The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"melissa on dancing with the stars"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

cainiacs 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-08-09, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cainiacs Click to send private message to cainiacs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"melissa on dancing with the stars"
Looks like Melissa is back on TV. She is joining Dancing with the Stars............
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: melissa on dancing with the sta... hjon 03-09-09 1
 Hollywood vs teaching degree CSHS79 03-09-09 2
   RE: Hollywood vs teaching degree Revan 03-09-09 3
   RE: Hollywood vs teaching degree true 03-10-09 4
       RE: Hollywood vs teaching degree qwertypie 03-10-09 5
           RE: Hollywood vs teaching degree woiwod 03-10-09 6
               RE: Hollywood vs teaching degree true 03-11-09 7
   Missed my point CSHS79 03-11-09 8
       RE: Missed my point thndrkttn 03-11-09 9
           RE: Missed my point Angelflutter 03-16-09 11
       RE: Missed my point Snidget 03-11-09 10
 Melissa on GMA Loree 06-22-09 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

hjon 1 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-09, 00:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail hjon Click to send private message to hjon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: melissa on dancing with the stars"
I think Melissa will reach the final four and possibly win. Unless she's a bad dancer which I doubt as a former Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader no one will vote her off. People will be rooting for her and so will I.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

CSHS79 862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-09-09, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CSHS79 Click to send private message to CSHS79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Hollywood vs teaching degree"
I wonder what happened to Melissa's future plan to get her teaching degree? After all isn't that what she told Jason as to how she saw her future? Or is that how Melissa changed? As in Jason asked her what schools she applied to and she said something to the affect that there is time for that?

You may say the show is only a couple of months but if she makes it to a certain point in the competition she'd be expexcted to take part in the tour thus once again putting off this plan to get her teaching degree. Or was that just a ploy to get Jason to think of her as this family oriented gal?

I say Jason should count himself lucky since it's obvious she's not the gal she pretended to be, she's just another girl with stars in her eyes. Or maybe she isn't truly set on what she wants for her future now that she's too old to be a cheerleader?

Revan 5 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-09, 08:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Revan Click to send private message to Revan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Hollywood vs teaching degree"
I'm glad she is doing the show.. She is young. Still time in her life to get her teaching degree.. But you know every season the contestants on DWTS say how much fun it is. And that opportunity wouldn't come around more than once for Melissa. So I say YOU GO GIRL! Shake it and let's win this!!

I personally don't see her trying to prove anything to anyone. She doesn't need to and I don't see her as that kind of woman.

I will now be watching DWTS for as long as she is on it and rooting for her ALLL the way.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-10-09, 07:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Hollywood vs teaching degree"
I don't know of any degree programs that start in March? Do you?

DWTS will be over by May, and I would think that a tour would follow over the summer. Not every star goes on tour, but if Melissa did, I don't think it would interfere with her education all that much.

I admired Melissas restraint not to whore herself after being dumped on TV. She did a single interview on Ellen, and a People print interview, and that was it.

Now, DWTS is a HUGE show, and clearly Melissa has a background in dance. I'd think she would be a total idjut to turn down an opportunity like that. ymmv.

I don't think Melissa pretended to be anything she wasn't to Jason. She's just proving that she is smart enough to capitalize on a fantasitc opportunity. (WAAAYYY better than being The Bachelorette!) I hope she does well and continues to prove that she has all the class that Jason lacks.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-09, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Hollywood vs teaching degree"
Total agreement here!

woiwod 174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-10-09, 06:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail woiwod Click to send private message to woiwod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Hollywood vs teaching degree"
Hmmm. so no one thinks she was on the Bachelor to gain TV time? Open your eyes. she is obviously very interested in being on tv. I watched the show dwts and I do agree that she is pretty good but I will not vote for her because of who she is but I will vote for her if I think she is good.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-09, 07:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Hollywood vs teaching degree"
Hmmm. so no one thinks she was on the Bachelor to gain TV time? Open your eyes. she is obviously very interested in being on tv.

What? Who said that?

You've missed the point. Of course she went on The Bachelor to get TV time, all these reality tv peeps are DAWs of the highest order. However, right after being dumped on TV, Melissa did show some restraint as far as media appearances go.

We were commenting on how it is possible that Melissa could still persue her teaching degree in addition to appearing on DWTS, and that her participation on DWTS did not make her guilty of some big horrible lie being told to Jason.

And please, don't tell me, or anyone else here to "open my eyes" when clearly, your eyes weren't open enough to position your reply where it makes any sense.

CSHS79 862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-11-09, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CSHS79 Click to send private message to CSHS79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Missed my point"
I think you missed my point. Fine she takes advantage of the opportunity to be on Dancing with the Stars, something we agree
shouldn't interfer with her plan to get her teaching degree.

My point was could what happened between Jason and Melissa have been that Jason expected certain things and didn't get them, for example Melissa not applying to schools to get that degree. After all I do believe in order to enter the fall term of 2009 she would have had to apply before Christmas 2008.

While it may have been harsh and quick, Jason has Ty to consider and if he didn't see Melissa settling into the kind of life they discussed then he was right to end it. I think Jason would have been okay with Melissa taking advantage of this kind of opportunity as long as he also saw the balance of the 2 of them settling into the kind of life a couple has to have for the sake of a child.

thndrkttn 3216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-11-09, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thndrkttn Click to send private message to thndrkttn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Missed my point"
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-09 AT 01:35 PM (EST)

"I think Jason would have been okay with Melissa taking advantage of this kind of opportunity as long as he also saw the balance of the 2 of them settling into the kind of life a couple has to have for the sake of a child."

Maybe I’m misunderstanding but I am under the impression that Melissa didn’t get the DWTS opportunity until:

1. Jason dumped her and then further humiliated her on national tv;

and

2. Jewel and Nancy backing out in the last week. Not while AFTR1 OR 2 was taping but last week. Like ‘real time’ last week.

Jason has nothing to do with Melissa doing or not doing DWTS. He’s been with Molly for weeks now. This opportunity came up this past Friday, I believe.

Jason's a tool who while maybe he had a change of heart, he certainly did not have to go to the lengths that he did to push Melissa's face in the dirt and further rub it in.

I think DWTS producers saw her as being in the limelight and America's current sweetheart (thanks to Jason's elephantine douchebaggery) and asked her if she would take the place of one of the injured contestants. She accepted. End of story.

ETF: using the word douche just a tad too many times...even though he deserves it.

Angelflutter 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-16-09, 06:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelflutter Click to send private message to Angelflutter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Missed my point"
Jason is an idjut, end of story. Melissa has a chance to do something very exciting and I say go for it. As someone else said - she is still young and there is plenty of time for her to go to school. Molly is an idiot if she stays with Jason - I don't think that he even knows what he wants in a woman. I only hope that he doesn't parade woman after woman into his sons life. Don't we all know how that can mess up a youngun. Molly, as side note for ya - the first time he starts to act like an idiot RUN!!!! It's really a shame, I really liked Jason at first, but ladies we have all been played by some man at ont time in our lives and know that something that seems too good to be true usually is. : ) I wish you all of the best, but like most of the couples in the Bachelor / Bachelorette series, I think this relationship is doomed for a big failure.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-09, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Missed my point"
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-09 AT 01:51 PM (EST)

I didn't get the feeling that after the show was taped she had a set of things to do that he expected and she didn't apply to school or that type of thing. That she mis-represented what she was going to do and didn't fufill the contract enough so got dumped sort of thing.

It sounded like to me he had a checklist before the show started.
Melissa was the girl that met the checklist so he decided on her.

I don't think he really got to know her much beyond she's fits the checklist. At the end he went with the checklist even though by then he figure out that the initial check list wasn't all he thought it would be, and maybe non-checklist girl was a pretty fine match.

I don't know if he really loved her, or loved his check list. I had the feeling he didn't get to know her well enough to know if she met the fantasy that checklist represented or not. Anywho, hardly anyone can live up to the pre-determined checklist. Especially if he found someone else that actually fit better but wasn't checklist girl.

I think it was doomed from the moment he decided that she was checklist girl rather than getting to know Melissa and seeing if he loved Melissa. It's easy to love the checklist, not so easy to love a real person you tried to stuff into it.

I dunno if she was out looking for the next reality TV show, but after the huge response to the endless after the rose specials ABC would be silly not to offer it to her. She was on everyone's radar, good for the ratings. Just like Holly's got enough recent press that people will watch and not change the channel.

ETA: Timeline.

ATR episode one was taped several weeks ago. Just after the holidays. so she got dumped long before anything came up.

ATR episode two was taped close to air time, so several weeks after Melissa got dumped.

DWTS couldn't have impinged on the decision. It was IMO not being checklist girl every day over the winter holidays that doomed Melissa.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

06-22-09, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Melissa on GMA"
Now Melissa is working on Good Morning America for the summer. She is what they call a special contributor that is going to be doing fun spots. I thought she wanted to stay out of the media after The Bachelor. She sure does love the limelight.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •