If this season has an underlying theme, it is that those who can't control their emotions will be ruled by them. And perhaps doomed as well. Brandon blowing up in camp was a most dramatic demonstration of this, produced by Phillip's intentionally emotional button-pushing game play.
01. Cochran (01). Cochran is in a surpringly good position in the game this time, he was even able to indulge in an emotional display of a victory dance after winning II with all the others cheering him on, even Malcolm couldn't begrudge the guy over his near photo finish win. Early on Cochran decided to just be amused and entertained by Phillip while keeping his head in the game. His likeability could win it for him in the end.
02. Andrea (04). Andrea has had a sweet ride so far, keeps on the lookout as she is aware it is a game that they are all playing, and has managed to stay on friendly terms with everyone despite Phillip's attempts to control the game BR style. Her likeability could win it for her in the end.
03. Malcolm (02). He has kept his head in the game as well, and recognizes that other players can be controlled because of their emotions. Though his power play failed this episode and he lost a valuable ally, as long as he's still in it he'll keep trying to play sharp and put it together.
04. Dawn (03). The Mom of the tribe is in a very good position in the game right now and if she could control her emotions a bit more that would be nice. But in an odd way her emotional nervousness (let's call it) is working for her as the other players are concerned for her, not concerned about her game. She does have her head in the game, though, and not only is not repeating the mistakes of her past, she's using the information that flows her way with deadly effectiveness.
05. Sherri (08). Mz Management had a pretty good game going then it stalled out at the tribal swap. But she waited things out and has now reached the merge and is getting her game running again. Though she dislikes Phillip she recognized this was for her game an opportunity, one she did not pass up. I suspect what she disliked most about Phillip was his management style, and really what's not to dislike about it.
06. Erik (07). Though he hated Phillip's bullying early on, once it became clear there was nothing he could do about it he set it aside, deciding instead to enjoy the ride as much as possible, get all the treats he could. And the other players ignore him because they think he has no interest in the game. Found himself as the deciding vote this time, though, and probably put it together that voting for Sherri could put TC into an insoluable tie then going to the dreaded purple rock, which would be good only for Cochran (II), Corinne (votee), Sherri (votee), and anyone playing an HII to cover themselves. Sorry, Corinne, but it didn't make sense for him to vote for Sherri.
07. Michael (06). Not in a good place in the game but seems to be having a good time.
08. Reynold (10). Giving him a bump because his ability to get it wrong is kind of funny. Ruled by his hatred for Sherri, which is not a game strategy. It is just resentment that he holds it against her that his Cool Kids alliance didn't succeed.
09. Eddie (11). Being Reynold's wingman and also hating on Sherri, knows nothing about adapting his game.
10. Brenda (07). So far under the radar she gone subterranian.
11. Phillip (12). Petty, self-centered, I could go on and on. Fortunately we got mostly a big break from the Phillip Show this week, which according to many around the internet this was the best episode of the season. Phillip's chances of winning Fan Favorite are the same as his chances of winning the game, he has no chance.
Good-bye, Corinne (05). While I didn't want to see her go because she's good TV, she was her own worst enemy this week. Her hatred of Phillip must have wiped out whatever good game sense she had.