The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Congrats to the Fabs"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-21-10, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Congrats to the Fabs"
LAST EDITED ON 12-21-10 AT 11:47 AM (EST)

I have to say that though overall this was a downer season, mostly because the cast was unattractive and unlikable but also aided once again by a tribal switch that screwed some key players, the finale pre-FTC was among the most enjoyable ends to a season that we've ever had. It was a pure delight to watch Fabio sweep through the ICs and then sit back and laugh as Sash, Chase, and Holly all took turns trying to get into his good graces. Great stuff.

I think it is safe to say that we've never seen a finalist enjoy themselves so much. Hahaha....

I was somewhat surprised that Chase got 4 votes. Though the editing seemed to give Chase credit for a good FTC, we really didn't see it on camera. He got tore into nearly as much as Sash, and for good reaason, was his FTC argument really any different than Sash's? Didn't they both simply be honest and admit to what they did and say they were sorry? And really, didn't Chase break as many alliances as Sash? Actually, I believe Sash broke fewer alliances and probably told fewer lies.

So, obviously, in the end, the friendships Chase made were just stronger, and so he came off more genuine whether he really deserved that or not.

Dan's words to Sash were classic Survivor hypocrisy. Isn't this the same guy who wrote absolutely anyone's name down as long as it kept him in the majority? And yet Sash is a bigger rat than you? How so? Do what you do best and sit down and shut up.

And Marty, Chase is the dumbest player ever in the game? I know I say this a lot, but DO YOU ACTUALLY WATCH SURVIVOR??

Fabio was hilarious at the Reunion. Dude isn't right, but what do you expect from someone who is 21? His parents better help him with that money or it will be gone in like a year.

All is well that ends well.

How about just a straight up game next season? Probably not, right?

>

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Congrats to the Fabs dabo 12-21-10 1
 RE: Congrats to the Fabs michel 12-21-10 2
   RE: Congrats to the Fabs iltarion 12-21-10 3
       RE: Congrats to the Fabs michel 12-22-10 4
           RE: Congrats to the Fabs iltarion 12-22-10 5
               RE: Congrats to the Fabs michel 12-22-10 15
                   RE: Congrats to the Fabs iltarion 12-25-10 20
                       RE: Congrats to the Fabs michel 12-25-10 22
   RE: Congrats to the Fabs Toban 12-22-10 6
       RE: Congrats to the Fabs iltarion 12-22-10 7
           RE: Congrats to the Fabs SpotTheDifference 12-22-10 8
               RE: Congrats to the Fabs iltarion 12-22-10 11
                   RE: Congrats to the Fabs michel 12-22-10 14
                       RE: Congrats to the Fabs iltarion 12-23-10 18
           RE: Congrats to the Fabs garyc 12-22-10 9
           RE: Congrats to the Fabs krismiss2us 12-22-10 10
               RE: Congrats to the Fabs milkachulina 12-22-10 12
                   RE: Congrats to the Fabs krismiss2us 12-22-10 13
                   RE: Congrats to the Fabs Toban 12-23-10 16
                       RE: Congrats to the Fabs Toban 12-23-10 17
                   RE: Congrats to the Fabs Chez 12-25-10 21
               RE: Congrats to the Fabs PsychoKitty 12-23-10 19
 RE: Congrats to the Fabs michel 12-25-10 23
   RE: Congrats to the Fabs Estee 12-25-10 24
   RE: Congrats to the Fabs iltarion 12-27-10 25
       RE: Congrats to the Fabs michel 12-27-10 26
           RE: Congrats to the Fabs garyc 12-29-10 27
               RE: Congrats to the Fabs iltarion 12-30-10 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-21-10, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Congrats to the Fabs"
To Dan's credit, he wasn't afraid to be on the minority side a few times, and it didn't seem to phase him when he was.

Marty was something of a disappointment at final. It was amusing, but it was for show, I was hoping for some serious game from Marty at least. Well, not serious, demented Marty game, but game at any rate.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

12-21-10, 07:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Congrats to the Fabs"
LAST EDITED ON 12-21-10 AT 07:32 PM (EST)

>I have to say that though
>overall this was a downer
>season, mostly because the cast
>was unattractive and unlikable

Brenda, Alina and the two Kellys were very attractive young women. Yve and Holly looked very nice also. I think the women also had some eye-candy out there. Much better than many seasons.

>also aided once again by
>a tribal switch that screwed
>some key players,

Marty simply didn't prepare for a switch. All his fault. Tyrone refused to play the alliance game. With the way the season started, they had to expect a switch just like in Amazon and Vanuatu. Very fair way to switch the tribes and it showed because no one thought of throwing a challenge.

>the finale
>pre-FTC was among the most
>enjoyable ends to a season
>that we've ever had. It
>was a pure delight to
>watch Fabio sweep through the
>ICs and then sit back
>and laugh as Sash, Chase,
>and Holly all took turns
>trying to get into his
>good graces. Great stuff.

Agree

>I think it is safe to say
>that we've never seen a
>finalist enjoy themselves
>so much. Hahaha....

I think you may have forgotten how much fun Chris had. Check this out:

http://www.averdata.net/~locbaseb/funny/102.htm

>I was somewhat surprised that Chase
>got 4 votes. Though the
>editing seemed to give Chase
>credit for a good FTC,
>we really didn't see it
>on camera.

I think the key question for him was Alina's, the one question I enjoyed the most because it caused arguments. Chase did very well on that question and he put Fabio on the defensive. Also, Brenda apparently voted for Chase because she thought he wouldn't get a single vote.

>And really, didn't Chase
>break as many alliances as
>Sash? Actually, I believe Sash
>broke fewer alliances and probably
>told fewer lies.

Shannon doesn't count because he wasn't on the jury. Chase wasn't with Marty, Sash's betrayal of Brenda was more direct because Chase, at least, tried to save her and the same could be said about Jane. Anyway, sash was the pne perceived as the disloyal player, Chase as a loyal man who didn't have a spine. Easier to forgive.

As for dan, Dabo got it right.

>How about just a straight up
>game next season? Probably not,
>right?

I SERIOUSLY doubt it.

12-21-10, 10:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Congrats to the Fabs"

"Brenda, Alina and the two Kellys were very attractive young women. Yve and Holly looked very nice also. I think the women also had some eye-candy out there. Much better than many seasons."

Well, this is mostly subjective, but I completely disagree. Brenda was by a considerable margin the most attractive woman in the cast. Alina was okay but thin as a rail. Other than her ridiculously skimpy bikini, I wouldn't consider her quality eye candy. Kelly P was but was RARELY shown, which all but canceled her out. Yve is an attractive woman, but the conditions wore on her quickly and her outfits were very unbecoming unless she was in her bikini. For Kelly B, Nay and Holly, if I saw them in the street, I'd probably think they look good enough, (people should know by now that I'm not picky), but as compared to other female castaways, they are nothing special.

Guy wise, tough for me to say, probably not that bad, middle of the road as compared to other seasons.

If by "many seasons" you mean Fiji, Borneo, and Gabon, then, yes. Frankly, can't think of any other seasons that compare.

It is possible this season also seems worse because it follows two seasons with the most attractive casts ever assembled.

1. Samao
2. Vanuatu
3. Heroes vs. Villians

>

12-22-10, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Congrats to the Fabs"
While I agree on Fiji and Borneo, I think you may be forgetting Gabon's Jacquie, Kelly, Corinne and Paloma.

But there are many other bad ones:
- Africa only had Jessie, Kim and Kelly.
- Marquesas only had Gina for me, Sarah for others.
- Thailand had the ugliest cast ever.
- The women of Pearl Island weren't good looking except for T.

BTW, you're missing the best: FvF but you are right, Vanuatu and Samoa had the best looking female casts for regular seasons.

12-22-10, 00:56 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Congrats to the Fabs"
LAST EDITED ON 12-22-10 AT 11:30 AM (EST)

Gabon- Paloma was too quickly gone to count for much. Corinne was such an ugly person inside that it doesn't matter what she looks like outside.

Marquesas- Sarah Jones elevates that cast above this one, barely. And I know many women were fans of Hunter, not to mention Rob.

Thailand- Erin Collins. Nuff said. Penny didn't hurt either.

PI - close call. But you are forgetting about Darah and Michelle. Close call though. Not one of the better seasons in many regards.

Africa - You are right. That was a bad season. Worse than this one. I was partial to Kim and Kelly, but there was nothing as good as Brenda that season.

Fan v. Faves would probably be 4th on the list. I'll take H v. V over it. Obviously, Parvati and Amanda are in both, but I'll take Danielle, Candice, Courtney and Sugar over Eliza, Natalie, Alexis and Tracy. Natalie was an intolerable byotch, and Alexis was hardly better.

>

12-22-10, 11:51 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Congrats to the Fabs"
I really don't like the plastic oobies. Did you know that Erin Collins is called Aaron Collins by many?!! (Check out her adam's apple if you see a picture.)

I just wanted to point out that we forgot Tocantins with two of the most beautiful women ever on Survivor: Sydney Wheeler and Candace Smith. Not to mention Sierra, Carolina and Erinn who were very good looking also.

12-25-10, 00:25 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Congrats to the Fabs"

Enhanced boobs are the best boobs. Why do you think women spend so much money on them?

Sydney was SO overrated... pretty, yes, but no sexiness...

>

12-25-10, 07:18 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Congrats to the Fabs"
>
>Enhanced boobs are the best boobs.
>Why do you think women
>spend so much money on
>them?

This is more for the OT than a Survivor thread but women do it for one of two reasons: Low self-esteem or because they are barmaids or strippers and their tips are proportional to their bust size. Fake boobs aren't boobs.

>Sydney was SO overrated... pretty, yes,
>but no sexiness...

Suuuure:

If this doesn't convince you that she is at least top 5 amongst all the survivor women then go to her site:

http://www.sydneywheeler.com/Site/Welcome.html

Toban 110 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-22-10, 02:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Toban Click to send private message to Toban Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Congrats to the Fabs"
Speaking for those of us who were more interested in looking at the men, all the guys on the young team were exceptionally hot this year, except for Sash, who looked good to start but rapidly deteriorated.

And Brenda was one of the most attractive women ever to play the game, IMHO.

I actually thought this was one of the best seasons for eye candy.

12-22-10, 02:28 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Congrats to the Fabs"
LAST EDITED ON 12-22-10 AT 02:29 AM (EST)

Well, I'm not going to argue about the guys, but were there any other "eye candy" for women other than Chase, Benry and Fabs? Seriously? I mean, how good can it be if there are a whole 3 guys to look at?

Only one poster, milka, has mentioned anything all season about the guys and that was always just over Chase.

I agree Brenda is probably among the Top 10 Survivor women.

I kinda forgot about Mary from Fans vs. Faves. Wow. The one that married the lucky dude from Pearl Islands. She was incredible. However, she was the first boot, of course; so I still put H v. V in front.

Oh, and since this thread was originally about Fabs, I forgot to ask- Did Fabio just create a new way to win Survivor? I saw in his interview that Sash kind of thought so.

>

SpotTheDifference 906 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-22-10, 06:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDifference Click to send private message to SpotTheDifference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Congrats to the Fabs"
I kinda forgot about Mary from Fans vs. Faves.

Pretty much everyone has forgotten about her.

The one that married the lucky dude from Pearl Islands.

And they've broken up. Ryan O. is now apparently with Alicia from Australia/All-Stars.

12-22-10, 11:28 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Congrats to the Fabs"

Ryan O and Alicia??? That is some crazy stuff. She can kick his a$$.

>

12-22-10, 08:59 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Congrats to the Fabs"
Could you be confusing Skinny Ryan with Ryno? On the other hand, Alicia could probably kick both their a$$es.

12-23-10, 01:42 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Congrats to the Fabs"

Hahaha... of course not! She can kick Ryno's a$$. She might be able to kick my a$$.

>

garyc 118 desperate attention whore postings

12-22-10, 08:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail garyc Click to send private message to garyc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Congrats to the Fabs"
LAST EDITED ON 12-22-10 AT 08:08 PM (EST)

I don't know. Fabio reminded me a bit of previous winners who didn't have control of the voting but won key IC challenges; like Jenna, Danni, or Chris. Don't know how much final TC voting is based on likes and dislikes rather than how well the finalists are perceived of having played, but suspect much of voting comes down to the personal connections you have or have not made. Also don't know how many real close relationships Fabio had, but he hadn't done nearly as much to tick off jurors as Sash and Chase. Do think Fabio has to be one of the most likeable winners.

Don't know that he was one of the best players among winners; he almost never seemed to be part of an alliance that was controlling voting. Thought his weakest area was the political part of the game; he won by playing well with others, making himself look less intelligent than he really is, and winning IC's when he absolutely had to. Not sure how that would work in a season where the majority alliance didn't fall apart the way the Sash/Brenda alliance did?

krismiss2us 768 desperate attention whore postings

12-22-10, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail krismiss2us Click to send private message to krismiss2us Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Congrats to the Fabs"
Eye candy for the ladies? Well, my fave is James, the gravedigger. That man has a body! OMG! IF only my honey would start digging graves....hmmm....hold on while I make the suggestion. I'll let ya know how that goes.

Thanks Tribe!

milkachulina 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-22-10, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail milkachulina Click to send private message to milkachulina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Congrats to the Fabs"
That's so funny! And true! James is indeed a hot boy. That beautiful smile, bald head, and luscious chocolate skin is the best. Wow, I’m making James sound like dessert. And I could eat him up. WAIT. NEWS FLASH: I absolutely hate his tongue ring. Otherwise, he is one of my pretend boyfriends.

Iltarion is right. I have mentioned Chase here a few times. He was the hot boy, IMHO, this season. Note: This season seriously lacked hot boys. Overall, Chase wouldn’t make my top 10 list of Survivor men. Of course, my tastes vary like a weather report. I like a man that has a “kick tail” vibe. Chase has a “get his tail kicked” vibe. I can’t deal with that. Interpretation: Chase is a wuss. WAIT. NEWS FLASH: Why did Jeff, as Executive Producer of the Finale Show, waste all of that valuable time coercing us to endure Chase’s “singing.” It was so bad.

In addition to the masculine hotness known as James the Gravedigger, some of my other pretend Survivor boyfriends include the following:

Andrew Savage - That was a sexy man. Period.

Asten – Yes, that quitter. But, his body was sick and I thought he was sexy.

Ryan O – Notice a theme here? That season had some sexy men. Is he really with Alicia? Ugh. Now, I’m ill. That’s almost gross. Sorry, but Alicia doesn’t fit the sexy woman mold for me. She’s kind of hard. Rapper MC Lyte had a song called “Roughneck.” I think Lyte was singing about Alicia. But, she got Ryan O. So, let me quit with the hate.

JP Calderon – Wow.

Ibrehem Rahman – That chest. Note: I never, ever got the fascination with Bobby John. Clearly, as I said earlier, my tastes vary.

krismiss2us 768 desperate attention whore postings

12-22-10, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail krismiss2us Click to send private message to krismiss2us Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Congrats to the Fabs"
if only i had your memory. i can't remember a single person you mentioned. but that's ok. james can take over my fantasies any day! UPDATE: Honey said it's too late for him to be a gravedigger so I'm stuck with him as is, no warranty. Oh well; no need to fix what ain't broke

Thanks Tribe!

12-23-10, 01:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Toban Click to send private message to Toban Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Congrats to the Fabs"
JP Calderon was possibly the hottest guy ever on Survivor.

But back to Nicaragua: what about Shannon? If only he just stopd there and kept his mouth shut

12-23-10, 01:40 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Congrats to the Fabs"
...and Brandon from Guatemala. Yum

Chez 670 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-25-10, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Congrats to the Fabs"
Burton from PI. I could stare at him all day.

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-23-10, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Congrats to the Fabs"
Well now . . . I'm gonna have to spend some of my free time looking these boys up! I certainly remember James! But I can't remember Ryan O. and a bunch of these guys - JP? Who? But I have enjoyed eye candy during every Survivor - and men of every age too! Tom Westerman - Yes! Ozzy and Yul . . . hmmmm. . . Chase - dumb as a post - so no matter how hot he may look from time to time, the second he opened his mouth, I was done. Sash - downright scary! Benry - dreamy eyes, great abs and hair, but no game Of the women - Brenda was the cutest (and buffest!) this season, but she has a dark side to her too I found off putting. Amber, Amanda (Doe Eyes), who's the wishy washy blonde from Russhell's season? Caroline? Corinne? She was very pretty too.

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Sigs by Cig

12-25-10, 07:28 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Congrats to the Fabs"
LAST EDITED ON 12-25-10 AT 07:31 PM (EST)

Congratulations to Fabio, the most clueless winner of all times!

Dude voted 5 times for a person that wasn't eliminated, enabling him to beat Bob's record. Bob! The one who's idea of strategy was to take a nap when people decided who was going home was more in the loop than the Fabs! Survivor? Not anymore, not since we've had the stupid F3 twist destroy the spirit of the game.

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

12-25-10, 08:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Congrats to the Fabs"
LAST EDITED ON 12-25-10 AT 08:51 PM (EST)

One of the reasons I didn't start a PMS thread for this cast was the fear that we couldn't get the group's Mental and Social scores to average 5. And no matter what Jud thinks, he's not pulling the former up.

(If you want to start it, go right ahead.)

12-27-10, 02:53 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Congrats to the Fabs"

Though the Fabs mostly fits the definition of clueless, I would say voting in the minority 5 times and still winning the game is pretty impressive. I would say that is pretty much the definition of outlasting.

>

12-27-10, 01:11 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Congrats to the Fabs"
All three outlasted the others. Because of the stupid F3 format, Fabio was able to simply Outplay without suffering the consequences of having to decide individually someone's fate. That would have forced Fabio to think about his options and he may have made the mistake of eliminating Sash. Fabio had it too easy, so easy that I have a hard time recognizing him as a Sole Survivor. Watered down Survivor.

If I consider that most people here have been telling me that the quitters shouldn't have voted and that Fabio won by getting both Na'Onka's and Kelly's vote then I don't know why we should congratulate him. Questionable Survivor.

If I also consider that Jane may have told everyone that Sash offered her a bribe thus poisoning the jury against him, then I have to wonder if we saw a truly free vote. Fixed Survivor?

garyc 118 desperate attention whore postings

12-29-10, 00:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail garyc Click to send private message to garyc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Congrats to the Fabs"
Well if she was trying to help Chase it didn't work well enough.

12-30-10, 04:36 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Congrats to the Fabs"
LAST EDITED ON 12-30-10 AT 04:36 AM (EST)

HEY, I'm with you. No F3. It always includes some 3rd person that gets ZERO votes, so what the hell?

If Deke, Tina, Ethan, Vecepia, Brian, etc. etc... had to make to the final 2 to win, then SO SHOULD YOU. Stellar idea.

>

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •