The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Mole Questions - Help"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Mole General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-11-08, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Mole Questions - Help"
I am a new Mole watcher. I am getting the hang of it and liking it, but I'm slightly confused on a few things, and I can't find a FAQ page anywhere. I'll start with these two:

1. How exactly does someone win the game?

2. Does the Mole *have to* sabotage every challenge? Or can he/she actually try not to sabotage in order to defer to someone else who might be bluffing?

Tribe is pushing up my daisies!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Mole Questions - Help nailbone 06-11-08 1
 RE: Mole Questions - Help LostAddict 06-11-08 2
   RE: Mole Questions - Help DebCapsFan 06-11-08 4
       RE: Mole Questions - Help LostAddict 06-11-08 9
 RE: Mole Questions - Help DebCapsFan 06-11-08 3
   RE: Mole Questions - Help samboohoo 06-11-08 5
   RE: Mole Questions - Help cipher5150 06-11-08 6
       RE: Mole Questions - Help popeave 06-11-08 7
       RE: Mole Questions - Help suzzee 06-11-08 10
           RE: Mole Questions - Help mindy23 06-14-08 11
 The art of undercutting. Estee 06-11-08 8
 RE: Mole Questions - Help Lasann 07-02-08 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

06-11-08, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Mole Questions - Help"
Oo oo, I think I know the answer to #2.

The Mole doesn't *have* to do anything. He/she is fed information by the producers that can be used to sabotage, etc.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

LostAddict 420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-11-08, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LostAddict Click to send private message to LostAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Mole Questions - Help"
I'm glad you started this thread, because I have a question too:

does the mole get the money they DON'T earn? For some reason I was thinking he/she did, but I haven't acutally heard that so I thought maybe my brain just made it up.

DebCapsFan 2747 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

06-11-08, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DebCapsFan Click to send private message to DebCapsFan Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Mole Questions - Help"
No, the Mole gets a flat fee paid for by the producers of the show. Although that would be great incentive!

LostAddict 420 desperate attention whore postings

06-11-08, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LostAddict Click to send private message to LostAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Mole Questions - Help"
Thanks, I knew it was probably to good to be true!

DebCapsFan 2747 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

06-11-08, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DebCapsFan Click to send private message to DebCapsFan Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Mole Questions - Help"
Hey *waves* welcome to the Mole.

The person who answers the most questions correctly on the final quiz (who isn't the Mole)is the winner. The final quiz is taken by three players. One player is the winner, one player is the runner up, and one player is the Mole.

The Mole doesn't *have* to do anything. Sometimes people pretending to be the Mole to throw the others off will sabotage a game. Other times, people biker so much the Mole doesn't have to do anything. Sometimes, a player genuinely makes a mistake. It happens.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

06-11-08, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Mole Questions - Help"
Thanks Deb!

Tribe is pushing up my daisies!

cipher5150 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-11-08, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cipher5150 Click to send private message to cipher5150 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Mole Questions - Help"
I would add that the final quiz, if memory serves, is quite hard and detailed – along the lines of “When you first met the mole twenty days ago what color shirt was he/she wearing?” So it is possible to know who the mole is and still lose the final quiz, which is why good note taking is very important.

popeave 433 desperate attention whore postings

06-11-08, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail popeave Click to send private message to popeave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Mole Questions - Help"
The quiz strategy seems to change over the course of the show. In the first few episodes, it's probably pretty tough for the contestants to have figured out yet who the mole is, so the main thing to do on the quiz is go with majority answers (if there's a choice between a group of two and a group of nine, choose the group of nine) and be fast. Speed counts as a tiebreaker on the quiz.

As the show progresses, the contestants begin to have a better idea of who the mole is, so the attention to detail becomes so much more important. The final quiz is a real killer, so those notes can make a big difference.

suzzee 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-11-08, 10:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Mole Questions - Help"
GAH, this show is making me nuts.

So the one with the photogenic memory will do well?

Thanks I'm a new molster as well and am just keeping my head above water. One can tell how well I understand it by my sterling performance in Tribes PTTE game.

Spring outfit thanks to Sharnina

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-14-08, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Mole Questions - Help"
>GAH, this show is making me
>nuts.
>
>So the one with the photogenic
>memory will do well?
>
>Thanks I'm a new molster as
>well and am just keeping
>my head above water.

Well said, and well agreed upon-in MY case, too!!! Can NOT get into this game so far....but I do like to look at some of these men-WHOO HOO! LOL

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

06-11-08, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "The art of undercutting."
The Mole can't sabotage every task for one reason: the show wants to give some money away to the winner. (A total pot of $0.00 isn't very exciting for anyone.) So there are times when the Mole will be actively participating in a task -- with the occasional attempt to make things just a little bit harder than they have to be.

But -- as you've seen, other contestants will try to look like the Mole, and that means they'll occasionally try to sabotage assignments, hoping the others will save them or not really caring about the money from this one. And inevitably, if that keeps up, they will try to do so on a task where the producers want the team to rack up a win. So there are times when the way to spot the Mole is 's/he's the determined one running around like a lunatic trying to make everything work out'. Poor, poor Mole...

You don't have to fake out other people in order to win: you just have to be more right than they were on the quiz (and faster, in case of ties). Faking out can help -- but it's not mandatory. Because the game is essentially a meritocracy, it's also one of the few where it's possible to score a 'clean' win: offend no one, think hard, look closely, take home the cash and make a lot of friends along the way. No one said that was likely, but it's at least possible.

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-02-08, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lasann Click to send private message to Lasann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Mole Questions - Help"
Reading this helped me. But I still so confused as to who could be the mole. So some contestants are just aholes for the fun of it. *boggle*

Wait it just came to me.

Wait for it. . .

They could be aholes to confuse the others into thinking they are the mole thereby helping to secure their quiz answers.

Got it.

I'm not liking this show to the standard of Survivor and Big Brother. For some reason the edit isn't leaving me with any idea who these people are nor do I know one name at this point.

Heaven on Earth! That’s me lying on the beach *giggle*

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •