The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-17-10, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1"
Feel free to make your own assertations or commentary. Who do you love/loathe?

Love
Brenda: Rocked it with the MoP. Stood around and received info on Chase's alliance.
Jane: Started a fire without flint! WooHoo!
Chase: Adorable. Dumb and adorable. And tons of frontal blur. Love the blur.
Sash: Funny.
Jud: Hilarious. Tries really hard.

Jimmy J: Better than I thought. If he hadn't a dry-heaved he'd be in the Love catergory.
Kelly Cripple: Waited too long to come clean about the leg. She won't last long in this game, but I remain hopeful.
Benry: Too quiet to love, but he remains likeable.
Jill: I like her but what's with the wishy-washyness?
Yve: Also wishy-washy. Plus she doesn't seem too strategic either. But boy is she pretty.
Dan: Quiet, UTR.
Kelly Purple: Likeable, but what is she adding to the show right now?
Tyrone: He's bordering Like and Loathe at the moment. I can't qute put my finger on why I do or do not like him.

Loathe
Alina: Take advantage of the situations you are thrown into. The game is all about adaptability and she has shown nothing but contempt for her situation. Bad player.
Jimmy T: Skeezy, skeezy skeezy. Rupert without the pirate laugh.
WendyJo: Creepy, weird and nuerotic.
Holly: Gives a handshake then moments later goes back on it. Pbbllltt! She'd be first to go on my list.
Marty: Over-opinionated fartknuckle.
Shannon: Big dumb oaf. Hates women and that deserves a definite loathe moniker in my book.
NaOnka: Bordering on wacked-out. I doubt we'll see her calm down enough to play a thoughtful and insightful game. I already hate her.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1 jbug 09-17-10 1
 RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1 PsychoKitty 09-17-10 2
 RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1 Toban 09-17-10 3
   RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1 tribephyl 09-18-10 4
   RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1 Aruba 09-18-10 6
   RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1 michel 09-18-10 10
 RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1 Aruba 09-18-10 5
   RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1 Belle Book 09-18-10 7
   RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1 Toban 09-18-10 8
       RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1 Aruba 09-18-10 9
   RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1 michel 09-18-10 11
       RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1 Aruba 09-18-10 13
 RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1 michel 09-18-10 12
   RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1 Aruba 09-18-10 14
       RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1 michel 09-18-10 15
           RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1 Aruba 09-18-10 16
               RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1 michel 09-18-10 17
                   RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1 Belle Book 09-19-10 18
                       RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1 michel 09-19-10 19
                           RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1 Belle Book 09-19-10 20
                   RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1 Aruba 09-20-10 21
                       RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1 michel 09-20-10 22
                           RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1 Aruba 09-20-10 23
                               RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1 krismiss2us 09-20-10 24
                                   RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1 tribephyl 09-21-10 25
                                       RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1 Aruba 09-21-10 27
                                   RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1 Aruba 09-21-10 26
                               RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1 michel 09-21-10 28
                                   RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1 Aruba 09-22-10 29
                                       RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1 agman 09-23-10 30
                                           RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1 Belle Book 09-23-10 31
                                               RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1 agman 09-24-10 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-10, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1"
LOL!
Love your thoughts! Especially on Jimmy T and Marty!

Tribe shakes me

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-17-10, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1"
Hi Tribe!!! Love your list - and am impressed you can already tell all of them apart!

Shannon stood out immediately as a shockingly over the top douchebag - real woman hater! Whew! Nice chest though . . .

Jimmy J. - want to hate him but he gave them some good advice about strategy!

Jud aka Fabio - OMG! Already injures himself twice 10 minutes into the game?! Hilarious with the hermit crab stuck on his thumb! I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Put on some shoes boy! A bit mean of the others to already call him Fabio though.

Chase - Man! I missed the blur! I'm so sorry . . . I'm going to have to go back and watch it again JUST for that! ;)

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Toban 110 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-17-10, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Toban Click to send private message to Toban Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1"
Hey all! I’ve been lurking on these boards since Marquesas (yeah I know) and tonight I finally broke down and signed up. The “lvoe” lists and the editing thread are my two favourites so…I decided my first post would be here. I have to say I love the battles between Aruba, Michel and Iltarion. You guys all have great insight into the game and I love the back and forth. Keep it up. And Estee…you actually make me LOL (and I hate using that term).

Anyway, here is my maiden list (and post).

1. Brenda: Smart, adorably cute, and looks like she’s putting in a major effort (based on her finding the medallion thingy and her strategy talk). Seems to know the game. I’ll have to admit I often have a bias in rooting for smart, strong women and so far she seems to be the # 1 in that category.
2. Marty: I like him based on what I saw in the first episode. He seems like he has a good head on his shoulders. I liked the way he responded to Jimmy J.
3. Chase: seems like a good guy. Seemed wary of Shannon (which is a good thing). Looks great in briefs.
4. Sash: not much to go one but appears to be good-natured and hard-working
5. Yve: It looks like she’s in the middle of the alliances in her tribe. She also seems like she knows how to play the game. Um, and I like her hair.
6. Kelly B.: Appears to be level-headed and understands how her disability may affect her game play. Hopefully, she’s not an early boot.
7. Jud: so far he’s pure entertainment value. Cute like puppy, smart like bag if hammers. We’ll see if he gets on my nerves.
8. Jane: great job on starting the fire. Seems to have a fairly benign personality so far
9. Jimmy J.: I had no clue who he was as I don’t follow American football but from what we saw, he seemed alright. I suspect, however, he’s getting a better edit than he deserves given the promo start treatment he was used for.

NO STRONG OPINION YET

10. Jill: didn’t seem to do much good or bad
11. Purple Kelly: She has a nice smile I guess
12. Benry: He has a nice smile I guess
13. Dan: Did he even open his mouth?
14. Alina: Should have been more upbeat about her opportunity with Kelly B.
15. NaOnka: did a decent job on the water pouring and I’ll ignore the previews for next week for now.

DISLIKE

16. Holly: seems mean and I didn’t like that she didn’t have the fortitude to be open with Wendy about her backing out of the alliance and not telling her about where the vote was likely heading
17. Tyrone: his facial contortions and comments at tribal council seemed a bit over the top. I also got a mean vibe from him
18. Shannon: Despite his physical attractiveness, he seems like a misogynistic and homophobic a-hole (the latter I learned from some pre-game quote)
19. Jimmy T.: this guy seems scary/nuts. I would have lobbied for him to be booted over the weird but harmless Wendy

Booted: Wendy: I can understand why the tribe made their decision. I would have liked to see a bit more of her though.

09-18-10, 00:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1"
Wilkommen! Bienvenue! Welcome! Out of lurking!
So glad to have you finally on board and participating!
Now go get the DAW rating up!

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-18-10, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1"
Welcome Toban!

Thanks for the "plug" and hope to see more of you in this Forum.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-10, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1"
Hello Toban. I guess welcome to the boards isn't the right salute because you've been here longer than I have! So I'll just say glad to see you post.
I usually think my battles with Aruba and Iltarion make people leave, not read! Hope to see you join the editing thread.

09-18-10, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1"
It's difficult to know for sure after one episode, but this may be the first season with no plastic boobies. If so, my pal Iltarion probably wears a black arm band for the season, and after 20 days of starvation sets in Shannon will show the most cleavage. Speaking of which, I'm hoping in a future episode someone tells this female-basher his tribe name means "The Flower" so we can watch this guy's head explode.

LIKE (SO FAR)

JANE - Started fire quite easily I might say. But putting her #1 this week for Jiffy being taken back when Jane paid him kudos. The man was still in denial when Jeff said what's good about TC is you leave with flint--Hey Jeff, did you forget...they don't need it thanks to your advice.

BRENDA - Even though we heard more from Jimmy J., overall I'd say this episode belonged to Brenda. Great job finding the MoP and her head is in the game. Tough luck for her that her flirtatious lure was unsuccessful. Ironically it's Brenda who's "clueless" that Chase is already in an alliance with a player dead set on eliminating all the female castaways. So if I was her I'd watch that pretty little a$$ she intends on shaking around.

CHASE - He's more into winning the game than some sappy showmance? WHOA!--How did THIS guy get past Production?! But I'm totally bummed he's in an alliance with female-basher Shannon. It's admirable he doesn't want to lie to everyone, but Westman was the only one to succeed with high integrity. Tough shoes to fill. I can see him as my fav this season, but unfortunately he'll have baggage (Shannon.)

KELLY B. - Hard to not cheer for this castaway. I think she'll make the merge, but will not get a sniff of the Finals for obvious reason. When the camermaman zoomed in on her prosthetic leg she removed to take a dip in the water with her tribe, my first thought was thank goodness Russell wasn't casted for this season...he probably would have buried it!

MARY - Opinionated but I agree with much of what he says. His grey hair will always make him a target among the youngens, but the early season format should keep him around for a while.

TYRONE - When Jeff wanted a response from Espada about Kelly's leg, Tyrone gave an excellent reply. He won't put up with nonsense and immaturity. I like that but could be a problem if La Flor keeps winning and has the numbers.

TAKE 'EM OR LEAVE 'EM (AT THE MOMENT)

JIMMY J. - The last time Jimmy J. probably barfed that much was when he realized he was inheriting a dismal Miami Dolphin team (and then ultimately left them a couple years later in worse shape.) As a Jets fan I just couldn't resist that dig! Was given a lot of air time either because of his celebrity status or a potential early boot. I say both.

JUD - Jeff talked about first impressions. Well this guy certainly made his mark by cutting his foot, getting pricked by a crustation creature, and swinging a machete like a hyperactive 10-year old boy. When someone immediately comes off as a do-do their game ends before it begins (aka Wanda-Palau) or they become endearing to others (aka Big Tom) and hang around a while. Being given his new name "Fabio" I guess it's the latter for Jud.

YVE - "Eve," "Yue," "Yve"...it doesn't matter how you spell her name, she's the hottest looking in the over-40 crowd.

HOLLY - She went down from "Like" to "Take 'em or Leave 'em" when she opened her mouth and I thought I was watching a scene from the movie "Fargo." Her first strategic move went up in smoke. How she rebounds will determine her future rankings.

Impossible to get all 20 castaways in a one-hour Premier, so this group falls into the WHO ARE THEY? category:

DAN
JILL
BEN
PURPLE KELLY
MATT

DISLIKE

ALINA - She's bummed out because she's now "forced" into an alliance with a one-legged player she does not want to sit next to in the Finals. Ain't she a real sweetheart?

JIMMY T. - With the targets squarely on Jimmy J. and Wendy Jo, everyone else should be breathing a sigh of relief. But this whack-job becomes so discomposed he can't even finish a sentence. If Espada loses another IC, this guy is toast.

NAONKA - Has anyone ever ordered breakfast at a diner and found a strand of hair in their eggs? I have and it's a vision I'd like to forget...but I'm reminded every time NaOnka pops up on the TV screen. Next time on Survivor, Jeff says, "Never has an opening question open that much whoop a$$." If I were a betting man, my money would be on NaOnka being the "can opener."

SHANNON - Yeah we know he's a female-basher, but calling Jud a "mental retard" is more disturbing. Last month in New Jersey the State Assembly passed a law making the word "retard" illegal in public speaking and record. I kid you not...given that fact I wish this season of Survivor was on location in NJ so we could toss Shannon's a$$ in jail. Then he could be among ALL men.

GONZO

WENDY JO - Her final desparate plea at TC was like a sex-starved female at a speed-dating convention who has one minute to recite her resume and impress a guy to date her. Some TCs end with a classic blindside. Not this one. Even Wendy Jo knew her fate being fully dressed in a wardrobe probably left behind by Scout in Vanuatu.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-18-10, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1"
I didn't see all of the episode (I had a hair appointment), but for the most part I'll go with your opinions -- especially the one about Shannon! I'd be all-too-happy to get rid of this guy next chance I get! Better yet, I'd set some birds on him to peck him mercilessly!

Toban 110 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-18-10, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Toban Click to send private message to Toban Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1"
I'm sure Marty would love that you referred to him as "Mary". (Also, on that note, I find it kind of funny that the main female-basher in the group has a name often associated with the feminine gender)

09-18-10, 02:56 PM (EST)
9. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1"
HaHa...good catch.

I guess I could blame it on my keyboard and say the "T" sometimes doesn't work, but fact is typing was never my best subject in school.

09-18-10, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1"
Since we have an audience (of at least one) I'll have to comment. I find it hilarious that you rate Brenda as high as you do. A woman who proclaims to be single, sigle, very single, who will flirt and is used to getting men to do what she wants, number 2 in Aruba's list? Wow! I'm sure that's only because she found the Medallion which was mostly luck: She looked in the right direction.

09-18-10, 07:38 PM (EST)
13. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1"
LOL

Just so you think I have not gone TOTALLY to the "dark side," my ranking was for episode 1. And whether I like her tactics or not, Brenda was a big part of the Premier. Sure much of it was because she found the MoP.

Heck, if I was a "single, single, very single" girl, I'd flirt with Chase too. Now if she starts skanking with almost every male player I assure you her ranking will drop. And even though by her own admission she will flirt and is used to getting men to do what she wants, apparently she was not successful in this episode.

If a castaway's only play is acting like a skanky ho, then I will be more critical. My initial feeling (and I could be wrong because in fairness we only have ONE episode to work with) is there may be more to Brenda than just flirting. So for right now I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt and ranking her as high as I did.

09-18-10, 04:37 PM (EST)
12. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1"
I enjoyed this episode mainly because we saw many players making connections, others became underdogs. We also had a lot of irony in making decisions. Surprisingly, the young ones were the ones to make the right decisions.

I liked the episode for 11 players:

1- Kelly: If we are looking for an underdog to win this whole thing then no story would be grandeur than Kelly’s. With three players immediately putting targets on her back, including the only declared “ally” we were shown, Kelly will have a tough battle on her hand.

2- Brenda: She burst onto our screen by proclaiming she was single and will flirt. She found the MoP and got high-five by two of the other stars of the episode. She then not only got into an alliance with a strong guy, Chase, but got him to surrender valuable information on the men’s alliance. She even said that she will “use that information to get (her) to the end.” Strong start.

3- Marty: He was the true narrator of Espada and he was their undeclared leader. He was the leader who was “making sure that (he doesn’t) lead in a way that gets (him) into trouble.” Only Alina saw his true colors and she's on the other tribe. Yve said "winners carry gold" when Marty got the MoP from Brenda. Hummmmmm...

4- Chase: We quickly to found out who Chase likes: JJ, Brenda and Shannon. The good social players are often rewarded but this good guy will have a tough road to victory because we were told he was clueless. Can he learn the game? Can he make conflicting alliances work for him?

5- Jane Reading her interview once more should be enough to see why I give her a high rating: “They think I’m some middle-age housewife that fiddles around the house all day long, they are in for a big surprise cause that is definitely not me. I’m 56 years old and I’m the type of person that stays busy all the time. I just don’t think that there is anything I can’t do. Winning a million dollars is really important to me because it would help pay off my farm. I lost my husband in 09, it means I wouldn’t have to work as hard as I do. In spirit, I know he’s with me and that’s what keeps me going”

She has won my respect.

6- Jimmy J: Being a star, his story will be told even if it has no bearing on the end game. I’ll note that his pep-talk was a nice thing to do and it could help but, since he is weak, he should try to divide the tribe, not unite it! Love tribes vote out the weak, divided tribes vote out strong rivals. JJ better hope that some conflicts erupt in Espada.

7- Alina: She is the opposite of Chase because we quickly found out who Alina doesn’t like. She put targets on Marty and Kelly B. She first attracted our attention to Kelly’s handicap and then she wound up in an undesired “alliance” with a fan favorite. It should be fun to see how she plays this game.

8- Shannon: I liked the story of La Flor’s narrator. He targeted Kelly but his words were much more balanced than the others. He admires Kelly and would give her the money so we know he wasn't acting in a vindictive way. He showed arrogance by saying they will beat Espada and he could also be seen as a misogynist who doesn’t want women to have a chance of winning but I think he was simply referring to the last two winners being women. He was put in an underdog position by Chase’s alliance with Brenda. The evolution of this triangle could be a big part of the season's story.

9-Tyrone: It seemed that Tyrone was comfortably inside the Espada alliance but we never saw him making that connection. All we had were his joyous reaction after receiving a pep-talk from Jimmy J and his funny “I’m not buying it” expressions at TC. Tyrone could be a golden character. I hope he doesn't continue to be under-utilized.

10- Holly: She had an interesting episode. Her alliance with Wendy could have been ignored but it served as a link to show that she was worried of being booted. She told us she was a good judge of people but she made a mistake right off the bat. Good or bad? The fact that it could be both underlines the beauty of editing. Holly needs to improve her decision-making process.

11- Yve: She was part of Espada's boot discussion so she must be in the alliance. She had some interesting comments but her role was secondary.

One player was good for a laugh or two:
12- Jud: He was used as comic relief in the La Flor tribe, this season’s Boo! Everyone made fun of “Fabio”, the dumb blonde! He had a confessional about winning the money but that felt like a way for the viewers to laugh even more at his stupidity.

The next 5 had nothing to offer:

13- Jill: Even if she was part of the foursome talking about the vote, her screen-time mostly served to show Espada’s tentativeness. Her TC intervention served to underline Jane’s story, not her own.

14- Benry: We only heard his name as he introduced himself to the others.

15- Purple Kelly: Luckily there was another Kelly in La Flor or else we would never have heard from her!

16- Matt: His only confessional had a touch of arrogance (we know we are going to dominate) and then it turned into words of a Tourist to Nicaragua admiring the beaches.

17- Dan: It was strange that this Mafioso-type was left without a connection!

I hope they are ealry casualties:

18-Jimmy T: He must have some relevance down the road because I found him to be a very unsavory character for all the time he had on screen. He’s just a weird person who blames JJ for being weak one day and then says “this place has already knocked me down”.

19- Naonka: We saw she has a big personality but her interviews didn’t paint a nice picture. She said she wanted the MoP over flint and fishing gear which would have been stupid and she not only targeted Kelly B but challenged her.

Booted: Wendy Some are cast to be first boot, to give time to everyone else to settle in. Funny? Yes, Survivor? A resounding no

Ils sont fous, ces Romains!
Thanks Tribe!

09-18-10, 07:58 PM (EST)
14. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1"
Actually I have to admit I'm generally pretty cool with your rankings. Just a couple comments:

CHASE - The only one telling us he's "clueless" is Brenda. Maybe it's just me but I find when an attractive girl is unable to control a guy by her looks or provocative behavior, as a matter of frustration they usually lash back by attacking his intelligence (calling him "dumb" or "clueless") or his sexuality (assuming he's "gay".) So I'm not putting a whole lot of weight on Brenda's reaction to her failed attempt.

SHANNON - I'm going purely from memory so I may be wrong. But I thought it was Jud who said to just give Kelly B. the million dollars, not Shannon. I thought Shannon said something to the effect of even giving her a million dollars wouldn't make up for the fact she doesn't have a leg. I didn't get any "admiration" from him at all. But like I said, I'm only going from memory.

09-18-10, 08:59 PM (EST)
15. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1"
What failed attempt? Brenda has an alliance with Chase, she learned from him that the guys were trying to form an alliance, she gained Chase's trust simply by smiling at him and he's already considering to ditch Shannon for her somewhere down the road. I'd say she was quite successful.

Jud didn't mention Kelly, it was all Shannon.
Here is his interview: “Me, I’m just a wuss. I could almost cry for her. I felt so bad and, if I was final 3 or 2 with her, I’d say just give her the money, cut her the check because no money in the world can replace what she’s probably gone through in her life. But really, she’s going to be too much of a threat down the road with sympathy votes. So, I figured if we lose a challenge to the old guys she’ll definitely have to be one of the first ones to go.”

Just mentioning that she has gone through a tough situation felt like admiration.
Consider that the editors could have limited the interview to "She's going to be too much of a threat... she'll have to be one of the first ones to go" That would have made him a villain but there was much more substance to it.

09-18-10, 09:30 PM (EST)
16. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1"
The "failed attempt" I was referring to was not being able to suck in Chase purely on looks and flirtation. It wasn't her "smile" that got information out of Chase, it was his decision to try to play the game with integrity and not want to lie to anyone.

The jury is still out as for whether she was successful in establishig a primary alliance with Chase. I think Chase's main alliance is with Shannon, not Brenda. Shannon's talk about making this a "Battle of the Sexes" probably concerns Chase so having Brenda as an alternative alliance is not a bad thing for him.

Like I said I went from memory, but your transcript confirmed what I remember Shannon saying that no money can replace her lost leg. I'm still not interpreting his statement as "admiration" but it sure didn't take you long to play the "edit card" this season.

Let me say this from the getgo...you're going to have a REALLY tough sell if you contribute "editing" to Shannon coming off as a bad guy.

09-18-10, 09:43 PM (EST)
17. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1"
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-10 AT 02:38 AM (EST)

You have it backwards: Chase felt bad about lying BECAUSE of his alliance with Brenda, not the other way around. His lie is to Shannon.

I always play the edit card because that is all we have. Everything we see is through the eyes of the editors and we have a very incomplete view of what really happened in Nicaragua. I'll even go one step further and say that the editors and the players have conflicting purposes. Each player wants his story to be told, thinks that his story is the best. The editors want to sell a story to the audience. They don't give a damn about the individual players. They just want the overall story to keep us tuned in.

That's why we never heard a single word about Earl's African American alliance or his "Shelter Builder" alliance. We were meant to BELIEVE that Earl was in trouble but he ALWAYS had the numbers.

09-19-10, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1"
Yeah. Earl was able to form alliances to help him out when he needed it, like after the switch and after the merge. He wasn't in any real trouble because he'd formed alliances beforehand.

Maybe something similar is happening with Chase -- he's not in trouble because he has alliances to help him out.

09-19-10, 12:02 PM (EST)
19. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1"
"Earl was able to form alliances to help him out when he needed it"

You are right Belle but it wasn't exactly when he needed it; it was before Sylvia even divided the tribes! Earl planned ahead.

Day 1, Earl gathered Anthony, Dreamz, Cassandra and Erica and told them not to let anyone try to divide them because they needed to form an alliance. The players thought they would be divided by race just like in CI so Earl used that to form the African American alliance.

The next day, while he was busy with the shelter, Lilliana and Rocky formed an "Explorer" alliance that included Mookie, Alex and Edgardo. Dreamz was with them at the time but he went straight to Earl about that news. Earl assembled all the "Shelter Builders": Sylvia, Gary, Anthony, Boo, Stacy, Yau Man, Cassandra and Lisi to form a counter alliance. With Dreamz on board, they had 10 over the 9 remaining Explorers if they all went to TC.

Once the tribe were split, the Explorers dropped their alliance since it had only been done in case the 19 member tribe went to TC but the shelter builders kept watching each other's back. Look at the votes: The Shelter builders did lose Sylvia, Anthony and Lisi but it would have been hard to save them. The explorers lost Jessica, Erica, Liliana, Rita and Rocky. By the merge, we had 6 Shelter Builders remaining.

The editors presented Earl and Yau Man working alone against everyone but that was a lie, a complete fabrication. They were so good at it that I fully expect Aruba to jump in saying he doesn't buy it!

09-19-10, 04:07 PM (EST)
20. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1"
I think I didn't make myself clear -- I believe you when you say that Earl planned ahead. He made the alliances that would help him out when and if he needed the help -- and he did this apparently before Sylvia divided the tribes! And yeah, they were very good at the alliance bit -- especially Earl!

09-20-10, 01:10 PM (EST)
21. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1"
I responded to your #17 post on this thread a couple days ago and it's not here??? How frustrating so I guess I'll have to do my best to remember exactly what I said...

Chase lied to Shannon? Just because someone is in two alliances it doesn't mean they are lying to one or the other. Now if Shannon flat out asked Chase if he was in another allaince and Chase answers, "No," THAT would be lying. That didn't happen. Of course I expect your response to be something to the effect of "Golly Gee, that could have happened but it was 'edited' out," yadda-yadda-yadda, blah-blah-blah.

In all seriousness I know most everything is edited, i.e. movies, TV shows, sports, etc. But when someone tries to presuppose something we don't see to spin or twist it to their own personal perspective, that's what I mean by playing the "edit card." You are then force to respond by disproving an occurrance that may or may not have happen. A rather slick manuever, but I'm on to it.

We didn't hear a word about the Black alliance? HMMMM, when Dre was going around in ep. 1 and asking "who's caucasion" and where the blacks are, let's just say that IMMEDIATELY waved a "black" flag in my mind. I didn't have to play the edit card to put two and two together to smell a bigot and I knew something was up.

But to Earl's credit when he was separated from Dre and that worthless tub of lard (I forgot her name) right from the getgo, he didn't panic and a more formidable alliance was formed with Yau-man.

09-20-10, 02:13 PM (EST)
22. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1"
This isn't editing. it's misunderstanding each other: Shannon proposed an all-male alliance to Chase, right? Chase agreed, right? They weren't going to let a female have a shot at winning, right? Chase then made an alliance with a dreaded female, right? Brenda even knows that there was an all-male alliance, right? I see a lie in Chase's actions, don't you?

I mostly use what you call the edit card to speculate but I always make it clear it is supposition. Therefore, I never ask you to prove or disprove, just to consider it. You never do!

When I go against what was edited it's because it was said in interviews so, again, I don't ask you to prove or disprove it but to accept it. You call everyone liars!

As for: "when Dre was going around in ep. 1 and asking "who's caucasion" and where the blacks are, let's just say that IMMEDIATELY waved a "black" flag in my mind. I didn't have to play the edit card to put two and two together to smell a bigot and I knew something was up."

I'd say you reached the right conclusion by making a mistake!! What happened the first night was that Earl prepared the African Americans to the likely racial split of the tribes in 4 like in CI. There was one problem: Melissa McNulty! Remember her? She's the one that quit so there were only 19 castaways. Earl and Dreamz couldn't figure out how the tribes would work so, not being a bigot, just being curious, Dreamz wanted to know who was white. It wasn't evident to see where Jessica, Lisi, Rocky and Alex would go. Dreamz certainly knew who was black so he never said "where are the blacks"!

09-20-10, 06:26 PM (EST)
23. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1"
You're an absolute riot!!!

I came to the right conclusion because I made a "mistake." Yep, that's me...just one lucky guy. I guess I'd rather be lucky than good? Whatever. PSST!

That paragraph about Chase is now visual evidence to the Spin Doctor title you appropriately hold. Talk about twisting things around. Chase is an alliance with Shannon so two physical guys would have a good chance of dominating any physical or athletic challenges. Time will tell if they are successful. Shannon is the male-basher here, not Chase. That's like saying James is a pimp because he partnered with Perv-ati. Or that Natalie is a scondrol because she parterned with Russell. I'm not labeling any player merely by association.

But to even remotely come to Dre's defense and insinuate his racist questioning is anything other than the pathetic, disgusting bigot he is? I think Spin Doctor may have a malpractice suit here. LOL

You really are a roit...I'm still laughing. Obviously Iltarion is MIA cause I can't believe he wouldn't respond to the Dre/Melissa McNulty spin! ROFLMAO

krismiss2us 768 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-20-10, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail krismiss2us Click to send private message to krismiss2us Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1"
do you aruba and michael actually know each other? cuz ya'll sound like me and my honey when we argue. i'd almost swear ya'll were married.

keep up the argume....i mean discussions. i love them....though how ya'll remember all that old crap is beyond me.

09-21-10, 03:08 AM (EST)
25. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1"
LAST EDITED ON 09-21-10 AT 02:01 PM (EST)

09-21-10, 06:44 AM (EST)
27. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1"
Pretty funny, Tribephyl

Actually if ANY of those three geezers possess even 1/4 of the memory and recall Michel, Iltarion, and I have, I'd put it in a pill and sell it to all the Seniors. Heck, I'd make as much money in one week as a Sole Survivor makes in 39 days!

09-21-10, 06:38 AM (EST)
26. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1"
HaHa

Sometimes I, myself, wonder how I'm able to remember things. Not just Survivor but a whole bunch of meaningless junk. I guess I have good recall. Perhaps it's because I focus on what ACTUALLY OCCURRED and don't bog myself down with incidents that may or have not have happened...or prevent using whatever brain power I have to put any weight on "backpeddling" efforts by players making lame attempts at self-preservation.

Actually when you say "crap" pertaining to Dre and that pathetic season in Fiji you DEFINITELY speak the truth!

Thanks for being a captive audience.

09-21-10, 09:57 AM (EST)
28. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1"
"But to even remotely come to Dre's defense"

I'm not defending Dreamz, I'm repeating what Earl said happenened. They both expected a racial division, they both wondered how the tribes would line up because the numbers didn't add up. Earl kept quiet about it, Dreamz couldn't resist trying to figure it out.

"Shannon is the male-basher (sic) here, not Chase."

Chase agreed with Shannon. Chase gave his word to Shannon. Chase then gave his word to one of Shannon's targets.
What's spin to see that as going against his word to Shannon? Or answer this: If the vote is between Brenda and Shannon, which way do you think Chase will go?

Open your eyes!

09-22-10, 12:33 PM (EST)
29. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1"
Eyes wide open.

Chase is not so stupid to tell Brenda, "Geez, sorry Hun but if you only came to be sooner I'd align with you...so I guess now you'll have to find another or go fend for yourself."
Or howabout this one..."Hey Brenda, I'm sorry I can't align with you but I'm already committed to a player who wants to systematically eliminate all the female Survivors!" LOL

Naturally he's going to be as responsive as possible to ANYONE who approaches him; especially this early in the game.

As for who will he ultimately choose? I'm going to lean toward Shannon--the player he aligned with first. Chase seems to be the type of guy who would go home with the one he brought to the dance. But in all fairness all we have is one episode, but that's my prediction anyway.

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-10, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1"
oops, it would appear things changed a bit. Shannon has a big mouth and it really killed him! That's two straight tribals where someone has talked themselves out of the game.

09-23-10, 04:44 PM (EST)
31. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1"
Perhaps just one -- the minds of the others might've been made up before Wendy's only Tribal Council.

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-10, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: S21 Love/Loathe List Ep1"
You could be right, but it seemed as though some were not sure yet until she spoke.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •