The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26211 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-04-14, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Are we on time again tonight? Seriously, you tell me, have not been able to check. Still stuck in another time zone on family matters, show up and post, everyone, please!
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 ... PepeLePew13 05-04-14 1
 RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 ... PepeLePew13 05-04-14 2
   RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 ... Estee 05-04-14 3
       RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 ... kidflash212 05-04-14 11
 RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 ... Estee 05-04-14 4
 RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 ... Estee 05-04-14 5
 RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 ... PepeLePew13 05-04-14 6
 RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 ... PepeLePew13 05-04-14 7
   RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 ... dabo 05-04-14 14
 RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 ... Estee 05-04-14 8
   RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 ... kidflash212 05-04-14 13
       RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 ... dabo 05-04-14 15
 RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 ... PepeLePew13 05-04-14 9
   RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 ... kidflash212 05-04-14 12
   RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 ... newsomewayne 05-05-14 16
       RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 ... dabo 05-05-14 17
           RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 ... newsomewayne 05-06-14 19
               RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 ... PepeLePew13 05-06-14 20
                   RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 ... newsomewayne 05-06-14 21
                       RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 ... PepeLePew13 05-06-14 22
 RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 ... PepeLePew13 05-04-14 10
   RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 ... PsychoKitty 05-05-14 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 25203 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-14, 08:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I'm here for a change, and it's on time where I am ... so I'll help out with the play by play!
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

05-04-14, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Recap: In the mountains and lugging milk jugs in Switzerland and C&J get saved by a non-elim, yada yada yada, five teams left. That was a ... short promo, and poof, we're off to commercials.

Back from commercials now. We're off to Seville, Spain! Proceed to the Alameda where they'll find their next clue. Dave and Conner is the first to leave, heading to the Zurich airport. Dave is still whining about the use of the U-Turn. Shut up, already. This might be the quickest favourite-turned-villain drop in a character's storyline I've seen on TAR.

Nice brief look at the scenery on the drive. They need to highlight more of this, maybe even show a team or two strolling out for fun during the overnight break before the leg started.

Looks like some teams are going to be spending the night in Barcelona waiting for a changeover in their flight to Seville. Leo/Jamal and Dave/Connor are the two teams that found a direct flight to Seville while the others are headed to Barcelona.

At the Alameda, they see a stone that says your clue will arrive at 8:30 am. In the morning, a guy playing the trumpet gives them their clues.

Roadblock: Barbers of Seville - Head to a barber shop and shave a balloon with a straight-edged razor without breaking it in 60 seconds, get their next clue. Both guys fail in their first attempt to shave the balloon as the barbers pop the balloons when time runs out.

Connor makes it with just a couple of seconds to spare on his second try. Clue tells the teams to go to Real Alcazar de Sevilla (a royal palace - I've been there).

L&J get their balloon done on the third try and head off.

Other three teams are all in Seville now. C&J appear to be the first to get to the Alameda, then Brenchel are close behind. Cowboys eventually get there.

C&J barely have their balloon half done when the barber pops it to call time.

Brenchel and their taxi driver are lost. Driver has no clue where he is, saying "I don't have Internet".

Estee 56560 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-14, 08:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I do wonder how the rest of the audience is seeing this. To me, D&C are whining. A lot. But so many people are almost trained to see B&R as the villains...

kidflash212 4122 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-04-14, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Well I see it as whining, it was two legs ago, Dave. Let it go. Should Leo & Jamal keep complaining about you U-turning them?

05-04-14, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Grodner is totally stealing this challenge.

05-04-14, 08:33 PM (EST)
5. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Take a knee! Take a knee!

Good! Now take the other knee!

05-04-14, 08:33 PM (EST)
6. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-14 AT 08:43 PM (EST)

Brenchel finally arrive at the barber shop. Country singers and Cowboys are still there, shaving.

None of the teams are really close to finishing their balloons. All three get popped by the barbers.

Dave and Connor are first to arrive at Real Alcazar. Only a brief, cursory look at the palace, really needed to show it off some more.

Detour! Spanish Steps (flamenco routine) or Run with the Ballz (wear bull balloon and run the streets).

Rachel finishes in the nick of time and gets the clue, while the singers and cowboys are still there. Singers are next to finish, and shortly after that, the cowboys get their clue.

Both L/J and D/C elect to run with the bulls/ballz. Just as soon as they come out of the alleyway, they get steamrolled by some locals also wearing bull balloons. Let's see if Dave whines about the locals picking on a 60-year-old man in a balloon.

C&J are now at their Speed Bump. "Ham it Up" - deliver six Spanish hams through the city streets to a cafe called Las Teresas. Ho hum.

Even the cameraman gets steamrolled as Dave and Connor in particular are getting pounded. Leo/Jamal are having a rough ride as well. Both teams are having trouble concentrating on the signs that has a message on it for them to recite as they keep getting crunched by the locals.

There it is. Dave: "Old, I'm old." You're welcome to watch the rest of the race from your couch at home while the other four fight it out for the million dollars.

D&C are first to finish and they're off to get their next clue at the General Archives of the Indies.

Leo gets crunched, rolling head over heels and his pants start to fall down. Looks like Jamal has twisted his knee, which may have an effect on the rest of the race.

05-04-14, 08:43 PM (EST)
7. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
The Afghanimals are back on the course, with Jamal walking gingerly.

Here's Phil, talking about the double U-Turn. Dave/Connor elect to not u-turn anyone. They go to the pit stop at Plaza de Espana.

Rachel gets completely pounded by a bull, goes flying about ten feet in the air before skidding onto the pavement. Jet and Cord are applying their knowledge of riding bulls while battling the locals.

Country singers do the flamenco part of the detour - smart, as they're the lightest of all the contestants left and they'd be pounded worse than Rachel has been (by the bulls, I'm talking about the bulls... oh, you know what I mean).

Jet and Cord doesn't have the full clue yet, so they have to go back out again. Ditto for Brenchel. The locals must be TAR and BB fans as it's clear they aren't treating Rachel gently. "You don't have balls, bulls" as Brendon gets slammed through an open door.

Leo and Jamal decide to U-Turn the cowboys. Jamal's knee is messed up, so they need some help, saying "there's only room for two cowboys in the race."

05-04-14, 09:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
>Rachel gets completely pounded by a
>bull, goes flying about ten
>feet in the air before
>skidding onto the pavement.

And could she be any whinier?
Actually, she probably could. But in contrast with Conner, who would have liked to go back and do it some more, her cries of Gurl! Gurl! just said it all.

05-04-14, 08:44 PM (EST)
8. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Dave and Conner logic: we keep finishing in first place. Therefore, we are in no way a threat which needs to be targeted.

It makes so much sense. To -- someone.

05-04-14, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 05-04-14 AT 09:05 PM (EST)

Dave has become one of the whiniest races ever. I am a little worried about that "no parent/child team" has ever won. I hope it is not foreshadowing. At this point, I think I'd rather Rachel & Brendon win. I can't believe I feel that way.

05-04-14, 09:36 PM (EST)
15. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
At least they'll have their Mustangs with which to ride off in the sunset.

I don't mind so much that Dave played on other teams' sympathies to get a bull's-eye on another team, but we don't need to keep hearing it from him, it is getting old.

05-04-14, 08:56 PM (EST)
9. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Gotta say that watching the bulls detour was a fun one - they need more detours like this in future races. Sure, it was rough but that's part of the fun and makes it challenging to pick up the words they need to recite. Heck, I'd volunteer to run over Rachel and Dave, too.

Brenchel finish, currently in third place. They are blown away that L&J decided to U-turn the Cowboys instead of them.

At the pit stop, Dave and Connor are first to arrive. They win a trip for two to St. Croix for seven nights. Dave talks about how proud he is of who Connor has become as a man. (I'll be impressed if Connor doesn't start whining about others picking on an old man when he turns 60).

Jet and Cord do battle with the locals again. They successfully recite the words and get their next clue. Currently in fourth place, but we know they'll be U-turned.

Brenchel run to the pit stop and Rachel just does a pratfall out of the blue. They're team number 2 at the pit stop.

Country singers now try to do their flamenco routine. Nothing special, very robotic, but they get it done and head off with their clue.

Leo and Jamal amble slowly to the pit stop and finish as team number three. Jamal says his knee is really messed up and defends their decision to U-turn the Cowboys.

Country Singers arrive at the U-turn and decide to put up Brenchel, not knowing they were already there. Cowboys find out they've been U-turned and say they're disappointed with Leo and Jamal and that you can't trust anyone on this race.

Country Singers are team number four at the pit stop.

Cowboys head out to do the flamenco routine. Looks like they were given the clue out of pity as their routine wasn't all that great. They're last to arrive at the pit stop and have been Philiminated from the race. They'd have been Philiminated anyway even without the U-turn as the country singers were there earlier than them.

Good bye, cowboys! Sick of you guys...

05-04-14, 09:03 PM (EST)
12. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I know in some parts of the internet, Leo & Jamal have just become public enemy #1 but it was a good call on their part. The cowpies are a stronger team.

newsomewayne 9253 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-14, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
What's the problem with the Cowboys? I thought they raced clean. They never that I recall tried to screw anybody over. They stayed out of other peoples' squabbles. And the didn't cry over things that the race threw at them. Sure, they badmouthed Leo and Jamal a little after being U-turned, but I don't think that was anything more than "heat of the moment" talk.

05-05-14, 12:56 PM (EST)
17. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
If it were a popularity contest I bet even Leo & Jamal would vote for Jet & Cord. But TAR is not a popularity contest, it is an objective competition with defined goals. Leo & Jamal were looking out for themselves, doing what was best for them (in their opinions) under the circumstances. In essence they were saying that the Cowboys were their strongest competition.

05-06-14, 08:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
No, I understand why Leo & Jamal did what they did. I'd have done it, too. I was wondering why Pepe was glad to see them go. I thought they were a great team.

05-06-14, 12:33 PM (EST)
20. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I've never liked them dating back to their original season and the way they fudged about Dan/Jordan cutting the line at the airport as "cheating". They see nothing wrong with pilfering someone else's taxi cab, but made a big deal when others do things that are along the same ethical lines.

When things go their way, they're nice and all, but when things don't go their way, they get petulant. It's not as flagrant in this season, but that image has stuck with me since their original season.

05-06-14, 03:18 PM (EST)
21. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 05-06-14 AT 03:19 PM (EST)

Thanks. I don't remember those things, but I don't doubt your memory of them.

when things don't go their way, they get petulant. It's not as flagrant in this season,

Just speculation, but perhaps after 3 seasons, they've learned a thing or two.

05-06-14, 04:12 PM (EST)
22. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
That's fine - it's the same with several other teams, notably the Afghanimals who has received a much better edit this season, but I'm still not a fan of some of these teams.

The Cowboys still sometimes put on airs, so no, I haven't changed my opinion of them.

05-04-14, 09:00 PM (EST)
10. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Next week...

Looks like we're going to Wales. We're on a soccer field. There's skeet shooting going on. Rachel has her familiar weeping face going.

PsychoKitty 707 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-05-14, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: TAR 24 Half Stars - Episode 10 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Whine! Whine! I'm Just a Girl! Be Gentle!!!

ACK!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •