The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New tiwst?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

sarah1234 107 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-07-07, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sarah1234 Click to send private message to sarah1234 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"New tiwst?"
Anyone watch the pre-race interview with Kynt and Vyxsin (on the CBS website)? At the end, Kynt mentions something like this (paraphrase).

Any team that we're alligned with that screws us, they'd better watch out when it comes to a "U-Turn".

U-turn? Fits the whole roadsign theme. Perhaps instead of the yeild, which makes the team just wait, the team would have to go back and re-do a portion of the leg?

Anyone else have ideas?

-sarah

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: New tiwst? dabo 11-08-07 1
 RE: New tiwst? Estee 11-08-07 2
 More than one twist Cygnus X1 11-08-07 3
   RE: More than one twist Earl Colby Pottinger 11-08-07 4
   RE: More than one twist HobbsofMI 11-09-07 5
   Darn... aquariaqueen 11-09-07 6
       RE: Darn... Cygnus X1 11-09-07 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-08-07, 02:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: New tiwst?"
Kynt may have been making a strategy comment, more than once we've seen teams eliminated because they followed another team the wrong way. It could also be so much hot air, of course.

But you have an interesting idea, nice speculation. That would basically be a teamkiller change in the rules of the game, much worse than a Yield.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-07, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: New tiwst?"
I proposed a U-Turn a while back, but mine was a universal victimization. Basically, after finishing either leg of a Detour choice, the teams would open the clue to find the words 'Congratulations. Now go back and do the other half.' You could only do it once a season, but imagine the looks on everyone's faces...

It's possible to set this up as a Yield station of sorts, where one team could force another to complete both Detour branches before moving on -- but that probably isn't what we're looking at.

Probably.

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

11-08-07, 06:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "More than one twist"
LAST EDITED ON 11-08-07 AT 06:40 PM (EST)

I can confirm the U-Turn . . . and that's not the only one.

SeeBeeSss removed from the Ep 1 recap the following items, which appear on a page that has been mercifully cached by Google. I guess they didn't intend for this all to be revealed yet:

ROADBLOCK
In this Roadblock, one Team member had to choose a high-wire bicycle and ride it across a wind swept ravine suspended almost 200 feet above the North Atlantic while their partner, sitting eight feet below, was taken for the ride. TK, Vyxsin, Nathan, Azaria, Staella, Jason, Nicolas, Ron, Kate, Jennifer and Marianna performed Roadblock.

DETOUR
There was no Detour on this leg.

FAST FORWARD
There was no Fast Forward on this leg.

U-TURN:
There was no U-Turn on this leg.

SPEED BUMP
There was no Speed Bump on this leg.

FAST FORWARD
There was no Fast Forward on this leg.

YIELD
There was no Yield on this leg.

So, that leaves the question of what are the U-Turn and the Speed Bump? And I'm guessing the Intersection is over and done.

Tribe strikes again!
You've been warned, so don't complain.

Earl Colby Pottinger 1803 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-08-07, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: More than one twist"
Intersection is a good idea that was poorly done when it was used.

It clearly should be done early in the game when there are more combinations of possible pairs of teams, it also should not be the final task before a pit-stop.

I hope they bring it back and use it properly in future games.

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-07, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: More than one twist"
Speed Bump sounds like you are limited on how fast you can go/drive. Kind of like having a donkey that won't move and you watch everyone else go by.

Save the Cheerleader Save the World
sig by Pepe and bouncy by IceCat

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-09-07, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Darn..."
Darn, no "Dead End"?

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

11-09-07, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Darn..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-10-07 AT 10:31 PM (EST)

That's what happens when SeeBeeSss cancels the show before the race is complete.

Tribe strikes again!
"Darn! That's the end!" --"Interjections," Schoolhouse Rock

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •