I went to the CBS website to check out the castaways. My preseason ranking is based solely on their picture, Bio, and short interview on that site. It'll be interesting to see how it compares to mid-season.
FIRST IMPRESSION LIKE
1) CHASE - Take 20 years off Tom Westman and you probably have Chase. So obviously he's my preseason #1. Love that he hates lazy people, and picking JT as his favorite Survivor is a great choice.
2) KELLY B. - How can anyone NOT rank her high to start off? An amputee and losing her father this year in the Haiti earthquake while volunteering? But I see her as a female Chad. A lock to make the merge but will be booted for fear of getting sympathy votes.
3) HOLLY - Like her work ethic and competitiveness. Check out her arms on the CBS bio pic. I think I'm in love...Oh forget it, she's married. Well I'm still liking her, but if she turns into a villian it will be like finding out there's no Santa Claus...I may even shed a tear.
4) TYRONE - Tom Westman is his fav. Seems to have a good combination of strength and maturity. But if he likes to show off his ripped abs all the time he may be Anti-Darwined early in the game.
5) MARTY - He says he'll play HARD and will NOT ride coattails. If they format this season as "BB in the jungle" he doesn't stand a chance. If they don't, I'm looking forward to watching a castaway advance by playing hard.
6) YUE - She's over 40! Mama-Mia!!! If she truly is a "mix between Bob Crowly & Danni" like she says she is, I can't wait to see her in action.
TAKE 'EM OR LEAVE 'EM RIGHT NOW
7) JIMMY T. - He considers himself as "lovable as Ruppert." We'll let the other castaways be the judge of that. He's a hard working fisherman, but doesn't come across as the brightest bulb in the chandelier. Could go either way.
8) JIMMY J. - He has a better chance coaching the St. Louis Rams to the Superbowl than he does making the merge. But he's charismatic and his confessionals should be entertaining.
9) BRENDA - She's got coattail rider written all over her. But if she can handle the adverse conditions she could go far. If she can't, she's my guess as a quitter this season (if there is one.)
10) JUD - He says he can swim better than Ozzy. This I HAVE to see! If he can't back it up, he'll be disappointed & frustrated and annoy the heck out of the others. If he can, he'll probably be Anti-Darwined out. Sounds like a Lose/Lose situation to me.
11) JILL - A doctor who plays paint ball and says she's the most prepared out of everyone in the cast. Interesting. As prepared as she thinks she is, I don't see her running the table like Terry did in S12, so I'd be surprised if she makes the merge.
12) DAN - Simply put this guy's a piece of work. He calls himself "Mr. Connected," and says his pet peeve is politicians but lists Ronald Reagan as his inspiration. Maybe Ronald Reagan the actor? Biggest beneficiary of the "Old vs. Young" format because he'd be among the first voted out otherwise.
13) BEN - He was a cameraman for the "Girls Gone Wlld" videos. Good News--If CBS casts a bunch of PERVati-like skanks, he can scout potential recruits. Bad News--He says he has a short fuse. Translation--See ya later, Alligator.
CAN'T IMAGINE LIKING ANY OF THESE
14) ALINA - She calls herself a "bad a$$" and will use her "looks" to her advantage. Sorry to be her bearer of bad tidings, but a couple 40+ women blow her out of the water in the looks deptartment. Her "bad a$$' probably goes home early.
15) JANE - A 56-year old female who says she'll "outdo all the younger girls." Problem is if a bunch of horny toads are casted who fold like cheap suits at the first sight of cleavage, you'll need to OUTLOOK them, not outdo them. Another player who probably doesn't make the merge.
16) KELLY S. - You KNOW she's in the Young tribe when she lists winning Homecoming Queen as her greatest accomplishment. She says she'll "flirt" her way to the top. Fortunately for her the "Young vs. Old" format will allow her to get away with that early on. But when the older and mature castaways are filtered in--she's probably toast.
17) WENDY JO - A 48-year old who says she "never shuts up." So would anyone want to even spend time in the Losers Lounge with her? Probably not. She's got premerge boot written all over her.
18) NAONKA - She says she's an original who's "like no other," but lists not having any kids at 27 as her greatest accomplishment. I'm flabbergasted at that "originality!" She also calls herself a "lethal weapon." She's going to annoy me for as long as she's in the game...which hopefully (and probably) will not be for long.
19) SHANNON - He considers himself a "prettier Russell" and will have no problem telling a player they're getting voted out because they "suck." And he lists "dumb people" among his pet peeves?! Does this idiot know what game he's playing?
20) MATT "SASH" - First off anyone over 25 who has to go by a nickname is a monumental loser in my mind. He says they'll be players who could probably bench press "20 lbs. more than me." Dude, based by your CBS bio photo, I'm thinking more than half of the females can press at least 50 lbs more than you. He goes on to call himself "The Dominator" and has "every woman rapped around his finger."
OK, all together now...can we say "DOUCHBAG?!"