The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Who'd she call???????????"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

theoutsider 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-12-08, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail theoutsider Click to send private message to theoutsider Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Who'd she call???????????"
I forgot her name, but who the hell did call twice? I think it was the quitter that applied five times. She also said that the tapes get expensive. Is she using gold plated VHS tapes? Last I knew they only cost a $1.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Who'd she call??????????? Snidget 05-13-08 1
   RE: Who'd she call??????????? theoutsider 05-13-08 2
 RE: Who'd she call??????????? PsychoKitty 05-15-08 3
 FYI KObrien_fan 05-18-08 4
   RE: FYI UNCLERICH1 07-01-08 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-13-08, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Who'd she call???????????"
I believe Kathy said she made the "call backs" twice.

Is that what you are asking. Call Backs are usually after the original audition (if I understand the process correctly) and it means you made it past the initial audition for the show.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

theoutsider 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-13-08, 09:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail theoutsider Click to send private message to theoutsider Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Who'd she call???????????"
You're probably right. I still thought she said she called twice.

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-15-08, 09:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Who'd she call???????????"
You are right - Kathy is just an out and out goofball!!!!! And cheap too!

We are so blessed that she tried SO hard to get cast on Survivor! Yeesh!!!!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-18-08, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "FYI"
Any person that gets a call back on survivor what does that mean to them financially?

Lets see, first you have to take a day off work and travel to the local interview, sure SEG pays your flight if need be, and hotel, but they don't compensate for time missed from work. OK, so 1 day, no big deal.

Lets not forget to add in passport fees, photo fees, fedex fees for fedexing the 2nd and 3rd packets of application questions, cause if you get called back the original 20 page application seems like child play compared to the 50 page follow up application which if you fail to get it in on time, forget your chances.

Next you get the call that you made it to LA for the next series of interviews. Nothing wrong with an all expense trip to Lala land, right? Well, this time you have got to take 2 weeks off from work, many of the people trying out for survivor do not have the types of jobs that allow them all kinds of vacation time, and so they have to take unpaid leave if they want a shot at pursuing their dream. Not to mention the clothes, the child care, and any other expenses accrued while away for 2 straight weeks.

Then, for some, they don't tell you right in LA if you made it or not, they want the stable filled and ready to fly off to Micronesia, Gabon or wherever the secret location is and at a moments notice, so you have got to have game clothes approved and ready to go- this costs money, you have got to make arrangements to be away 45 days since there is travel to, the game, and post game fly home time involved. But you have already burned your vacation time, so if you do get selected to be on the show you face the possibility of time off without pay, or not coming home to a job.

OK, great, so it costs alot to follow your dreams and get on survivor, what if you do get selected? Great, you have a shot at a million dollars (less once deducting taxes). But what if you get voted out first, or in the first 6? You get 10 grand for your troubles, sound good? Subtract taxes. But, you also get a wonderful all expense paid vacation that you wouldn't normally have received, yep that part does sound good.

But now you get back to the states and people from all over think they know everything there is about you, they feel they have the right to judge you because you were on TV, they feel they can say anything to you without worrying about your feelings just because you are a survivor. You already feel bad enough for being voted out early, do you really need a putz who wouldn't lift a finger to apply for the show telling you how you should have made this or that move?

I won't go on and on but I could. The expense is not the original "gold" plated video tape, it is all the other things that you don't see or don't think about. Survivor will change an applicants life for better or for worse, whether they never get selected or make it on the show. At some point each person has got to make their own decision on whether or not it was all worth it.

I'm not sure who came first hosting games, you or Tribe, but you are both nefarious! - CTGirl

UNCLERICH1 115 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-01-08, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail UNCLERICH1 Click to send private message to UNCLERICH1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: FYI"
Thanks KObrien_fan:You gave a great response to the question!!!
Kathy KB Sleckman is a friend of mine on MySpace and will always be my friend. There is way more to the story then has been told!! The same with Natalie Bolton and things said about her!! Kathy and Natalie you are my friends

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •