The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor Mt. Rushmore"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel2 3788 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-02-20, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor Mt. Rushmore"
Sheldor posted this: In a YouTube interview...done...right before Season 40 Premiere....Dean Kowalski...asked Jeff what 4 Survivors would be on his Mt. Rushmore.

Jeff said that was a hard question to answer. He thought a long time and finally said Boston Rob and Sandra. Then paused even longer and finally answered *BEN* and Parvati.

What a bunch of marketing BS! Four players from this season? Of course, a slalesman would say that. Who would you put on your Survivor MT Rushmore?

Me? Right off the bat like this, I'd put:

Richard Hatch, Tina Wesson, Sandra Diaz-Twine and Tom Westman.

Hatch invented the game. Tina was a great strategist whose game was mostly hidden by the editors because they wanted to prove that their game could be won by a "nice mom". Sandra won on her first two tries and Tom was a strong winner. I think they represent the 4 most succesful ways of playing this game: First, we had the Ring Leader and the Quiet Strategist who both Outwitted everyone else, The Under-the-Radar Player who Outlasted her opposition, and the Challenge Threat who Outplayed everyone.

I left out Brian Heidik, Rob Cesternino, Cirie Fields and Earl Cole who would be, I think, the next four most deserving of a spot.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor Mt. Rushmore sj007 05-05-20 1
   RE: Survivor Mt. Rushmore michel2 05-10-20 2
 RE: Survivor Mt. Rushmore Aruba 05-14-20 3
   RE: Survivor Mt. Rushmore michel2 05-18-20 6
 RE: Survivor Mt. Rushmore PepeLePew13 05-15-20 4
   RE: Survivor Mt. Rushmore sj007 05-18-20 5
   RE: Survivor Mt. Rushmore michel2 05-18-20 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sj007 61 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-05-20, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sj007 Click to send private message to sj007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor Mt. Rushmore"
Of course Probst would say that. I love his delusional tv spots. I agree with Hatch, Sandra, and Tom being on that mountain. I'm struggling with a fourth. If it's strictly going to be winners only I can't think of anyone else who deserves to be. If I were to include a non-winner Rupert would be at the top. Of course all old school players. Not the joke Survivor has turned into now.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

05-10-20, 06:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor Mt. Rushmore"
It's your mountain, you decide who should be on it. Rupert was a huge character and I enjoyed him a lot in PI but I felt He became a joke as it went along.

Aruba 3243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-14-20, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor Mt. Rushmore"
At least this interview was given by Dean Kowalski who finished runner-up to the Champion. Big contrast to the other interview posted on another thread earlier this season given by Chelsea Walker who finished in 17th place. Yes, you read that right. Probst’s now establishing a Job Ministry Program for losers?? When you consider the early Survivor seasons only casted 16, it really puts that joke of a finish in perspective.
Although, the bigger joke was Jeff’s choices. Two needed additional tries to get their eventual titles; one is a quitter. As for the fourth...I’m certain the folks in the Armed Forces are smiling favorably at Jiffy.

If the decision was erect an Olympian Greek Temple housing only one statue of a former Survivor, the slam dunk choice would be Tom Westman. Selecting FOUR for a Mt. Rushmore is tough...well, perhaps it wouldn’t be THAT hard if I stopped at S11. As much as I’d be fine with all four being “old-school” players, in fairness at least one representation should be “newer-school.” Heck, even the real Mt. Rushmore included a newer President Roosevelt when excavation began in 1927. The challenge for me with that is from S20 to S40 a walloping TEN seasons included returning players. Whereas, I discount those seasons, to encompass the entire 40 season history it is difficult to do so objectively when including a new-school player and not take into account the whole 20-year run even with returnees.

The first thing to do is establish some criteria to weed out the non-contenders. I respect each fan will establish its own criteria (for its own mountain,) although mine are as follows:

- Had to be the Sole Survivor in its FIRST initial season.

- No backing into a win voted by disgruntled sore-losers. Whereas I stated many times before, the million dollars handed to a Sole Survivor by a bitter jury may be just as “green” as the million won by Westman, the title is tarnished IMO when jurors vote against another finalist more than for the “winner.”

- No coattail riders, UTR players, or castaways who were able to skip-to-my-lou to the end due to their goat status or ineptness.

With that said, here are my four faces for the Survivor Mt. Rushmore:

Tom Westman...Danni Boatwright...Richard Hatch...Tony Vlachos

Westman – A charismatic salt-of-the-earth player who dominated the season competitively and socially. His sheer dominance got so much into the heads of the competition he controlled the game wire-to-wire; and did so with the kind of integrity rarely seen from any castaway. I doubt we’ll ever see another like him.

Boatwright – An attractive female winner who earned her title without having to latch onto an alpha male or use her good looks to skank her way to the top. Was the best female challenge competitor in her season and well-liked by the other players.

Hatch – Hard to visualize the real Mt. Rushmore without the first President George Washington. Similarly, it only makes sense to include the player whose win started it all without the benefit of any blueprint or prior season for game strategy and approach for victory.

Vlachos – UGH...it pains me to do it, but the lying conniving cop is the “new-school” representative. Flat-out owned the season in his first try at Cagayan. His out-searching for idols, how he masterfully played the idol with special powers, and his vintage outwit with Woo (who can thank Tony for even getting to the F3) by using Woo’s religious beliefs have been well documented. The knock with Cagayan (apologies to Spencer) was the cast Tony played against was less than stellar. Not so with the most recent season. In a season consisting of prior winners, Tony dominated the game like no other. How he was able to acquire the necessary extortion tokens from players in BOTH alliances should be included as a video archive in the Survivor Smithsonian as the pristine example of outwit. He now walks away earning the most winning money than any other player in Survivor history.

05-18-20, 09:29 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Survivor Mt. Rushmore"
I understand your choices but I have to point out that Danni did win by riding coat-tails. In fact, she won BECAUSE she was the only one to see that Rafe was in charge, not Stephenie. She stuck by him and it pleased his ego so much that he saved her until F3 where she won the challenge and the game. I'm not saying she doesn't deserve a spot, just that you based your selection on false data!

The one I strongly object is Tony. Before Ben was gifted a win, I considered Tony the luckiest winner ever. He doesn't win if Trish doesn't get Kass to flip at the merger. He doesn't get to win if Trish doesn't blindly follow him once he starts his erratic moves. He doesn't win if KASS doesn't win F4 immunity, allowing the 3 to boot Spencer and, finally, he doesn't win if Woo doesn't make the DUMBEST.MOVE.EVER. In fact, it was so dumb that I always figured it was fixed. I'm almost sure production talked to Kass and Woo, explaining that they stood ZERO chances of winning against Tony in the scheduled Final 3. So, to make it interesting for the viewers, they would add a F3 challenge to determine SECOND place, The winner was forced to take Tony to the end.

As for Tony's second win, seasons with returning players aren't real seasons of Survivor. THEY DON'T COUNT.

PepeLePew13 26045 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-15-20, 06:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor Mt. Rushmore"
Dicque Hatch, Sandra Diaz-Twine, Kim Spradlin, Tony Vlachos.

Dicque - the original, picked up on several game nuances and made ballsy moves (i.e. stepping off in the F3 challenge because he knew the winner would take him to the finale) before anyone else thought of it.

Sandra - two-time winner and highly respected by all of the other players.

Kim - most dominating win by a female champion.

Tony - two-time winner who managed to pull the wool over so many other winners' eyes.

sj007 61 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-18-20, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sj007 Click to send private message to sj007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor Mt. Rushmore"
I know a lot of people would put Tony on the mountain. I can't because I don't respect the way he plays the game. His first win was extremely lucky cuz Woo had no business of taking him to the finale. Part of that has to be credited to Tony's lying and manipulating of Woo, part luck, and the rest is Woo's sheer stupidity.

05-18-20, 09:33 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Survivor Mt. Rushmore"
I like your first three selections even if Kim is rather new to stand on a Mt Rushmore. I've written why I don't think Tony deserves a spot in my answer to Aruba.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •