The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rankings - Top 8 Boys"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-10-10, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rankings - Top 8 Boys"
OK. The girls outshined the boys this week.

On with my rankings....

Top Tier
----------

Michael - A Woman's Work - great performance. Pure R&B like Maxwell is not my thang...but you can't deny he nailed it.

Casey - You'll Think Of Me - Casey is the guys' Crystal. Both have pure, natural talent. Casey can sing anything. I don't think they gave him enough credit for this performance. I think he took the song in a new direction. I loved it.

Lee - Fireflies - This proves Lee is NOT a one-trick pony. Damn good job.

Todrick - Somebody To Love - It pains me to put him in the top tier... but he did good tonight.

Mid Tier
---------

Alex - Trouble - I have to say, Alex's musical tastes are mirroring mine. Ray LaMontagne, James Morrison...good taste. I just LOVE this guy's voice. If he would just get out there and forget about teh cameras, or the TV audience, he could shine. He took a few steps back this week.

Aaron - Already There - Stick with country, its your thing. I do have to agree a bit with Kara though.....

Bottom Tier
-----------

Andrew - Genie In A Bottle - I get the feeling this guy is a one-trick pony.

Tim - Hallelujah - I thought his rendition was a bit bland. I finally figured out what bothers me about this guy. Its Ben Stiller on a singing competition.

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rankings - Top 8 Boys FFantasyFX 03-11-10 1
   RE: Rankings - Top 8 Boys emydi 03-11-10 2
 RE: Rankings - Top 8 Boys Tummy 03-11-10 3
   RE: Rankings - Top 8 Boys mindy23 03-11-10 4
       RE: Rankings - Top 8 Boys emydi 03-11-10 8
           RE: Rankings - Top 8 Boys mindy23 03-11-10 12
       RE: Rankings - Top 8 Boys Tummy 03-11-10 9
 RE: Rankings - Top 8 Boys DoodleBug 03-11-10 5
 RE: Rankings - Top 8 Boys Corvis 03-11-10 6
   RE: Rankings - Top 8 Boys geekboy 03-11-10 10
       RE: Rankings - Top 8 Boys mindy23 03-11-10 13
 RE: Rankings - Top 8 Boys Glow 03-11-10 7
 RE: Rankings - Top 8 Boys zazzy 03-11-10 11
   RE: Rankings - Top 8 Boys sica077 03-11-10 16
   RE: Rankings - Top 8 Boys Maroonclown 03-11-10 17
       RE: Rankings - Top 8 Boys zazzy 03-12-10 18
 RE: Rankings - Top 8 Boys Snidget 03-11-10 14
 RE: Rankings - Top 8 Boys frodis 03-11-10 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

FFantasyFX 1011 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-11-10, 01:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rankings - Top 8 Boys"
The guys took Week 1 of the semifinal rounds thanks in large part to the girls collectively laying an egg, but the females have now won Weeks 2 & 3 going away. Still, there was some entertaining stuff by the guys tonight.

1.) Tim Urban - I'd like to set the record straight: I obviously deserve credit for Tim's performance this week. He must have read my comment last week saying he wasn't cut out for this competition, and decided to make me eat my words. Perfect song choice for him. Moving, heartfelt, and flawless(?!?). I'm shocked to say that this was my favorite performance of the night by far. I'm worried about where we go next and have doubts that he'll be able to replicate this success with another song, but the kid deserves his due tonight.

2.) Lee DeWyze - On the positive end, I was able to understand the entire song this week! (unlike last week's debacle, which amounted to pleasant noise in large spots). Also, I think it was a smart song choice for Lee. On the negative, I thought the performance was a bit of a copycat of the original and that the small changes that were made did not pan out terribly well.

3.) Casey James - Agree that this was better than last week, worse than week one. Nice overall, but Casey played it safe this week.

4.) Michael Lynche - Michael is starting to irritate the heck out of me; his performance was way over the top for the second week in a row. His movements come across as overemphatic and choregraphed. If Todrick is made for Broadway, as Simon said, perhaps Michael should try out for Cirque du Soleil. He doesn't come across naturally on the stage to me and that has impeded my enjoyment of his last two songs. His vocals were good, but nowhere near deserving the laudatory praise he received from the judges.

5.) Todrick Hall - Gospel Queen - surreal and entertaining at the same time. Vocally, there were some nice sections, but other times Todrick seemed to speaking more than singing. I think overall Todrick is one of the weaker singers on the men's side, but it's always interesting to see what he will do.

6.) Aaron Kelly - I give Aaron credit for giving it the college try, but I think the song did not work out well for him. It was an OK performance, but probably seemed weaker than it really was to anyone comparing it to the original.

7.) Alex Lambert - Didn't get it. Stiff and boring. And, of course, my ear drums seize up every time Alex starts singing, which doesn't help.

8.) Andrew Garcia - Really didn't get it. Didn't understand the song choice, completely bizarre. The execution was even worse, the song was verging on monotone. Stick a fork in Andrew, he's done (I hope!).

I'd like Andrew and Alex to get the boot tomorrow, but think Andrew & Todrick or Andrew & Aaron is more likely.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-11-10, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Rankings - Top 8 Boys"
were we separated at birth? except for 1-2 differences, similar

1. Michael-He's got the Ruben voters in the bag. But c'mon Kara, again making it all about her....GAH

2. Tim-he did what the judges told Alex he has to do. I can't wait for Tim to do the Rolling Stones next week! VFTW!

3. Casey-this was nice, safe and forgettable, but I like Casey

4. Toddrick-this was by far his best, but too little too late I'm afraid...will he get more work on Broadway...maybe if he does, he'll pay back those kids

5. Aaron-I thought the same thing as Kara about song choice and he didn't sing it well enough for me to forget that like Simon argued

6. Lee-meh bad song bad arrangement, he's aspiring to be Nickelback...gah

7. Alex-I really don't like the tone of his voice and he needs to grow a set..I'm sick of this deer in the headlights look not charming at all

8. Andrew-I'm sure if I went looking, there's many acoustic guitar renditions of GIB...desperate is right I hope he leaves!

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-11-10, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Rankings - Top 8 Boys"
1. Michael- He was amazing. I like everything about him.

2. Lee - This song gets stuck in my head everytime I hear it, people know it as my song around here because I hum it all the time and don't realize it. I loved his version and it's the one song I would have liked to have heard him do the whole song.

3. Casey - played it safe but gets the 3rd spot from me because I like the ponytail.

4. Alex - I want him to stay because he's the one with the most growth potential and I like seeing that. I'm one that does like the tone of his voice.

5. Aaron - I didn't think I was going to like it at all when he first started out and then bam - the boy has a voice.

6. Tim - ugh. I didn't like him at all. I had to youtube Jason Castro's version to scrub my ears.

7. Toddrick - he can sing but Simon's right - he's a Broadway performer. I want him to leave because he doesn't stand a chance of winning and I want to see how far Alex can take it.

8. Andrew- When this started I thought he'd be the top on or two of the boys. Wow, was I wrong. Not sure what happened but he struggles.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-11-10, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rankings - Top 8 Boys"
Wow, for me, Dawgs, this week is a tough one to call for the guys. They all seemed about the same. Could it be the pain meds, sinus conjestion, recovery from the shoulder surgery, all of the above?? I got the girls, but the guys-glad I taped it and watched it after midnight...

I honestly can't put them in order, and that is a first and really weird for me. I went back a few moments ago and listed TWICE again to Michael to see what all the hoppala was all about.
OK, the song itself is amazing. Never heard it before today. Had to actually pull it up on YouTube, because I could not understand Michael's enunciations.

I was crying, too, but from Maxwell's version, with the lyrics in front of me. Reminded me of all the years that have flown by with my daughter, etc. Will NOT go there!! Does not mean I think Mike was the best-he picked the most emotionally relevant song, stayed on pitch, performed it well. But to say it was the 'best ever on a live show'??? NAH! Bah humbug to you, Simon!!

Do you not remember Bo's 'Time in a Bottle', or Fantasia's 'Summertime'?? Even some of Archuletta's and Gokeys were as praise-worthy! And Cook? Come on! Not the BEST EVER by a mile!!!!!! IMHO, and I don't get millions to say so, so whatever....

Should go tonight? Todrick and Andrew. Will go? Todrick and Andrew. Worse song of the night? Probably Andrew's, but I'm honestly not jumping hoops over that one, either...

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-10, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Rankings - Top 8 Boys"
I took Simon's comments to mean he thought it was the best of this year's live performances in the last 3 weeks only

03-11-10, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Rankings - Top 8 Boys"
>I took Simon's comments to mean
>he thought it was the
>best of this year's live
>performances in the last 3
>weeks only

Maybe, Emydi, But I listened to the comment 3 x's and my mind went the same place. He said of 'all the live performances on this show'. Could he mean of THIS season, or ALL seasons? Guess it depends on how a person construes that, and we obviously had our brainwaves in different places. But like I said, I was dealing with lots of pain and meds, so I could very well stand corrected!! Thanks for a clarification...

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-11-10, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Rankings - Top 8 Boys"
I didn't cry last night but I cried on SYTYCD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HRaLpRAfek

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-10, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Rankings - Top 8 Boys"
All things considered, hoping that Tim and Todrick get the boot tonight.

Michael, Lee and Casey are my top three guys at this point.

The rest are forgettable.

Corvis 3116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-11-10, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Rankings - Top 8 Boys"
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-10 AT 02:01 PM (EST)

I had to put my rankings up this week because I really disagree with folks.

1. Andrew - I really enjoyed his performance. I have not heard the original so didn't have that compare it to, but I thought he sounded cool and interesting.

2. Lee - A decent performance, not wowing me but good enough. Too bad he went first - he could be in real trouble.

3. Tim - I liked this. Honest performance, decent vocal.

4. Toddrick - He is a Broadway performer which doesn't bother me - I love Broadway! I hope, if he stays, he continues to embrace that.

5. Alex - He's growing on me. I can hear the unique-ness in his voice now.

6. Casey - Kind of boring performance.

7. Aaron - Started out bad, but he rescued it. Not terrible performance.

8. Michael - He was NOT amazing. I couldn't understand a single word he said. And his cocky attitude is really starting to grate on me. I don't know the song he sang, so maybe if I had known the words, it would have affected me. But since he doesn't know how to enunciate, I couldn't understand a damn thing. Most overrated singer in the competition - no question.

geekboy 1778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-11-10, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geekboy Click to send private message to geekboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Rankings - Top 8 Boys"
Corvis -

I totally agree with you. The attitude/ego/cockiness is starting to wear a bit thin with me too. But...he can SANG. He needs to balance it out and learn about being humble.

geekboy

"I think what Randy Travis was trying to say was 'What the hell was that?!'" - S. Cowell

03-11-10, 06:05 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Rankings - Top 8 Boys"
>Corvis -
>
>I totally agree with you.
>The attitude/ego/cockiness is starting to
>wear a bit thin with
>me too. But...he can
>SANG. He needs to
>balance it out and learn
>about being humble.
>
>geekboy
>
>
>"I think what Randy
>Travis was trying to say
>was 'What the hell was
>that?!'
" - S. Cowell

Here, Here. Count me in, too!!! My words, exactly, if you hadn't said them before me....

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-10, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Rankings - Top 8 Boys"
Michael - It's probably because of the song.
Lee - pony
Alex - I adore this kid.
Tim - I thought he was miles better last night. Still kind of average.
Casey - It bugged me that he rushed the words. It was making me crazy.
Andrew - didn't like it. like him though.
Aaron - cute kid. Nice voice. Others are better.
Todrick - Broadway, yes. Reminds me of that guy whose name I can't think of right now from Rock Star INXS who I didn't like but Todrick's not nearly as talented.

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-11-10, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Rankings - Top 8 Boys"
I liked the guys better than the girls this week, hands down.

I even went back and listened to five of the eight--I found them all on you tube and I just listened to them instead of watching them.

1. Casey--I really liked his rendition and felt like he was on the radio right now singing it. I'm not a big country fan but like some of the crossover and this sounded like crossover country to me. As in a big hit for him. I think he was underpraised/ undercredited by the judges last night; but at least Kara stopped doing the cougar crap. I hope he can do better than Bucky in terms of placement on the show; a lot depends on how he's treated by the judges as they decide who their favs are. However, Kris overcame that prejudice that year.

Randy's feedback sucked; Ellen was fine; Kara--muted and talked about missing the spark, I hope she goes back and listens again; Simon gave him "second best" of his performances but his tone and delivery in saying that were watered down.

2. Michael--ok, his niche is Luther Vandross's niche. Were Kara's tears being bought by anyone? If so, do you think she's on fertility hormones?

2. (tied) Tim-- yes, some pitch problems but he put it out there and I enjoyed it. I've listened to some of his songs on you tube and I think he has a lot of potential. Even if he doesn't make the top 12 or if he does and goes out early, he is one who will get better and better over the next few years. Maybe being on AI can hasten that.

4. Alex--credible job but didn't like it as much as last week and didn't like his voice as much. But, he delivered it well.

4.(tied) Lee-- some parts were warbly but I liked it anyway. I like his tone and hope he makes the top 12.

------

Not only are these three at the bottom of the night for me, I won't be sad if any of them don't make the top 12. Andrew had promise but ....well, we know how that turned out.

Andrew--seems lost and banking on earlier fans.

Aaron --no, no, no...but will people vote for the song?

Todrick-- I don't like my Queen in a gospel style or maybe I just don't like Todrick. Either way, just no.

sica077 523 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-11-10, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sica077 Click to send private message to sica077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Rankings - Top 8 Boys"
>Todrick-- I don't like my Queen
>in a gospel style or
>maybe I just don't like
>Todrick. Either way, just
>no.

I agree. Not sure what it is about him, but he's just not for me.

Plus, the second they said what he was singing all I could think about was Elliott's amazing performance of it. <sigh> I loved Elliott.

Maroonclown 5817 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-10, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Rankings - Top 8 Boys"
but at least Kara stopped doing the cougar crap.

Does that mean I can continue my cougar crap?

Thanks Cap'n

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-10, 07:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Rankings - Top 8 Boys"
Absolutely, wouldn't miss it.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-10, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Rankings - Top 8 Boys"
1. Tim. Sure he may have arranged that to fit the limits of his voice, but he was in tune, not singing out of his upper sinuses.

2. Micheal, only because I hated the rest.

3. Casey. At least it wasn't nasally but the vibrato doesn't cover up how thin your voice sounds to me. At least you have cute to fall back on.

4. Todrick. At least you were entertainingly bad.

5. Aaron. At least you didn't use a guitar to hide from the band.

6. Andrew, want to put you last for trying to recapture the glory rather than give up girls songs sung way too slow but

7-8 Alex and Lee the nasal twins.

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-10, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Rankings - Top 8 Boys"
It's sad. I can't remember all of their names yet. I'm better at remembering the guys names than the girls. When I read people's ranking lists I really have to stop and think which one is Andrew and which one is Alex and which one is Aaron. . .

So. I liked Michael. I liked Tim (yeah, he's probably not long for this world but he has a cute face) and I liked the little guy who Ellen keeps calling a banana.

Everyone else blends together.

I didn't think Tim did as good a job as Jason Castro did with his song, and he also had the unfortunate luck to sing it after k.d. lang performed probably the most stirring version of that song I've heard, at the Olympics. I actually thought he was going to get nailed for it, but he didn't, so just goes to show what I know.

Way too many of these guys have the same hair as the Chad in mrc's sig. I keep referring to it to Mr. Fro as douchebag hair. It's so unfortunate. It's like hat-head on purpose. It looks BAD.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •