The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Quarantine Question"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-18-10, 08:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Quarantine Question"
During his comments about the season, Colby said "We were quarentined. I enjoyed going into the jungle and free dive. couldn't find that this time."

This was an important point that wasn't explained. Why were they quarantined??

Maybe this is why they didn't use the ocean like they used to for challenges (which IMO was a real disappointment).

Anyone know why they weren't allowed to explore??

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Quarantine Question Snidget 05-18-10 1
   RE: Quarantine Question michel 05-18-10 2
       RE: Quarantine Question iltarion 05-19-10 3
           RE: Quarantine Question CTgirl 05-21-10 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-10, 09:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Quarantine Question"
Well one of the travel sites had several mentions of the ocean being pretty dangerous to swim in as it gets deep fast and lots of rip currents.

Not sure why they couldn't explore the land much danger wise, but they may have only had a limited area they were allowed to use??

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-10, 11:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Quarantine Question"
I think OFG would be the best to answer this because she did a lot of work on the Samoa maps but I think Survivor had rented very limited land. The island around them was far from being deserted. It really wasn't like being in the middle of the Outback.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-19-10, 02:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Quarantine Question"

Laura explained in her 19 minute radio interview near the beginning of the season that the Heroes were at the same beach that Galu was at last season. She said the ocean was extremely rough, which is why no one was able to catch fish. She said there basically is no beach there.

That tidbit by Colby was actually the most revealing part of the Reunion. That explains a lot as far as why Colby was so downcast all season.

>

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-10, 08:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Quarantine Question"
I just listened to Colby's interview by the Survivor Fans podcast team. He said that the beach was almost entirely coral and the seas were very rough. They couldn't go more than 30 feet out and only had about a 6 foot area where they could go in deep enough to bathe. He also said that the area was roped off just beyond camp and they had no space to go adventuring or even to get away to think. Whenever he tried to walk up the coast to get some alone time, a producer would tell him to go back to camp. No wonder he was so not into it!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •