The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What do you think of the new host?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Mole General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-05-08, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What do you think of the new host?"
How does John Kelley grab you? He's no Anderson Cooper, that's for sure.

Sigs by Bob about chalk dust. Pretty exciting stuff

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What do you think of the new ho... Colonel Zoidberg 06-05-08 1
 RE: What do you think of the new ho... mia rules18 06-05-08 2
 RE: What do you think of the new ho... Molaholic 06-05-08 3
   RE: What do you think of the new ho... Colonel Zoidberg 06-09-08 7
       RE: What do you think of the new ho... jbug 06-09-08 8
           RE: What do you think of the new ho... tvgeek401 06-09-08 12
 RE: What do you think of the new ho... toddE 06-06-08 4
 RE: What do you think of the new ho... mikey 06-07-08 5
 RE: What do you think of the new ho... CTgirl 06-08-08 6
 RE: What do you think of the new ho... michel 06-09-08 9
   RE: What do you think of the new ho... Starshine 08-14-08 35
 RE: What do you think of the new ho... sittem 06-09-08 10
 RE: What do you think of the new ho... bystander 06-09-08 11
 RE: What do you think of the new ho... Ahtumbreez 06-10-08 13
 RE: What do you think of the new ho... Loree 06-15-08 14
 RE: What do you think of the new ho... Femme 06-24-08 15
   RE: What do you think of the new ho... mia rules18 06-24-08 16
   RE: What do you think of the new ho... true 06-24-08 17
 RE: What do you think of the new ho... dabo 07-01-08 18
   RE: What do you think of the new ho... kingfish 07-01-08 19
       RE: What do you think of the new ho... Karchita 07-04-08 21
 RE: What do you think of the new ho... Lasann 07-02-08 20
 RE: What do you think of the new ho... PagongRatEater 07-24-08 22
   RE: What do you think of the new ho... tenor_noir 07-29-08 23
       RE: What do you think of the new ho... michel 07-30-08 24
           What do you think of Mark EmeraldBrooch 08-05-08 25
               RE: What do you think of Mark qwertypie 08-05-08 30
               RE: What do you think of Mark PepeLePew13 08-09-08 33
                   RE: What do you think of Mark qwertypie 08-09-08 34
   Agree weltek 08-05-08 26
 RE: What do you think of the new ho... Puffy 08-05-08 27
 RE: What do you think of the new ho... pinksparkleguitar 08-05-08 28
 RE: What do you think of the new ho... michel 08-05-08 29
 RE: What do you think of the new ho... Sahara 08-06-08 31
 RE: What do you think of the new ho... Karchita 08-07-08 32
   RE: What do you think of the new ho... flystorms 08-15-08 36

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-05-08, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What do you think of the new host?"
He's better than Ahmad, but it's hard to top Anderson.

Congrats Red Wings! 2008 Stanley Cup Champions!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mia rules18 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-05-08, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mia%20rules18 Click to send private message to mia%20rules18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What do you think of the new host?"
Jury's still out on John Kelley for me...he seems a bit awkward...he's no Coop for sure, and if I remember correctly I believe at least Ahmad made me laugh a little...

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-08, 11:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What do you think of the new host?"
Separated at birth?
John Kelley dddddddddddd Barack Obama

You decide.

Deceiving players since 2001

sorry about the pic size disparancy -- not indented as any kind of polictical statement, it's simply a case of me having no clue how to adjust the size.

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings

06-09-08, 08:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: What do you think of the new host?"
I can see it...he reminds me more of the Allstate spokesman, at least in demeanor, but his appearance? An aged Obama.

Congrats Red Wings! 2008 Stanley Cup Champions!

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

06-09-08, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: What do you think of the new host?"
This guy?

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

06-09-08, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: What do you think of the new host?"
Oh, yes. President Palmer from 24.

I hated him with a passion.

Speaking of passion, his acting seemed to seriously lack it.

the mole returns June 2!

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-06-08, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What do you think of the new host?"
Please bear in mind that this comes from me, a homo:

He's way gayer than Anderson Cooper. And Coop's pretty gay.

mikey 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-07-08, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What do you think of the new host?"
He seems very plastic, like he's reading off cue cards all the time.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

06-08-08, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: What do you think of the new host?"
He's a little stiff. I hope he relaxes a bit as the game goes on.

He strikes me as an Anderson Cooper wanna-be, or as Jims would say, a Jonderson!

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

06-09-08, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: What do you think of the new host?"
I didn't really like his comment at the waterfall: "It gave ME this great idea for our first task..." Sure, it was your idea, Jon. I did like his reaction at Craig's problems during his jump and his enthusiasm at the second task where he started the challenge by running over to the hourglass. His tone of voice his pleasant and he seems to know the names of the contestants.

It's early to make a definite answer and while I don't think he'll ever be in the same class as Anderson, Jeff or Phil, he's certainly ahead of Ahmad, Julie and the Pirate Master host, not to mention the worse I've ever seen, the guy from Treasure Hunters.

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-14-08, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: What do you think of the new host?"
Ah the Lairdbot, happy days, probably the closest to his title for worst presenter in a reality show is Glenn Cantbebotheredtolookitup who presented the British moles. Talk about less personality than a paper bag.

Jon really grew on me during the show, think he did a really good job, although as Michel said I could have done without him personalising the show.

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-09-08, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: What do you think of the new host?"
Disagree on the Kelly/Obama comparison. I watched Kelly for about 10 years as sportscaster in Chicago and then watched Obama grow up in politics there also. I don't see it at all. Plus, their demeanor is entirely different. Kelly is always amped up when he's on camera and that seems to carry through on Mole. Maybe he'll calm down a bit - I haven't watched him at all in recent years so I don't know what he's like since leaving Chicago. Obama is a much better speaker and would probably do pretty well on Mole - he's just a comfortable presence and he's more laid back. I say we get him for the next edition!

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

bystander 4967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-09-08, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: What do you think of the new host?"
The new host is painful to watch. I'm used to Anderson Cooper. He'll definitely take some getting used to.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

06-10-08, 07:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: What do you think of the new host?"
I'm actually thinking I'm going to enjoy the Mole more this season since Anderson's not the host. Now I can actually watch what the contestants are doing, instead of drooling over Anderson

Agman took me to the islands

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

06-15-08, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: What do you think of the new host?"
I have accepted that Anderson is not coming back to The Mole. I think Jon did improve in the second episode. I am willing to give him a chance. He is definitely better than Ahmad was.

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings

06-24-08, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: What do you think of the new host?"
I thought Jon Kelly was awful in the first two or three episodes, but mid-third and all of last night's (fourth) he was more comfortable and finding his way. I love that he's starting to develop a rapport with the players. Reminds me of Anderson getting drunk at the wine stomping mission in season 2. When the players told Jon that he was "mean in Argentina" I totally gave in and will accept him for being his own person with his own style. Anderson sold this game, but Jon's got a quirky style all his own that, now that it's going, isn't too shabby.

And yeah, he's a total voice double for President Palmer. Kinda creepy.

Femme

mia rules18 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-24-08, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mia%20rules18 Click to send private message to mia%20rules18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: What do you think of the new host?"
Agreed! He's growing on me!!

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

06-24-08, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: What do you think of the new host?"
Hi Femme!

I agree with your comments about Jon. He's getting better, though I still can't help but miss A.C. *sigh*

I don't know if it's just that, but I'm afraid this new Mole is boring me a bit. I don't know if it's the players or the missions. It just seems to be missing something. Maybe my hopes were just too high for such a long waited return. Some things just aren't as good as you remember. KWIM?

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

07-01-08, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: What do you think of the new host?"
LAST EDITED ON 07-01-08 AT 10:57 AM (EST)

Jon is growing on me, doing a pretty good job, but he has yet to put his stamp on the show as both Anderson and Ahmad did. This time, though, they've had so many players acting up from the start that maybe that's not a bad thing.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

07-01-08, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: What do you think of the new host?"
LAST EDITED ON 07-01-08 AT 03:07 PM (EST)

He's growing on me as well. He is beginning to define his role, and in a gentle manner, taking some of the players to task for their hypocrisy.

Like when Nicole was going on and on about Craig's lack of integrity when he made her the Llama head. Jon asked if any of the others would have done differently, and got a stuttering attempt at a self defence from Nicole, and what I think I saw as acknowledgement from the rest.

He's taken them to task like that at least a couple of times, and I liked it. I wish we'd see more of that.

He became the focus of Mark's ire, even though, somewhere in that knothead's brain he must have known that it wasn't Jon's fault, nor was it directed at him.

With Mark, the weirdest thing was that he blamed the other players for their losing the journals, he lost all trust in them because of that. Either it's a moley ruse (unlikely IMO) or he has a whirling disk of confusion for a brain.

Karchita 4469 desperate attention whore postings

07-04-08, 01:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: What do you think of the new host?"
I vote for the whirling disk theory.

I can't believe that he was acting; I think he really was that upset. And that he is not quite like you and me.

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings

07-02-08, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lasann Click to send private message to Lasann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: What do you think of the new host?"
Well he's hot. That's all I know. I've never watched before.

Heaven on Earth! That’s me lying on the beach *giggle*

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-08, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: What do you think of the new host?"
After taking most of the season to digest, I think Mr. Kelley has done a great job. He's got exactly the right mix of quirky humor, aloofness and puckishness. I think he's the black Cooper! MILES better than Ahmad.

It is impossible to contemplate the fabric of the world without recognizing the admirable order of its arrangement and the certain manifestation of God in the perfection of its correlations. Reason, when once it had considered and admired so much beauty and so much perfection, feels a just indignation at the dauntless folly which dares ascribe all this to chance and happy accident. it must be that the Highest wisdom conceived the plan and Infinite power carried it into execution....The starry sky above me and the moral law within me are two things which fill the soul with ever increasing admiration and reverence. Emmanuel Kant

tenor_noir 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-29-08, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tenor_noir Click to send private message to tenor_noir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: What do you think of the new host?"
I agree with you. At first I reeeeally didn't like him. I loved Anderson, and only watched the first Celebrity Mole but didn't like Ahmad that much. In the beginning of the season, it seemed like every other line he had was a voice-over. It made me kind of feel like he didn't know what he was doing, so the editors could never show what he really said. And the voice-overs seemed just a bit too dramatic and fake-y.

But the last couple episodes he has been a lot of fun. Him waving into the camera during the last episode was hilarious. I think he finally got comfortable in his position and opened up a bit, and I sincerely hope there's another season, so that we can see him interact with a whole group.

07-30-08, 07:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: What do you think of the new host?"
I laughed at his "Don't touch the Host" when Paul rubbed his head.

EmeraldBrooch 95 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-05-08, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EmeraldBrooch Click to send private message to EmeraldBrooch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "What do you think of Mark"
Almost along the same lines, I didn't want to create a new thread;

Is anyone else strongly reminded of Steve Carell on The Office when they see/watch Mark?

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-08, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: What do you think of Mark"
Youbetcha!

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-08, 07:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: What do you think of Mark"
Yes! I definitely got a Steve Carell vibe from Mark. Half of the time I didn't know if Mark was actually serious or just being dead-pan, but after a while it hit me that there was no dead-pan, that's just who Mark is...

On a related topic (Jon)... I've never seen so much wine drunk on a TV show before. They ought to have a final mission on Monday:

Guess how many bottles of wine have been opened and consumed in this season of The Mole?

Multiple choice answers:
a) 1000-1999
b) 2000-2999
c) 3000-3999
d) 4000 and over

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

08-09-08, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: What do you think of Mark"
LOL!

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-08, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Agree"
The last few episodes he really came out of his host-shell. I think another season would bring about more of this.

Puffy 6571 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-08, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: What do you think of the new host?"
John Kelley has been a great host. The last show (Aug. 4) before the finale was the best one of the series, in my opinion.

Surfkitten Siggie Shop
2007,thanks to Smokeysmom

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-05-08, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: What do you think of the new host?"
He has definitely grown on me. I didn't like him at first, but by last night, I actually found him charming.

Thanks, Agman!

08-05-08, 04:49 PM (EST)
29. "RE: What do you think of the new host?"
Jon has grown on me. I really liked him last night, kidding around with Nicole, putting both Craig and Mark on hold...

What impressed me even more is that I've finally had a chance to watch TAR season #1 and Phil isn't doing anything special. He's not there to greet any teams except the last to arrive at the pit stop. We barely see him as he explains the detours and roadblocks. He's still good but he also needed time to get into the role.

Sahara 759 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-06-08, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sahara Click to send private message to Sahara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: What do you think of the new host?"
This is the first season I have watched "The Mole", and I like Jon....I think he is doing great.

AF 2006

Karchita 4469 desperate attention whore postings

08-07-08, 00:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: What do you think of the new host?"
He's grown on me, too. I never saw the shows with Anderson Cooper, but that other guy for the Celebrity shows was nothing special. I like John and I think he'll only get better.

flystorms 211 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-15-08, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail flystorms Click to send private message to flystorms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: What do you think of the new host?"
I really like him and have liked him since the beginning. I think he's a perfect mix of Coop and the other guy. Great job!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •