The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-05-12, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"
I just finshed watching the episode five minutes ago and got about an hour before I have to run, so I'm putting up the list now.
The predictability (and Anti-Darwining) begins. Biggest disappointment in this episode was not seeing the schoolyard picks for RC. I guess there's just so much you can fit into one episode and Production felt it was more important to show us Tarzan and Chelsea talking about her fake plastic boobies.

1) KIM (9,5,4,7,1,1,2) - Returns to the top spot. Whereas I'll always covet a player more who can dominate a game without initiating any lies (granted they're far and few between) she was able to pull it off and get away with it...for now. One problem though. If she intends to take a couple women with her to the Finals, that means Michael and Jay are on the Jury. Jurors convene; jurors talk; jurors deliberate. When Troy discovers Kim lied to him, she better have Sabrina lead her in a prayer for a non-disgruntled Jury. We saw what happened in "All-Stars" and Samoa when a disgruntled Jury deprived the dominant player for that season the title.

2) JAY (3,7,3,3,4,4,5) - Nice job in the IC. Would like to know how long it took to complete that puzzle. My guess is VERY, VERY long making it more a test of patience and fortitude over brains, but nevertheless a well-deserved win. That IC run I talked about a couple weeks ago better begin now because if he does not have immunity next week, he's probably toast.

3) TROY (5,4,2,2,2,2,1) - Impossible to follow-up the most dominating effort ever turned in by a Survivor in a single episode. And I'm not going to ride him for believing Kim. When you play this game you can go one of two ways: 1) wake up each morning of the 39 days in complete and total paranoia thinking everyone is lying to you, or 2) find a very select few you can trust. With half of the men casted for this season being bonafide Bozos, I don't blame him for wanting to believe Kim. But much to his chagrin, Kim lied to an alliance mate. His immediate future in this game will be contingent on how he plays his HII.

4) SABRINA (1,1,1,1,4,3,4) - In the past four episodes her game has faltered a bit, although she's the only player to partake in ALL the food rewards thus far, so she should have plenty of "fuel in the tank." Still in decent position, but I'm waiting for the lightbulb to go on in Sabrina's head realizing Kim is burning both ends of the candle. Maybe the bulb will remain dim because of her new funky hairdoo.

5) CHRISTINA (6,2,6,5,9,5,3) - Hey girlfriend, if you're going to bail out on your team carrying the last puzzle piece at lease make it look like you're starting to solve the puzzle. But when the rubber hit the road she came through as the key player to solve it. Actually I was kind of hoping she might be voted out because I'm still waiting patiently for her to walk into TCs all dolled up.

6) ALICIA (16,16,12,12,7,12,11) - Not a bad episode for her. Starvation is doing her body well...she'll never be a Chelsea or Christina, but it's an improvement. And, of course, she gets points for a solid effort in the IC.

7) LEIF (4,3,7,6,11,8,10) - I never get tired of his challenge celebrations. Yes it was overboard, but heck, it is the first food reward he participated in this season. His bear hug (or in his case I should say "cub" hug) around Michael's butt was my funniest moment this episode.

8) KAT (12,14,12,11,12,10,7) - Gimme that 7-Up and let ME take the first swig. May as well considering how you flat out gave up on your team. Just another tag-along coattail rider who will be carried deep into the game.

9) CHELSEA (2,8,8,10,5,7,6) - Major drop. Talking about a Michael boot to immunity winner Jay with Alicia and Christina present was idiotic. Even a muttonhead like Jay was able to figure out what's happening. If Kim didn't smack you then, I'm sure she wanted to at TC when you add "insult to injury" and talk about players having more than one alliance. Last but not least, Leif shows understandable excitement FINALLY getting his first food reward and she displays pathetic sportsmanship with, "Shut the ____ up." But hey, nothing that a couple of plastic boobies can't compensate for. Sad but true.

10) GREG (11,12,15,14,13,11,9) - Without any question the primary reason for the fragmentation of this season's male cast is the HII Colton was gifted. But coming in at second place is this buffoon wreaking havoc everywhere he's been (which has been mostly with the men.) How could anyone consider an aligment or a plan of action with someone as erratic as Tarzan??? And I'm not getting why Greg would think Chelsea has a beef with the surgeon who gave her the fake boobs...there's millions of male viewers I'm pretty sure feel otherwise.

BOOTED) MICHAEL (7,11,9,9,8,9,8) - DUH, what a shock. *snort* I'm sure the opponents of the Anti-Darwin Syndrome will say he brought it upon himself, or go into a lengthy interpretation of spinning Charles Darwin's methodology of thinking when he wrote about "Survival of the Fittest" to mean smart and brillant...Yadda, Yadda, Yadda, Blah, Blah, Blah. In the final analysis it doesn't matter how Charles Darwin, Aruba, or anyone else on these Boards interprets "Survival of the Fittest." What matters is how those voting him out interpret it. Bottomline...Michael was NOT booted because of his "genius" level or "brillance" of the game. He was voted out because of his physical presence and being a challenge threat. Consequently, THAT'S how "Survival of the Fittest," i.e. Anti-Darwin Syndrome victim plays out in Survivor whether you wish to accept this evidence or not.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... michel 04-05-12 1
   RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... iltarion 04-06-12 2
       RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... michel 04-06-12 3
           RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... dabo 04-06-12 4
               RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... iltarion 04-06-12 6
   RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... Aruba 04-06-12 8
       RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... michel 04-06-12 11
           RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... Aruba 04-06-12 13
               RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... michel 04-06-12 15
                   RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... Aruba 04-07-12 17
                       RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... michel 04-07-12 19
                           RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... iltarion 04-07-12 20
                               RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... michel 04-07-12 21
                           RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... Aruba 04-08-12 23
                               RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... michel 04-08-12 25
                                   RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... Aruba 04-08-12 28
 RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... iltarion 04-06-12 5
   RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... Aruba 04-06-12 9
   RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... Aruba 04-06-12 10
       RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... iltarion 04-06-12 12
           RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... Aruba 04-06-12 14
       RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... michel 04-06-12 16
           RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... Aruba 04-07-12 18
               RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... michel 04-07-12 22
                   RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... Aruba 04-08-12 24
                       RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... michel 04-08-12 26
                           RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... Aruba 04-08-12 29
                               RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... michel 04-08-12 31
                                   RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... Aruba 04-09-12 36
 RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... SpotTheDiffference 04-06-12 7
 My List michel 04-08-12 27
   RE: My List Aruba 04-08-12 30
 RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... dabo 04-09-12 32
   RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... michel 04-09-12 33
       RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... dabo 04-09-12 34
           RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... michel 04-09-12 35
               RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... dabo 04-10-12 37
                   RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... iltarion 04-10-12 38
                       RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... dabo 04-10-12 39
                       RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe... michel 04-11-12 40
 Tallies dabo 04-11-12 41
   RE: Tallies michel 04-11-12 42

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-05-12, 09:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"
Survival of the fittest" is a phrase originating in evolutionary theory, as an alternative description of natural selection. The phrase is today commonly used in contexts that are incompatible with the original meaning as intended by its first two proponents: British polymath philosopher Herbert Spencer (who coined the term) and Charles Darwin.

Darwin first used Spencer's new phrase "survival of the fittest" as a synonym for natural selection in the fifth edition of On the Origin of Species, published in 1869. Darwin meant it as a metaphor for "better adapted for immediate, local environment", not the common inference of "in the best physical shape". Hence, it is not a scientific description.

The phrase "survival of the fittest" is not generally used by modern biologists as the term does not accurately convey the meaning of natural selection, the term biologists use and prefer. Natural selection refers to differential reproduction as a function of traits that have a genetic basis. "Survival of the fittest" is inaccurate for two important reasons. First, survival is merely a normal prerequisite to reproduction. Second, fitness has specialized meaning in biology different from how the word is used in popular culture. In population genetics, fitness refers to differential reproduction. "Fitness" does not refer to whether an individual is "physically fit" – bigger, faster or stronger – or "better" in any subjective sense. It refers to a difference in reproductive rate from one generation to the next.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survival_of_the_fittest

Michael was booted BECAUSE he was not a genius. Strong yes, but too dumb to even talk to his "allies", to realize how the envornment around him was unsuitable for his survival. His "death" was a perfect example of natural selection.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-12, 01:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"

Probably the most nerdy post ever posted.

We all know what Aruba means. No explanation of Darwinism is needed.

Live long and prosper.

>

04-06-12, 02:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"
So the real meaning of words doesn't count? Only one's erroneous perception of them? If someone talks about Darwinism left and right then he should understand a bit of it.

I find it incredibly reductive to say that, because Michael was strong, the others had to go against the laws of nature to vote him out. It's saying that, as the strongest, Mike should have been given a free pass to the end and, if he doesn't make it, then the game is flawed when actually it's the nature of the game.

Survival depends on much more than simply physical strength. In this game anything and everything can help you win or cause your elimination. Tarzan's stupidity and weakness could have caused his early exit but now it's helping him stay.

As a strong guy, Mike should have known from the start that he needed the numbers. Giving up immunity was, for him in particular, asinine. Since then, he has done nothing to repair that mistake: He should have been the one cultivating alliances instead of waiting for others to include him in their talks. I saw Mike as an incredibly stupid player from the start so voting him out was the natural thing to do. He went the way of the dinosaurs.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

04-06-12, 03:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-12 AT 10:50 AM (EST)

LOL! It is notable that Darwin didn't coin the term "survival of the fittest," he just thought it an apt reduction of evolutionary theory and later adopted it as an apt. Fittest in this sense merely means adaptable to changing conditions, it is not an assessment of fittest in other regards.

Are we nerds for knowing that? Sure, why not.

04-06-12, 04:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"

It is "merely".

And of course no one is a nerd for knowing that. You are a nerd for posting it.

I might be able to reply in Elvish, but I would be a nerd for doing so.

>

04-06-12, 05:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"
Not only was the post nerdy, it was unnecessary because I have always been familiar with Spencer who "coined" the phrase...and I'm not even a "nerd". HaHa

If certain posters took the time to read EVERY WORD I wrote, Michel's little history lesson was even more unnecessary. Where did I say Darwin "coined" or "originated" the phrase??? If you would simply go back to my list I said Darwin "wrote about it." It's his "elaboration" of the term I appropriately apply to Survivor.

I am also aware it may apply differently to each individual "immediate and local enviroment." Take Corporate America for example. Athleticism and physical prowess are not as important in that "immediate and local enviroment." In my own organization critical decisions are made on a regular basis. Do you really think I'm moronic enough to suggest a fighting octagon be erected in our company parking lot to resolves these issues??? DUH??? Of course not.

Fact of the matter is this is NOT Corporate America or even the society most of us live in. It's Survivor where the conditions are harsh (sadly not as harsh as they use to be) and the enviroment is difficult (sadly not as difficult as it used to be) where physical presence and strength DOES matter. And the ones who do not possess those qualities are inevitably carried by those who do.

One item we agree on is Michael clearly was not the sharpest tool in the shed. No debate about that. But for those who HONESTLY and TRULY believe the reason Michael was voted out was because he was dumb and not for his physical presence, no post be it nerdy, intelligent, or "on the mark" will never waver those from their delusions.

04-06-12, 01:03 PM (EST)
11. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-12 AT 01:21 PM (EST)

If you read every word I wrote then you would know I didn't blame you for saying "Survival of the fittest" was something Darwin said. I blame you for reducing his theory to a phrase that is incompatible with the original meaning.

And please, tell me who was being carried by Michael? No One! Even Troy said he did jack squat. Ok, Kat used him as her cuddle buddy at night but even Tarzan would be as useful there. Grosser but as useful!

At least you agree that Michael was dumb. That's a start. Now all you have to realize is that he was voted out because he was strong AND dumb. That's my whole point: Being strong isn't an automatic ticket home but a player that is smart will make the alliances needed to carry HIM to the end. Brian, Rob, Tom and many others did it.

04-06-12, 06:11 PM (EST)
13. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"
My weak being carried by the strong comment was made in a GENERAL CONTEXT. It was not pertaining SPECIFICALLY to Michael. I never said EVERY strong player ever casted for Survivor ALWAYS had a weaker inept player they carried like a baby kangaroo. The inept players who ride coattails are carried by the more dominant players...That's MY point.

As dumb as Michael is, he's far from the dumbest castaway this season. Those dumber than him are still in the game because they are not preceived at threats. Michael got bounced because of his physical presence and being a threat REGARDLESS of his lack of intellect. That's MY whole point.

Clearly there are several factors for a castaway emerging as the sole survivor for a season. But the PRIMARY reason (not to be confused with the ONLY reason) Tom and Brian won is because they won the key challenges they had to in order to advance and not put themselves at risk at TC. I won't include players who need four chances to win. In Rob's initial season he finished in 10th place.

04-06-12, 07:41 PM (EST)
15. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-12 AT 07:42 PM (EST)

How long would Tom have survived if Ian had wanted him gone as soon as the game became individual? F6. Brian wouldn't have won if Helen, Jan and Ted had decided to get rid of Clay. They won because they had made the right alliances.

Did Michael wake up after the merge and suddenly realize he was a challenge threat? Of course not. A guy that stands nearly a foot taller than Jeff had to know he'd stand out from the start. Making a strong man's alliance should have been only the first layer of his alliance scheme. Michael would have been well served if Matt and Bill were still there. For that, he needed to get everyone on board in team Manono. Divided tribes are good for players like Tarzan and Scout, terrible for guys like Michael. He said it himself though: He's not the type to talk to his alliance. If he doesn't, someone else will!

04-07-12, 05:59 AM (EST)
17. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"

"How long would Tom have survived if Ian had wanted him gone as soon as the game became individual?"

When Palau merged and the game became an individual contest, Tom won the first two ICs post-merge...so Tom initially survives on HIS OWN doing. I will never dispute his charismatic personality contributed to his victory, but the PRIMARY (not to be confused with ONLY reason) Tom emerges as the sole Survivor in Palau is because he won 5 out of the 7 individual ICs that season.

"F6. Brian wouldn't have won if Helen, Jan and Ted had decided to get rid of Clay. They won because they had made the right alliances."

I know you meant to say they got rid of "Jake" in the F6. Jake's elimination was all about "pagonging." His boot completed a run of seven straight TCs where a Sook Jai member was voted out. This was more a case of Chuay Gahn using its numbers advantage than "making the right alliances." But once the pagonging was complete and Chuay Gahn was forced to "eat their own" in the F5, what did Brian do? He went on to win the last three ICs to put himself in the Finals, take the perfect goat with him, and win the game.

I can understand why Manono's decision to go to TC even though they won IC will be talked about because the FIRST of anything generally gets remembered the most. Some have even dub it the "dumbest move ever." Personally I don't think it was even the dumbest move of the season. A much dumber move IMHO was the Frat Pack 4 NOT recruiting Troy immediately to give them the one-man advantage in the original nine-man tribe. And why didn't they---the greatest divide in reality show history: AGE!

Yes we all know now Troy does not act or look 50, but guess what...he IS 50. There's absolutely, positively, and indisputablly NOOOO doubt in my mind if Troy was 20-25 years younger the Frat Pack 4 jump all over him like a hungry dog on a T-bone steak...or as Sabrina would say, like a "fat kid on cake." But once again the greatest divide in Reality Show reared its ugly head. As a result, Matt, Bill, Michael, and probably eventually Jay will pay dearly for that oversight.

04-07-12, 01:03 PM (EST)
19. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"
I should have used the space bar because F6 was the answer to how far Tom would have gone if he hadn't made the right alliances. That was the reason he won. His IC wins at F9 and F8 meant absolutely nothing because he had Gregg convinced to stick to the alliance. Tom wasn't in danger at that point.

BTW, if you ever want to convince people that Tom is the best winner ever, you'd be better served to drop the argument that winning immunity was the primary reason he won. Most fans see that as a proof that he wasn' a good winner, that he needed those wins instead of strategizing. As you can see, I am in the camp that he did use strategy. Not as much as a few others but enough to win his season.

For Thailand, I was talking about the decision to boot Ted at F5, opening the door to Brian's run. Helen and Ted were both convinced they'd be in the F2 with Brian so they never thought of working together to get rid of Brian's perfect goat. Had they realize the depth of Brian's alliances they would have booted Clay to remove that possibility. Without Clay in the F2, Brian probably doesn't win. Helen, for sure, beats him.

As for the Manono dynamics, they were much more complex than what we saw. For one, Troyzan, Bill and Jonas had an alliance very early on so Troyzan wasn't rejected by all the young dudes. The only solid link in the "rooster" alliance was between Mike and Matt. A proof that the "Frat Pack" was more an editors' fabrication to explain Matt's demise than a real alliance is found in Mike's vote for Bill at their 1st TC.

04-07-12, 06:21 PM (EST)
20. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"

Kind of a useless argument.

Technically you can say every single player voted off in Survivor history didn't make the right alliances.

However, saying Michael was voted out because he was a dumb player and didn't make the right alliances is sort of a contradictory argument.

If he is that poor of a player, why vote him out? Why not keep him around longer?

Every player we heard from talked about getting rid of the "threats." So, obviously Michael was a threat; whether that is because he is good in challenges or otherwise.

Obviously, being good at challenges and having no alliances is a fatal combination, but Leif and Christina have done no better, worse actually, in the alliance department and are still there.

So, yes, Michael was booted specifically cause he is good at challenges.

When you talk about challenge prowess, you have to consider tribal challenges as well. When you do that, I would say that Tom's challenge ability was the key factor to his victory, his alliance with Ian and Katie was the 2nd biggest factor, and his likability was the 3rd.

>

04-07-12, 07:15 PM (EST)
21. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"
LAST EDITED ON 04-07-12 AT 07:17 PM (EST)

Would Mike have been voted out if he'd been on an alliance that had taken over at the merge? Of course not so you are missing the point. I'll explain once more:

Some players (Leif and Christina as you mentioned but Sandra, Chris and Danni would be the best examples here) can play without the numbers but, BECAUSE he appears to be a challenge threat, then it's imperative for someone like Mike to rely on alliances. He NEEDS the numbers on his side. The fact that he did nothing to forge alliances is what got him voted out.

To put it another way: Mike's stupidity meant he was going to be voted out at some point. The fact that he looks like the strongest guy out there only gave him an earlier exit than someone like Leif or Christina. But, like them, he was a loser, a stupid one.

With the way the jury works (there would be 5 men on the jury if the F3 breaks down 2 women-1 man. The men could form a block to vote for a guy, any guy) the women cannot afford to let a guy skate by so that's why you have to annihilate them. The best way to do it is to target those that can go on an IC run.

PS, As for Tom's challenge abilities in the tribal portion of the game I certainly wouldn't dismiss them but Ulong was going to lose no matter what. Tom didn't even participate in the last 4 immunity challenges! Ulong's best was beaten by teams that included Janu and Caryn!!!!!! When they were up 8-3, 8-2 they could have thrown a challenge to boot Tom but they didn't because Tom was in their alliance.

04-08-12, 06:38 AM (EST)
23. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"
The reason I dub Tom Westman the best Survivor to ever play the game is because the man simply did not have any weaknesses. But that's not to say he was EQUALLY strong and dominant in ALL facets of the game. Clearly he was stronger in some and his challenge prowess was easily his strongest strength. It's not a fact that needs to be "dropped" to state the obvious. Iltarion's synopsis was on the mark so no more elaboration needed.

As for Thailand...if Ted and Helen were convinced they would be in the F2 with Brian then they're both idiots. You call Clay "Brian's perfect goat" because that's how the season played out. ANYONE with aspirations to make the F2 would have wanted to sit next to Clay also. For that reason, be it F5, F4, or F3, Clay wasn't going anywhere. He was EVERYONE'S perfect goat.

I do agree that out of the F5 Helen had the best shot of beating Brian. But if you suspect that, and I suspect that, guess what Michel...you can be pretty darn sure Brian himself suspected that too. Translation: No way on God's Green Earth Brian lets Helen even get a sniff of the F3.

I'll reinterate the factual point once again...After the pagonging of Sook Jai was complete, Brian went on the win ALL the remaining ICs to earn his title as Sole Survivor. Game Over!

04-08-12, 11:09 AM (EST)
25. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-12 AT 11:11 AM (EST)

Funny; I thought I had destroyed Iltarion's "synopsis"!

Helen didn't need the goat to win the game. How many votes did Brian have to save Clay? Only 2. Helen, Ted and Jan wanted Clay gone but they all worked through Brian instead of working between themselves. He had them all fooled. Without Clay's presence in the F2, Brian's immunity run wouldn't have been enough to win.

04-08-12, 02:52 PM (EST)
28. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"

"Funny; I thought I had destroyed Iltarion's "synopsis"!

In your mind I'm sure you thought you did.

Brian beats Ted and Jan in the Finals also...understandably Clay seemed like a surer bet. Helen would have given him the best run. But in that case scenario, Erin, Penny, and Ken vote Helen. Clay, Ted, and Jake vote Brian. Jan would have been the tiebreaker. Jan had said all along she was voting for the best player of the season. If she truly meant that I could see her still voting for Brian even next to Helen. But you also have the argument of a woman voting a woman. Tough call, but yes Helen could have won. Although next to Clay she wins going away, so it makes perfect sense for her to keep Clay around as well. A mute point all the same because there's no way Brian would allow Helen to make the Finals.

04-06-12, 03:58 AM (EST)
5. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-12 AT 04:10 AM (EST)

We have seen this 100 times: lots of misdirection and smoke and mirrors meant to build fake suspense for what is really an extremely predictable boot.

Based off Aruba's list, he appeared to buy the smoke and mirrors.

I said to my wife one second after Jonas was booted: Michael will be targeted next. I also stated that in this forum several times. With both the women having the majority and Salani having the 7-4 advantage, Michael was toast as soon as he didn't win immunity.

1. Kim - It was clearly her episode, and this is her season to lose. The only question remains: does she get the BLAME for her duplicity or the CREDIT? Mike said in his exit interview that he didn't appreciate all the lying, but he also said his ouster was "well-crafted." She might become a victim of playing too hard. The lie to Troy was unnecessary. She had the votes to boot Michael without him, and Troy didn't like him anyway. The "suspense" with Jay was also unnecessary. He voted for Michael in the end. Like I said, all smoke and mirrors for nothing. It COULD cost her votes in the end. However, we have seen since the days of Todd that you can lie and backstab all you want as long as you are LIKABLE.

2. Chelsea - Still clear #2. Sorry. Everyone else's story has completely taken a backseat. Troy looks like an idiot. Jay hardly better. Sabrina has regressed to the shadows. Chelsea still gets a prime chunk of the story, though much of it still centered on her issues with Tarzan. Why? Is his vote the one that costs her? Perhaps. Her asking Jay about voting for Michael in the shelter was just more smoke and mirrors. It meant nothing. Christina and Alicia would have been 100% down with voting for Michael, who was never with them, and in the end, Jay voted for Michael himself. So, meaningless. That is how Chelsea plays- straightforward. It is a strategy just as sound as Kim's deception. It is often appreciated by juries. Chelsea said afterwards that she had gotten every reward up until then, so she didn't mind that some other people got to eat. She just hates losing. Just another thing I respect about her. Lastly, they're not "fake," they're enhanced, and though she certainly didn't need it, she'll get no judgemental BS from me. Thumbs up.

3. Sabrina - Got her confessional, got another reward, and to me, per the edit, a Sabrina, Kim and Chelsea F3 seems very possible.

4. Jay - Great immunity win. Since he doesn't have the HII, he had no choice but to acquiesce to the women. They had the numbers with or without him. I make him a heavy underdog to turn the tables on the women. It isn't in the edit, and the previews suggesting it make it even less likely.

5. Troy - Mike made it clear that he and Troy never cared for each other. This explains why he bought Kim's story so easily. For all we know, it wasn't even a story. Maybe Mike really was floating the idea of going after Troy. Regardless, there is nothing wrong with getting rid of Michael, but it doesn't cure the problem that started with voting out Jonas. He is going to have one shot to play his HII right. I bet he goes home with it.

6. Christina - I was really glad she got a reward. She is in big trouble now that the big target is gone. Don't buy the edit next week either. Her getting the boot doesn't mean the guys are making a comeback. The guys being down to four makes her expendable.

7. Kat - Could finally get some play next week. We will see. She has a very quiet and yet impactful edit.

8. Lief - Congrats on the reward. I'm glad he got it. The fact that he voted for Michael shows that only Tarzan was on the outs. The women likely voted for Tarzan as a charade to throw off the men from believing the women are united. Again, unnecessary.

9. Alicia - The amazing vanishing edit. Her best kind.

10. Tarzan - Social boob completely left out of the circle but again. A woman doesn't like you so you confront her about her boob job. Good thinking.

PONDEROSA participate #2-

Jonas - Props for no eye-rolling and no hysterics. Good man.

MICHAEL - Don't these people watch Survivor? Yeah, I say it every season. If you are the biggest threat in challenges, and you aren't wearing immunity, and it is post merge, YOU are not safe. Pretty simple equation.

>

04-06-12, 06:13 AM (EST)
9. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"

"Based off Aruba's list, he appeared to buy the smoke and mirrors."

HUH??? I'm sorry my friend but you completely lost me on that one???

I've been ranting about how predictable this episode (and probably the rest of this season) has been despite the misdirections. My "What a shock" statement next to Michael was sarcasm. I, like you, have been calling it for a while.

"MICHAEL - Don't these people watch Survivor? Yeah, I say it every season. If you are the biggest threat in challenges, and you aren't wearing immunity, and it is post merge, YOU are not safe. Pretty simple equation."

Whatever do you mean, Iltarion??? Don't you know Michael was at risk for being dumb...it's not because of his physical presence or being a challenge threat!

I know, I know...more sarcasm. Guilty as charged. All kidding aside, yes it is a "pretty simple equation"...for most of us that is.

04-06-12, 06:39 AM (EST)
10. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"
"Chelsea - ...Her asking Jay about voting for Michael in the shelter was just more smoke and mirrors. It meant nothing."

HMMM..sure appeared to mean something to Kim who expressed her displeaure over Chelsea's actions. Unless you believe Kim's confessional was not sincere and completely scripted.

"She just hates losing. Just another thing I respect about her."

Do you know anyone who LOVES losing? I don't. What I respect are those who handle losing with some class and good sportsmanship. Chelsea's outburst was totally uncalled for. You stated a little while back the two things keeping her from a Miss South Carolina title are "age" and "desire for world peace." Now I have a third...being a potty mouth. She'd kiss "Miss Congeniality" goodbye and probably be kicked out of the pagent as well. LOL

"Troy - Mike made it clear that he and Troy never cared for each other. This explains why he bought Kim's story so easily. For all we know, it wasn't even a story. Maybe Mike really was floating the idea of going after Troy."

Oustanding call. Time will tell if this bites Kim where the sun don't shine somewhere down the road.

"Christina - I was really glad she got a reward. She is in big trouble now that the big target is gone. Don't buy the edit next week either. Her getting the boot doesn't mean the guys are making a comeback. The guys being down to four makes her expendable."

If memory serves me correct, quintessential male-basher Ami thought the same thing in Vanuatu, when the women had an astonishing 5-1 advantage, thinking Eliza was "expendable." We all know what happened then. I realized Kim is more "calculating" whereas Ami's decisions were based more on emotion...but just saying.

04-06-12, 03:15 PM (EST)
12. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"

The edit attempted to create suspense and make Kim look better with the whole "Jay gone wild" thing. Your comments about Chelsea indicate that you bought it.

Everyone was down with voting out Michael, as we both suspected they would be after Jonas was evicted last week.

Chelsea was being straightforward with her alliance-mate by asking Jay about voting out Michael. It didn't matter that Christina and Alicia were there. They would be equally down for voting for Michael, and if Jay was clued in that the women were all together, so what? There was nothing he could do about it anyway. He was already concerned about that.

Kim called the move stupid because she is over-playing it and paranoia is starting to take hold. Jay voted for Michael in the end. Likely because he knew his vote didn't matter. He was in the minority, and he could either join them or oppose them.

Kim dashing over to stop Jay and Mike talking? Pure edit convention. Mike said he and Jay talked all day, and he completely downplayed the importance of Kim showing up there.

Kim was also shown telling Sabrina and Kat that the game would never be the same after this vote. Another false build to a fake climax. Michael was the logical boot. He had zero real alliances, and therefore, booting him changed NOTHING.

And you make too big of a deal out of some words mumbled under Chelsea's breath that were likely meant only to vent her frustration at losing. Though I admit that the fact the edit included them is likely another bad sign for Chelsea.

>

04-06-12, 06:59 PM (EST)
14. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"
I fully acknowledge the fact that Michael was done. That was never my point of contention. Clueing Jay in on the fact Chelsea/Kim have two alliances going was. Sure Jay and Troy were concerned about it. But being concerned about it and having it confirmed are two different animals.

Talking strategy with Christina/Alicia present was a stupid move because it confirmed their suspicions. Perhaps it may not amount to anything...or maybe it will, but just because you may get away with a stupid move, it doesn't make the move any less stupid.

IMHO venting one's frustration at losing and getting down on oneself is different than a derogatory reference toward the winning team or player on the winning team. With the way the yellow team was screaming and celebrating, Chelsea could have probably shouted the insulting remark at the top of your lungs and they wouldn't have heard; so saying it "under her breath" was irrelavant.

Trust me, I've been on losing ends where teammates bats shattered water coolers, back in the locker room lockers being ripped off walls...venting frustation at losing BUT keeping it "in house." It's when you take it "out of the house" so to speak when I personally think it's a bigger deal. Telling someone to "shut the f--- up" (which I consider the same as saying "f--- you" or go "f--- yourself,") or pull a Tarzan and try to cheapen a team's victory by saying it was "luck" when it really wasn't, are examples of taking it out of the house and why I appropriately downranked Chelsea for Ep. 8.

For those who do not differentiate the two or don't think it's a "big deal," I can understand why you wouldn't downrank her for this past episode.

04-06-12, 08:11 PM (EST)
16. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"
>If memory serves me correct, quintessential
>male-basher Ami thought the same
>thing in Vanuatu, when the
>women had an astonishing 5-1
>advantage, thinking Eliza was "expendable."
>We all know what happened
>then. I realized Kim is
>more "calculating" whereas Ami's decisions
>were based more on emotion...but
>just saying.

It's been a while so your memory recalls the highlights. Vanuatu was much more complex than that:

- From the start, Scout and Twila hated Eliza and wanted her gone. Ami protected her. When the merge arrived, the guys picked up on Eliza's precarious position and tried to get her voted out to no avail. It didn't work before the family visit where the women felt sorry for Chris after seeing him with his wife. Scout and Twila brought up booting Eliza again and Leann was the one that relented and convinced Ami that it would be best. Then Scout and Twila turned around and worked with Chris to convince Eliza that she was in danger.

The only similarity here is that Alicia and Christina hate each other. However, neither one of them is as shrewd as Scout and neither is pushing for the other's elimination. Ami knew very little about the game of Survivor and was playing the straight loyalty/honesty game that you like. Kim is a big fan and knows how to be duplicitous.

And Iltarion, the guys still being 4 strong makes Christina very useful. Take out one more guy and the women could then split the votes to neutralize the idol. She will be expendable after the idol is gone and/or the men are down to 2.

04-07-12, 08:01 AM (EST)
18. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"
"Ami knew very little about the game of Survivor and was playing the straight loyalty/honesty game that you like."

Why of course she knew very little about the game...afterall she NEVER saw or watched Survivor before playing the game. **snort**

Golly Gee, now why wouldn't I appreciate Ami's "loyalty" to the women because it's the kind of "game I like?" HMMM, maybe perhaps we should ask historians why they don't appreciate Adolf Hitler's "loyalty" to the Aryan race?

My view on Ami was and will always be quite simple: If you're born with a penis she's not going to like you and she'll want you out of the game. Now if you would like to "spin" that to loyalty to the women, then go right ahead and knock yourself out.

04-07-12, 08:36 PM (EST)
22. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"
Instead of following Godwin's law you should have remembered that she made an alliance with Jonathan and Yau Man.

04-08-12, 06:56 AM (EST)
24. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"
Instead of using players second, third, and even the absurdity of fourth chances in the game, you should also remember I put very little if any stock in the performance of repeat players.

Reason being it allows former players to administer "damage control" whether it be correcting flaws with their initial strategies during their prior seasons, or trying to save face in hopes of changing public opinion of who they truly are as to how they conducted themselves in their first season.

Appropriately calling Ami a male-basher is not a personal illusion or something I, myself, conjured up. Numerous questions and post interviews after Vanuatu suggested this fact. Not surprisingly Ami tried to refute this obvious label. It behooved her to try to shake that label when she played again. If some choose to buy into her attempt of "damage control," God bless them...I'm just not one of them.

04-08-12, 01:05 PM (EST)
26. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"
But???? What happened to your motto? You remember: "You are who you are"!

04-08-12, 03:03 PM (EST)
29. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"
"You are who you are." And Ami is what she is...a lesbian.

That being said, I guess it would make more sense for her not to align with the half of the Favorites tribe that included Yau-Man and Jonathan and join forces with a girl who acts like a skanky ho in front of other men??? Or better yet form an alliance with a hetrosexual couple who starts sucking face three days after they meet???

I'm not sure which castaway might want to puke first? Chelsea after Tarzan tosses his poop-stained banana-hanger in with her clothes...or Ami watching a man and woman making out?

Oh, and I'm sure Ami would try to backpedal yet again and say she's not s lesbian?

Hey, if you feel the need to have a last say on this...GO FOR IT BROTHER! Quite frankly I've already said more than I care to say about this quinteseential male-basher. I'm done with Ami on this thread

Over and Out!!!

04-08-12, 04:15 PM (EST)
31. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"
>"You are who you are." And
>Ami is what she is...a
>lesbian.

You say that as an accusation as if there was something wrong with that.

I'll remember this post though the next time I say that players can act differently in the game than in real life and you try to refute it by saying you are who you are! If they can act dfifferently to repair a bad impression then they can act differently to win a million!!!!

04-09-12, 06:23 PM (EST)
36. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"
AHHH Yes; I see your PhD in "Spinology" is once again coming into play!

Each person has individual traits, i.e. competitiveness, stubborness, having a short fuse, being a passive tag-along follower, need to lie are a few examples. They are more or less inate characteristics that define an individual. Or to put it another way, "You are who you are." Even if a person tries to portray a person they are not, or in other words, mask their true traits, they may be able to pull it off for only a very short while, but eventually their true colors or these particular characterists will surface. Why? Because you are who you are.

These traits are NOT to be confused with choices or decisions we make in our lifetime.

They include preferences we have for something or someone. It could be a preference to watch our favorite TV show, or it could be a preference to like or dislike a certain type of person based on gender, race, sexual preference,etc. When under the microscope of Reality TV it's quite possible for a person's choices and perferences to be known by their actions or words either directly or indirectly. But it is not inconceivable for a player to "put a lid" on their personal likes and dislikes during their time in the game. And obviously the less time you're in the game the easier it is not to reveal your preferences and choices to the viewers and fans.

SO THERE LIES THE DIFFERENCE

Now with your spinology if you want to mesh these TWO DIFFERENT GROUPS (individual traits/characteristics vs. personal choices/preferences) together for the purpose of CREATING or FABRICATING a contradiction in my posts that does not exist...then go ahead and knock yourself out, Kido!

I'll just use THIS post to thwart any of your attempts and show your counterpoints have no merit whenever I appropriately state, "You are who you are."

SpotTheDiffference 455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-06-12, 04:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDiffference Click to send private message to SpotTheDiffference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"
Not much to say this episode... Story is pretty straightforward, still focusing on Kim and her multiple alliances.

1. Kim (10, 3, 2, 3, 1, 1, 2)

2. Sabrina (2, 1, 5, 1, 3, 2, 6)

3. Jay (7, 10, 6, 4, 4, 5, 7)

4. Chelsea (1, 4, 4, 6, 2, 6, 3)

5. Troy (5, 9, 1, 5, 5, 3, 1)

6. Kat (12, 15, 12, 9, 10, 7, 5)

7. Christina (3, 7, 8, 8, 12, 4, 8)

8. Alicia (17, 14, 13, 10, 11, 12, 10)

9. Leif (8, 8, 9, 12, 7, 9, 9)

10. Greg (11, 13, 14, 14, 13, 11, 11)

Out:
Michael (6, 6, 10, 7, 6, 10, 4)
Jonas (4, 5, 3, 11, 9, 8)
Colton (15, 16, 11, 13, 8)
Monica (9, 2, 7, 2)
Bill (13, 11, 15)
Matt (16, 12)
Nina (14)
Kourtney

04-08-12, 01:51 PM (EST)
27. "My List"
1- Kim (2,1,1,1,1,1,1): She turned Troyzan against Mike as easily as Danni had turned Steph against Judd but then she didn't leave anything to chance and went out daring Jay to foil the plan. He crumbled.

2- Kat (4,7,6,3,5,8,8): The funniest moment of the episode was when the girl who got Tarzaned the most often had to explain to Jeff that he had bee Tarzaned! The funniest story of the season is that this girl started out as the weak emotional player, that Chelsea was the one calling her weak while Troy said all the women were too emotional. Yet Kat has been more solid than Chelsea and a lot less emotional than Troyzan!

3- Sabrina (5,5,3,2,4,2,2): At least she is playing the game but she's still only a narrator.

4- Jay (7,4,2,7,5,12,12): He's going to try to win his way to the end but that's an impossible task. At least he tried to get the right alliance but he was too much set on men versus women at the start of the season. Even in One World, it seems that the day 1 bonds are the ones that matter and he missed that.

5- Chelsea (3,2,5,4,2,3,5): She seems to be the weak link in the alliance, the one that could ruin the plan. If Tarzan is Phillip then Chelsea is Ashley.

6- Troyzan (1,3,4,5,3,3,16): The greatest player wannabee was played by a greater player than he. Like a fiddle! If he didn't bring his bag to TC, did he bring his idol? He may need it soon but probably doesn't realize it yet. This vote went as he wanted it to go!!!!

7- Alicia (7,8,12,7,9,8,10,6): She saw that the slide could give a wedgie and she certainly got one! She made a nice, unexpected presence in the IC finale, proving the randomness of these little games. Her vote against Tarzan remains the biggest mystery of this episode.

8- Christina (8,8,9,10,13,13,9): It’s terrible that the editors decided to present her action at the RC as a selfish move, letting the others carry the crate, when she was actually trying to size up the puzzle. She was the one that won it for the yellow team but Jeff’s play-by-play mostly ignored her contribution. Even when she shines, Christina doesn’t matter to the story tellers. She also voted for Tarzan...

9- Tarzan (11,11,13,13,14,14,12): I'd move him up higher just for playing Jeff at TC but his argument with Chelsea was gross.

10- Leif (9,9,12,12, 13, 11, 11): He had fun on that slide and at the oasis but that's all the fun he'll get from this game. His vote for Mike is also a mystery.

Booted- Michael(6,10,8,8,7,9,15): It's always fun when the editors turn someone's boot into a big farce. The best ever remains Roger in the Amazon but Mike's boot was pretty good. The guy oozed confidence. He probably wasn't sure he was actually out of the game even after his torch had been snuffed. Now, if only someone had made a special request in the voting confessional to accompany his departure it would have been perfect! Na-na-na-na! Hey-hey-hey! Goodbye!

04-08-12, 03:47 PM (EST)
30. "RE: My List"
Here's hoping we can continue this thread to focus on THIS SEASON.

My gut feelings on what you stated as mystery votes:

My immediate thoughts on Christina and Alicia voting Tarzan was insurance should Michael have a HII to play. This way if Michael had the idol to play at least another guy goes and the women maintain the same 6-4 margin.

As for Leif voting Michael...I really never gave that much thought. Leif voted Michael at the prior TC when Jonas was booted. So if he is out of the loop (which I believe he is) it's not that surprising he votes Michael again at this TC for the same reason as he did last time--to take out the biggest threat. It just so happened most were also thinking the same this TC.

Again, just my gut...I have no inside dope, concealed inner meanings, or drawing from cryptic clues hidden within the depths of the "Almighty" Production EDIT.

04-09-12, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"
LAST EDITED ON 04-09-12 AT 11:24 AM (EST)

1. Kim (1). Well, she certainly made a big move this week telling.. The Big Lie. And she got away with it, so she retains top spot. The Big Lie is a dangerous move because it can ruin a game in two ways. 1. It can blow up immediately and end up being turned back on the liar. 2. Even if it does work in the immediate sense, those in the know about The Big Lie have reason to distrust the liar going forward in the game. She's capable of spinning that stuff about Michael to Troy, can I trust her when she's talking to me, what is she saying about me?

2. Jay (4). The one guy who really had his head in the game this go-round, shame he couldn't get others to follow. Catching Chelsea on her words, though, showed he could at least grasp a moment and wring something out of it. Probably next in the pecking order, unfortunately, so he needs to scramble.

3. Sabrina (5). Very in the thick of things this episode, making smart decisions and paying good attention to what goes on around her.

4. Christina (7). For someone not in a very good spot in the game, she was where she needed to be when she needed to be there this time. Her performance in the RC showed she grasped the situation, she was in the way trying to get the last piece to the beach so ran ahead and prepped for the next stage. She did deserve credit for that as she showed she could be a valuable assett.

5. Kat (6). Solid group supporter, sometimes fun and funny, nothing to hate, could make it to FTC but doesn't have much chance of winning.

6. Chelsea (3). Earlier in the game she was choosing her words wisely, now she's sticking her foot in her mouth and becoming a loose cannon. Worse still, it got back to Kim. So now Kim has to worry about whether Chelsea will spill the HII secret on top of everything else. As well, Chelsea missed a golden opportunity to try to knock Tarzan out of the game. In her position it is better to get rid of a goat, in terms of getting rid of a man it really didn't much matter which man they got rid of.

7. Troy "Troyzan" (2). Would be above Chelsea in this list but he forgot his own adage: It ain't Survivor if you ain't lyin'. It also means you have to be wary of the lies. Got all emotional and totally got played by Kim even though he was going to initially push for a boot of Alicia or Christina.

8. Alicia (10). Not much from her this time but seems to have her head in the game.

9. Leif (8). Inoffensive likeable guy managed to get some cussing out of Chelsea, so it was great he got to go on reward. No head for the game, unfortunately.

10. Greg "Tarzan" (11). The socially awkward game is something I could find amusing, but he doesn't really have that going for him as he has become the camp annoyance. The game has enough surprises so I expect they will eventually weary of the unexpected Tarzaning.

Good-bye, Michael (9). Couldn't get a game going, way out of the loop, and wound up just being feared as a challenge threat. Shame, because he showed a lot of promise at the very start.

04-09-12, 05:09 PM (EST)
33. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"
>1. Kim (1). The Big
>Lie. And she got
>away with it... The
>Big Lie is a dangerous
>move because it can ruin
>a game in two ways.
>1. It can blow up
>immediately and end up being
>turned back on the liar.
>2. Even if it does
>work in the immediate sense,
>those in the know about
>The Big Lie have reason
>to distrust the liar...

The best lie is one that just nudges the truth a bit:

Reality TV World: Do you think Troy still would have voted for you had Kim not lied to him and told him that you were actually coming after him?

Michael Jefferson: Well, Troy and I, we didn't get along the entire game unfortunately...
Reality TV World: So that was something that was really obvious to Kim just from observing you guys?

Michael Jefferson: Her and I had talked about Troy, because I didn't trust him. He was the one member of our Salani tribe that I knew he could get a revolution started with them and the Manono tribe because he was kind of the leader of them from before. So, I made it known to her that he, out of all of us, he's the one in Salani I was more worried about because he's kind of working both sides.

Like Danni had let Judd rant against Rafe and Steph for getting rid of Jaime, Kim used the feud between the two guys to "enhance" the truth. Troy will never know she lied because it wasn't a complete lie.

>5. Kat (6) sometimes fun and funny,
>nothing to hate...

Nice to see that we share this impression. It's surprising how she has grown on us. For once, the editors didn't need to shove someone on us to turn a nut into a fun character.

04-09-12, 05:39 PM (EST)
34. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"
Well, but it was a complete lie that Michael was trying to organize Troy getting voted out at reward. Yes, I did read that in Michael's interview (and he seemed more unaware than normal for a Survivor player with more than one last remaining brain cell), Kim twisting a simple warning not to trust Troy and playing on the animosity between the two was brilliant. And it worked!

The danger to Kim isn't that Troy finds out about it, the danger is that others know how she played Troy and with increasing suspicions/paranoia being part of the game they could come to distrust Kim later on in the game. Kim herself would be unaware of the rift between herself and Chelsea or Sabrina or Kat.

Yeah, Kat, easy on the eyes, sometimes amusing, sometimes an absolute howl, at least she's good television. I kind of hope she does make it all the way to Final, but I cannot imagine she has any chance of winning.

04-09-12, 06:21 PM (EST)
35. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"
Yes, it's only your allies that can backstab you!

However, I'd agree that it could be dangerous for Kim if it had happened earlier. If this had been done at the first TC or maybe even after the first swap, they would see her as playing too hard too fast but now she has had time to build trust with them. Mike was an opponent so the ones that see themselves as her allies won't be too worried.

04-10-12, 01:49 AM (EST)
37. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"
Maybe not, it was still a gamble. Though it worked in the immediate sense, if her allies find reason to distrust her they could play that into taking her into a blindside at some point because she's just that dangerous.

Loved the play, just assessing the downside.

04-10-12, 10:30 PM (EST)
38. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"

How do we know it was a lie? Michael said himself that he was letting people know that Troy wasn't to be trusted. Isn't that about the same as gunning for Troy?

People are talking like Kim convinced Troy to vote out someone he didn't want to vote for.

That isn't what happened. Mike was the obvious boot, and Troy was completely down with voting for him.

The beginning confessionals about it being time to vote out a woman- how do we even know WHEN those occurred? They may have been very conveniently added in to fit the edit.

Great call, Aruba. To mitigate the threat of the HII is probably exactly why they had Alicia and Christina vote for Tarzan. Meanwhile, it also makes it look like it is still Salani versus Manono. That was actually the smartest move of the show, and they didn't show who came up with the idea. It probably wasn't Kim's idea, and they didn't want to make someone else look smarter than her.

>

04-10-12, 10:59 PM (EST)
39. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"
My impression was that Mike wanted to keep the Salani2 alliance intact, he was trying to set up Troy to take a fall when it came time to eat their own. Technically that would be trying to get him voted out, but when the time comes, not prematurely.

04-11-12, 07:33 AM (EST)
40. "RE: S24 One World Ep. 8 Love/Loathe List"
I asked the question because I see a big difference between splitting the votes in case of a HII and making it look like it is still Salani versus Manono.

If the women were afraid of the HII then that leaves an opening to the men because, at 6-4, there's no way to effectively split the votes. However, if the women are smart enough to have thought of keeping up the pretense of Salani versus Manono then we can turn out the lights, the party is over for the guys.

04-11-12, 01:07 PM (EST)
41. "Tallies"
Kim - 5|1
Jay - 15|3
Sabrina - 15|3
Chelsea - 26|5.2
Troy "Troyzan" - 26|5.2
Kat - 28|5.6
Christina - 30|6
Alicia - 38|7.6
Leif - 43|8.6
Greg "Tarzan" - 49|9.8

04-11-12, 05:07 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Tallies"
Alicia is slowly climbing up the ranks. A few more weeks and she'll be in the big three!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •