The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe List"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-04-11, 04:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe List"

Hahaha... I love the smell of defeated Russell in the morning. So, we finally see the day, the glorious day, when Russell takes the walk of shame. Yeah, RI allows him to momentarily linger, like a bad stench, but he would have to win multiple duels to reenter the game, most likely. And even if he pulled off that unlikely feat, he would be worse than the jack he always is; he would be a jack who has already been voted out once.

JP: "We'll see if this comes back to haunt you."

Are you kidding me? Props to Jeff for being able to say that with a straight face. How can voting off the @ss-clown of Survivor come back to haunt you? Zapatera should have had a celebratory orgy after that.

1. B-Rob - Consider this the revenge for Russell getting the best of him on H v. V. In fact, maybe production had that in mind. This was entirely his episode even with Russell getting the boot, at least on his beach. He and Andrea were the ONLY members of Imhotep to get a confessional. B-Rob had 4 just within the first 20 minutes. He showed his game awareness by correctly judging Andrea would resent him for "double crossing" her, and he showed the improvement in his game by finding the clue to the HII. One possible warning sign though is that no one else in his alliance seems to be getting any edit. That will be a sure sign of doom if it continues.

2. Steve - I asked for Steve to stand up and be recognized, and he did that in brazen fashion this week, getting at least 4 confessionals. Until the harem tried to get Julie on their side, the story of Zapatera was completely his, starting with the lie to Russell regarding the events at RI. This turned out to be a rather senseless lie that seemed aimed solely to annoy Russell. If the lie had been told to nearly anyone else, I probably would have a problem with it. Since it was meant to irk Russell, I kind of dig it. He seemed to be at the forefront of all the decision-making this week, including the drive to throw the challenge and boot Russell. Why lie at TC about throwing the challenge? I'm not sure, though it is true that he did give some effort.

3. Mike - He only had 1 confessional, but the camera found him a lot. He was completely down with throwing the challenge, and he was the only one near honest about it at TC, admitting they didn't give it 100%. Anyone else notice the shape this guy appears to be in? Wow.

4. Rooster - Had 3 confessionals and stayed relevant, even though most the strategy of the week was not initiated by him. I do not agree with risking the tie vote when he had the HII in his pocket. If just one person flipped, he could have been gone. He should have picked a Stephanie voter to confide in and had them vote Russell just to be safe. Sarita would have been the perfect choice since obviously she would never side with Stephanie, so no risk of her betraying anything.

5. David - Also got himself in the game this week, trailing only Steve and Russell for confessionals. Obviously he is supposed to be good at puzzles since people seemed to just assume he should be able to beat B-Rob, who JP has said before is very good at puzzles himself. I feel like the 3 other guys are more in control of the alliance, but we will see how the 6 breaks, eventually.

6. Andrea - Got the 2nd biggest edit at Imhotep. Was smart enough to follow my advice from last week and at least try to work herself into B-Rob's good graces while still being aware that she was betrayed. Matt has a shot to stick around, which would be great for her. She is a real wild card at this point.

7. Julie - A woman who didn't want to throw a challenge and who rode the pinwheel of death while knowing it was futile. How much did that have to suck? She made the right decision in the end. Nothing but props. Now we'll see if the strong edit for her was only because of the vote.

8. Natalie - Completely disappeared this episode, so I had to move her down. She did ride Survivor's torture wheel though, so props for that.

9. Kristina - Also endured the water torture and pulled out a win, so props.

10. Ashley - What were those now? Tiny shorts? I don't know, but I approve. The camera finds her for reaction shots. Otherwise, she is silent.

11. Sarita - She handled Stephanie's meely mouthed idiocy with maturity, and a smile. I like her and would like to move her up, but she was practically a non-participant in everything but TC.

12. Grant - Just a good soldier right now. That's about it.

13. Secret Agent Man- Went incognito this episode. Is the story over?

14. Krista - Does she speak?? But I do enjoy looking at her body, which obviously is fine with her since like Ashley she is showing as much of it as is possible for TV.

15. Stephanie - the mouse that roared, the little mouth that could... I stick with my first assessment of her: thinks she is way smarter than she is. Just can't stop the senseless drivel from spewing from her mouth. Amazing lack of awareness to rant about playing the game when she is the one in the 6-3 minority. Even if Julie had considering voting with the harem, this little salsarita practically assured that wouldn't happen with her childlike insufferableness. I believe Prodigy said it best when they said, "Slap that byotch up"

RI -

Matt - Seems to have a story and might have a shot at redemption

Russell - No, Russell, sometimes, in fact, quite often actually, things ARE exactly what they seem. I don't see redemption coming his way. I think his story is coming to an end. We can only hope it is for good.

Burned -

Francesca - somehow fiddled away the biggest lead in an individual challenge that I've ever seen. Glad it happened. Cross the pond.

>

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe Lis... sportsjoe 03-04-11 1
 RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe Lis... Estee 03-04-11 2
 RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe Lis... dabo 03-04-11 3
 RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe Lis... Toban 03-05-11 4
 RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe Lis... michel 03-05-11 5
   RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe Lis... iltarion 03-05-11 6
       RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe Lis... michel 03-05-11 8
           RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe Lis... iltarion 03-06-11 9
               RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe Lis... michel 03-06-11 10
                   RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe Lis... iltarion 03-06-11 11
                       RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe Lis... michel 03-06-11 12
                           RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe Lis... iltarion 03-07-11 13
                               RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe Lis... michel 03-07-11 14
                               RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe Lis... Nume 03-07-11 15
                                   RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe Lis... michel 03-07-11 16
                                       RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe Lis... iltarion 03-07-11 17
                                           RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe Lis... michel 03-07-11 18
                                               RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe Lis... iltarion 03-08-11 19
                                                   RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe Lis... michel 03-08-11 21
 RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe Lis... Belle Book 03-05-11 7
 RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe Lis... milkachulina 03-08-11 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sportsjoe 61 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-04-11, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sportsjoe Click to send private message to sportsjoe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe List"
I just have to say this again cuz i'm so happy. DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD, THE WICKED WITCH, THE WITCH IS DEAD! Hopefully he is done in for good at RI.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-04-11, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe List"
LAST EDITED ON 03-04-11 AT 01:02 PM (EST)

I love the smell of defeated Russell in the morning.

Smells like pus.

I am not starting a celebration thread until it's officially gone.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-11, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe List"
Dingdong, the troll is, well, hanging on for dear life. I predict that other than possibly getting himself back in the game eventually Russell will not find anything remotely resembling genuine redemption on Redemption Island, his sort never learn. The Zap6 are taking top honors this week for finally doing what should have been done long ago, voting Russell out!

1. Sarita (9-12). Still the quiet one, until they got to Tribal that is. Loved loved loved her at Tribal, you go girl!

2. Mike (5-2). Now that Russell is out of Zapatera maybe he can concentrate on the game, or at least find something else to talk about.

3. Ralph (8-1). Keeping the HII a secret from everyone else isn't dumb, it is what I would do probably, but things would have been simpler had he shared the fact he had it with some others. Still, he knew he was the target of the Russell faction and stood his ground, kept it in his pocket, so at the moment he's playing the smartest game out there.

4. Julie (18-15). Way to sucker punch Russell! If that's what you've got to do, that's what you've got to do. Russ and Stephanie didn't waste any effort trying to turn anyone else after they thought they had Julie, smart smart play on Julie's part.

5. David (2-9)

6. Steve (17-14). Lookit, they are smart guys, and I understand deception is part of the game, but lying at Tribal about tanking the challenge was kind of irritating, it was obvious they were lying and it served no purpose.

7. Natalie (6-3). Quiet episode.

8. Phillip (7-5). Nothing much from him this time, but come on Mr. Special Agent, fake sleeping is one of the oldest tricks in the handbook.

9. Rob (1-6). Andrea wasn't really buying it, she knows Rob is the ringleader, but otherwise he did pretty well this time.

10. Andrea (15-10). Maybe a bit too emotional, it is a game, or maybe playing the emotional card, hard to tell.

11. Ashley (12-13)

12. Kristina (16-11). Pretty much vanished this episode but was probably looking around for the HII instead of the clue which Rob discovered wasn't much help.

13. Krista (10-18). Still getting an invisible edit but under the circumstances her best move was to duck and cover.

14. Grant (13-8)

15. Stephanie (4-4). Just dug herself into a deep deep hole from which it may be impossible to recover.

RI

16. Matt (11-16). Here by default.

17. Russell (14-17). Nyanyanyanyanyaaanyaaaaaa!

Good-bye.

18. Francesca (2-7). Too bad.

Toban 110 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-05-11, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Toban Click to send private message to Toban Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe List"
1. Steve - Champion of the anti-troll forces this week makes him number one in my books.

2. Mike - Smart, rational and hot.

3. David - It looked painful to him to deliberately lose the puzzle part of the challenge. Also loved that he piped up against Stephanie during tribal. There's something about his edit that makes me think he makes it deep into the game.

4. Rooster - I'm only putting him up this high because he triumphed over Russell and he's entertaining. However, I think he is actually really stupid. He mangles the English language worse than Big Tom did. His bio says he's from Virginia and I've been there (although only the DC area) and I don't recall the accents sounding anything like this. The need to caption/translate him makes him the American equivalent of a rural Newfie and those folks are always good for a laugh too.

5. Andrea - Great edit. I hope she does Rob in.

6. Julie - Way to lead on the troll forces and then dash them in the voting booth. Her comments this episode show that she has a good grasp on how to play the game. Also, nice pipes.

7. Sarita - Way to call out troll's yapdog at tribal. She seems smart too so I hope she lasts.

8. Kristina - When I did my list, I initially forgot about her. I hope she finds a way to last.

9. Grant - Best one of Rob's harem.

10. Natalie - Didn't do anything this episode.

11. Rob - I still hope he crashes and burns but I'll give him props for good gamesmanship.

12. Ashley - Mute

13. Stephanie - dumb byotch but at least she's proactive and has an opinion.

14. Secret Agent Man - less annoying to my ears and eyes this episode.

15. Krista - I'm getting Purple Kelly vibes from her in terms of her impact on the game.

RI

Matt - please destroy Russell and make him cry.

Russell - hatehatehatehatehatehatehatehate

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-11, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe List"
1-Rob: Jeff’s comment that he “took his game to a higher level” was a great endorsement but Rob wasn’t done yet: He elevated it again by finding the clue in what was the funniest scene of the episode. I laughed when he said: "Had Phillip not been so fat, that chair wouldn’t have been bending as much and I wouldn’t have told him to move." Rob also showed that he was aware of the needs of others, solidifying his deal with Phillip and reassuring Andrea. Rob was shown always playing the game.

2- Andrea: She is aware that she is in a sticky position and she doesn't believe Rob. The sad woman behind blue eyes could surprise Rob.

3- Matt: He could only serve to sell the concept of Redemption Island to the viewers but, if he goes on a winning streak, he has a great comeback story and we hear from him how tough the conditions are on RI. He continues on his journey.

4-Stephanie: Before her outburst after Sarita’s words at TC, I liked Stephanie’s portrayal in this episode. What she said “made sense” as Julie admitted so she came very close of pulling that biggest blindside ever. I want to see what she will do next so that means she deserves a high spot.

5-Phillip: Regarding strategy, many say it's dumb to accept the fifth spot in an alliance but I always say that, this early, it's only important to be in the alliance. Numbers can always shift and a fifth could suddenly become the swing vote. In a season where the amateurs have a lot to learn, no one has more to learn than Phillip but he is starting.

6- Natalie: She did her job in the challenge. Nothing more from her but I still like her potential story.

7- Ralph: Did Ralph talk to Julie before Tribal Council? If he was aware that Russell had made an offer to Julie that she wasn’t intending to take, then it would explain why Ralph didn’t play his idol. But, whether or not he knew how close he came of being voted out, he looked like a dumb player who didn’t see it coming.

8- Steve: He was the mastermind behind throwing the challenge and it was obviously influenced by seeing Matt at RI. But Steve isn't a very good liar and it could come back to haunt him.

9- Sarita: She was well-spoken at TC, explaining why they had to do what they were about to do but maybe she was giving away too much especially when she was the one giving the thumb's up signal.

10- Mike: He is the narrator of Zapatera but I hope he talks about something more interesting than Russell’s rotting flesh.

11- Ashley: She told the tribe that Matt was pissed and was seeking revenge but besides that, she is mostly decoration.

12- David: Being a lwayer, I knew he could twist the truth but he didn’t do it very well because no one believed him.

13- Kristina: It seems her story was simply that of holder of the idol. We had no comments from her after a tribal council where she thought she’d get votes and must be questioning her position in the tribe.

14-Krista: Her thoughts are not important, just her bikini shots.

15-Julie: She was key in voting out Russell yet we barely got to hear her thoughts on this most crucial vote. We weren’t told what could possibly have made her change her mind. Was it that she didn’t want to target Ralph? Or was it that she simply wanted to eliminate Russell? As much as I don't like Russell, I hate wishy-washy players even more.

16- Grant: His only screen shot was to show his surprise that Matt wanted vengeance. Didn't he know that already?

17- Russell: Finally...I hope! Go Matt go!

Ils sont fous, ces Romains!

03-05-11, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe List"

I hope you are right about Matt. I would love to see him and Andrea reunited, and not on RI.

Actually, I would summarize Stephanie's attempt at Julie- "Russell's big mistake." Quite strange that he had her go talk to Julie instead of himself. It ended up being his undoing. Stephanie didn't bring anything to the table other than the obvious. There are literally 100 things that Stephanie could have offered, but all we heard was "we are looking for a fourth" and the patently false "we have things going on." Any good she might have done, she also might have undone with her mouth at TC. The bottom line is all that matters though, and the bottom line is that Stephanie FAILED.

No surprise you have her ranked high though; I would have put money on it.

>

03-05-11, 09:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe List"
LAST EDITED ON 03-05-11 AT 10:02 PM (EST)

Actually, I think that Stephanie had convinced Julie but that Russell undid everything by ordering her to vote Ralph. Listen to what Stephanie offered: Julie would be fourth and Russell would take care of her, get her to the end and then everything would be possible and she asked where she stood in the six. That made sense, Julie admitted it. Much, much better to be 4th in a group of dislikable people with an idol then 6th in a group of nice people.

Her TC outbursts were strictly focused on the stupidity of throwing a challenge something we know Julie agreed with so I doubt that had anything to do with Julie back-tracking.

Stephanie may be a brat in real life but she is playing the game in a very entertaining way. I'm wondering if she can somehow save herself. I don't rate people on how nice they are but on how they are playing the game and I add "points" to those that make me laugh. David, for example, is as dry as sand paper, Julie was wishy-washy.

And I've got Stephen Fishbach on my side! The Wizard wrote: "Also I don't see... why Stephanie was negative. Is it just bc she was with Russell? ...I actually thought Stephanie was shown very positively - she was smart, resourceful, came up with plans, held her own at tribal council. Some of her remarks, that could have gotten gong sounds or shots of rolled eyes, didn't."
So, there!

03-06-11, 02:33 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe List"

I would forward it is possible Stephen didn't even watch the episode.

Otherwise, he didn't notice that Stephanie came off as an idiot. Not only did she fail to convince Julie, but she got all hot and bothered about "the biggest blindside ever" only to be shown to be 100% wrong. Then, to cap it all off impressively, she completely talked herself into circles at TC. She first extolled the virtues of Russell and the benefit of playing with him, and then she went off about the idiocy of not having numbers at merge. Of course, these two things are a contradiction since Russell and his alliance was actually in an 8-4 minority at the merge in Samoa, and Russell himself has said "screw the numbers." So which one is it? Is it good strategy to play with Russell or is it good strategy to "have the numbers?" Obviously, it can't be both. It also apparently escaped her that the only person to ever play with Russell and win was Natalie, and Natalie accomplished that through being likable. Since Stephanie is obviously not trying to be likable, how did she plan on winning?

Steph is the least liked person on her tribe. She has ZERO social game, which normally would mean she should be last on your list. I don't think you think she is a good player, frankly. I think you just want to be different. That's why I would have predicted a high spot for her on your list. Of course, I was right.

>

03-06-11, 01:55 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe List"
Stephen has a blog on every episode of Survivor, he was on Rob Cesternino's podcast along with Courtney Yates, he actively participates on the Sucks board and in the POS group so I'd say he does watch the episodes. You could forward your thoughts directly to him if you want to go to Sucks or reply to his blog.

But this isn't about Stephen, I just brought it up because it was funny that the first post I read after writing my reply here and going to Sucks were Stephen's words. It was just too...perfect!

BTW, it certainly can be both: Russell with the numbers as in HvV is much more effective than without. He was damn lucky that Galu imploded. I think that's what Stephanie meant. As for her gameplay, I'm surprised you weren't impressed with her plan to make a fake idol, how she fooled Steve and had Julie admit that it "made sense". The rest, why Julie didn't go along, we simply don't know. You assume it's because Stephanie made a fool of herself because it corresponds to your feelings about her. I don't because I think Julie should have made the move. My assumption is that Julie, like you, simply never liked the people on the other side.

As for Stephanie's social game, I think it's due to her tribe's composition. Often tribes are too young for people like Steve or Julie to socialize but Zapatera must be the oldest tribe ever besides Espada and Chewing Gum. Given the right social group, I can see Stephanie integrating and making moves that no one would expect. Her spunk and her funny comments are why she is high on my list. I assure you it isn't only to contradict you although that is a nice collateral payoff.

03-06-11, 08:04 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe List"

Oh, make a fake idol. That's SO original.

She fooled no one. Steve only joked about her attachment to the bag. Never mentioned the idol. The editing fooled you.

I am still waiting for those funny comments from her.

The list of young people who have made alliances with older people is extremely long.

When you talk condescendingly to people older than you, it tends to ruin your chances of making friends.

>

03-06-11, 11:13 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe List"
If she fooled no one then why did they split their votes? Look at the Insider clips, the Zap6 thought Russell had the idol.

What kind of argument is "the list is long"? You can admit that the demographics on Zap aren't to Stephanie's advantage, it won't kill ya!

When she cut off the criminal attorney, leaving him with nothing but a "Ooh! Feisty!" remark, that made me laugh for one.

She wasn't saying anything at TC that Jeff wasn't saying also.

03-07-11, 00:24 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe List"

Everyone knew Russell had the clue and his harem had been looking for it. Russell has an established history of finding idols without clues. Therefore, very logical to assume he had the idol. The split vote, however, also shows how confident the Zap6 was with their 6, an indication that Julie might have been solid with them the whole time, despite the editing attempts to build suspense.

Ah, I was one of the first people to point out that Stephanie and Krista were alienated due to age. I was merely pointing out that many people have overcome that obstacle in the past. I don't think Stephanie ever even tried. I think she thought if she hitched her trailer to Russell, she would be set. Remember her words to Julie? - "He will take us to the end." She is clearly stating her strategy here: not to make moves of her own, but to ride Russell's coattails for dear life.

David had the option of talking over Stephanie and took the mature route of not bothering. I can talk over an attorney, physicist, and poet laureate, and that wouldn't make me smart.

Jeff gave Zap the obligatory harassment for throwing a challenge, as he should. But he wasn't the one who was playing with Russell; therefore, he wasn't being a hypocrite.

>

03-07-11, 08:41 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe List"
The thing is that,for Julie, it could have been smart to go with Russell. You have that big a goat, you ride it. That's why Steph's strategy was smart.

I didn't say interrupting and getting her word in, shutting up a professional debater, was smart. I said it made me laugh. Especially when she concluded with a big smile: "There, I'm done. Thank you!"

Why was it hypocritical for Stephanie to say the tribe needed numbers? She did her best in that challenge, she tried to win it and she played an important role in Zap winning the challenge when she unlocked the case, overtaking Ometepe's lead and giving the ball first to Rooster.

Nume 109 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-07-11, 09:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nume Click to send private message to Nume Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe List"
I personally think that Julie never intended to actually join with Russel/the others. By telling them that she would join them, she accomplished 2 things: They didn't try to get anyone else to join them, and if Russel had the idol (which she thought he did) he would definitely not play it if he thought he had the numbers, and thus would be able to be eliminated. Its possible that she just lucked into that scenario by being indecisive, but she doesn't seem dumb to me and I think that it was intentional.

03-07-11, 10:11 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe List"
Except we have her own words in confessional:

Julie: “This is a game turner right here, this vote. So, it’s a lot of pressure. I have thought it out both ways. Should I go with Russell? Should I trust him because I know how good he is? ”

She says she thought of it both ways. That is not up for us to interpret. She also knows that Russell is good to get to the end. So, she wasn't immediately thinking of fooling him.

The one question I would ask her if it was Russell's order to vote out Ralph that made her change her mind. Had he asked for her opinion, maybe that would have worked.

03-07-11, 10:32 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe List"
LAST EDITED ON 03-07-11 AT 10:35 PM (EST)

Or if Stephanie had offered to vote for whoever she wanted. I also had considered that.

Since it really didn't matter which Zap6 went, let Julie decide! Maybe that would have made a difference.

Since you believe that Julie might have been close in going with Russell, then you should consider my point that it is POSSIBLE that Stephanie's rant at TC made a difference. Even if Julie didn't agree with throwing the challenge, she still might have been pushed back to the Zap6 by the rant because it made it clear to everyone, including Jeff, that there was a huge rift in the tribe. If Julie votes with Russell, she causes the tribe to be split 4-4. Did she really want to deal with that headache?? I think not.

If Julie really was close, then Stephanie should have played nice at TC. She could easily have said she didn't agree with throwing the challenge and why without being so what Sarita called "rude" about it. Julie strikes me as the kind of person that would rather avoid conflict, as is true with most people. Stephanie was going out of her way to make conflict.

Either Julie was never close and Stephanie knew that already and was frustrated. Or Stephanie showed a shocking lack of awareness. One or the other. I personally would go with the latter: that her mouth got ahead of her brain. I have the feeling that happens a lot to her.

>

03-07-11, 10:57 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe List"
LAST EDITED ON 03-07-11 AT 11:04 PM (EST)

"Either Julie was never close and Stephanie knew that already and was frustrated. Or Stephanie showed a shocking lack of awareness."

You are forgetting, maybe conveniently, the other possibility: Julie was close but had made her decision before TC and it could have been Russell's order that turned her off. What if Ralph was Julie's secret F2 partner?

It's possible that Steph's word at TC turned Julie against the idea but Stephanie didn't go on a rant. She was quite rational. These are her words:

Stephanie: “I think the majority of the tribe forgets that we are in the game of Survivor. This is Russell. He’s played the game. He would be a huge part of moving forward. He’s done it, twice. One way or another, there are going to be back-stabbings made so, if you want to become best friends right now, that’s fine, but your best friend, to the left of you or to the right of you, is going to turn around and stab you in the back…”
David interjected: “What she fails to realize is that we came back and told the group…”
Stephanie: “I’m still talking, thank you.”
David: “Ooh! Feisty!”
Stephanie: “Having numbers in the merge is what you need to take over the other tribe. We were two people above them so, throwing the challenge today wasn’t strategy, it was plain stupidity. That’s all.”

Julie said she thought it was stupid too so that couldn't have turned her off.

Then we had Sarita saying Russell was a black cloud but, in reality, Russell had helped them win the first challenge and hadn't sabotaged anything.

Sarita said: “It’s a sickness almost. It’s a huge black cloud over everything that we do. He does nothing at camp…”
Stephanie said to herself: “Oh, my God. I’m going to lose my ___."
Jeff caught part of that so he asked what she meant:
Steph replied: "I can’t hear HER saying that Russell doesn’t do anything. He gets firewood. Don’t say he doesn’t do anything. Wake up.”

Stephanie did go on a rant there but we haven't seen Sarita doing any work so talk about hypocrisy.

Now, yes, the 4-4 tie probably influenced Julie's decision but she didn't need Stephanie to tell her how divided the tribe was. That was always obvious. Even the Zap 6 is divided.

03-08-11, 00:04 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe List"

The words on paper don't carry the same weight as the words spoken. Tone can make ALL the difference. She was being condescending, her tone was clearly- You are all idiots. Pretty stupid to use that tone when you are the one in the minority. More stupid to use it when you are hoping one of the 6 will flip to you.

I am not dismissing any possibility. I am accepting all possibilities. As such, as long as there was the possibility of Julie being close, Stephanie showed a shocking lack of awareness in being confrontational. Yes, Julie didn't need TC or Stephanie to tell her there was a rift, but there is a difference between a rift and a war, right? A rift might be fine, even to be expected, but a war? Julie wanted no part of that. Nor would most.

I think this is probably beat to death. Feel free to respond though, not that you need my go ahead.

>

03-08-11, 07:14 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe List"
You may think this has been beaten to death but you just opened another can of worms. Up to now, I've been defending the "Mouth" but I can't let you distort the facts as you just did: The "casus belli" was due to your #2 guy, Steve. His decision to throw the challenge was the act of war, not Stephanie's tone at TC.

I could go further and suggest that forcing his idea on everyone could have been the reason why Julie was close to flipping in the first place. If it hadn't been Russell on the receiving end, I would have loved to see Steve get "Burtoned"! You even called it the "wrong move".

I usually don't have problems with lying in the game but it's odd that you are on the side of the guy that is a proven liar, could even be called a hypocrite (He greeted Russell with open arms on Day 1) and, as an ex-pro lineman, whose honor could be questioned. If I were to interview him after the season (and was up to date on my life insurance payments), I'd be tempted to go with: "Did you ever have a conflict with one of your quarterbacks where you thought it would be a good idea to let a blitzing linebacker have a free shot at him?" Sh*tty question, no doubt, but he opened the door!

PS: Steph called stupid those that wanted to throw the challenge. Julie, being one that didn't want to throw the challenge, was clearly shown nodding in approval so we were meant to believe that didn't change her mind. Editing trick, maybe, but that's all we got.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-05-11, 09:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe List"
This is my first Love List, so bear with me:

1. Boston Rob -- right now, you're the front-runner. And you're a much more flexible person than the Troll!

2. Steve -- although I wouldn't normally recommend throwing a challenge, I'm glad you did it to get rid of the Troll!

3. Andrea -- you're smart enough to mistrust Boston Rob and yet stay on his good side. Smart woman.

4. Mike -- I like you, so I hope you stay longer.

5. Rooster -- since you have the Hidden Immunity Idol, you're safe for a good long while.

6. David -- I'll bet you weren't really trying to succeed at the puzzle. Still, you did your part, so I'm glad.

7. Julie -- you did the right thing in not flipping over to the Troll's side.

8. Kristina -- you need to find the Hidden Immunity Idol again or else you're a goner.

9. Ashley -- so far, so good. You're safe for now.

10. Sarita -- nice job handling Stephanie. But you need to be stronger or else you'll be cut sooner rather than later.

11. Natalie -- you're safe for now as well since there are bigger fish to fry.

12. Grant -- you're a good worker and you're also safe for now.

13. Krista -- you're safer than Stephanie, so lay low.

14. Phillip -- you're really clueless.

15. Stephanie -- idiot. You really should've tried to behave better at Tribal Council. You're in trouble now.

Redemption Island:

Matt: I hope you beat the Troll!

Troll: At last! Not only was he voted out, he was voted out pre-merge! Good-bye and good riddance!

Gonzo: Francesca. Blowing a big lead is really bad.

milkachulina 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-08-11, 11:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail milkachulina Click to send private message to milkachulina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Survivor 22 Episode #3 Lvoe List"
1) ManBearPig (Last Week 1): Ralph maintains his top spot. I think that he played a brilliant game by not revealing that he had an idol. Revealing important information like that will only place a huge target on his back. He didn’t need to tell anyone, as everything worked out in the vote at TC. He’s still proving to be an alpha male, and he’s very entertaining.

2) Steve (Last Week 2): He’s turning out to be the “arrogant, old-school, alpha male” I predicted last week. I like him. He’s going to be trouble later on, but I like him.

3) Mike (Last Week 4): Still sexy. That’s about it, though that’s enough.

4) Julie (Last Week The Who List): Julie really made a name for herself this episode. I thought she might flip. I’m so glad that she didn’t. I wish her well. She has an interesting face, doesn’t she?

5) Grant (Last Week 3): We didn’t see much from Grant, but we didn’t see much from that tribe as a whole. The focus was on the other group.

6) Stephanie (Last Week 15): Wow, she has literally become intoxicated on the Russell Kool-Aid. Stephanie needs Rehab and quick. Her overzealous support of Russell during TC was a bit much for me. I hope she has really screwed herself over. Though, her outspoken loyalty to Russell may pay off if he makes it back in the game. She really pissed me off with what she had to say at TC. Though, I can’t be mad at her because of that. She is passionate and seems to be a loud mouth fighter. That’s entertaining tv!

7) Phillip (Last Week 5):.It was nice the episode did not center around him this time. I needed a break from this lunatic.

8) Andrea (Last Week 6): Not expecting much from her. Rob is a special kind of evil. She won’t be successful in getting top notch revenge against him for the Matt blindside. She might as well kiss his ring and march like a good soldier in Rob’s army.

9) Kristina (Last Week 7): I’m surprised she’s still here. I bet she’s surprised too.

10) David (Last Week The Who List) Barely leaves an impression on me. Not quite on the Who? list, but…

11 - 14) Natalie, Sarita, Ashley, and Krista (Last Week “The Who List”): Still on the list.

15) Matthew (Last Week 14): I absolutely hate Russell, but I want him back in the game. Russell needs to be voted off for a second time. His ego deserves to be battered and bruised, and being banished twice in one season will certainly do just that. Matthew offers no value to the show in my opinion. Bring back fatso.

16) Russell (Last Week 16): The little butterball turkey was sent packing. How sweet. But, I’ll be highly surprised if he doesn’t make it back to camp. The producers introduced RI because they knew Russell would get the boot. For some reason, the producers love him. They are not going to let him go this quickly. The show’s premise is built around him (and Rob). He’ll be back, like a terrible herpes outbreak!

17) Rob (Last Week 17): As I declared last week, I hate this man. I hate the way he thinks, talks, and looks. Seriously, Rob is dumb. It took him FOREVER to complete that puzzle during the Immunity/Reward challenge. Dude, it was rigged for you. The other team didn’t even try. Still, Rob had the audacity to gloat after the win like he was THE MAN. Ugh. The real challenge was waiting for dumb Rob to finish. I was embarrassed for him. That was pathetic.

Gone:
Fran: Wow, you really lost that challenge. I have to wonder how you lose a big lead like that. You earned defeat, the long way.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •