The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR 22 - Episode 3 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-03-13, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR 22 - Episode 3 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Please keep all discussion of tonight's Episode 3 on this thread until after the show has aired on the West Coast.

Note: I'll be out of town the next two Sundays, so will need a volunteer to get this thread up and running.

On to New Zealand we go!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TAR 22 - Episode 3 - East Coast... Snidget 03-03-13 1
   RE: TAR 22 - Episode 3 - East Coast... Snidget 03-03-13 2
 RE: TAR 22 - Episode 3 - East Coast... PepeLePew13 03-03-13 3
   RE: TAR 22 - Episode 3 - East Coast... Karchita 03-04-13 14
 RE: TAR 22 - Episode 3 - East Coast... featherfish81 03-03-13 4
 RE: TAR 22 - Episode 3 - East Coast... PepeLePew13 03-03-13 5
   RE: TAR 22 - Episode 3 - East Coast... Karchita 03-04-13 15
 The Shemozzled need to hug Phil Snidget 03-03-13 6
 RE: TAR 22 - Episode 3 - East Coast... PepeLePew13 03-03-13 7
   RE: TAR 22 - Episode 3 - East Coast... PepeLePew13 03-03-13 8
       RE: TAR 22 - Episode 3 - East Coast... Snidget 03-03-13 9
 RE: TAR 22 - Episode 3 - East Coast... PepeLePew13 03-03-13 10
   RE: TAR 22 - Episode 3 - East Coast... Snidget 03-03-13 11
 Next week... PepeLePew13 03-03-13 12
   RE: Next week... PepeLePew13 03-03-13 13
   RE: Next week... Karchita 03-04-13 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-13, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TAR 22 - Episode 3 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Bunching at the airport, Dad tore up the leg but good, but has a boot so on they go. Just about killed someone in the airport with the wheelchair.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

03-03-13, 09:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TAR 22 - Episode 3 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
And some unbunching as there are a couple of different connections to Christchurch and looks like the country racers left behind.

03-03-13, 09:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TAR 22 - Episode 3 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
We start with Dave and Conner discussing the muscle pull (as initially described by the doctor). Doc is saying I will give you crutches, I'm sorry but that is the way.

They decide they're going to keep trying even with the crutches.

Bates and Anthony are first to leave. Fly to Christchurch, NZ. Pick up a car and head on over to Rakaia River Gorge.

Jessica and John decide they're going to give the express pass to Dave and Connor because of Dave's injury and also because they want to focus on beating the hockey players as a bigger threat.

Oooh, look, John's got such pretty teeth. All the better for Anthony to punch him in the mouth and knock them out! Hockey players are irritated with John's goofy look as he grins while snaring the last available seats on the flight that is about to leave right then.

First two teams arrive in Papeete, Tahiti. Airport is completely vacant, not a soul to be seen. Dave and Connor make plans to go and see a doctor when they get to Tahiti, determine how bad Dave's injury is. Doctor says there is a small tear, Achilles tendon is torn. Dave gets fitted for a walking boot at a pharmacy, and they've decided to soldier on with the race, will keep going for as long as they could. (I'd do the same if I were in the same position - it's the race of a lifetime!)

Got a little alliance-building going on between three teams it seems, with one particular goal: get the hockey players out. Teams all sleep overnight on the floor of the airport in Papeete.

Now we're all heading off to Christchurch, there's three different flights being taken to get from Tahiti to NZ. Chuck and Wynona seems to be the only one not on the first three flights and it's just now hitting them they might have made a major error.

Karchita 4469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-04-13, 03:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: TAR 22 - Episode 3 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I had this nearly this same injury, but OMG, mine was soooo much worse. I was relatively okay when it happened, but by the next morning, not only could I not put any weight on it, I couldn't even straighten my leg. Hopping was too painful; I crawled on my hands and knees to get to the phone to call the doctor.

For the next few weeks, any movement sent the most horrible, sharp, stabbing pains up my leg. Even if I didn't move my lower body, just reaching with my arms for something could trigger it.

I've never broken a bone, but others who have done both told me that the pain is much worse than a broken bone.

My tear was higher up, closer to the muscle, but still, I don't understand how he could possibly be doing what he is doing. And I am no wimp. What kind of drugs is he on???

However, I could drive a stick shift. Somehow I drove to the doctor that day. You don't have to use your calf muscles to operate a clutch. Just remove the boot and use your thigh muscles and hold your lower leg still.

I guess I don't understand what is going on with Dave medically. I always hate to see someone go out on an injury, but I think that is what he is going to have to do, sooner or later. Aside from any pain he is or is not experiencing, you can't do TAR on crutches, and he will be using them for six weeks or until he has surgery, depending on what exactly he tore.

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-03-13, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TAR 22 - Episode 3 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
20 minutes in and nothing has really happened...

03-03-13, 09:36 PM (EST)
5. "RE: TAR 22 - Episode 3 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Seems Chuck and Wynona are in Auckland...

We're now in Christchurch. At Rakika River Gorge, teams will sign up for a jet boat tour.

Dave is rapidly hopping through the airport on his crutches, Terry Fox-esque.

Lots of sheep. Baa baa. Would really, really like to go to NZ one day, great scenery.

Dave and Connor grab the number one slot for the jet boat tours! Teams will sleep overnight in a bunch of tents set up by the beach.

Dave and Connor leave first, and Dave gets to drive the boat - nice for him to be able to keep going for as long as they could, and they're hoping to be able to save the express pass and not use it right away.

Detour time!

Rev it up or Reel it in. Rev it up - put pedal to the metal to drive through a dirt course within 83 seconds. Reel it in, teams much catch a fish 12 inches long. Dave and Connor arrive and realize they can't drive a clutch (Dave's foot is no good, remember), so they head back to do the other detour.

One team drives through with the parking brake still on. Duh. Teams are finding it not easy to finish the course within a decent time - both partners must do it in 83 seconds. Katie is really bending Max's ear about his fish-tailing while driving, then when it's her turn to drive, she's slow and admitted she just learned to drive a clutch. Pam's barely able to reach the pedals and promptly stalled the car on take off.

At the Reel it in detour, nice to see that Prince Charles has an actual job instead of free-loading off his Mum all the time.

Dave and Connor decide to use the Express Pass.

Chuck and Wynona are the only ones who decide to visit with Prince Charles and do the fishing detour.

Max is still fishtailing and he just creamed two cones by driving directly over them.

03-04-13, 03:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: TAR 22 - Episode 3 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
"... nice to see that Prince Charles has an actual job instead of free-loading off his Mum all the time." *snort*

I'd sure like to visit NZ someday, too.

Loved the cone creaming!

03-03-13, 09:43 PM (EST)
6. "The Shemozzled need to hug Phil"
Need to hug Phil soooo bad.

03-03-13, 09:47 PM (EST)
7. "RE: TAR 22 - Episode 3 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
We're back from commercial. Now Katie gets to fishtail and run over some cones too.

John gets into the car on the wrong side, laughs and runs over to the right side so he can drive. A number of people have done that already, forgetting that they drive on the left side of the road in NZ.

Drive to Mount Hutt Station and search for their next clue.

Chuck reels in a big one, looks like it's enough.

Roadblock - do a "Shemozzle Race" - go through an obstacle course, get eggs, slide through and get covered with molasses then through a tube to get feathered. Come on, use tar (name of the race, get it?) instead of molasses! Then go down a slide while holding the eggs and hand it over without breaking them - need to collect a total of 12 eggs.

Max and Katie are in the wrong place - Mount Hutt instead of Mount Hutt Station.

03-03-13, 09:50 PM (EST)
8. "RE: TAR 22 - Episode 3 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Thinking... hope they have a good cleaning program for the rental cars after this roadblock is over...

03-03-13, 09:55 PM (EST)
9. "RE: TAR 22 - Episode 3 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Not a job I wanna have.

03-03-13, 09:56 PM (EST)
10. "RE: TAR 22 - Episode 3 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Connor finishes the roadblock and he & Dave are currently in first place! They get their next clue to go to the pit stop. Terrace Downs is the pit stop for this episode.

They seem to be having a lot of fun on this roadblock, even if it is rather messy and the water looks filthy and definitely unhygienic.

Dave and Connor are the first team to arrive (note this wording)! They win a trip to Bangkok.

Phil then hands them their next clue and asks them if they're up to continuing. Dave admits he really was hoping for a rest break, but no, they've got to continue.

... and it's a To Be Continued.

03-03-13, 09:58 PM (EST)
11. "RE: TAR 22 - Episode 3 - East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Ah, I hope they can stay in it for awhile longer, I know it has to be a pain on the crutches but he's been so joyful while on them that I hate to see them go.

03-03-13, 10:00 PM (EST)
12. "Next week..."
Dave and Connor discuss whether to drop out or keep going.

They're off to Bali.

Caroline has a meltdown.

03-03-13, 10:05 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Next week..."
Reminder: I won't be able to live-blog the next FOUR episodes (not two) as I'm out of town each of the next four Sundays - in order, will be in northern NY state, NYC, at my folks place (forgot about this), and in Washington DC.

03-04-13, 03:14 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Next week..."
Bali *sigh*

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •