The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Final leg specualtion and spoilers."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-06-09, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Final leg specualtion and spoilers."
I was reading Phil's Blog on Entertainment Weekly's website and he has a few things to say to tease about the final leg of the race.

I though I'd put it here and we can collect any other info that gets published about the final leg.

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/05/phil-keoghan-bl.html

After 3 continents, 9 countries, and 40,000 miles, it all comes down to one final leg. The final three teams will square off in a leg that will test everything from their endurance, their memories, and even their sea legs. And one racer’s Karma may come back to haunt them. Two teams will put their friendship first when they set aside the Race and help each other finish a task, and the final three teams will find themselves racing neck-and-neck in their last task on the road to the million dollar prize.

One racer's Karma? Trying to think who has Karma to pay for. From one of the U-turns or something from one of the challenges? Yelling at a taxi driver finally gets someone dumped out of a cab somewhere you can't get another one?

Two teams put friendship first. Not sure which two this will be. I could see any two of them doing this.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Final leg specualtion and spoil... Max Headroom 05-06-09 1
   RE: Final leg specualtion and spoil... Snidget 05-06-09 2
       RE: Final leg specualtion and spoil... PepeLePew13 05-06-09 3
 RE: Final leg specualtion and spoil... Loree 05-06-09 4
   RE: Final leg specualtion and spoil... olathejoe 05-08-09 5
 RE: Final leg specualtion and spoil... Belle Book 05-08-09 6
 RE: Final leg specualtion and spoil... shimane22 05-08-09 7
   RE: Final leg specualtion and spoil... Belle Book 05-08-09 8
       RE: Final leg specualtion and spoil... Rayne 05-09-09 9
           RE: Final leg specualtion and spoil... Belle Book 05-09-09 10
               RE: Final leg specualtion and spoil... PepeLePew13 05-09-09 11
                   RE: Final leg specualtion and spoil... Belle Book 05-09-09 12
                       RE: Final leg specualtion and spoil... dabo 05-10-09 14
                       RE: Final leg specualtion and spoil... ARnutz 05-10-09 15
 RE: Final leg specualtion and spoil... MsShel330 05-09-09 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-09, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Final leg specualtion and spoilers."
Two teams put friendship first. Not sure which two this will be. I could see any two of them doing this.

We've been hit over the head all season about the friendship between Margie/Luke and Cara/Jaime, so those two are my bet for the cooperating teams. Will it make a difference? Don't know.

Headbanger by IceCat, siggie by agman

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-09, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Final leg specualtion and spoilers."
I would guess those two just because Tammy and Victor are pretty much not that interested in cooperating.

I guess I missed the friendship between those two teams specifically. Probably for all the assorted screeching. The redheads at the locals and Margie and Luke at Keisha and Jen.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-09, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Final leg specualtion and spoilers."
There's been more than a few cases of Margie/Luke and Cara/Jaime helping each other or communicating with each other throughout this season. Just last week, Luke was seen pointing the way to a clue to the redheads. There was, of course, the U-turn that Luke/Margie slapped on Kris/Amanda to help Cara/Jaime survive in the game. We saw them back in about episode 3 in Switzerland when the girls were fingerspelling to Luke while on the train.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-09, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Final leg specualtion and spoilers."
>Can’t believe we are almost at the end of this season. I feel like this is one of the best editions we've ever done. The cast was amazing, the challenges were creative and unique and the pace was unstoppable. I hope you guys feel the same.

I don't feel the same Phil. I am disappointed with the finale. I thought there was weak casting and challenges this season.

olathejoe 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-08-09, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail olathejoe Click to send private message to olathejoe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Final leg specualtion and spoilers."
>Can’t believe we are almost at the end of this season. I feel like this is one of the best editions we've ever done. The cast was amazing, the challenges were creative and unique and the pace was unstoppable. I hope you guys feel the same.

I do feel the same. The last few seasons were getting stale, this one was much better. Not as much Airport drama, better tasks for the most part, and not as much drama between the teams, more concentrating on racing. I liked it.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-08-09, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Final leg specualtion and spoilers."
I think Jaime is the Racer who has Karma to pay for, mainly because she's the one who yells at taxi drivers, although it could also be Luke because of his sneakiness.

The two teams who put friendship first are Cara & Jaime and Margie & Luke. We've seen several examples of their friendship in the Race -- most notably when Margie & Luke U-Turned Amanda & Kris to help out Cara & Jaime.

shimane22 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-08-09, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shimane22 Click to send private message to shimane22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Final leg specualtion and spoilers."

I'd say based on the positioning in this picture either Tammy/Victor or Jaime/Cara win.

Perhaps it's 4-3-2-1 (Kisha/Jen, Margie/Luke, Jaime/Cara, Tammy/Victor), or Cara/Jaime win with the runners-up on either side of them, a la the Olympics.

Tammy and Victor look the happiest, but they are always grinning like that.

Cara and Jaime actually look very happy as well, I'm not sure Jaime would be smiling so much if she lost. Perhaps her apparent frustration with the surfboard task and the taxi karma thing are red herrings... or maybe she's just happy to be done with foreign countries for awhile.

Luke looks the most pissy, so I really doubt he and Margie win.

05-08-09, 06:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Final leg specualtion and spoilers."
Yeah, I don't think Margie & Luke win either. I'm going with a Cara & Jaime win although I'd be happy with a Tammy & Victor win as well. I think that Jaime's apparent frustration with the surfboard task (which I believe is a Roadblock) and the taxi karma bit are red herrings, but I could be wrong. In either case, as long as Margie & Luke don't win I'll be real happy.

Rayne 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-09-09, 07:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rayne Click to send private message to Rayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Final leg specualtion and spoilers."
I think Tammy & Victor win. Victor is holding up 1 finger in the picture. Although, I know I'm in the minority but I would like to see Margie and Luke win.

05-09-09, 12:06 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Final leg specualtion and spoilers."
Yeah, I saw that and that's why I said that Tammy & Victor could well win and that I'd be pleased if they did. But we'll find out for sure on Sunday. For all we know, he could just be putting up one finger for some other reason.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-09, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Final leg specualtion and spoilers."
LAST EDITED ON 05-09-09 AT 03:19 PM (EST)

FWIW, Jennifer (of Preston and Jennifer) had her hand raised in a number one position as well.

I agree, Luke doesn't look all that happy in the picture. It's probable he was reacting to not winning as he's fiercely competitive and being on TAR was such a dream for him, but it's also possible that it's a delayed reaction to what an interpreter was relaying to him from the photographer. Everyone in the picture looks like they're reacting to a cue, and Luke wouldn't hear that particular cue on the fly. There's usually a delay of 1 to 3 seconds from an interpreter, and can be as long as ten seconds if it's during a speech as the interpreter has to hear the whole bit and get the right tone/inflection before relaying it.

Truthfully, I don't think you could infer anything conclusive from the photo about the possible final order or winner.

05-09-09, 06:27 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Final leg specualtion and spoilers."
Maybe not. Still, I don't think Margie & Luke win. It's down to Cara & Jaime and Tammy & Victor, and I'm torn between the two teams as to which one I should root for. I'm just going to wait until tomorrow to find out.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-09, 00:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Final leg specualtion and spoilers."
On the other hand, Luke cannot hear instructions from a photographer/director (whoever) and Margie is standing next to him and is facing the camera. Even though he is usually pretty animated, in this situation he may simply be trying to follow the actions of the rest of the group.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-09, 08:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Final leg specualtion and spoilers."
It is possible that Cara and Jamie are just doing the "we are peppy cheerleaders" pose.

MsShel330 694 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-09-09, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MsShel330 Click to send private message to MsShel330 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Final leg specualtion and spoilers."
I'm hoping that the Victor pose is "we're number 1" as in he and Tammy won. I don't like Cara/Jamie or Margie/Luke. But we will see in a few hours. ITA Luke doesn't look as happy as the others in the top 3.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •