The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 11"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-01-10, 00:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 11"

I told myself I would keep watching this season as long as Amanda lasted. Now, all bets are off. What's the story? A melodrama about the Villians? I can watch unlikable people on reality shows whenever I want.

1. Russell- Gets his spot back for saving Parvati's backside again by pulling in Candice, and for this line- "If Sandra and Candice were to both vote for me, I'd be gone. But if they were to do that... more power to them."

2. Parvati- Phil Helmuth says he can dodge bullets, and so can Parvati Shallow. In fact, I think she's dodged more bullets than anyone in any single season. She appears to have the jury eating out of the palm of her hand, somehow again. She is in full-on eyeroll mode in TC now. She annoys me, but she was born to play the game Survivor has become.

3. Sandra- She has proven me wrong by validating her PI win. She has played well. Though she is a pro liar, her ability to just level with people makes her a unique player. Candice ruined her plan for revenge. For shame.

4. Danielle- Showed a strong streak of punkish masculinity in both her fight with Amanda and then in lying about it afterwards, telling her alliancemates she outmuscled Amanda for the clue when actually Colby made Amanda give it back. Not attractive this episode.

5. Rupert- Got a lot of screen time and his narrator roll back. That makes me think Colby is the next likely target if it isn't Russell.

6. Jerri- Had nothing to say all episode until her immunity win. Congrats on that though.

7. Colby- Was actually pretty relevant this episode in several ways. Got a lot of face time. Somehow, he made lying in a bed between Danielle and Amanda look uncomfortable. Amazing feat. He gets the blame for giving up the idol clue. Amanda had just as much right to it as Danielle did. She wasn't going to keep it after her own tribemate told her to give it back though. Dude just looked too tired to care about the argument, just wanted it to stop.

8. Candice- She waited longer to mutiny this time, which makes her move 10 times smarter than last time, but I still fail to see the intelligence in it. Likely all the Heroes will be on the jury. You just screwed them over. I don't see how she could win a vote unless she was 1 on 1 with Russell.

Ponderosa-

Coach- Better at entertaining than playing.
Courtney- got as much screen time as the typical first jury member... oh
JT- Smart enough to sense Russell needed another idol.
Amanda- She always entertains me, and I'm always happy to watch her, though she had a bigger role at the start. She played well again. 3 tries on the show, and she will be at the FTC for all 3. Only Parvati can beat that. She admitted herself she made more mistakes this time around. However, Russell and Parvati both had flattering things to say about her in targeting her. The fact that even while she was searching for the clue to the idol, Danielle found it while blithely eating popcorn, showed how much luck her and the Heroes have had this whole season.

>

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List E... michel 05-02-10 1
   RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List E... Tublecane 05-04-10 2
       RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List E... michel 05-04-10 3
           RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List E... garcor 05-05-10 4
           RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List E... Tublecane 05-06-10 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-02-10, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 11"
1st: Parvati and Sandra: They are the two sides of the same coin:
- The Micronesia Sole Survivor is strongly inside the alliance. She is shown to know everything that is going on but she may have no protection against the wrath of the biggest Villain ever.
-The Pearl Island Sole survivor is completely outside the alliance. She doesn’t know what is going on but she openly targets the biggest Villain ever.
Iltarion, Survivor has always been Outwit, Outplay, Outlast and the lies go all the way back to Hatch. I'm glad you see that Sandra can play this game.

3- Danielle: She was finally portrayed as the aggressive player she always claimed to be but was rarely given the occasion to show.

4- Russell: He’s still presented as the master tactician but he made an error and was shown to be a step behind in figuring out what was going on at TC again.

5- Candice: Every time she’s made a big move, it’s been portrayed as a mistake. What I saw is that she had no chance of winning a vote against Rupert, Colby or even Amanda but she could against Russell and maybe the other villainess. Her moves were presented as being wishy-washy but she probably had her mind made up all along. With the Heroes convinced that Danielle had the clue, Candice knew who had the more solid plan.

6- Jerri: Congratulations for her first IC win (even if it was a made-for-Susie challenge) but where was she the rest of the time? Enjoy the moment.

7- Rupert: He's emerging as the Hero that makes the most sense but it's too little too late.

8-Colby: This must have been a painful episode to watch for Colby. Despite winning the reward, he appeared to be completely done as Russell said. He should never have stopped playing the game during the reward.

Booted - Amanda: This season showed the real Amanda: A very solid player that isn't a strong strategic thinker.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Tublecane 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-04-10, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tublecane Click to send private message to Tublecane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 11"
"Russell: He’s still presented as the master tactician but he made an error and was shown to be a step behind in figuring out what was going on at TC again."

Granted, he guessed wrong, but one thing I like about Russell is that he's not overconfident. When he's unsure he covers his #####. Which is what seperates decent players from Ozzy, James, the two Eriks, and others.

Also, let the record show that whether he knew it or not, he caused the vote to go his alliance's way by wooing Candice and scaring Sandra. Credit where credit's due.

Also also, Parvati's catty comment about wasting an idol was ironic, given that she technically wasted one in the previous TC.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-04-10, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 11"
I did give Russell credit, saying he was presented as the master tactician.

Also, I mainly go with the flow of the edit when doing this list. Russell reacted by saying "Damn it" when he saw he wasn't receiving any votes. Parvati kept on smiling throughout the previous TC; she wasn't shown having any concerns about wasting an idol. That told me it won't be important to her but it could be important to Russell. That's why I write about it.

garcor 432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-05-10, 06:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 11"
1. Russell - Once again shows talent for playing on insecurities and weaknessess of others. Convinced Tyson he was better off taking the sure strategy of voting out Parvati; Geri that he was more trustworthy than Rob; and Coach that voting for Russell or Rob was an equal proposition for Coach's long term survival. This time it was Candice, who is somehow convinced it is a smart move to switch tribes. (Don't see how after this mutiny Candice now gets any of the Heroes votes even if she somehow makes it to final TC.)

Also worked on Sandra to keep her in line and got his chosen target, Parvati's ex-ally Amanda voted out.

2. Parvati - Was Parvati's comment to Russell about wasting an idol an indication that the Villain's women will be coming after him soon? Position may have slipped a little as allying with Amanda is no longer an option.

3. Sandra - Will survive yet another week if Rupert or Colby become the next target of a non-divisive vote. If left in game, might eventually get her shot at Russell. No chance she's now actually allied with Russell and is just trying to fool everyone with her comments?

4. Geri - Becoming an important swing vote.

5. Rupert - If Sandra can keep him in game (figure Colby a more likely next vote out) might also become valuable swing vote.

6. Danielle - Not sure why she needed to invent a story of outwrestling Amanda for the idol clue but did not come across as impressive act.

7. Candice - Guess she would have felt more loyalty if she had been listened to more by other Heroes. Still, her tribe might have been back in the majority. Two seasons, one mutiny and one flip. Not sure what that says but don't think it speaks much for her playing.

8. Colby - Could you show any less interest? A clue to an immunity idol and you tell Amanda to give it back? It didn't belong to anyone; even Jeff said there are no rules for that type of situation.

Gone Amanda - Should have read the clue and then gave it back to Danielle. Didn't have the influence to prevent the guys from giving away JT's idol; the persuasiveness to convince Parvati she was targeted or the strength of will to ignore Colby's "order."

Tublecane 141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-06-10, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tublecane Click to send private message to Tublecane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S20 H vs. V- Love/Loathe List Episode 11"
LAST EDITED ON 05-06-10 AT 06:28 PM (EST)

"I did give Russell credit, saying he was presented as the master tactician"

Saying he's "presented as the master tactician but" sounds like you don't agree with the editing, but whatever.

"Parvati kept on smiling throughout the previous TC; she wasn't shown having any concerns about wasting an idol. That told me it won't be important to her but it could be important to Russell. That's why I write about it."

My point about the idols was more directed at Parvati personally, not at what you wrote. Still, you can't exactly go by the editing in this case because the reactions, as always, are about whether the vote goes the way they planned. And Parvati's plan accounted for wasting an idol whatever the result, whereas Russell's plan was for the idol to save him. So when one plan turns out right and the other doesn't, that does not mean that one idol (Parvati's) was used correctly and the other (Russell's) was wasted. Russell's probably gonna target Parvati next episode, and I'll bet dollars to doughnuts she'll want to have that idol back to cover herself or an ally.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •