michael -- I liked this performance quite a bit! Of course this is his genre.

3. Lee -- not my favorite but this was his best performance. He's in the race now!

4. Casey -- his best performance in quite awhile as well.

5. Katie -- great vocals, good performance.

6. Andrew -- wow! What a comeback for him! This is the best he's been since Hollywood week!

7. Aaron -- pretty good but I agree with you, Geekboy -- he's been better.

8. Didi -- I love the song but I think this would work better on Katie than on her.

Gap --

9. Siobhan -- risky song choice, and she paid for it. I hope she's safe this week.

BIG GAP --

10. Tim -- time for him to go. He's just not good enough and maybe even he knows it. I sure hope he does!

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-31-10, 09:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Rankings - Top 10 - R&B Week"
LAST EDITED ON 03-31-10 AT 09:12 PM (EST)

1. Crystal--best vocal of the night. Performance wise, a bit unsteady at first with the piano. But she tried. I rewound her part and listened a few times. Very nice, Crystal, and I am glad you showed your versatility.

** I am worried that Crystal is getting the Melinda Doolittle treatment from the judges. Short shrift in the praise department. And didn't Simon learn from season 6 that Melinda wound up as third place? Give Crystal her proper props, judges! **

2. Lee--most improved of the ten. Right on schedule. ;)

3. Casey--I know his voice isn't as good as Crystal's but darn it, he entertains! Keep it up, Casey, I loved how you enjoyed yourself. And it seems like the musicians on AI like him, too.

--gap--

4. Michael--I appreciate his going to a quiet song to show some versatility. Over pimped, though, with Ryan asking Usher to weigh in on Michael's performance, but hey, when has AI been fair?

--gap--

Any of these can leave anytime and I won't mind except for Siobhan:

5. Tim--weak start and weak when you sang softly. Enjoyed it when you used your full voice. There was a Michael Buble-esque quality about you in those parts. And phooey on the judges, you just don't fit their agenda this year. Disney, however, may have a place for you. And I don't mean that in a negative way. I mean it in a grow up and develop your skills way; a good experience perhaps.

6. Andrew--improvement versus your previous but not as good as you should be to be on AI. Very good song choice--current, and popular. People sometimes vote as much for the song as the contestant.

7. Siobhan --good effort but fell short of the mark. I know you can deliver much more.

8. Katie--I know you can sing well but you seem like Kat McPhee #2. Overpimped.

9. Didi--all kinds of wrong. Get the judges out of your head and do what YOU want, Didi.

10. Aaron--sigh. Why are you on the show and not someone else with more talent? The pimp spot was a total gift last night. And please, don't do any more of the songs Kris did last year. Please leave some of the memories intact.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •