The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor 22 Episode #9 Lvoe List"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-15-11, 03:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor 22 Episode #9 Lvoe List"

Okay, now this was a boring episode, even with two ICs, two boots, and one crazy person. No doubt it was edited together because production was well aware of the tedium that would have resulted if we had to suffer through two weeks like this.

Props to B-Rob for taking Pagonging to a whole new level. In fact, maybe it should be called Zapping from now on. Essentially, this could be the only season WITHOUT a merge. We certainly haven't had one yet. The tribes don't sleep together, don't eat together, and don't speak. They are Thailand's same beach, no merge, but indefinitely this time.

We had B-Rob reveal the F3 to us this episode. In other seasons, that might have been the kiss of death. However, this season has been one prophecy fulfilled after another. So, we might be able to take this one to the bank.

1. B-Rob - In Chapera, the Robfadda wielded the most power we've ever seen in this game, even influencing the vote on the OTHER tribe. Though King Yul came close, I never thought we'd see anything to surpass it. But we definitely have now. The most telling sign is when all (nearly) of Ometepe chose to compete in a very uncomfortable IC rather than chow down on some cheeseburgers. Without being able to get permission from B-Rob first, no one wanted to cross the line. On the other hand, we began to see some cracks this week, namely, overconfidence and paranoia. His look at TC might have been the revelation that he is going to be blamed for any perceived slights by Zapatera, not his tribemates, regardless of whether the blood is on his hands or not. His reaction to Ralph talking with Ashley was such that Lex thinks it was over the top, and a couple of his tribemates might have gotten over on him this week. As 38 Special once sang, "If you cling too tightly, you'll begin to lose control."

2. Natalie - Got over on B-Rob with her story about Ralph approaching Ashley. She failed to mention that Ralph was also talking to her, and that his offer to vote for Ashley at F3 likely also extended to her, as she was standing right there. Natalie probably always was in B-Rob's F3, but she helped cement herself there by making herself appear more trustworthy and Ashley appear as the tougher beat.

3. Phillip - I know, big move for him. The wheels have really gone off the track since the merge. According to this episode, much of it is an act. He showed sharp lucidity by predicting correctly that B-Rob would want him in the FTC. He has made no attempt to gain favor with the Zaps, but who knows, if he can explain it all as an act at FTC, and if bitterness towards B-Rob costs him votes, just maybe the goat can pull it off. Looks like next episode may not help his cause, but I still like his chances better than anyone beneath him on this list.

4. Ashley - Probably has the next best chance, though I don't see nearly any edit for her. Props to her for battling it out on the jungle gym when she was in no danger of getting votes. She could have easily considered sitting that one out for a bite. Was as uncomfortable with Ralph's approach as Andrea was. Seems completely under B-Rob's sway. I hope she is aware that Amber's game role can only be filled by one person. Ultimately, she has to be looking to get rid of B-Rob or get rid of Natalie.

5. Andrea - Lots of people like her, including me, but really, she has had no story all season without Matt. I just don't see how she can win this. Nice IC win when she should have been tempted to sit it out. She has to eventually look to play with Phillip or get rid of him. Pull a Cirie and get rid of the goat.

6. Grant - Proved he isn't all just muscle when he solved the puzzle to win his IC. Props to him for eating some fish, but he should have had himself a cheeseburger as well. He had just won an IC and one look at that challenge should have brought the conclusion that he had no chance. Is in the exact same situation as Andrea and needs to either play with Phillip or get rid of him.

7. Julie - Famously called Ometepe a cult even though David had suggested the same earlier in confession. Has no peers on Ometepe and no inroads. It is just a matter of time.

8. Ralph - Is at least trying, though in a very clumsy manner. He should have been searching for the HII. He found it without a clue before. Why not now? It remains the only chance any of the Zaps have.

9. Steve - Has all but checked out. I don't blame him or Phillip for not competing in the challenge. I usually do, but not this time. As competitive as I am, I took one look at that challenge and wanted no part of it. Neither he nor Phillip had any chance so why not eat? Surprisingly, the ex-NFLer might be the last Zap left due to being the least threatening. That could open some doors for him. Maybe.

RI-

Matt - Shows the strength that faith provides. Most contestants would be ready to quit after the beating his morale has taken, but not this guy. He just praises God and soldiers on. You just can't break this guy's spirit.

Mike - Speaking of soldiering. Seems like he waited too long to promote himself to NCO. He did what he could at merge, but it was too late. I don't see a return in the edit.

David- Props to him that he was more of a threat than Ralph or Steve. Grant still beat him at the IC puzzle though. Had a solid enough edit for me to believe a return isn't impossible.

>

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor 22 Episode #9 Lvoe Lis... dabo 04-15-11 1
   RE: Survivor 22 Episode #9 Lvoe Lis... garyc 04-16-11 2
       RE: Survivor 22 Episode #9 Lvoe Lis... dabo 04-16-11 3
 RE: Survivor 22 Episode #9 Lvoe Lis... michel 04-17-11 4
   RE: Survivor 22 Episode #9 Lvoe Lis... iltarion 04-17-11 5
       RE: Survivor 22 Episode #9 Lvoe Lis... michel 04-17-11 6
       RE: Survivor 22 Episode #9 Lvoe Lis... dabo 04-18-11 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-15-11, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor 22 Episode #9 Lvoe List"
01. Steve. Bumping the old guy up for accomplishing the one thing Rob fears most, he got an Ometepe alone to himself for conversation. Granted, it was Phillip and it was while pounding down cheeseburgers, but it counts! Did he take advantage of the situation? Otherwise, doing a good job of being non-threatening, the poor guy is spent.

02. Ralph. Still chugging away. Stumbled into a good strategy, sow dissent among the Ometepe. Probably not smart anough to see it and keep at it, but the door is open.

03. Andrea. She could have hung on that bar all day long. Time is fast approaching for this kid to make a move, but she is in position. Can she put it together?

04. Rob. Still hanging onto control, doing a great job in that department, but the delusional destructive madness is starting to set in, the cogs are starting to frazzle in overdrive.

05. Natalie. A snitch is a snitch is a snitch. But it is good game whether she is backing Rob all the way or setting him up, channelling the Natalie that beat Russ.

06. Grant. Yeah, go ahead, eat some fish. Giving it everything and performing admirably, fueling up is what he should do when he needs to.

07(tie). Ashley and Julie.

09. Phillip. Something may be brewing in that brain but, man, he sure talks some weird shyt.

RI

Mike. Proved himself a worthy adversary and paid the price, took the fall. The best way this RI absurdity could play out now would be for Mike to go on a duel run long enough to go mano-a-mano against the Robfodder and take him down.

David. Smart guy, though I think he outsmarted himself with the one-legged hang.

Matt. Like the guy but I think God is trying to tell him to wake up, it's just a stupid game for a stupid television show, get over it and get on with real life.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

garyc 118 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-16-11, 07:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail garyc Click to send private message to garyc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor 22 Episode #9 Lvoe List"
I'd have the two people voted out at the top of my list for the last couple of episodes. They have been trying, but Ometepe will not let any of them in.

No one is really standing out otherwise, though I'm starting to find Grant and Andrea frustrating. They seem asleep.

04-16-11, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor 22 Episode #9 Lvoe List"
Grant does seem to be asleep at the wheel. Andrea is more of a sleeper agent (to use Phil's fantasy world). Her game took a hit early when Matt was booted the first time. After that she incorporated herself into Ometepe as best she could and even made friends with Phil, the only one to bother to do that until the merge when Rob suddenly became Phil's BFF. Matt came back with a gameplan that was pretty bad, he made it worse talking to Rob, so she cut him loose entirely, went back into sleeper agent mode. In the buddy system plan she moves around a bit, but mainly she seems to be sticking close to Grant when he isn't hanging with the boys. If anything happens to break up the Ometepe power structure, Andrea will be right in the middle of it.

Whatever happens, when it's all over she was playing the game, doing a pretty good job from not a terribly good position. I'd like to have seen how she would have done in a game that didn't have the Rob v. Russell twist.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-11, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor 22 Episode #9 Lvoe List"
Iltarion, we are finally in agreement. This was the third episode where no one was eliminated. RI is simply not Survivor. And the producers missed an opportunity: Why didn't they have the duel between Mike and Matt run in parallel with the immunity challenge? The winner of the first group gets immunity, the winner of the duel stays alive. Simple and it would have doubled the excitement. Now, we'll have a boring three way challenge to go through in the next episode.

1- Rob: Everything that Russell did well in Samoa, Rob is doing just as well here. He has instilled fear in his tribe and he controls them. Everything that Russell did horribly, Rob is avoiding. Galu hated Russell because he called himself a genius, Zapatera calls Rob a genius. The buddy-system is a new, smart way to play the game but it could create unbreakable pairs, something Rob fears. That's probably why he's buddy with Grant. Maybe switching up the buddy pairings would be smart though.

Nothing showed Rob's control over Ometepe better than these two images:

The little Ometepe girls are hungry but Daddy doesn't give them anything!

2- Ashley: She understands that you need to cultivate relationships if you want to get a vote. "And then there were three" she said speaking of the Zapateras but the camera showed

Is the Final 3 in that picture? Is she in the F3?

3- Phillip: Phillip is playing like he's crazy. He isn't crazy but he is a little bit crazy. This episode showed that, even if he has no contact with reality he understand this reality TV show. Could a goat win?!!!

4- Andrea: She didn't tell us what she'd do now that she's decided to follow Rob. If anyone thinks that she plans on betraying Rob, this picture tells you everything about her game:

She was certain that the other two spa girls wouldn't compete so she was sure to impress Rob with her fighting spirit. When she saw that both Ashley and Natalie had chosen to compete, her face showed her thoughts: "Shoot! I won't be daddy's favorite."

5- Natalie: I hated to see her snitching on Ashley but it is part of the game and it earned her brownie points. She was well on her way to winning a second immunity challenge which would make a nice jury case.

6- Grant: The Assassin really blitzed that challenge. However, his "Declaration of Independence" was incredibly weak.

7- Matt: As long as he's in this game, I'll keep him on my list. I thought he was defeated but he's still hanging in. He recognized his stupidity. If he could only realize that he has free will.

8- David: In two comments, he summed up the rest of the season: - "He (Rob) showed the power that he has by just instilling fear into everyone over the whole Matt situation. If you show any inclination that you are wavering in your loyalty, he’ll just cut your head off, then and there. So nobody is going to cross him."

- "Redemption Island, may be a better tactic to try and advance yourself that way."
Rob better be ready when someone returns.

9- Mike: We weren't shown his arrival at RI so, if the editors don't care about him, why should we?

10- Ralph: If the underlings won't talk to you, go to the boss, invent a story. Why didn't he tell Rob that Ashley asked for his vote? That Grant slept with Amber? Anything is better than talking to Phillip!

11- Julie: She called Matt a poor kid because he was blindsided by Rob but she had unnecessarily blindsided her friend Sarita so I think Julie doesn't get this game.

12- Steve: It took a while but we are finally seeing what Stephanie meant when she called him weak.

Ils sont fous, ces Romains!

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-17-11, 07:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor 22 Episode #9 Lvoe List"

No question, sending Matt right back to RI after spending 15 days alone there was cold-blooded. I agree with the move, but it is what it is. The Zaps blindsiding Sarita was mostly just stupid.

>

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-11, 09:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survivor 22 Episode #9 Lvoe List"
LAST EDITED ON 04-17-11 AT 09:22 PM (EST)

But the Ometepids had to blindside Matt because he had options. Sarita told them that she'd understand if they thought David was more valuable. She had no options so why blindside a friend? That made it cold-blooded also.

Another way to look at it is that the Ometepids wanred to eliminate Matt. It's survivor that decided he would spend time alone on RI and risk going right back. Rob had no reason to give him a second chance.

04-18-11, 00:42 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Survivor 22 Episode #9 Lvoe List"
The Zaps blindsiding Sarita was mostly just stupid.

The blindsiding part was unnecessary. But she was so poor in challenges that they all bought themselves one more turn by booting her, because she would have been the last of them standing.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •