The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Bachelor Season ??, Brad version 2.0"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-04-11, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Bachelor Season ??, Brad version 2.0"
I know a lot of people said they would not be watching this season, but surely I wasn't the only one who did watch last night, right?

I cannot believe he kept Fang Girl. I don't remember her real name, and probably won't ever. She will always be Fang Girl to me. He kept Slap Girl, and High-Kick Girl as well. I think Big-Booty Girl got a rose as well.

They've sucked me in with the previews. I have to know how the one girl wakes up with a black eye.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Bachelor Season ??, Brad ve... jbug 01-04-11 1
 RE: The Bachelor Season ??, Brad ve... mrc 01-04-11 2
 RE: The Bachelor Season ??, Brad ve... Loree 01-04-11 3
 RE: The Bachelor Season ??, Brad ve... samboohoo 01-04-11 4
 Fang Girl? Snidget 01-04-11 5
   RE: Fang Girl? byoffer 01-05-11 16
       RE: Fang Girl? Flowerpower 01-07-11 24
   Just to confirm... byoffer 01-21-11 25
 RE: The Bachelor Season ??, Brad ve... qwertypie 01-05-11 6
 Insulted. Estee 01-05-11 7
   RE: Insulted. samboohoo 01-05-11 8
       One word. Estee 01-05-11 9
   RE: Insulted. qwertypie 01-05-11 10
       RE: Insulted. Estee 01-05-11 11
       RE: Insulted. samboohoo 01-05-11 12
           RE: Insulted. Tummy 01-05-11 13
               RE: Insulted. Estee 01-05-11 14
                   RE: Insulted. samboohoo 01-06-11 19
                       RE: Insulted. Estee 01-06-11 22
                           RE: Insulted. qwertypie 01-22-11 26
               RE: Insulted. samboohoo 01-06-11 18
                   RE: Insulted. Tummy 01-06-11 20
                       RE: Insulted. samboohoo 01-06-11 23
       RE: Insulted. weltek 01-05-11 15
 RE: The Bachelor Season ??, Brad ve... Bojackson999 01-06-11 17
   RE: The Bachelor Season ??, Brad ve... Estee 01-06-11 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

01-04-11, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Bachelor Season ??, Brad version 2.0"
recorded it but haven't watched yet.
I didn't see his first season; just heard all the stuff about how he didn't choose either one.
I think I started watching the next season with Deanna or whatever her name was; she was a snotty little diva - with a "I deserve this more than anyone else attitude"

Shivering in the cold - Agman 2010

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

01-04-11, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Bachelor Season ??, Brad version 2.0"
Is it just me, or is Ashley H. a blond twin of Ashley Elmore? Even their mannerisms are the same.

The producers sure picked some masculine women for ole Brad.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

01-04-11, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Bachelor Season ??, Brad version 2.0"
I watched. If I don't watch I can't snark on it. That is the best part about this show.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

01-04-11, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Bachelor Season ??, Brad version 2.0"
I haven't watched it yet. I only saw the intro - hubba freaking hubba. My god. Brad is hotter than all of Ali's suitors put together. My god, he is absolutely fricking hot as heck!!!!!!

I peeked at bits and pieces. I saw the slap. I saw the real pretty girl and later found out from Reality Steve about her connection to the Hendrick family. I also saw Fang Girl. Yuck. I also saw some poor girl who wanted to talk but kept getting interrupted.

I will probably not be able to watch until sometiem later this week. We've had two weeks of nothing on and now we're back to too much on. Grrrrr.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

01-04-11, 06:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Fang Girl?"
Egad is every last network going to jump on the vampire bandwagon?

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

01-05-11, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Fang Girl?"
Although not very noticable from the publicity photo here, Madison certainly had fangs and tried to show a mysterious attitude to match.

There are more pics here including some that show her to be smoking hot, but the teeth spoil it all for me. (does that me be a vampire bigot?)

And for those of you who are curious but don't watch the show, here is the scene.

I have no idea why he kept her (aside from the teeth, she ust seemed annoying). My guess is that she is the plant that they made him keep just to get people talking.

Flowerpower 7012 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-11, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Fang Girl?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-07-11 AT 08:39 AM (EST)

I have no idea why he kept her (aside from the teeth, she ust seemed annoying). My guess is that she is the plant that they made him keep just to get people talking.

Don't you think they are instructed to keep a few of the "weirdos"...it makes for more drama and controversy. Remember, Jake had a stalker, and Jillian had a suitor with a serious foot fetish....one of them had a "drunk" that stayed on....it seems that every season there are definitely some suitors that get through that are way, way out there. This year it's "fang girl". Come on, he was on to her from the first minute, noting that she was there as a big joke.

This season I didn't notice too many that were masculine? I thought that this season the women seemed far more attractive than in seasons past. The North Carolina girl who got the first rose was adorable. The blonde with the child, who had lost her husband was a knock-out. The other brunette mom with a child was gorgeous. I thought compared to seasons past they have really increased the looks of the women.

AS for Brad, he really is quite a specimen. While I think he seems very committed to finding a mate, and I believe he's put the time in therapy to deserve some happiness, but geez, out of all the guys in the world, he gets two chances at this...really? The next thing you know they'll be bringing the ultimate DAW back, Jake....UGH! Furthermore, I'm not totally anti-tatoo, but geez, when did he get that BIG, HONKING, TAT all over his back?? Tacky, imho.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-11, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Just to confirm..."
... they are fake and removable.

Madison also acknowledged that while she wore her fangs throughout her time on The Bachelor, she doesn't wear them much in her regular life.

"It started out as kind of something for fun, but now it has sort of become my signature thing. Anyone who knows me or has gone out in New York with me knows that sometimes they make an appearance. Yes, it's sort of become my little thing and I have fun with it -- people have fun with it -- it's just kind of how it goes, but I barely wear them at home," she said.

link:
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/the-bachelor-bachelorette-madison-garton-emily-wasnt-only-reason-i-quit-11903.php

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

01-05-11, 00:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Bachelor Season ??, Brad version 2.0"
There goes my resolution not to over imbide.

So far we drank everytime
1. a bachelorette hiked up her strapless gown
2. Brad called Chris "Man"
3. the phrase "second chance", "3 years is a long time",
4. Brad said the word "wife"

Good thing I quickly decided to only sip.
Most excellent!

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

01-05-11, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Insulted."
The opening segment -- the only part I could stand to watch -- may have been the most scripted piece of television I've seen this season. It was definitely the largest middle finger raised directly towards what the producers were hoping would be my nonexistent IQ.

Let's think about Brad's original season. He rejected both women at F2. Why? Because in the ultimate analysis, he didn't feel he'd found love and didn't want to lie to either one. Why set up a false relationship for the network's benefit just because it's what virtually everyone on this show does before breaking it off a few months later? He told the truth: the ending to this fairy tale is 'and no one lived happily ever after'. And for this, people hated him. Because as much as a certain segment of this audience watches for the fights and fake drama and scripted events, others are watching for The Magic Of Artificial Romance, and anything which breaks the illusion must die.

So Chris turns down the show. Chris is too intelligent to let these people run his life a second time. They go to Brad as a backup plan, because to the producers, it's a redemption story! It's not that he didn't find love, it's that he didn't believe in love! But how are we going to convince our audience to take him back?

Cue opening segment.

It was as if they'd sat down with every pop psychology book written on the mindset of women and spent two seconds (total) skimming the chapter titles. Oooh, let's make him look vulnerable! Reach back into his past and find a reason he's unable to trust! Of course we'll have trouble if it's a mommy issue, so we'll make it a father one instead! Sure, that works: we're owned by Disney and absent fathers run our entire animation division. And here he is, visibly having Remorse over Not Believing In The Power Of Love. Here he is mourning about the reactions of those evil, evil bloggers with no window open on anything faintly resembling a blog and while we're at it, evil bloggers? Take that, Reality Steve!

Brad's vulnerable, faithful viewers. He's talking about his feelings: isn't that what all women covered in pop psychology books want to hear? He's so determined to open up, he's seeing a shrink. Who will testify on national television, working from no more than twenty takes, that Brad is Ready To Love. He will commit to your predetermined fairy tale. He will wear the armor, and it will shine.

Oh, and just in case a small segment of the audience starts thinking about all this, we're going to try for a hormone override. Off with the shirt! And keep it off! For the last fourth of the segment, never did we see a piece of upper-body clothing. Focus on the pecs, focus on the biceps, don't listen to the sound of the script pages turning, just look at the body and nothing else until the lust kicks in and screams 'Forget the non-crime he committed before in the name of the sexual assault I'm ready to commit right now!'

The opening segment had a message, and that message was 'All women have an intelligent quotient normally found in kumquats, and we used that particular fruit for this reference as a joke we knew they wouldn't be capable of understanding. All women think the same way. None of them can see what we're actually doing here. Most of them would be insulted if we tried the same tactics using a Bachelorette, but that's because virtually all females have an unbreakable set of double standards. Take his shirt off again!'

And after watching all that and never quite making up my mind between laughter and an angered scream, I turned the television off.

I was insulted by both the message they were sending and the way they tried to present it. I understand why everyone didn't feel the same way. And I do know people watch this thing just to snark at it.

But a significant portion of the viewership -- the likely majority -- fell for that con. And for that, I'm not insulted.

I'm just depressed.

Well, they got the double standards part right.

01-05-11, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Insulted."
As soon as the shirt came off, nothing else mattered.

01-05-11, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "One word."
Jake.

01-05-11, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Insulted."
I didn't watch Brad's season so I am scratching my head. Was his crime that he didn't pick anyone in the end (really, considering I watched Dee-ANNNNNNAH's season, I do admire his taste in not choosing her) , or did he bang everyone a la Bob?

01-05-11, 12:37 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Insulted."
Mostly the 'picked no one' thing. Some of the locked thread fun can be seen on Page 14. People -- reacted.

01-05-11, 04:10 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Insulted."
Agree.

And really, did you see his abs? I wasn't cray about the tat, but my god, did you see his abs?

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-05-11, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Insulted."
You're soooo easy.

I can't watch. His voice and speech pattern the first time around made me want to stab icepicks into my brain thru my eardrums. Upon watching commercials I find myself with that same urge anytime he speaks. There are no abs worth it. I choose to save my ears, my brain and my sanity with one simple choice. Click.

While I admire Chris' decision to turn down the Bachelor I am in mourning also.

01-05-11, 04:53 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Insulted."
You're soooo easy.

She can't be easy. Her standards aren't high enough.

I repeat: Jake.

01-06-11, 10:39 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Insulted."
I've traded in Jake for Brad.

01-06-11, 11:51 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Insulted."
I just imagined what would happen if you were the last line of defense against planetary damnation and the Antichrist had nice abs.

I'm happy to report you never heard the final screams.

01-22-11, 02:41 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Insulted."
*SNORT!*

01-06-11, 10:38 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Insulted."
I will agree with you about Chris.

But you know he's apparently with Peyton now, right?

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-06-11, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Insulted."
Yeah, I know. I don't know whether to "sigh" or "pout" or just hope things work out for them. And it isn't so much as wanting Chris as the next Bachelor and not getting him, it was my crush on his dad. I was so wanting to see more of him.

Seriously, I have no hate that Brad didn't choose. I never understood why so many did when he was probably one of the more honest about it of the Bachelor's. It really is his voice and speech pattern that grates on my last nerve. And I'm surprised I seem to be the only one it effects that way.

01-06-11, 04:38 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Insulted."
I get what you mean with the voice/speech thing. I've heard worse, so I guess it doesn't bother me that much.

I really hope that Chris can find happiness. If that's with Peyton, so be it. I just thought he was such an awesome guy.

I watched a little more at lunch today. I'm up to the point of him meeting Emily. I see that she was happy to see it was Brad. I wonder if she (or any of them for that matter) applied thinking Chris would be the next bachelor.

Some of these girls are downright scary.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

01-05-11, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Insulted."
I had the same question as qwerty. I guess I don't really get the Brad-hate. I mean, I get the general bachelor/ette hatred in general when the Bach makes out with all the contestants, but this sounded like a different hatred issue.

Poor guy is going to have an anxiety attack around these women. He looked ready to blow a lid during the limo intros.

-A Tribetastic Creation

Bojackson999 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-06-11, 04:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bojackson999 Click to send private message to Bojackson999 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The Bachelor Season ??, Brad version 2.0"
LAST EDITED ON 01-06-11 AT 04:25 AM (EST)

Most of these women were beyond obnoxious! Where does ABC find them? The fang girl is just freaky! Which woman do you all think seems the most obnoxious? vote http://whosright.com/poll/bachelor-which-contestant-deserves-our-first-impression-rose-for-the-most-obnoxious

01-06-11, 11:49 AM (EST)
21. "RE: The Bachelor Season ??, Brad version 2.0"
You aren't exactly subtle.

You are decidedly alerted.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •